Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

The 222nd Merseyside Derby - Anfield, Tuesday 28th January 2014. KO 20:00

Read 13012 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      The 222nd Merseyside Derby - Anfield, Tuesday 28th January 2014. KO 20:00
      Jan 26, 2014 11:05:21 am
      Live on BT Sport.

Lets put this shower of sh*t right back in their f**king place.

They're not all that and rely heavily on Berkley, who is doubtful, and Lukaku. Stop the supply to him and we stop them.

Our injuries are mounting but we've got Luis Suarez and a bang in form Daniel Sturridge as well as Sterling and Coutinho who can cause mayhem.

I'm hoping that Joe Allen and Sakho are fit so we can go back to 433 with Sakho partnering Skrtel in defence and I'd probably put Coutinho on the bench and start Raheem on the basis of current form.

Time for Rodgers to get his first Derby win and re-ignite our season.

Lets f**k these bitter and deluded tw*ts and remind them of who we are.

FOREVER IN OUR SHADOW!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: The 222nd Merseyside Derby - Anfield, Tuesday 28th January 2014. KO 20:00
      Reply #1: Jan 26, 2014 11:31:25 am
      Our last victory against them was under King Kenny in the FA Cup semi-final. It's about time we record another win against them, and this time, in style.

Everton will be a tough customer, no doubt. They have talented players and a are playing a decent football under Martinez. They have also only recorded the one loss this season away to City at the Etihad. They are due another lose, and there wouldn't be anything better than hat loss coming against us.

Sturridge amd Suarez are both fit to start, which will be a bonus seeing Daniel only player 18 minutes in the last encounter. Am expecting Coutinho to start to give us more cohesion in midfield. Although Raheem has been the better of the two this season, with Sturridge in the team, he makes us too attacking am essentially gives us a three man striker force. Saying that, I'd rather Raheem over Moses.

Rodgers needs to get this one spot on in terms of tactics. A two man midfield will get undone time and again against this Everton side, so we need to flood out the midfield, win the battle, and be hopeful he likes of Suarez and Sturridge can do  a job in the final third. Is Allen fit? Lucas will be a big loss, for sure.

Mignolet

Kelly      Skrtel   Toure    Flanagan

Gerrard  Allen

Henderson

Sturridge      Suarez        Coutinho

In an ideal world we'd have Johnson, Sakho, Enrique and Lucas back in the starting XI.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2: Jan 26, 2014 12:22:03 pm
      Sorry to be negative but I'm worried about this one.
      I don't think we'll lose the game but I can see an underwhelming draw :-(
      That defense gives me nightmares Lukaku could have a field day
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #3: Jan 26, 2014 12:32:45 pm
      A good result in this fixture feels every bit as good as an Istanbul night a bad one feels like a 6month hangover. Can't wait a night game is always better for atmosphere we really need to win this not even a draw will suffice its win at all costs.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4: Jan 26, 2014 12:44:14 pm
      Our last victory against them was under King Kenny in the FA Cup semi-final. It's about time we record another win against them, and this time, in style.

Everton will be a tough customer, no doubt. They have talented players and a are playing a decent football under Martinez. They have also only recorded the one loss this season away to City at the Etihad. They are due another lose, and there wouldn't be anything better than hat loss coming against us.

Sturridge amd Suarez are both fit to start, which will be a bonus seeing Daniel only player 18 minutes in the last encounter. Am expecting Coutinho to start to give us more cohesion in midfield. Although Raheem has been the better of the two this season, with Sturridge in the team, he makes us too attacking am essentially gives us a three man striker force. Saying that, I'd rather Raheem over Moses.

Rodgers needs to get this one spot on in terms of tactics. A two man midfield will get undone time and again against this Everton side, so we need to flood out the midfield, win the battle, and be hopeful he likes of Suarez and Sturridge can do  a job in the final third. Is Allen fit? Lucas will be a big loss, for sure.

