Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

2014 Winter Transfer Kitty

Read 4907 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,964 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: 2014 Winter Transfer Kitty
      Reply #23: Jan 04, 2014 09:16:41 am
      Was thinking a second dose of liposuction.

Jose of liposuction. ? Who does he play for , thighland maybe, or arse-enal , red star belly grade  ???
      Brouhahaha
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #24: Jan 04, 2014 04:11:59 pm
      It is what is being widely reported. Frankly, we should be making a push for fourth, it would make financial sense to push the boat out. I guess with sales it will be around £30m. Given how thin our squad depth is, it will be hard to raise extra funds. We need to keep Lucas even if we get another DM. I would also like to keep Johnson and Agger. If we want to be in Europe next year and take the domestic cup seriously, we need a much stronger squad. The kids have done well, but frankly for a club of our size, we are woefully thin.
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #25: Jan 06, 2014 11:41:26 am
      This probably deserves its own thread but in France anyone paid above 1m Euro will be taxed 75%. It is nrw ruling from today, the nice timing I say. This means a mass exodus of the French league. Maybe we can get some players from that league.  Liverpool could offer the player the same salary but the player world get 30% more.

Nice Maths
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #26: Jan 06, 2014 07:57:35 pm
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #27: Feb 01, 2014 12:31:52 pm
      Even more importantly, what will our summer transfer kitty be if we manage to secure Champions League football?

Who and what do we actually need? Will we return for Konoplyanka? Something tells me we won't. Will we make that 'marquee' signing?

I want to see a top top midfielder arrive, and two top fullbacks.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #28: Feb 01, 2014 01:33:02 pm
      Even more importantly, what will our summer transfer kitty be if we manage to secure Champions League football?

Who and what do we actually need? Will we return for Konoplyanka? Something tells me we won't. Will we make that 'marquee' signing?

I want to see a top top midfielder arrive, and two top fullbacks.

I think Transfer Kitty's are a thing of the past, mate. Most clubs now place valuations on each individual target. The problem with us is our intransigence over how far we're willing to go above our valuation which is leading to our missing out constantly where as other clubs will happly over spend if they believe their man will make a significant difference. Mata probably wasn't worth £37 million since he's hardly played this season but Man U were willing to pay that because they believe he can have an instant impact on their season. 
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #29: Feb 01, 2014 03:41:24 pm
      thought this was a thread about our new cat. Certainly cant be about money we don't have any of that
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30: Feb 02, 2014 06:00:35 am
      Can't even get excited about future transfer kittys because our Owners are full of sh*t.
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #31: Feb 02, 2014 07:08:12 am
      Someones head should roll after this debacle. We are in such a good position to qualify for the Champions League. Lets hope we can still do it with injuries and all that.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #32: Feb 02, 2014 10:52:23 am
      Can't even get excited about future transfer kittys because our Owners are full of sh*t.

Yup. The transfer window, as a fan, was something I'd look forward to. Unfortunately the same cannot be said anymore...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #33: Feb 02, 2014 11:02:11 am
      Reading a comment from one of our American posters and he has resigned himself to the fact that this appears to be FSG's acknowledged business procedure.
      They acted in this way with the Red Sox and no amount of flag waiving or txts will make one iota of difference.
      Gonna be a long haul lads. 
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #34: Feb 02, 2014 03:38:25 pm
      Reading a comment from one of our American posters and he has resigned himself to the fact that this appears to be FSG's acknowledged business procedure.
      They acted in this way with the Red Sox and no amount of flag waiving or txts will make one iota of difference.
      Gonna be a long haul lads. 

Boston just won another title this past season, though it's not a fair comparison because the structure of baseball and other American sports (even MLS) is completely different than football.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35: Feb 03, 2014 06:35:17 am
      After the West Brom match I am waiting for our (in) famous transfer committee to show there hand and tell us=we told you we did not need to sign new players in the January window. Maybe the committee could invest in specs from specsavers and our defenders could see opposition forwards lurking in the goal area. :f_steam: I am still steaming after that West Brom goal.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36: Feb 04, 2014 03:27:58 pm
      Had the picture already taken in the Kit and all Damnit!

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #37: Feb 05, 2014 11:28:47 am
      Nothing changed... maybe we'll learn from our previous mistakes next time 'round; eh?  >:D

Word of warning: don't be holding your hand on your arse while your waiting for FSG to "learn".

It won't matter if we have £10m, £20m or £50m 'in the kitty': John Henry has made the prime directive very clear - "we will not overpay for players" and "never again waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages."

So, even with £50m 'in the kitty' if a player Brendan/transfer committee want becomes available at say £25m: if he is deemed as 'overpriced' or his wages are 'unrealistic' or that £25m is thought as being 'inflated'... we won't buy him.

The same (if John Henry is true to his word) obviously holds true for any player at any price.

The 'kitty', just like Mother Teresa's hymen, remained intact.

Quick Reply