Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will we spank the mancs in the cup?

Yes?
      65 (62.5%)
      No?
      16 (15.4%)
      yes, in extra time?
      23 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 25/9/13 7.45pm - League Cup R3

Read 16971 times
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Re: Pre Match: Man Utd v Liverpool 25/9/13 7.45pm - League Cup R3
      Reply #115: Sep 25, 2013 01:51:08 pm
      Throw adam morgan in the mix he mite smash another 45 yarder in Adam Morgan (Liverpool U-21) scores 45-yard wonder goal vs Man City U-21
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #116: Sep 25, 2013 01:52:44 pm
      Liverpool fans that aren't too fussed about the outcome of a match against our biggest rivals may as well F**k off to London and support Man Utd. Tonight's game is F***ing HUUUGE, make no mistake about it. Going to be difficult I think, they'll be itching to set the record straight. I'd go with:

Mignolet

Kelly   Toure   Sakho   Enrique

Gerrard   Lucas

Henderson

Sturridge   Suarez   Sterling

Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Wisdom, Alberto, Ibe, Aspas, Moses
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #117: Sep 25, 2013 01:57:24 pm
      Liverpool fans that aren't too fussed about the outcome of a match against our biggest rivals may as well F**k off to London and support Man Utd. Tonight's game is F***ing HUUUGE, make no mistake about it. Going to be difficult I think, they'll be itching to set the record straight. I'd go with:

Mignolet

Kelly   Toure   Sakho   Enrique

Gerrard   Lucas

Henderson

Sturridge   Suarez   Sterling

Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Wisdom, Alberto, Ibe, Aspas, Moses

My opinion, my choice.
      Who the F**k are you to say otherwise?
      Especially as I've been supporting and going to matches for the best part of 50 years.
      So take your platitudes and stick them where the sun don't shine fella, and never, ever question my love for the club again.

If we win, we go to the next round.
      That's all.
      Unless of course you place more emphasis on giving it billy big bollocks than progressing, which is the curse of modern football, and the equivalent of sticking your tongue out at someone and going "ne ne ne ne ne".

We haven't been utds biggest rivals for many years, and like it or not that's the truth of the matter.

I'm more interested in how we play than I am in giving it large, and if we play well and lose, I'll be ok with that.
      If we play sh*te and win, less so because that means there is no progression towards becoming their biggest rivals again.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #118: Sep 25, 2013 01:58:08 pm
      Sticking £10 on LFC to win in extra time....  NOT to nil.  Rooney scoring.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #119: Sep 25, 2013 02:02:22 pm
      Last year Suarez should have got the golden boot.

Hope he terrorises teams this season.
      Starting with United.

Then if he has to leave so be it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #120: Sep 25, 2013 02:05:30 pm
      Last year Suarez should have got the golden boot.

Hope he terrorises teams this season.
      Starting with United.

Then if he has to leave so be it.

Really looking forwards to seeing him play for us again, and he has a point to prove which will make him even more dangerous.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #121: Sep 25, 2013 02:24:18 pm
       You can back Luis at over 16/1 on Betfair to be top Prem scorer this season. I reckon he's well worth a bet, particularly if Van Persie reverts to career type and misses half the season.
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #122: Sep 25, 2013 02:29:47 pm
      My opinion, my choice.
      Who the F**k are you to say otherwise?
      Especially as I've been supporting and going to matches for the best part of 50 years.
      So take your platitudes and stick them where the sun don't shine fella, and never, ever question my love for the club again.

If we win, we go to the next round.
      That's all.
      Unless of course you place more emphasis on giving it billy big bollocks than progressing, which is the curse of modern football, and the equivalent of sticking your tongue out at someone and going "ne ne ne ne ne".

We haven't been utds biggest rivals for many years, and like it or not that's the truth of the matter.

I'm more interested in how we play than I am in giving it large, and if we play well and lose, I'll be ok with that.
      If we play sh*te and win, less so because that means there is no progression towards becoming their biggest rivals again.

Whoopde doo, would you like a medal for supporting the club for 50 years? You have a funny way of showing your support when you come out with garbage like "I hope we win but I'm not really that fussed". "My opinion, my choice" is that, that is a load of bullshit.

Yes we are Utd's biggest rivals, why do you think they always sing about our club when they're not even playing us? They're obsessed and jealous with us that we're still the more successful club than they are. They love to hate us, we haven't been too successful in the last two decades but we're still the two biggest clubs in England. This is the biggest rivalry in England, by a country F***ing mile. This game means everything regardless of competition. This doesn't ever feel like a football match, it's a F***ing war every time we step onto the pitch with them cu*ts. You sit back and have a beer with your friends, I'll be on the edge of my seat for the whole damn evening because this means a god damn lot to me as it does every time we play.

if we play well and lose, I'll be ok with that.