Mignolet

Kelly      Skrtel   Toure    Flanagan

Gerrard  Allen

Henderson

Sturridge      Suarez        Coutinho

In an ideal world we'd have Johnson, Sakho, Enrique and Lucas back in the starting XI.
      there is no way Kelly and Flannagan will start together against Everton just yet. Allen is still an injury doubt. 4 2 1 3 isn't going to be our formation.  We'd be absolutely dominated in midfield. Gerrard has been tested in DM against villa and it was epic fail. I'm sure that lineup would see us hammered. Flannagan would also be better on the left.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #5: Jan 26, 2014 12:45:21 pm
      Everton haven't beaten us at Anfield this millenium, don't see any reason why that should change Tuesday. 3 points please Redmen, put the bitters in there place.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #6: Jan 26, 2014 12:45:43 pm
      there is no way Kelly and Flannagan will start together against Everton just yet. Allen is still an injury doubt. 4 2 1 3 isn't going to be our formation.  We'd be absolutely dominated in midfield. Gerrard has been tested in DM against villa and it was epic fail. I'm sure that lineup would see us hammered.

Go on then, list your XI
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #7: Jan 26, 2014 12:46:16 pm
      No Coleman, Oviedo and Barkley for them. No Johnson, Enrique, Lucas for us. I really pray Allen is fit to start

My guess is Suarez will start right in a 4-3-3 to keep Baines busy, I think Kelly can deal with Pienaar. My worry is Mirallas-vs-Flanno/Cissokho and Lukaku-vs-Skrtel. I would say the midfield is fairly balanced with Stevie, Allen & Hendo against Osman, Barry & McCarthy.

Mig
      Kelly-Skrtel-Toure-Flanno
      Allen-Stevie
      Hendo
      Suarez-Sturridge-Coutinho

I'm going for a 2-1, SAS for us & Lukaku for them
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #8: Jan 26, 2014 12:59:03 pm

Mignolet

Flannagan Skrtel Toure Cissokho

Gerrard   Hendo
       Sterling                                Coutinho

Sturridge Suarez

I don't care about these fancy 3 at back or 3 up top or some odd looking 433. Maybe a bit old fashioned but pretty sure that is a good lineup. I would not play Kelly because his shirt pulling v Bournemouth was quite bad. Could have been a penalty.  He ain't coping v everton.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #9: Jan 26, 2014 01:09:40 pm
      Goes without saying this is a massive game.  The fact Everton are below us makes this slightly more of a 'must win' for them than us.  If we can get a 4 point lead over them now, and with the games they have coming up we have a real chance of pulling away from them.

If they get the win then it will be a blow, but not a terminal one for us.

Main worry is how average we have looked the past two games.  Hope Stevie doesn't give away a mad penalty!
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #10: Jan 26, 2014 01:24:19 pm
      Thinnk Sakho is pretty much ruled out and Allen is a doubt so I would go with this

Mignolet
                  Flanagan  Toure   Skrtel   Cissokho
                              Gerrard  Henderson
                           Sterling         Coutinho
                               Sturridge Suarez

Similar formation to the Villa game but that didnt work out, but we barely have any other options. Good possibility that it might be a more conventional 4-4-2 with Sterling on the right and Henderson on the left with Coutinho in the 10. Offers good support to the full-backs but still going to feel uneasy with Gerrard breaking up play, especially if Barkley plays.

Both teams are heavily hit by injuries and form isnt exemplary for either team but we all know that goes out the window on days like this. Really think this is their biggest chance to beat us at Anfield in a number of years, but still, if we can restrict them to 2 goals or less I fancy us to win, just cant see us getting beat for some reason. 3 points would be big for us aswell
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #11: Jan 26, 2014 02:21:02 pm
      Please fix your post.  That is pretty messed up.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #12: Jan 26, 2014 02:31:49 pm
      Biggest game of the season.

Bigger than the United games.

Got to win this!

3-0 to Pool obviously.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,308 posts | 1670 
      Reply #13: Jan 26, 2014 02:41:17 pm
      Sorry just wanted you to look at your point again of not playing Kelly because of a shirt tug.1- Better than cissoko unfit or out of form 2- Shall we drop Skrtel then as he shirt pulls all games ??
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14: Jan 26, 2014 03:00:24 pm
      I'll freely admit to thinking that on current form they're the favourites for this. Thankfully form goes out the window on Derby day.

