Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pre Match: Liverpool v Norwich - Wed 4th Dec at 7:45

Read 9312 times
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts | 29 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Norwich - Wed 4th Dec at 7:45
      Reply #46: Dec 03, 2013 08:07:29 pm
      Only one clean sheet (Fulham) in our last 11 matches is the stat that worries me most.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #47: Dec 03, 2013 08:11:00 pm
      Just F***ing win.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #48: Dec 03, 2013 08:12:52 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me if they park their Big Yellow Taxi tomorrow night and try n screw us for a point..
      We need to shoot on goal more and stop relying on our free kick experts to hit them from distance..
      The amount of times Johnson cuts in from the right and runs across the edge of the 18yd line then either loses it or squares it does my head in..He scored a beauty last season at West Ham when he just looked up and hit it..Bang! top corner !
      Coutinho seems to be the only one along with Suarez who tries to get themselves into a shooting position when they're attacking..
      we seem to have this ping pong passing attitude on the edge of the D looking to walk the ball into the net..and if that Yellow Taxi is in the way it could be a head wrecker of a game..
      Early couple of goals please, then smash the Hull game out of our minds..
      Time to start Alberto alongside Coutinho with Suarez up top..not arse'd who's in defence cos its should be all out
      ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK !!....DON'T F**K THIS ONE UP BOYS !!!
       :scarf:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #49: Dec 03, 2013 09:08:01 pm
      Must put the last game behind us now, and take the game against Norwich by the scruff of the neck, no messing about, by passing backwards and sideways, attack the Canaries from start to finish ending up with morale boosting win.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #50: Dec 03, 2013 09:59:01 pm
      We need to get back to winning ways and who better than Norwich for Suarez to take out his frustration on.

Mignolet

Johnson           Toure           Sakho          Flanagan

Gerrard        Lucas     Allen

Henderson                                  Coutinho

Suarez

Keeping faith with a few players (others there are really no alternatives for) and hoping for a good response.

That would be my team as well mate although I would be just as happy with Skrtel keeping his place because despite the two deflections which were unlucky I thought he had a good game and he hash reformed consistently since he came back into the side. Makes sense to bring Allen back in the side and Coutinho has to start this one. We were poor on Sunday but that's football sometimes and a comfortable win at Anfield will lift the gloom plus it's great that this one comes right n the back of the defeat.

I'm going for a 3-1 win with goals for Suarez 2 and Gerrard
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #51: Dec 03, 2013 10:15:37 pm
      That would be my team as well mate although I would be just as happy with Skrtel keeping his place because despite the two deflections which were unlucky I thought he had a good game and he hash reformed consistently since he came back into the side. Makes sense to bring Allen back in the side and Coutinho has to start this one. We were poor on Sunday but that's football sometimes and a comfortable win at Anfield will lift the gloom plus it's great that this one comes right n the back of the defeat.

I'm going for a 3-1 win with goals for Suarez 2 and Gerrard

I agree it's harsh on Skrtel, but I think there might be better communication between Toure and Sakho.... bit too much communication if you believe the papers :) Would be an interesting contest though and no mistake... think I would go for the youth and strength of Sakho if it came down to it.

MsGerrard
      Reply #52: Dec 03, 2013 10:32:11 pm
      Going to the match tomorrow, obviously I hope we batter them, but tbh I just want to see some proper commitment and those players who wear the red shirt tomorrow do so with some passion and will to win, not pussy footing about the pitch, not to much to ask is it surely??

It's all about the midfield for me, if we dont get control of it, we dont win, they are the link from defence to attack, some players, and I'm sure you dont need me to tell you who, really need to step up to the challenge, Suarez NEEDS support, the lad can't do it on his own

My only hope is he LOVES scoring goals against the Canaries, I'm going for a 2-0 win, but after the fiasco at Hull at the weekend, I'll take a last minute 1-0 all day long.

Come on Redmen, this game tomorrow and against the Hammers on Saturday where we should get 6 points will put us smack bang in the mix again.....keep the faith boys.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #53: Dec 03, 2013 10:34:31 pm
      No way Toure should be playing he is if anything worse than Skrtel in the calamity stakes, if we are looking at calm intelligent play from the back then it has to be Agger with Sakho.
      Will probably be completely opposite with Brendan  :'(

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #54: Dec 03, 2013 10:35:22 pm
      No way Toure should be playing he is if anything worse than Skrtel in the calamity stakes, if we are looking at calm intelligent play from the back then it has to be Agger with Sakho.
      Will probably be completely opposite with Brendan  :'(

If you believe in the bib theory it will be Agger and Skrtel
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #55: Dec 03, 2013 10:37:50 pm
      Nope don't believe it but at least would be good to have Agger back. Has Sakho shagged Brendan's mrs or something?
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #56: Dec 03, 2013 10:46:39 pm
      i hope its not agger and skrtel.  good players but for some reason, when they play together and against a strong forward, they always lose.  i think BR should give sakho a run.  i have been impressed with the lad when he makes it on the field
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #57: Dec 03, 2013 10:47:15 pm
      3 points is all I want.

