Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match: LFC v West Brom

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.7%)
      Mama Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      6 (4.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      124 (91.9%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Oct 29, 2013 06:15:24 pm

Liverpool 4-1 West Brom: In game and Post Match Happiness

Read 31515 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Liverpool vs West Brom: Live Thread
      Reply #322: Oct 26, 2013 05:35:43 pm
      Just f**k off you f**king TURD no one is interested in what you have to say after your comments earlier ,
      Liverpool fan  ?
      Don't make me f***in laugh , it's people like you who have  tarnished our reputation as good decent and fair supporters. Now F**k OFF tw*t. !

I've defended him in the past regarding spelling/grammar, his comments in this thread though are simply a disgrace.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #323: Oct 26, 2013 05:36:36 pm
      20 points after 9 games. That's a brilliant start.

Haven't seen the game yet but want to say good job Brendan and well done to the players.

Out of interest did we actually play well this time, or was it an average performance with a flattering scoreline?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #324: Oct 26, 2013 05:37:30 pm
      Didn't think we were really tested today at the back, so the 3 CB's/2 CB's weren't really an issue in the end. The Arse will be a sterner test.
      Plus West Brom looked nothing like the side that won at Old Trafford.
      The difference today - Suarez. Two moments of individual brilliance, then nicked another, and the game was pretty much over. Great to see Daniel get one too though, he's a huge reason why we're sitting 2nd this evening.
      After all the signings made in the summer, it's the one that nearly got away that is making the difference for us at the moment. BR's got a lot of credit in the bank based on that one decision.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #325: Oct 26, 2013 05:38:09 pm
      Well, a shame we didn't do that against Newcastle. A victory over Arsenal will make me forget Newcastle though.

You are a complete bollocksmith.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #326: Oct 26, 2013 05:45:27 pm
      Thought it was a bit of a defensive set-up before, but everybody just played so well. A healthy Johnno is so damn important for us.  Cissiokko was OK on the left , gave us some decent width at times. 

But when your strikers make plays like today , you wont lose too many.  Saurez 1st and 2nd , WoW.  What a special player.  Sturridge had some nice touches, drew a number of fouls and finished with a gem of a chip.

Gerrard was spot on passing. Lucas all over the back cleaning up.  Hendo was decent, seems not to have that vision for that last ball some times. But can't question the effort. He busted a gut today.

Quarter Pole of the season.  At worst joint 2nd, 6 pts over Scum, who looked sh*t again today. how could anyone not be happy? 

Next week, big test.  Arsenal were'nt too sharp today, they have to be concerned with the way we played today.  Let them worry about stopping us, take the game to them.  Win and go TOP

COYR!!!!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #327: Oct 26, 2013 05:47:32 pm
      Not seen any of the game but really looking forward to watching later,
      I must admit I was worried by Brendan's selection today and of the Baggies recent away record,

I was expecting a tight hard fought match with hopefully a narrow victory , but by all accounts we could have had  5 or 6,
      Some posters are suggesting this was our best performance this season and Gerrard. & Lucas were outstanding as well as wee Luis , guess I'll judge myself later for now tho I'll take the word of you guys who watched.  Except Ribapuru, he's just a Kunt ,

If so could we have turned a wee corner in that the players as a group are finally getting used to the new system , I hope this us so because that would be really scary for all around us,
      I can hear them now ,

Liverpool in the top 2 after  9 games and looking very very dangerous, top of the league clash next week, Mmmm, very tasty, can the gooners stop SaS, their gunna need a sh*t load of ammo,

I'll fetch ma coat. !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #328: Oct 26, 2013 05:49:24 pm
      Just a shame the shine was taken off the win with that shocking penalty decision. They didn't deserve a goal today, not in a month of Sundays!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #329: Oct 26, 2013 06:00:05 pm
      Just a shame the shine was taken off the win with that shocking penalty decision. They didn't deserve a goal today, not in a month of Sundays!

Linesman looked a complete idle idiot for giving that. Clearly was attention seeking or looking for something to give to West Brom.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #330: Oct 26, 2013 06:03:25 pm
      Had 4-1 I think in the prediction league, had it as my saver as a bet even though I thought it would be tight I've done us those scores all year :D

You'll go a long way to find a better performance than that this season. One of the best defenses in the league got totally and utterly destroyed by a player who is pushing for a player even higher than just top 3 in the world, yes I think he's that good.

Sturridge / Suarez is the best partnership I've seen for an awful long time in this league.

Lucas / Gerrard made us all look like idiots, that was the best central midfield performance I've seen from a pair this season too, they were both world class today, great to see Gerrard back with a performance like that.

Mig, great save near the end, had one flap that still puts that doubt in your mind and a penalty is not expected to be saved from my perspective.

Toure, saw him beaten for the first time this year, apart from that was comfortable all game, remains mr consistent.

Skrtel, also 1 mistake which he recovered from, other than that was our best defender out there (not the best attacker though :D )

Sakho, got caught a couple of times in possession and could have seen red if he didn't just get the ball on the half-way line, was a rush of blood he needs to cut out as it was also a place where it was no threat. Don't think he's been as impressive as some are saying and remains a slight concern to me. In time I do think he'll be exceptional, just think there's a big question mark when he goes to ground.

