Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Simon Mignolet
      5 (6%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      7 (8.4%)
      Martin Skrtel
      27 (32.5%)
      John Flanagan
      8 (9.6%)
      Steven Gerrard
      18 (21.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (3.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      3 (3.6%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      2 (2.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      7 (8.4%)
      Luis Alberto
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: Dec 04, 2013 04:02:04 pm

Hull City Tigers 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 40158 times
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Re: Hull City Tigers 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #529: Dec 01, 2013 04:38:45 pm
      When is Rogers going to realise that Henderson just isn't good enough. Lucas appears to have gone back to his form of two years ago, all he can do is foul the opposition. Gerrard must despair when he sees the dross that is playing alongside him.

Johnson needs a good boot up the backside, but why Rogers dropped Agger for Toure I'll never understand.

Moses and Sterling are just not up to the standard (could be because they aren't playing regularly)

No problems with Flanagan. Today it looked as though the players thought they just had to turn up.

Time for changes.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #530: Dec 01, 2013 04:40:04 pm
      I could not have asked more from the players will not work this time Brendan.These are your players your squad and your tactics
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #531: Dec 01, 2013 04:40:15 pm
      Unlucky that we let him spend £100 million on dross? 

To be fair if Kenny had bought Sturridge and Coutinho instead of Carroll and Adam he would probably still be our manager mate.... I can't argue that Kenny's signings weren't poor (apart from Suarez, Enrique, Henderson(?)) but Brendan has bought a lot of players ..... how many are first team regulars .... 3?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #532: Dec 01, 2013 04:40:26 pm
      It means I stand by my comments but can't be bothered to argue with you.

I'm not getting involved or replying again

You grab your pitch fork and enjoy

Nah no fork at all, just saying it how it is.

If you can't lay criticism where it's due without being told to "give your head a wobble" then it's not discussion people want.

£100m+ spent on players, but don't criticise him for the performance of the players, it's their fault. In my opinion that's wrong today when he's got Allen, Coutinho (to a lesser extent) and Alberto on the bench while Henderson performs like he did in midfield.

Gerrard clearly having the most influence, yet he's left defending the back four until we're losing.

Laying the blame only on the players for that display today is wrong.

So you can throw words like "pitch fork", "agenda" around as much as you like, I'm just trying to be honest, however you read that is up to you.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #533: Dec 01, 2013 04:41:09 pm
      I could not have asked more from the players will not work this time Brendan.These are your players your squad and your tactics

I want to say this again. He could have cut loss at half time by taking off Victor Moses, but he didn't. As much as I hate the red nose, he would have given the players a lashing at half time, picked out potential areas of weaknesses and made the changes accordingly. I didn't see Brendan cutting losses early enough.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #534: Dec 01, 2013 04:41:42 pm
      Well, I'm going to go a make a slap up dinner to take my mind of things.  Chicken, stuffing, spuds, gravy .... hmmmmmmmm (for picture, see Homer will drool spilling down his chin)...

Wash it all down with a nice glass of red, helps no end to take ones mind off things.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #535: Dec 01, 2013 04:42:00 pm
      ye
      Hahahaha, writing us off in December, then? Fits nicely in the "super fan" character you like to portray yourself to be - now go on, mention Bob Paisley, Bill Shankly, tell us how old you are... great support that.
      yes I know you like to cut and paste pages if diatribe but my education came from Bill Shankly Bob Paisley etc and playing in the business house league (I doubt you have heard of that).I know what a Liverpool team should look like and this is as far from it as you could possibly get.never ever mention Bill Shankly in such a stupid way muppet
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #536: Dec 01, 2013 04:44:11 pm
      yes I know you like to cut and paste pages if diatribe but my education came from Bill Shankly Bob Paisley etc and playing in the business house league (I doubt you have heard of that).I know what a Liverpool team should look like and this is as far from it as you could possibly get.never ever mention Bill Shankly in such a stupid way muppet

:lmao: Thanks for that, you never disappoint. You only forgot to tell me your age!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #537: Dec 01, 2013 04:46:57 pm
      :lmao: Thanks for that, you never disappoint. You only forgot to tell me your age!
      I take it you have been a regular to this city these past 50 years or so,,,thought not just your average read about life rather than experience it type of guy.
      Keep on reading whilst the rest of us smell it and taste it.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #538: Dec 01, 2013 04:49:34 pm
      open your eyes he would not pass to Sterling or Moses it was a waste of time

Yeah I'll open my eyes

Let's praise someone for going out ( in your opinion) with a sh*t attitude that he wasn't willing to pass to his teammates, thought they were sh*t and decided to try to do it all himself.. Whilst being sh*t himself.

Cracker.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #539: Dec 01, 2013 04:51:25 pm
      Yeah I'll open my eyes

Let's praise someone for going out ( in your opinion) with a sh*t attitude that he wasn't willing to pass to his teammates, thought they were sh*t and decided to try to do it all himself.. Whilst being sh*t himself.

Cracker.

don't talk bollocks.He tried his best but he knows a players better than anyone but he is not super human.Having Moses and Sterling alongside a player of world status is a joke
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #540: Dec 01, 2013 04:54:18 pm
      don't talk bollocks.He tried his best but he knows a players better than anyone but he is not super human.Having Moses and Sterling alongside a player of world status is a joke

You were the one who said he wouldn't pass to his teammates Walt

If you think that's a good attitude then I'm not with you.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #541: Dec 01, 2013 04:54:43 pm
      I take it you have been a regular to this city these past 50 years or so,,,thought not just your average read about life rather than experience it type of guy.
      Keep on reading whilst the rest of us smell it and taste it.