And what the F**k is that supposed to mean? So you'd rather us play well and lose rather than play sh*t and win? I get where you're coming from I really do, playing well is important, of course it is. But ultimately it's the winning that counts, nobody remembers the losers that played well. Only the winners are remembered, only the winners will be in the hat.

If you want a team that plays well and loses, go support Arsenal. They've played well for the past 8 years and won sweet F**k all!  :-\
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #123: Sep 25, 2013 03:16:07 pm
      Whoopde doo, would you like a medal for supporting the club for 50 years? You have a funny way of showing your support when you come out with garbage like "I hope we win but I'm not really that fussed". "My opinion, my choice" is that, that is a load of bullshit.

Yes we are Utd's biggest rivals, why do you think they always sing about our club when they're not even playing us? They're obsessed and jealous with us that we're still the more successful club than they are. They love to hate us, we haven't been too successful in the last two decades but we're still the two biggest clubs in England. This is the biggest rivalry in England, by a country F***ing mile. This game means everything regardless of competition. This doesn't ever feel like a football match, it's a F***ing war every time we step onto the pitch with them cu*ts. You sit back and have a beer with your friends, I'll be on the edge of my seat for the whole damn evening because this means a god damn lot to me as it does every time we play.

And what the F**k is that supposed to mean? So you'd rather us play well and lose rather than play sh*t and win? I get where you're coming from I really do, playing well is important, of course it is. But ultimately it's the winning that counts, nobody remembers the losers that played well. Only the winners are remembered, only the winners will be in the hat.

If you want a team that plays well and loses, go support Arsenal. They've played well for the past 8 years and won sweet F**k all!  :-\

Nope, city, chelsea, arsenal and possibly spurs are utds biggest rivals, but tribalism and dickheads being what they are, always look for an excuse to give it large, and other dickheads fall for it every F***ing time while the gutter press stir up sh*t and laugh at them.
      So we beat utd. So F***ing what? Will it get us further up the league table? Will we have won a trophy?
      No, it's just so knobheads can bask in vicarious glory thinking they have contributed, when the fact is they haven't.

The problem we have as a club is people like you living in the past, and the problem utd's support have is that even now they are full of insecure dickheads who think it's funny (just like some of ours) to sing disgusting songs.
      It's called history, which means it's gone, it's over. it's done, it can't be changed.
      What's important is looking to the future and trying to challenge again for the league, but people blinded by tribalism and living in the past will never be able to accept that.
      That's why Anfield is like a F***ing morgue when we're playing badly, because some think we have a divine right to win trophies.
      Well, guess what, we don't.
      We have no more rights than any other team.
      It's attitudes like this that saw the hooliganism grow in the 70's and 80's, and that has now morphed into unrealistic expectations, which see's people slagging the players, the manager and booing at matches.

Seeing the bigger picture, and looking for signs of progression is not lacking support.
      It's cu*ts who want it all NOW and start crying like little kids that are the problem and have been for years, along with tribalism and pissed up tw*ts who think it's cool to do aeroplane impressions but then get all offended when opposition supporters retaliate, and I can F***ing guarantee there'll be plenty of that sh*te tonight. There'll be plenty who don't join in who are sniggering behind their hands and then acting all outraged when it comes back at them.

It's a F***ing game, end of.
      It's not more important than life or death, despite the plastic tw*ts who trot out old PR quotes like they are pearls of wisdom that actually mean something.

I want us to progress, I want us to grow as a club and be successful again, and it doesn't matter how many times we beat utd if we can't do that.
      Playing well consistently is a sign that the team is progressing, but arseholes all over the place think we should be winning by virtue of the fact we won in the past.
      Well here's a F***ing wake up call: right now progression and good cup runs are diametrically opposed.
      There's no points, there's no F**k all on offer tonight, except possibly another step to a back door into the Europa league, and call me old fashioned, but I'd rather get into Europe by doing it the old fashioned way: by gaining enough points over 38 matches and showing we deserve to be there, rather than whining and moaning about how we should be there because of who we are.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #124: Sep 25, 2013 03:24:05 pm
      I wish people would stop F***ing bickering before a big game like tonight and get behind the team.

Anyway I'm off to Old Trafford to see my team spank the mancs.