One of the biggest positives I'm hearing is Flanagan might be back, if he can control his temperament he's perfect for this game because our other available full-backs have barely put in a single challenge all season where Flanno, he'll put one in every minute if he can.

Lukaku up against Skrtel or Toure is a bit of a headache and I've been saying for the last few matches that we're way overdue to concede a penalty. The shirt pulling issue has been highlighted so often that when we get one given against us we'll all just sigh, I just really hope it isn't here.

Joe Allen, while it's logical to think we need a midfielder back (we've only got 2), he never impresses when the game gets physical, ends up looking like a bullied school boy always glancing at the ref for support, never giving back as good as he receives.

The positives for us are all, quite obviously, in attack. Sturridge is in fine form again, Suarez is the best player on the planet and we have a rested Raheem who I think has not received the credit he's deserved in recent weeks. I can certainly see why some are asking for Coutinho to be dropped but I also disagree with them, he's one of the only players in our squad capable of producing those moments of magic that win games on their own.

We need a win in this game to lift the spirits of the fans, the players and bring belief. It will be a welcome distraction from the disappointment of the transfer market and in terms of the battle for 4th it's the biggest Derby I can remember. Let's smash them, show them who is boss and send them back across Stanley Park with their tails between their legs!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15: Jan 26, 2014 03:12:56 pm
      Sorry just wanted you to look at your point again of not playing Kelly because of a shirt tug.1- Better than cissoko unfit or out of form 2- Shall we drop Skrtel then as he shirt pulls all games ??
      I'm not a fan of Cissokho but half our team was bad against Bournemouth.  What I saw from Kelly was he let a player get past him with ease and then pulled on his shirt for a while right infront of the ref. Skrtel does more defensively and is far less blatant with his fouls.  The refs are going to be watching Kelly like a hawk if he plays against Everton and it doesn't seem like that bothers him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,450 posts | 2844 
      Reply #16: Jan 26, 2014 03:16:40 pm
      Think we're going to be in real trouble if Gerrard and Hendo are our only fit central midfielders.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #17: Jan 26, 2014 03:27:08 pm
      Think we're going to be in real trouble if Gerrard and Hendo are our only fit central midfielders.

I worry about this too. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I really hope Joe Allen gets himself fit and I also hope......F**k me.....I hope that he starts.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #18: Jan 26, 2014 03:29:41 pm
      I worry about this too. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I really hope Joe Allen gets himself fit and I also hope......f**k me.....I hope that he starts.
      if he is fit I would start him too. Henderson just doesn't perform well with Gerrard but he does with Allen.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #19: Jan 26, 2014 03:31:47 pm
      if he is fit I would start him too. Henderson just doesn't perform well with Gerrard but he does with Allen.

I'd start the three and anybody suggesting otherwise didn't watch the first 45 against Villa. We will get totally over ran by an Everton side that has a lot more to offer than Villa.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #20: Jan 26, 2014 03:38:47 pm
      I'd start the three and anybody suggesting otherwise didn't watch the first 45 against Villa. We will get totally over ran by an Everton side that has a lot more to offer than Villa.
      would be nice but I wouldn't want to sacrifice a defender. We'd probably be 4-3-3. Not the biggest 4-3-3 fan but maybe we could have,

Gerrard   Allen      Hendo

Suarez Sturridge Coutinho

Or something like that in our midfield and attack.

Everton have 7 injuries just like we do. Some of their injuries are big names too.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21: Jan 26, 2014 03:48:26 pm

Totally agree we need 3 in there, but like you am not at all convinced that Allen, Henderson and Gerrard are capable of matching up physically. Another reason we shouldn't have loaned out Reina, he's a decent midfielder :D
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #22: Jan 26, 2014 03:55:46 pm
      8 O'clock kick off? Why so late? I'll be pissed by then!

Quick Reply