Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Andrew Robertson - Dundee United

Read 4055 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Andrew Robertson - Dundee United
      Dec 18, 2013 11:04:32 am
      Liverpool clubs in move for Dundee United’s Robertson

Merseyside’s big two could be set for a January battle to land Dundee United full-back Andrew Robertson.

The 19-year-old, currently Scotland’s Player of the Month, is being tracked by both Everton and Liverpool.

Reports from down south today suggest the light blues will move for him in January.

However, the Tele understands they could face strong competition from the red half of their city.

Scouts from Anfield have been watching the former Queen’s Park kid for around three months now and the reports being sent back to manager Brendan Rodgers have been favourable.

With his only recognised first-team left-back Jose Enrique out until February after knee surgery, he’s in the market for cover in that area.

Liverpool’s own home-grown young talent Joe Flanagan has been filling in there and starred with a goal against Spurs on Sunday.

The 20-year-old, though, is regarded as more of a right-sided player and Rodgers wants to add more depth on the other side of his defence.

It has to be stressed the biggest problem to either of the English giants with a bid to land Robertson will be United’s determination to hang on to their rising stars.

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/liverpool-clubs-in-move-for-dundee-united-s-robertson-1.166649
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Andrew Robertson - Dundee United
      Reply #1: Dec 18, 2013 07:36:26 pm
      Eighty-eight 'views' and not one comment. I take it 'we' aren't enamoured at the prospect?  >:D
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #2: Dec 18, 2013 08:11:40 pm
      Never heard of him as I don't follow scottish football.
      Is he really good enough for a big EPL club (or just another Danny Wilson) ?

Also with Flanagan performing well, and Jonhson able to play there (with Kelly or Wisdom to replace him at RB), I'm not convinced a LB remain our priority.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #3: Dec 18, 2013 08:15:59 pm
      If were going in for a yound scottish player why not the 'new messi'..?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #4: Dec 18, 2013 08:18:37 pm
      If were going in for a yound scottish player why not the 'new messi'..?

Yea the new Messi is really talented, he would be the pick, though I'm sure there is a massive queue for that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5: Dec 18, 2013 08:25:43 pm
      Thought, if anything, it would be Ryan Gauld Liverpool would be after. Although to be fair Gary Mackay Steven is one of their best players at the moment and we had him on our books back in 2007 after signing him from Ross County.

It's a dire league in general but credit to Jackie McNamara and Dundee United for playing good football on the ground. McNamara is going to be a managerial talent to look out for.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Dec 18, 2013 08:57:51 pm
      Thought, if anything, it would be Ryan Gauld Liverpool would be after. Although to be fair Gary Mackay Steven is one of their best players at the moment and we had him on our books back in 2007 after signing him from Ross County.

Think he's the 'Scottish Messi' people are talking about. Was a feature on him on football focus at weekend.

Looked ok to be fair, hard to tell as you say as the league is as on a par with our league 1 with regard to attendance, conditions and standard.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #7: Dec 18, 2013 09:05:46 pm
      Yea the new Messi is really talented, he would be the pick, though I'm sure there is a massive queue for that.

True, but if you ask fast you could get him... However, looking at Conner Wickham we dodged a bullet on that it would appear! Young players will always have a massive risk element to them.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #8: Dec 19, 2013 02:52:35 am
      ;D the light blues ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #9: Dec 19, 2013 04:52:58 pm
      Eighty-eight 'views' and not one comment. I take it 'we' aren't enamoured at the prospect?  >:D

You could be right BBB, could also be the case that not many follow Dundee United and have any clue who this lad is. I certainly fall into the latter category.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #10: Dec 20, 2013 01:51:29 am
      Another prospect that will go out on loan if he joins, then sold. Can't see the purpose..
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #11: Dec 20, 2013 09:28:56 am
      You could be right BBB, could also be the case that not many follow Dundee United and have any clue who this lad is.
      You could be right Luke: it seems we have far more fans who 'follow' Basel, Barca B, Hoffenheim and Porto than Scottish football.  :D

That said; with the amount of Celtic 'fans' we have on here, you would have thought they could have some insight to share.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #12: Dec 20, 2013 07:23:19 pm
      I've never signed him on Football Manager before so I can't really comment on this one.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #13: Dec 20, 2013 08:03:16 pm
      I've never signed him on Football Manager before so I can't really comment on this one.

Haha. Should rename that game Virtual Scout.

Quick Reply