Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What will the result be?

Liverpool win.
      78 (94%)
      Draw.
      4 (4.8%)
      Southampton win.
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Liverpool vs Southampton 21-09-13 1500 BST

Read 18681 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Liverpool vs Southampton 21-09-13 1500 BST
      Reply #46: Sep 20, 2013 10:32:30 am
      Bit worried now Coutinho's out, struggle to see where the creativity comes from. Hoping we are solid at back and in possession, and Sturridge is on form to get a goal or two.

Don't like the idea of Shaw and Lallana up against Skrtel or Toure at right back. Not sure what the boss should do for this one...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #47: Sep 20, 2013 10:53:20 am
      looks like Danny will be fit , would play Toure at RB
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #48: Sep 20, 2013 11:08:47 am
      Yeah I agree that Alberto should get the opportunity to start in the no.10 role, Aspas has had his chance. I think with a free role like that, Alberto will show his worth.
      Again, we are spoiled for choice in defense but I would like to see Sakho and Skrtel (unless Agger is fit) with Toure at RB, Wisdom just isn't up to it.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #49: Sep 20, 2013 11:12:33 am
      Not too worried about this one. Swansea was a wake up call for playing the full 90 mins with full pressure unless(hopefully) it's all wrapped up before that,then ease off with the ''SCUM'' coming up next week. 3pts all day for me.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #50: Sep 20, 2013 11:18:01 am
      Mig; Wisdom, Toure, Sakho, Enrique; Lucas, Gerrard, Hendo; Sterling, Sturridge, Moses

3 man midfield. Sterling on the right. Moses left.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #51: Sep 20, 2013 11:23:02 am
      Mig, Toure, Sktrel, Agger if fit, Enrique, Lucas, Henderson, Steven, Luis Alberto, Moses, Super Daniel
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #52: Sep 20, 2013 11:31:35 am
       To me the team almost picks itself. Mignolet in goal, Enrique left back, Kolo and Sakho centre halves, Skrtel right back (he's played there before. Stevie, Lucas and Hendo in midfield, Viktor Moses wide left, Danny centre forward and Aspas right. Simple.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #53: Sep 20, 2013 01:02:40 pm
      Think this is the ideal match for Aspas to "redeem" himself after the last three performances. Some have written the lad off already but I saw enough in pre season to see something in the lad. I think he needs to get tougher but he is definitely technically adept enough for the PL.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #54: Sep 20, 2013 02:15:20 pm
      If we are to play a CB at right back I'd much rather it was Toure than Skrtel.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #55: Sep 20, 2013 02:32:52 pm

Completely agree mate, Skrtel has been very hit and miss there.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #56: Sep 20, 2013 02:42:02 pm
      Completely agree mate, Skrtel has been very hit and miss there.

With Hendo in the side we can play 4 or 3 at the back with Toure, Skrtel and Sakho. Henderson just moves back if needed.

Gerrard, Lucas and Alberto as a three with Sturridge and Moses as the forwards.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #57: Sep 20, 2013 03:41:21 pm
      i always look forward to watch cou play, hope he makes a quick recovery. When it comes to the lineup, would only play Aspas instead of Cou and put in Alberto in after the 65th minute for Aspas.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #58: Sep 20, 2013 03:56:47 pm
      I am not a great fan of 3 at the back, so I would play Toure there for this one. Bring Allen if fit in and move Gerrard forward (I love watching him when he plays further forward) behind Sturridge.

Mignolet

Toure           Skrtel            Sakho           Enrique

Lucas       Allen

Henderson                                       Moses

Gerrard

Sturridge

Win the midfield battle, play for the full 90 minutes and we shouldn't have a problem. 3-0
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #59: Sep 20, 2013 04:19:44 pm

Same here, I'm sure Skrtel has played just one game at RB and he had an absolute mare in 08/09 I think, it was the one of the two games we lost that year against Boro. I'm sure it was the game where Carra kicked up a fuss about playing out there but then regretted it.

Toure can do a job at RB although i still wouldn't say no to Kelly coming back into the side if he is up to it. He has had plenty of minutes in the under 21s and a home game against Saints isn't a bad game to bring him in.

As for Alberto, I'm not filled with confidence he can make all the difference BUT given he scored a hatrick against the mancs he probably derserves his shot if he gets it. I'd pop Henderson into the middle myself though, and ask young Sterling or Ibe to play on the right. This way you are less reliant on whoever plays at fullback to provide width and attacking options. As well as Henderson has been playing he is only a good option on the right IF he has someone like Jonno overlapping and offering an attacking threat.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #60: Sep 20, 2013 04:21:09 pm
      I am not a great fan of 3 at the back, so I would play Toure there for this one. Bring Allen if fit in and move Gerrard forward (I love watching him when he plays further forward) behind Sturridge.

