Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Anyone else a bit surprised at some of the negative press on Sturridge?

Read 6170 times
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Sep 14, 2013 06:39:01 am
      BR has stepped in to defend Sturridge missing the two England games yet might be fit enough to suit up for our match against Swansea on Monday.  Apparently people are questioning his desire to play for the English team... and to that I say what total bollocks!! And then of course, ole Laudrup trying a bit of mind play by jumping in on this as well.

For fks sakes.... the last England game was Tuesday and we play the Swans on Monday, that is 6 fking days apart. Danny wasn't 100% fit so he misses the England games so that he is 100% fit for Swansea... I don't see any wrong in that. 

Anyone else feel the same?  Playing for the country is super important for sure, but it doesn't do anyone any good if you are playing when you are injured, making it worse might mean you miss way more games in the future.

Personally I'm going to chalk it up to the media / Laudrup just trying to stir up anything they can leading up to the game. I hope Danny Boy plays and scores the winner.

edit* oh btw here is a section of the article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/10308358/Swansea-City-manager-Michael-Laudrup-surprised-by-Liverpool-striker-Daniel-Sturridges-return-to-fitness.html

>>
      Laudrup said: “Everyone is talking about England needing its young players and the importance of the game. I am sure he would have played the other day in a crucial game but he didn’t as he was injured. But just 48 hours later and he is already fit to play against us. I was a little surprised about that. I thought there were some rules that if you were injured you couldn’t play for your team three or four days later.”>>

apparently in mr laudrup's world.  last tuesday to monday is just 48 hrs apart.

Nice work Laudrup... pass me whatever you're puffing.
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2013 10:04:35 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Anyone else a bit suprsied at some of the negative press on sturridge?
      Reply #1: Sep 14, 2013 06:51:39 am
      Haha, can't believe Laudrup has come up with that sh*t.
      Are you scared, sir?
      Cross
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Re: Anyone else a bit suprsied at some of the negative press on sturridge?
      Reply #2: Sep 14, 2013 07:10:51 am
      He is a Liverpool player, isn't he? So now I can't say I'm surprised by the press. Though I am surprised by Laudrup sticking his nose into it anyway, I always figured him for a classy character oh well he's made his bed now he and his team must be thrashed in it.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Anyone else a bit suprsied at some of the negative press on Sturridge?
      Reply #3: Sep 14, 2013 08:07:54 am
      >>
      Laudrup said: “Everyone is talking about England needing its young players and the importance of the game. I am sure he would have played the other day in a crucial game but he didn’t as he was injured. But just 48 hours later and he is already fit to play against us. I was a little surprised about that. I thought there were some rules that if you were injured you couldn’t play for your team three or four days later.”
      >>

apparently in mr laudrup's world.  last tuesday to monday is just 48 hrs apart.

Nice work Laudrup... pass me whatever you're puffing.

What a terrible psycho game he is playing. Get your facts right Mr. Laudrup.

:aaliverpool2xt1: :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #4: Sep 14, 2013 08:32:51 am
      Call me selfish (or Shirley) but If no Liverpool player ever played for england again I'd be ecstatic, as for Laudrups mind games, is anyone gonna fall for that sh*t? Psychologically we're at a peak and Swansea need to climb to reach us, straws and clutching spring to mind.

F**k him and F**k his team.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #5: Sep 14, 2013 08:41:05 am
      surprised? he wears a red shirt. he will be brought down by the media like every other big red before him. does anyone even think otherwise?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #6: Sep 14, 2013 08:53:58 am
      Not one bit...

As many have said the press love to hate us, and will always lay into us regardless...! If this was Bale they would be talking about how young players bounce back so fast or some sh*t like that.

This is a strange one, but from speaking to a lot of LFC fans it would appear none gave a sh*t about the England game this weekend which is interesting.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #7: Sep 14, 2013 08:56:31 am
      Not surprised one fcking bit .that arl c**t down the east lancs road done it for years with that old man giggs but not a word was spoken he left wales down on numerous occasions , if danny could have played he would have its a world cup year ffs ,you think the media are having a pop now wait till that other c**t luis re emerges then the sh*t will really start, F**k them all ,there is only one team and that is us , come on you mighty reds lets ride high again.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #8: Sep 14, 2013 09:00:04 am
      1 question?

Does anyone actually care?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #9: Sep 14, 2013 09:06:36 am
      Not one bit surprised but don't give a sh*t what Laudrup or the media think anyway.