Ok not really, I want a dominant display to make up for that sh*t that we had to endure last week.

I want us to win 7 F***ing nil and I want us to score inside the first F***ing 12 seconds.

Now go out there and do that lads. We should be smashing this lot, no F***ing excuses!!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #58: Dec 03, 2013 10:53:12 pm

Bib theory.... Stirling, Agger and Skrtel to start?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #59: Dec 03, 2013 10:55:23 pm
      All season we have been seeing photos of our lads smiling in training, the lads look pretty serious in this one.  :roll:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #60: Dec 03, 2013 11:00:12 pm

Sakho is asking Toure does he think he is being left out because he shagged Brendan's Mrs.

Toure is saying I did too, but I still get picked.... I just think it's 'cos your crap.

PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #61: Dec 03, 2013 11:48:47 pm
      BR has said Aspas wont take any part due to only just coming back from injury, strange why he put him on the bench on sunday then?

Would like to see Alberto starting actually, has showed some small glimpses of great vision/creativity, might get a better look at that with him starting.

Mignolet
              Johnson   Skrtel    Agger   Flanagan
                                Lucas
                        Henderson   Gerrard
                    Alberto              Coutinho
                              Suarez

Jones; Sakho, Toure; Allen; Sterling, Moses

Thats 6 subs, would like to see him bring in one of the young lads in on the bench, maybe Rossiter, Teixeira, Sinclair, Wilson?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #62: Dec 04, 2013 12:39:04 am
      3 points in the bag for this one, can't see a repeat of Hull taking place.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #63: Dec 04, 2013 01:52:48 am
      BR has said Aspas wont take any part due to only just coming back from injury, strange why he put him on the bench on sunday then?

Would like to see Alberto starting actually, has showed some small glimpses of great vision/creativity, might get a better look at that with him starting.

Mignolet
              Johnson   Skrtel    Agger   Flanagan
                                Lucas
                        Henderson   Gerrard
                    Alberto              Coutinho
                              Suarez

Jones; Sakho, Toure; Allen; Sterling, Moses

Thats 6 subs, would like to see him bring in one of the young lads in on the bench, maybe Rossiter, Teixeira, Sinclair, Wilson?

The best choice would be Teixeira, Wilson really isn't ready yet for first team football.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #64: Dec 04, 2013 02:34:11 am
      IMO, if play Coutinho, put him central with SG and Allen who I expect he to get a chance (start him please BR) next to him that's to get most effective from the lad. Alberto as I heard hes very familiar playing on the left so I hope to see him start this game there.

Mignolet

Flanno     Skrtel         Sakho     Johnson

Gerrard     Allen

Henderson   Coutinho   Alberto

Suarez

Subs :  Jones, Agger, Toure, Lucas, Sterling, Aspas, Teixeira

And, anyone know what happen to Martin Kelly ? 

Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #65: Dec 04, 2013 02:47:08 am
      If you believe in the bib theory it will be Agger and Skrtel

Sure as hell hope the bib theory a crock. If I'm gonna see those two again pairing at CB I'm gonna have a heart attack.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #66: Dec 04, 2013 06:20:25 am
      I know he's not the type but I'd have properly roasted those from Sunday,
      Rather than the hair dryer mine would be a f***in blow torch
      Now, since we have a threadbare squad with limited quality against a Norwich side at home I'd try out a different approach,

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtle, Sakho,Flanaghan, back 4,

Gerrard , Lucas, Allen, mid 3,

Suarez, Coutinho, Alberto, top 3,

With a severe bollocking still ringing their ears Sundays outcasts need to step up , the others must use this opportunity to really show why LFC. Spent millions on them, and in front of those who help pay their inflated wages,
      Nothing short of a commanding up and at them attitude, we simply have to put Norwich thru the f***in ringer and batter them senseless,

We must win our next two games, and hopefully take points from the next 3, especially from Yids,

we SHOULD batter the webbed footers tonight , 3-0 would suffice,
      C'MON  REDMEN !!

YNWA

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #67: Dec 04, 2013 07:50:35 am
      3 points in the bag for this one, can't see a repeat of Hull taking place.
      If we don't take 3 points from Norwich we will be in the sh*t,and I do not think a Hull repeat will be acceptable to anyone.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #68: Dec 04, 2013 08:20:43 am
      Everyone that played in the last game should give themselve a big tight slap except a few for such a poor and embarassing performance, no heart, no urgency, clueless and got bullied all over the pitch.

Not sure whether BR tactics is working so far, we seems to be playing too many safe passes whether we're ahead or behind and this is torturing to watch. I don't buy the excuse Sturridge out and we suffer, the rest should stand up and be counted to score, no they continue to rely on Suarez to do so and we're fast becoming a 2 man scoring team, that is Suarez and Sturridge and I'm still waiting for Henderson, Lucas and Moses to score a goal, if they have not already. With the quality of shooting seen on them so far looks like we're gonna have to continue to wait.

Quick Reply