Mignolet

Toure           Skrtel            Sakho           Enrique

Lucas       Allen

Henderson                                       Moses

Gerrard

Sturridge

Win the midfield battle, play for the full 90 minutes and we shouldn't have a problem. 3-0

Allen, are you mad, he's bloody awful??
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #61: Sep 20, 2013 04:46:51 pm
      Allen, are you mad, he's bloody awful??

I agree he has been poor, but more because he has been asked to play a role for which he was unsuited than any lack of ability IMO. I think if he is allowed to play his natural game with Gerrard being the one to be moved forward we may see a return of Allen's form.... although there is always the chance that I may be completely wrong and he is just crap :)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #62: Sep 20, 2013 04:53:02 pm
      Same here, I'm sure Skrtel has played just one game at RB and he had an absolute mare in 08/09 I think, it was the one of the two games we lost that year against Boro. I'm sure it was the game where Carra kicked up a fuss about playing out there but then regretted it.

Toure can do a job at RB although i still wouldn't say no to Kelly coming back into the side if he is up to it. He has had plenty of minutes in the under 21s and a home game against Saints isn't a bad game to bring him in.

As for Alberto, I'm not filled with confidence he can make all the difference BUT given he scored a hatrick against the mancs he probably derserves his shot if he gets it. I'd pop Henderson into the middle myself though, and ask young Sterling or Ibe to play on the right. This way you are less reliant on whoever plays at fullback to provide width and attacking options. As well as Henderson has been playing he is only a good option on the right IF he has someone like Jonno overlapping and offering an attacking threat.

I am not sure if Henderson has the creativity in his passing at the moment to take the key position behind the strikers, which is why I went for Gerrard, although to be fair I am not sure if Gerrards legs are up to it either mate.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #63: Sep 20, 2013 04:53:11 pm
      Why, all of a sudden, are we saying we need to push Gerrard forward or we need to play Alberto when we can just revert back to our 4 3 3 formation that we started the season with.

Mignolet

Toure                    Skrtle                   Agger (if fit)   Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard                      Henderson

Aspas                          Sturridge                        Moses

This all day for me.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #64: Sep 20, 2013 04:59:16 pm
      Why, all of a sudden, are we saying we need to push Gerrard forward or we need to play Alberto when we can just revert back to our 4 3 3 formation that we started the season with.

Maybe like me, most people feel we have a lack of creativity without Coutinho pulling the strings.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #65: Sep 20, 2013 05:22:54 pm
      Yeah I agree that Alberto should get the opportunity to start in the no.10 role, Aspas has had his chance. I think with a free role like that, Alberto will show his worth.
      Again, we are spoiled for choice in defense but I would like to see Sakho and Skrtel (unless Agger is fit) with Toure at RB, Wisdom just isn't up to it.

Why don't we play Toure, Skrtel, Agger, Sakho as the back 4?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #66: Sep 20, 2013 05:30:51 pm
      Maybe like me, most people feel we have a lack of creativity without Coutinho pulling the strings.
      Well that's how I'm seeing it too to be honest. It's weird how one injury to a quality player can throw things off kilter and an indication, if ever one was needed, how incomplete our squad is.

I'd try Henderson at right back  (very mobile and a big engine); Centre backs I'd go with Sakho and Skrtel (Lambert ain't the most mobile). My midfield three - like you s@int I'd push Gerrard forward and bring in Allen just in front of Lucas. Up front is a bit harder but I'd probably start with Aspas (just shades Alberto), Sturridge and Moses.

I'll be away for this one but when I touch down I'll be expecting to read about a comfortable Reds win.  8)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #67: Sep 20, 2013 05:49:48 pm
      Why don't we play Toure, Skrtel, Agger, Sakho as the back 4?

maybe we will, maybe we will
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #68: Sep 20, 2013 06:03:11 pm
      Well that's how I'm seeing it too to be honest. It's weird how one injury to a quality player can throw things off kilter and an indication, if ever one was needed, how incomplete our squad is.
      This is exactly why we should have went all out to get Eriksen,  we needed another attacking midfielder. Thing is, he is versatile and could have adapted to different positions if Coutinho was playing as well.

Quick Reply