As if Brian Laudrup would be happy if one of his players who was less than 100% fit was played in internationals and then missed his next club game.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10: Sep 14, 2013 09:12:12 am
      He wears Liverpool red not utd nor Arsenal or the blue of Chelsea therefore the press will stick the boot in especially where the England national team is concerned

How many times have we lost players to injuries while away with England? Press never make an issue of that. Sturridge was injured not 100% fit. Do the media and those whoppers who follow engerrrland till they die want to see England teams playing players not fully fit to represent there country?.

Bollox to the press and anyone else having a go
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #11: Sep 14, 2013 09:26:02 am

Not surprised (or suprsied  ;D) at all. In fact I'm surprised that anyone is.

Murdoch's minions have been on our back and treating us with contempt for years now: all Reds should know that... hell even Luis Suarez twigged on to that particular fact pretty early on. Oh and btw, don't listen to anyone who says Danny has brought it on himself.   >:D
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2013 09:31:59 am by bad boy bubby »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #12: Sep 14, 2013 09:32:12 am
       The best thing Danny can do to the negative press and Laudrup is to put 3 or 4 goals in the Swansea net,that will give the basta*ds something to moan about.
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2013 10:15:24 am by Billy1 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Anyone else a bit surprised at some of the negative press on Sturridge?
      Reply #13: Sep 14, 2013 10:13:17 am
      Why would we be surprised about the media and people trying to find yet another way to have a pop at something to do with the club, its how they get their jollies off.

They also seem to forget that come our game on monday it woyld have been 6 days since the Ukraine game, 6 days is a long period in football, especially when it comes to sitting out with an injury. By not playing for England he has gotten extra recovery time and not increased his chances of making the injury far worse. Don't hear them getting all hot under the collar when its a Manc or Chav that misses the game.

He's the best striker in the league at the moment in terms of form and has been since Suarez picked up his ban, 11 goals in 9 games and we are top of the league = everyone trying to both Sturridge and the club down so their precious Mancs and precious RVP can have a chance to catch up.

Also find it odd other managers pipe up too because if it was one of their players or in form player that had a slight knock they wouldn't be moaning about the player not turning out for the National team but playing nearly a A WHOLE WEEK later.

As far as I'm concerend, F**k the National team off altogether. Liverpool Football Club is the only team that matters.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #14: Sep 14, 2013 12:47:22 pm
      He hasn't missed any games that mattered - we haven't had a fixture since we beat that lot on 1st September

The beginning and end of discussion for me - and the business of no-one but redmen.
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2013 12:56:45 pm by Scotia »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: Sep 14, 2013 12:53:20 pm
      F**k England, F**k the media, F**k Laudrup, we're not English we're Scouse(I'm Scottish, is that allowed?)

Liverpool pay his wages , end of ,

England medical staff ruled him unfit so all the haters can F**k off

SIMPLES. !!!

Who f***in cares what anyone else thinks !

YNWA

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #16: Sep 14, 2013 01:08:55 pm
      Thought Laudrup was a class act. Seems I was wrong.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #17: Sep 14, 2013 01:18:29 pm
      Thought Laudrup was a class act. Seems I was wrong.

Lot of speculation his relationship with the chairman had broken down during the summer - I've a feeling this could be a little bit tougher a season for the swans.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #18: Sep 14, 2013 01:29:47 pm
      Lot of speculation his relationship with the chairman had broken down during the summer - I've a feeling this could be a little bit tougher a season for the swans.

Over money for players wasn't it?

I've a feeling Laudrup will out grow Swansea pretty quickly.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #19: Sep 14, 2013 01:36:28 pm
      F**k England, F**k the media, F**k Laudrup, we're not English we're Scouse(I'm Scottish, is that allowed?)

You're F***ing right it's allowed, MacScouse all F***ing day.

Liverpool pay his wages , end of ,

England medical staff ruled him unfit so all the haters can F**k off

SIMPLES. !!!

Who f***in cares what anyone else thinks !

YNWA

The England medics judged him unfit to play.
      Our medical crew ruled him unfit - end of story.
      We owe them F**k all.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #20: Sep 14, 2013 01:39:02 pm
      I thought a bit higher of Laudrup. Oh well. Anyway, we're talking about almost a week between games and it was the FA staff that ruled him out. So the press can go to hell!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #21: Sep 14, 2013 02:00:15 pm
      About time we took this stand Untd have been doing this for Yeats and don't  get any agro from the highly biased Manc loving press
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #22: Sep 14, 2013 02:18:55 pm
      Wonder if Rooney will get the same media treatment after missing 2 games for England and then starting for the mancs.

Quick Reply