Enjoy the game everyone  :scarf:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #125: Sep 25, 2013 03:51:12 pm
      Wow!!  Reading through some of the comments is like listening to rival fans arguing, we're all on the same team guys.

I'm excited but worried about tonight, after the last couple of games I'm hoping that whatever team Brendan puts out knows what they're supposed to be doing as a collective.

If everyone is at the top of their game, it's an easy win.  These lot are not the force they once were, they look timid, scared of their own shadow and they're vulnerable after the hammering they took on Sunday.  They're also like a wounded bear and will resort to unsavory tactics so we have to be on our guard and not fall for any of their antics.

Play our game and we're in the next round, play them at theirs and we're out.  Simples!!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #126: Sep 25, 2013 03:57:34 pm
      Nope, city, chelsea, arsenal and possibly spurs are utds biggest rivals

Have to respectfully disagree with you here. You are discounting over 100 years of historic rivalry between us and United in favour of a few short years of title rivalry manufactured by clubs with sugar daddies. To say we are no longer rivals with United just because our league form has been poor the last 4 seasons is nonsense. You can't just put a century of club rivalry on hold!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #127: Sep 25, 2013 04:00:09 pm
      I kind of get what Swab is saying but I do disagree. Games against Utd are always massive irrespective of which competition it is. BTW Man Utd will be fighting it out with us for 4th spot this year rather than the title so we are rivals again anyway. if we beat Utd it will breath confidence into the squad again which is vital after the last 2 games so it is more than just a simple win. Surely after watchign football for 50 years that should be obvious.
      Anyway i have a feeling we'll win this but I'll be nervous all game.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #128: Sep 25, 2013 04:43:23 pm
      To booze or watch it in the house?

Reckon we'll have extra time in this one. Best get out then.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,300 posts | 4946 
      Reply #129: Sep 25, 2013 05:01:22 pm
      Just home and getting my tea early so I can settle for this.

Cannot wait.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #130: Sep 25, 2013 05:21:13 pm
      Building up to this all day!! Excitement levels reaching their peak, just hope we aren't as insipid as we were against Southampton, or it could be a long evening.

Tough call on the lineup, though I'm expecting Suarez to start.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #131: Sep 25, 2013 05:25:45 pm
      Have to respectfully disagree with you here. You are discounting over 100 years of historic rivalry between us and United in favour of a few short years of title rivalry manufactured by clubs with sugar daddies. To say we are no longer rivals with United just because our league form has been poor the last 4 seasons is nonsense. You can't just put a century of club rivalry on hold!

Honestly, this football rivalry is pretty new, especially in the form it takes now with all the bitterness and bile that supporters throw at each other.
      As a football club we had a very good relationship with man u up until hooliganism reared its ugly head, and we actually offered them our ground to play a match in, in I think 1971.

As cities there has been a business rivalry, but that didn't spill over into how it is now until the hooligans got involved.

Frankly, I have no idea how to "hate" an abstract, which is what a football club is.
      I don't hate their fans either, although like us, they have their share of idiots, in fact a few of them will be round at mine tonight to watch, along with a couple of other Liverpool fans.
      There'll be friendly banter, a few jokes, all in good spirit, which is exactly how it should be.

We are not rivals for them at the moment, simply because we are not in direct competition with them: we are not competing at that level yet.
      So to me, we are not rivals for the league, it is a manufactured rivalry that has its roots in the era of hooliganism with all the bitterness, bile and hatred that goes with it.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #132: Sep 25, 2013 05:26:19 pm
      F***ing training (legday) from 19:10 to 20:10 - going to miss the first 25 mins.

Absolutely gutted.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,933 posts | 283 
      Reply #133: Sep 25, 2013 05:27:58 pm
      So pumped for this, even though its a 3rd round tie in a micky mouse cup. Finished work early and aim to  be pretty merry come kick off.

Come on Luis, fill the back pages due to your amazing skills with a football, and make them look like the proper prats they are!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #134: Sep 25, 2013 05:37:12 pm
      I'm in e233 row 11 seat 180
      LFCexiled
      Reply #135: Sep 25, 2013 05:46:04 pm

I'll keep an eye out for ya. ;)

As for tonight, I'm making no predictions in the match thread as it always fucks up, I will however go for a Suarez tormentation (it's a word) of that little f***in sewer rat evra.

COME ON YOU REDMEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Reply #136: Sep 25, 2013 05:48:04 pm
      Giz a wave.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #137: Sep 25, 2013 05:54:38 pm
      Will try to watch it while at work... who needs working, right?
      Come on Reds!

Quick Reply