Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Your Liverpool/Everton Combined XI

Read 8141 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,657 posts | 3890 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Your Liverpool/Everton Combined XI
      Reply #23: Nov 21, 2013 01:34:59 pm
      I'd start Baines and have Lukaku on the bench.
      The rest can F**k off, Barry included.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #24: Nov 21, 2013 01:53:20 pm
      Just had a thought, what colours would they play in, the mind boggles!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #25: Nov 21, 2013 02:14:07 pm
      Pick some of the blue sh*te  over our own lads?

A few days before the Derby?

No thanks.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #26: Nov 21, 2013 02:14:09 pm

Well, see, this is part of the problem running through the supporters group in the last few years, they care more about "liking" players than about winning.  If you look at it objectively, Sturridge is a cracking player, but Lukaku is world class.  If Suarez and Sturridge is one of the best duos in England, Suarez and Lukaku would be one of the best in Europe.  Hands down. 

But, you "like" Sturridge more, and couldn't give two shits about the CLUB succeeding, so, yea....

In any event, it's by no means suggesting Sturridge isn't a top player, I'd take him above almost every other striker in the league except maybe van Persie, Dzeko, Aguero etc.  But Lukaku has the ability to be one of the top players in the WORLD.  He really is that good.   And in the end I "like" our club more than I "like" any one player.

You apparently support Sturridge Football Club.  That's fine, there is another group, Lucas Football Club, there's also Borini Football Club, there was a Carroll Football Club etc. 

I prefer to support the success of the team over the success of any individual player.

But, to each his own...

Anyway we're never going to get Lukaku but it's fun to think about.   ;D

Surely the bits in bold are a contradiction of terms are they not?

You either are world class or you have the ability to be. Suarez doesn't have the ability "to be" world class because he already is. As are Mignolet, Jones, Johnson, Kelly, Flanagan, Toure, Agger, Sakho, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique, Cissokho, Ilori, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Henderson, Alberto, Coutinho, Sterling, Ibe, Moses, Sturridge and Aspas.

So which one is Lukaku. Is he already world class or does he simply have the ability/potential "to be" world class?

Either way, I wouldn't take any of those bitter cu*ts into our team.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #27: Nov 21, 2013 02:17:04 pm
      Pick some of the blue sh*te  over our own lads?

A few days before the Derby?

No thanks.
      WTF is going on here. the very thought of coveting a player from the blueshite is mind boggling. If This is the modern era you can keep it.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #28: Nov 21, 2013 03:53:26 pm
      That was a waste of one minute of my life playing along, the thread soon went to sh*t.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29: Nov 21, 2013 03:57:30 pm
      We should have a poll. 

If Chelsea tomorow offered us a straight swap with Sturridge for Lukaku, would you keep Sturridge or take Lukaku?

Think it's a very close call that, I could easily see a case made for either.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #30: Nov 21, 2013 03:59:29 pm
                  Mignolet
      Johnson   Agger    Sakho    Baines
                   Lucas     Gerrard
                      Coutinho
      Suarez       Lukaku              Sturridge

so simple
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,974 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Nov 21, 2013 04:35:54 pm
      What a pile of f***in sh*te this is, comparing blueshite players with ours, get f***in real people, what's next swapping with f***in mancs

FFS, Shanks would turn in his grave, this thread is akin to something you would see in a Villa forum or some other mediocre club,

I know today's fans have a different psyche but Jesus, we've come a hell of a long way since this.....

'IF EVERTON WERE PLAYING AT THE BOTTOM OF MY GARDEN, I'D PULL THE CURTAINS'

Some posters on here need to pull their heads out of their arses !!

YNWA
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #32: Nov 21, 2013 05:02:11 pm
      WTF is going on here. the very thought of coveting a player from the blueshite is mind boggling. If This is the modern era you can keep it.

Yeah, because we've never bought an Everton player before
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33: Nov 21, 2013 05:39:06 pm
      Can't be arsed to quote the post that inspired this reply, but supporting players as individuals is not mutually exclusive to supporting the club to the full as well, unless you have limited mental capabilty perhaps.  In fact, you can even like players of other clubs and should not be accused of supporting Player X FC.  You could also just think he is the just person for the job at the club and yet this imbecile, just because he has a different opinion, accuses you of not supporting the club!  What a shithouse way to think.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #34: Nov 21, 2013 07:02:47 pm
      Can't be arsed to quote the post that inspired this reply, but supporting players as individuals is not mutually exclusive to supporting the club to the full as well, unless you have limited mental capabilty perhaps.  In fact, you can even like players of other clubs and should not be accused of supporting Player X FC.  You could also just think he is the just person for the job at the club and yet this imbecile, just because he has a different opinion, accuses you of not supporting the club!  What a shithouse way to think.
      no a shithouse is someone who hasn't the guts to say what they think and sits on the fence.The derby to local people used to be a very important event and it could  deeply affect their lives for the next 5 or 6 months. considering the opposition players to be worthy of a place in our team is just not right especially just before the game.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #35: Nov 21, 2013 07:03:09 pm
      What a pile of f***in sh*te this is, comparing blueshite players with ours, get f***in real people, what's next swapping with f***in mancs

FFS, Shanks would turn in his grave, this thread is akin to something you would see in a Villa forum or some other mediocre club,

I know today's fans have a different psyche but Jesus, we've come a hell of a long way since this.....

