Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Pre Match: Merseyside Derby: Everton v Liverpool, Sat 24th Nov. 12.45

Read 13114 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: The 221st Merseyside Derby: Everton v Liverpool, Sat 24th Nov. 12.45
      Reply #92: Nov 22, 2013 07:28:22 pm
      4 pages on the derby which sees us in 2nd and them what 6th? But theres 6 pages on the sacking of the academy management?

Shows the main concerns of a lot reds these days. What goes on off the field comes before whats happening on it for some

Expect this to be feistier then usual and tight. But also expect us to walk away with 3 points and a clean sheet. First ten for me is all about laying the marker down. Burst in to tackles. Attack from the off and but them on the backfoot. Show them no respect

It's madness. One of our biggest games of the season tomorrow and people are more concerned about what happens off the pitch rather than on it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,306 posts | 7313 
      Reply #93: Nov 22, 2013 07:32:12 pm
      Think the Academy sacking are very important but haven't you notice a general decline in matchday postings these days?
      I think if Everton try to play football against us that will suit us perfectly and we will win well.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,988 posts | 295 
      Reply #94: Nov 22, 2013 08:36:17 pm
      Thats the spirit Brendan!

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,307 posts | 2863 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #95: Nov 22, 2013 09:58:00 pm
      4 pages on the derby which sees us in 2nd and them what 6th? But theres 6 pages on the sacking of the academy management?

Shows the main concerns of a lot reds these days. What goes on off the field comes before whats happening on it for some

Expect this to be feistier then usual and tight. But also expect us to walk away with 3 points and a clean sheet. First ten for me is all about laying the marker down. Burst in to tackles. Attack from the off and but them on the backfoot. Show them no respect

To be fair there are 3 active derby treads running consecutively.

This one,
      Your Favourite Memories Against...Everton, and
      Your Liverpool/Everton Combined XI.

But I take your point. I don't think the pointless International break has helped at all.

As they say "no news, is good news." If we win I suspect the post match tread will be much shorter than if we were to lose.

The only new news we have had is the departure of Rodolfo Borrell & Frank McParland and I guess that is where the posts have gone.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #96: Nov 22, 2013 10:16:59 pm
      Starting to feel nervous. Big big game. Been winding up Bluenoses all week, especially those in work. I can't face Monday if we don't come away with a result. :D

No, in all seriousness, whether we like it or not, Everton are doing well this season and will be a massive challenge. Unbeaten and looking confident. But so are we. It's times like this where we have to think about ourselves than the opposition. Some fans concentrate too much on who they are playing. The players can't do it. Go out and get a result!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,307 posts | 2863 
      Reply #97: Nov 22, 2013 10:22:40 pm
      Starting to feel nervous. Big big game. Been winding up Bluenoses all week, especially those in work. I can't face Monday if we don't come away with a result. :D

No, in all seriousness, whether we like it or not, Everton are doing well this season and will be a massive challenge. Unbeaten and looking confident. But so are we. It's times like this where we have to think about ourselves than the opposition. Some fans concentrate too much on who they are playing. The players can't do it. Go out and get a result!

True, but to be fair, so are we, and we are doing better than them.

Fingers crossed.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #98: Nov 22, 2013 10:27:45 pm
      True, but to be fair, so are we, and we are doing better than them.

Fingers crossed.

This is it mate. Which leads on to my point. It's time that we have confidence in our own ability and just get on with what we do best.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #99: Nov 22, 2013 10:30:56 pm
      My dad's 60th tomorrow, festivities kick off at 1300.  First game I've not been able to watch live this season.  I'll be downing bitters as Liverpool dispatch the Bitters.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #100: Nov 22, 2013 11:41:40 pm
      I personally would like to see sakho play, his physical and in your face kind of play is much needed.  wouldnt mind kolo either as he handles physically play very well.  However, the defense line is a real puzzle.. not sure how BR would do it.  imo if he goes 4 back, please play kolo or sakho on the side before flanagan.  I rate the kid but he imo is too polite for this game

i can see BR starting lucas, gerrard, henderson and subbing gerrard off for allen

coutinho, suarez and hopefully a fit sturridge will play up front
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #101: Nov 23, 2013 12:16:00 am
      Over the last few weeks all the attention has been focused on which players Brenden would pick in midfield. Now the focus is on which players Brendan will play at the back. Does he trust Skrtel and Agger enough to cope with the (not inconsiderable) threat from Lukaku or does he bring in Toure and/or Sakho for their physical prowess.

