Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Pros and Cons of a winter break in England

Read 1681 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Pros and Cons of a winter break in England
      Oct 16, 2013 12:43:26 pm
      what do you think are the Pros, & Cons of the prem having say a 4 week winter break for last two weeks of Dec and 1st two weeks of Jan as some games around the UK get snowed off. Certainly in the lower leagues they do as they dont have under floor heating. Even in the prem if traveling to the grounds are a no go anyway why not let the players recover but then have the season extended by 4 weeks.

I do like a boxing day and newyears day game but the schedual is mental and the weather is not the best that time of year, we could all use the extra cash over the xmas period and players could have a bit of xmas family time do some charity work visiting hospitals etc.

just an idea interested to here your thoughts on it as if the Quatar world cup goes ahead we will have to do it
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Re: Pros and Cons of a winter break in England
      Reply #1: Oct 16, 2013 06:58:28 pm
      No chance, this 2 week international break has been hard enough mate! I don't mind a winter World Cup, would be something different for a change and it's still football at the end of the day. But LFC all year round would be ideal :)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Oct 16, 2013 07:28:23 pm
      No chance, this 2 week international break has been hard enough mate! I don't mind a winter World Cup, would be something different for a change and it's still football at the end of the day. But LFC all year round would be ideal :)
      I totally agree with you ,the next thing we will be having a 5 minute rest every 15 minutes in our league matches.I would love to see the clubs get control back from the F.A., E.U.F.A. and F.I.F.A. and tell them what they can do with their internationals.The game would still go on without those 3 bodies but it would be dead without the clubs.Power to the clubs I say especially Liverpool Football Club.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #3: Oct 16, 2013 07:59:31 pm
      The only reason that a winter break would ever be implemented is if the F.A. decided they could make more money out of it. Maybe they will use the World Cup as an experiment, but while we no longer play in the "mud the blood and the beer" as we did in the 60's and 70's and the weather to a great extent has been taken away as a factor to influence results, I still believe it helps to make English football more interesting.

If I had a vote I WOULD VOTE AGAINST IT.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #4: Oct 17, 2013 11:02:05 am
      haha good point i'm soo excited for sat so having 2,4weeks break would kill me  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Oct 17, 2013 11:57:26 am
      So the reason england f**k up at world cups and euros is because we don't have a winter break, nothing to do with sh*te coaches and sh*t players
      « Last Edit: Oct 17, 2013 12:04:33 pm by FATKOPITE10 »

Quick Reply