'IF EVERTON WERE PLAYING AT THE BOTTOM OF MY GARDEN, I'D PULL THE CURTAINS'

Some posters on here need to pull their heads out of their arses !!

YNWA

Calm down. Do you really think Shankly's quote was anything more than tongue-in-cheek? The man knew a good player when he saw it and he would have admired a few from our competitors, Everton included.
      It doesn't make anyone less of a fan playing along with this, if Everton have NO good players then they must be incredibly lucky to be so close to us in the table, now and for the last couple of seasons. It's simply realism.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #36: Nov 21, 2013 07:06:10 pm
      I think Shankly believed every word he said its why people believed in him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Nov 21, 2013 07:13:47 pm
      I immediately regret my decision clicking on this thread.

Academy team > Everton first XI. Sorted.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,974 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Nov 21, 2013 07:25:37 pm
      Calm down. Do you really think Shankly's quote was anything more than tongue-in-cheek? The man knew a good player when he saw it and he would have admired a few from our competitors, Everton included.
      It doesn't make anyone less of a fan playing along with this, if Everton have NO good players then they must be incredibly lucky to be so close to us in the table, now and for the last couple of seasons. It's simply realism.

That might be true but he would never admit it, not to his players and most definitely not to those who idolised him,
       I'm not sure where your from mate but the derby to most is the biggest game we play in any season, I believe he meant every word he said and like those fans of the past, and I mean proper die hard scouse believed in him, it's such a shame the plastic variety of fans of today have no idea what it really means to get one over on THE enemy, hence f***in stupid threads such as this,

WE ARE LIVERPOOL , we are different to most that's why we stand out from anyone else,
      I'm a wool mate, a Glaswegian wool, but I know exactly what it means to those die hard fans because it's in their blood in their DNA,

We all recognise that  'Blueshite' have some good players but to have a thread comparing our with theirs is total f***in bollocks IMO,

That's its it for me I'm out, and drawing my curtains

YNWA
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #39: Nov 21, 2013 07:32:36 pm
      no a shithouse is someone who hasn't the guts to say what they think and sits on the fence.The derby to local people used to be a very important event and it could  deeply affect their lives for the next 5 or 6 months. considering the opposition players to be worthy of a place in our team is just not right especially just before the game.

Maybe you should have looked for the post I couldn't be arsed to quote, as it was bashing Liverpool fans for supporting Liverpool players.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #40: Nov 21, 2013 07:39:23 pm
      Maybe you should have looked for the post I couldn't be arsed to quote, as it was bashing Liverpool fans for supporting Liverpool players.
      Its a general comment on what it appears is a softening of the meaning of being a ~Liverpool supporter not aimed at you.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #41: Nov 21, 2013 08:07:22 pm
      Good to see Federer maintaining his usual level of WUMery. Why people still reply to his obvious bating is beyond me.

As for the OP, Its really only Baines that would walk onto our team. Coleman edges it over Enrique, Barkley looks a real prospect, and will probably be snapped up by Arsenal some day.
      The Dark Knight
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 45 posts | 11 
      Reply #42: Nov 21, 2013 08:43:45 pm
      Jesus Christ, some of the replies to this are comedy gold!

It's a forum. A forum is a place where people discuss football. A Merseyside derby is coming up so I thought it would be interesting to discuss something like this. If you've got nothing to contribute to the discussion, then don't say anything. Keep it shut and draw your curtains.

Honestly forums amaze me sometimes. As if people on the Internet try to lecture people on what they can and can't discuss. Idiots.

And for what it's worth, I'm from Liverpool and don't like the bitters one bit. So work that one out.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #43: Nov 21, 2013 08:57:08 pm
      Jesus Christ, some of the replies to this are comedy gold!

It's a forum. A forum is a place where people discuss football. A Merseyside derby is coming up so I thought it would be interesting to discuss something like this. If you've got nothing to contribute to the discussion, then don't say anything. Keep it shut and draw your curtains.

Honestly forums amaze me sometimes. As if people on the Internet try to lecture people on what they can and can't discuss. Idiots.

And for what it's worth, I'm from Liverpool and don't like the bitters one bit. So work that one out.

Nothing wrong with the post at all, it promotes discussion, surely what a forum is all about.

The hilarious premise that all our players are world class and that we shouldn't covet players from other teams is beyond naive considering what we watch every week. We buy players, it's called a transfer, to do that you must believe that they're better than what you have.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: Nov 21, 2013 09:52:21 pm
      We should have a poll. 

If Chelsea tomorow offered us a straight swap with Sturridge for Lukaku, would you keep Sturridge or take Lukaku?

Why? Actually, no not why because it's not something even worth discussing, bloody pointless. Love how of all the things to talk about you come up with this master stroke!

Combined LFC/EFC......wouldn't contain any EFC players that's for sure ;)

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #45: Nov 22, 2013 10:08:13 am
      Combined LFC/EFC......wouldn't contain any EFC players that's for sure ;)

Liverpool and Liverpool reserves. :lmao:

Quick Reply