Cissokho, our worst player despite the cross for Suarez.

Henderson, played well but there's much more to come from that position, it could be argued he gives the balance though, I'd still disagree but could understand the point.

Johnson, good to have him back, was pretty good all game, frustrating as he tries too much, but he does give you that quality we've been sorely missing.

MotM has to be Suarez for the hat-trick but Lucas and Gerrard are not far behind him, honestly believe that was the best performance by anyone this season and we could have scored 8 or 9 against a strong defence.

That kind of display gives massive belief and makes a mockery of our thoughts at the start of this thread, well in Brendan!!

Gareth definitely gave the forecast although not in the  prediction thread.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #331: Oct 26, 2013 06:05:17 pm
      Superb!

Lucas was terrific, Gerrard was refreshingly bombing forward and Luis. Luis, Luis, Luis. Have maahhh bebbbieessss!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #332: Oct 26, 2013 06:06:39 pm
      Suarez was so unlucky not to get a 4th goal
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #333: Oct 26, 2013 06:11:16 pm
      Superb!

Lucas was terrific, Gerrard was refreshingly bombing forward and Luis. Luis, Luis, Luis. Have maahhh bebbbieessss!

Haha You want McKenzie to suck your balls and Luis to have some babies with you!!! Is there something we should know mate?  ;D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,590 posts | 7141 
      Reply #334: Oct 26, 2013 06:13:51 pm
      great result today and we are keeping up the 2 points a game average. really feel confident for the #arsenal game.didnt see the game but suarez sounds like he is really on a mission now
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #335: Oct 26, 2013 06:36:00 pm
      It has been a privelege to watch this game today. Really done my confidence up good for the season.
      Linesman had to had taken a bribe for that shocking decision for penalty.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #336: Oct 26, 2013 06:38:46 pm
      Billythered,  I was wrong about Rodgers getting it wrong and about Lucas today. I was kneejerk to say the least. However,  your constant swearing is disgusting abuse are inexcusable. I may have been incorrect but atleast I am man enough to admit my mistakes and don't have to resort to cheap name calling and swearing.  Anybody else supporting this bullying type behaviour should be ashamed of themselves. Jumping on the bandwagon is just angry mob  behaviour and doesn't represent LFC. Good job Liverpool. Didn't think I would say this at start of the season but lets go for the league.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #337: Oct 26, 2013 06:40:13 pm
      Haha You want McKenzie to suck your balls and Luis to have some babies with you!!! Is there something we should know mate?  ;D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

You don't want to know what goes on in my mind, mate.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #338: Oct 26, 2013 06:45:24 pm
      20 points after 9 games. That's a brilliant start.

Haven't seen the game yet but want to say good job Brendan and well done to the players.

Out of interest did we actually play well this time, or was it an average performance with a flattering scoreline?
      I agree,  I haven't always been fond of Brendans lineups,  I don't like 3 at the back and winning today doesn't change that. Rodgers proved me wrong today though.  As for the scoreline I would say it is fair.  West Brom probably deserved a consolation goal and we hit the post a couple of times so there isn't anything flattering about 4-1. 7-0 would have been flattering.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #339: Oct 26, 2013 06:49:14 pm
      Billythered,  I was wrong about Rodgers getting it wrong and about Lucas today. I was kneejerk to say the least. However,  your constant swearing is disgusting abuse are inexcusable. I may have been incorrect but atleast I am man enough to admit my mistakes and don't have to resort to cheap name calling and swearing.  Anybody else supporting this bullying type behaviour should be ashamed of themselves. Jumping on the bandwagon is just angry mob  behaviour and doesn't represent LFC. Good job Liverpool. Didn't think I would say this at start of the season but lets go for the league.

You say after this start that we can 'go for the league' yet a few hours back you were putting Rodger's head in the gallows? You're turning more times than Michael Barrymore.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #340: Oct 26, 2013 06:51:59 pm
      Quote Ripaburu : Anybody else supporting this bullying type behaviour should be ashamed of themselves.

It's not bullying it's what you get when things that should come from your mouth comes outta your ass.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #341: Oct 26, 2013 06:57:57 pm
      "You are ignoring this user."

I wish i could give the forum a +1 for allowing me to use this feature.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #342: Oct 26, 2013 07:01:03 pm
      You say after this start that we can 'go for the league' yet a few hours back you were putting Rodger's head in the gallows? You're turning more times than Michael Barrymore.
      it is amazing how a good result can change moral. It effects players and fans and we can take that to Arsenal next week.  Still not a fan of 3 at the back though.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #343: Oct 26, 2013 07:08:58 pm
      Very surprised how close the stats are in the highlights vid above. I thought we totally dominated W.B.A. today and expected the stats to reflect that.

Have a strong feeling that Anfield will soon become a fortress again.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #344: Oct 26, 2013 07:13:52 pm
      I was literally stunned today when Suarez scored with that header

Now let's have a bit of perspective, could Bale have scored those types of goals today?

F**k off Madrid! :lmao:

Quick Reply