I think Skrtel and Agger have been dealing with big physical forwards for long enough now not to need the "protection" of a minder, but they may need some help at set pieces.

My amended team for the loss of Enrique would be a back four of :- Johnson,  Skrtel,  Agger , Sakho.

I think this will give us the double benefit of allowing Johnson to play in his best position at left back, while giving the defence the added power and heading ability of Sakho for set pieces etc. (also helps to keep Cissokho out of the team :) )

If Sturridge isn't fit enough to start I would give Moses a start. Play him on the wing infront of Sakho  to give Sakho some support and hopefully creating chances for Suarez to put away.

Sticking with my 2-0 prediction even with my reshuffle. (Which shows just how far we have come)   

lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #102: Nov 23, 2013 12:21:25 am

I think this will give us the double benefit of allowing Johnson to play in his best position at left back, while giving the defence the added power and heading ability of Sakho for set pieces etc. (also helps to keep Cissokho out of the team :)

Had a few too many tonight eh mate ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #103: Nov 23, 2013 12:40:56 am
      Had a few too many tonight eh mate ;)

I sadly don't drink anymore mate, so I can't use that as an excuse,apparently I do make the occasional mistakes as my obvious lack of spatial awareness has shown :( 

My cunning plan is still a good one if you can ignore the Baldrick mistake.

Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #104: Nov 23, 2013 12:42:12 am
      Fear for us against anyone if Sakho plays LB if I'm being honest.
      little-Luis:)
      • Started Topic

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #105: Nov 23, 2013 01:10:28 am
      Bumped into my cousin in town earlier by chance. He's a blue. He wasen't confident at all. Reckons they are playing well but can't win games.

Can't wait til he gives me a lift on Sunday evening and I rub our win in the whole journey :)
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #106: Nov 23, 2013 01:33:03 am
      I sadly don't drink anymore mate, so I can't use that as an excuse,apparently I do make the occasional mistakes as my obvious lack of spatial awareness has shown :( 

My cunning plan is still a good one if you can ignore the Baldrick mistake.

I'm just fussy :). That's not as bad as me spending months on LFCreds spelling Pepe Reina incorrectly.

Lets knock these cu*ts for 6.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #107: Nov 23, 2013 02:06:40 am
      I don't know of I wanna go to bed. I might not get up in time and miss it. What to do?

Wait a minute, the missus just yelled from the bedroom that if I'll come now she'll wake me up in time.

Gotta go, lads!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #108: Nov 23, 2013 02:27:02 am
      I don't know of I wanna go to bed. I might not get up in time and miss it. What to do?

Wait a minute, the missus just yelled from the bedroom that if I'll come now she'll wake me up in time.

Gotta go, lads!

seems like you are a fellow canuck!  wake me up when you wake up! :D

GO REDS!
      RedWilly

• 9,235 posts | 1655 
      Reply #109: Nov 23, 2013 02:57:48 am
      Felt for the last few seasons that if they try outmuscle us and get physical then we can match them, if they try outplay us and out pass us then we can also do it better. Same goes this year, fancy us to win and fairly easily at that, 2-0.

Winning could set us up nicely and have the added bonus of bursting their bubble.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,253 posts | 482 
      Reply #110: Nov 23, 2013 04:38:39 am
      I've got the feeling that SAS is going to all evil on them and absolutely rip them to shreds. 
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,307 posts | 2863 
      Reply #111: Nov 23, 2013 06:11:36 am
      Carpe diem
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,239 posts | 176 
      Reply #112: Nov 23, 2013 06:30:09 am
                    Mignolet
      Flanno    Agger     Sakho     Johnson
                  Lucas    Gerrard
                       Suarez
      Hendo        Sturridge         Coutinho

Sakho and Agger will have Lukaku in their pocket :P :scarf:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #113: Nov 23, 2013 07:31:42 am
       While it is nice to play good football and win in all honesty I could not give a sh*t how we beat the basta*ds as long as we bring the 3 points back to Anfield.I would also like to see Agger play if he is fit. :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #114: Nov 23, 2013 07:51:17 am
      I could not give a sh*t how we beat the basta*ds as long as we bring the 3 points back to Anfield

Forget line-ups, who scores etc etc this is the nail and head!

Quick Reply