Please, go on with your psychological analysis. :D If I can offer some analysis back to you, I would suggest that you feel intimidated in a debate with a Brazilian who writes in better English than you, that's why you always resort to the same old tactics of "I'm a local", "I'm older than you", "I was alive a million years ago" instead of arguing with some logic and consistency. But I'm no psychology expert like you, so maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, I'm off to have dinner. Thanks again walton.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #542: Dec 01, 2013 04:58:00 pm
      Although not watched the match yet, seems like defence was all over the place again. Not surprising since BR keeps chopping and changing his central defence every game!!!!!!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #543: Dec 01, 2013 04:59:25 pm
      You were the one who said he wouldn't pass to his teammates Walt

If you think that's a good attitude then I'm not with you.

So you think Sterling and Moses are at the same level as Luis. No I know you don't but he is human and he knew before a ball was kicked he didnt have a chance today. Luis did all he could he would never give less
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,247 posts | 1226 
      Reply #544: Dec 01, 2013 04:59:28 pm
      Ugghhhhhhh
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #545: Dec 01, 2013 05:00:26 pm
      Please, go on with your psychological analysis. :D If I can offer some analysis back to you, I would suggest that you feel intimidated in a debate with a Brazilian who writes in better English than you, that's why you always resort to the same old tactics of "I'm a local", "I'm older than you", "I was alive a million years ago" instead of arguing with some logic and consistency. But I'm no psychology expert like you, so maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, I'm off to have dinner. Thanks again walton.
      yes I was right ~w**ker
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #546: Dec 01, 2013 05:03:07 pm
      So you think Sterling and Moses are at the same level as Luis. No I know you don't but he is human and he knew before a ball was kicked he didnt have a chance today. Luis did all he could he would never give less

Look your saying it

I'm saying and stand by the fact that that's not a good attitude.

He was sh*t today like all the others.. But to go out and think these lot are sh*te we have no chance is a bollocks of an attitude.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #547: Dec 01, 2013 05:06:12 pm
      Look your saying it

I'm saying and stand by the fact that that's not a good attitude.

He was sh*t today like all the others.. But to go out and think these lot are sh*te we have no chance is a bollocks of an attitude.

these players see each other every day at Melwood.I don't know what has happened to Sterling he has gone backwards and Moses is dire.
      If you have to go into battle with people you know should not be in the trenches with you the its hardly surprising you don't perform at the very top level .I do not blame Luis
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #548: Dec 01, 2013 05:09:08 pm
      these players see each other every day at Melwood.I don't know what has happened to Sterling he has gone backwards and Moses is dire.
      If you have to go into battle with people you know should not be in the trenches with you the its hardly surprising you don't perform at the very top level .I do not blame Luis

Difference between not blaming him and defending him for having a sh*te attitude

You think these Hull players look at each other and think F**k me we are all world class, we will win this game on pure talent.
      Or do you think they worked as a team? No I think they worked together and hard and with no individuals thinking the rest are sh*te
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #549: Dec 01, 2013 05:12:34 pm
      The reason we lost was because of our midfield. 60% possession and we didn't create one chance, not one good chance. Our midfield lacked creativity and they lacked support for the defence.

Our midfield was just dreadful, except Gerrard.

Lucas - I love the guy but he's just not playing well. Every pass he makes is backwards, I watched him carefully and he doesn't control games anywhere like he used to. All he did was pass to the centre backs.

Gerrard was our best midfielder, he was the only one who looked to create something. He got a very nice goal too.

Henderson was non existent. Don't remember him in the game. Not even once.

Moses was just dreadful. He was a big reason why we conceded the first goal, trying to be too clever, he was too lazy to run back and he missed a huge chance, which lead to Hull scoring on the counter.

Sterling, he wasn't as bad as Moses but he was very sloppy, with his final ball being awful.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #550: Dec 01, 2013 05:18:56 pm
      Difference between not blaming him and defending him for having a sh*te attitude

You think these Hull players look at each other and think f**k me we are all world class, we will win this game on pure talent.
      Or do you think they worked as a team? No I think they worked together and hard and with no individuals thinking the rest are sh*te
      I do not expect LFC to put out teams with workman like players and I think Luis probably thinks the same.This was probably one of the worst if not the worst teams ever sent out by LFC
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #551: Dec 01, 2013 05:26:17 pm
      OH MY f***in GOD,

A real bad day at the office and to read some of the posts In here saddens me more than today's result,

I hope that some if not all the reaction is of sheer frustration and disappointment,

I have Not seen the game only listened thru talkshite, that was bad enough,

Probably our worst performance this season but we have been there before, we WILL. Bounce back,

Some of you need to f***in chill out, calm down and come back on tomorrow once the dust has settled,

If I were a neutral and came on this site all I see is immature comments , vitriol, and sheer and utter bullshit,
      from supposedly the most knowledgable fans in British football, yeah well not from today's postings we're not,

I'm out of here, have a good debate people, somehow I doubt some of you are capable right now,

Goodnight !

YNWA

Quick Reply