Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v West Brom?

Simon Mignolet
      11 (9.6%)
      Jon Flanagan
      4 (3.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.7%)
      Kolo Toure
      5 (4.3%)
      Aly Cissokho
      6 (5.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      10 (8.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      68 (59.1%)
      Luis Suarez
      5 (4.3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      4 (3.5%)
      Martin Kelly
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: Feb 07, 2014 03:31:08 pm

West Brom 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match *****

Read 30571 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: West Brom 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match *****
      Reply #460: Feb 02, 2014 09:47:30 pm
      Bahahaha.

Oh Kolo.
      Why?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #461: Feb 02, 2014 09:51:58 pm
      What the hell was Toure  thinking, he might as well of put the ball in the net himself.I thought we were on the way for 3 points till that blunder and got so angry when he put the ball across in front of the goal, he did not even look up to see what players were in the area. :f_wah: .
            Sterling was our top man for me, he had West Brom in tatters in spite of the treatment he got from the basta*ds.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #462: Feb 02, 2014 09:57:16 pm
      Hopefully we will now learn our lesson and F**k this bollocks of trying to play out from the back via Mignolet off. Incredibly frustrating the number of times we hit it back to Mignolet and he ended up hoofing it to West Brom anyway, the clumsiness which we execute this a goal like that was bound to happen.

Our midfield did not help I think we sacrificed the 'system" to accomodate SAS what we did not do was offer the neccessary support from central midfield to support them. Coutinho was missing for large parts of the game and only seemed interested in playing when he had the ball in the final third. Henderson was nowhere to be seen barring trying to attempt a few "holywood" balls.

When we are on our game we are world beaters but when we are not such as yesterday boy are we bad, arguably the worst I have ever seen us at times akin to the Hodgson era.

Suarez looks a frustrated man at the moment hoping another meltdown or brain explosion will not follow.

2 massive points dropped in a dreary, effortless and lacklustre performance absolutely gutted.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #463: Feb 02, 2014 10:00:07 pm
      Looking back on it, I think we were caught out by the fact they just didn't throw bodies forward and have a go at any point. Apart from the goal they only really had that effort from the corner. We were expecting them to attack and hit them on the break but it didn't happen and we became really passive and didn't try to force the game. It's something we definitely need to work on, being able to switch easily between styles of play.

Really don't like blaming one player but if Kolo didn't play that pass the game had 1-0 written all over it. One of those types of games if that makes sense.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #464: Feb 02, 2014 10:00:22 pm
      Actully today summed up our last 4 days really,a let down
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #465: Feb 02, 2014 10:00:29 pm
      Probably too harsh on Toure it's quite obvious to all to see that he is not a ball playing CB, maybe Brendan needs to adjust his demands on his players depending on who is available.
      Toure is a very skitty player and usually a heart beat away from dropping a clanger so not a great surprise if he is being asked to play it out from the back what the outcome might be. On a brighter note Agger and a Sakho should be back soon.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #466: Feb 02, 2014 10:04:50 pm
      Probably too harsh on Toure it's quite obvious to all to see that he is not a ball playing CB, maybe Brendan needs to adjust his demands on his players depending on who is available.
      Toure is a very skitty player and usually a heart beat away from dropping a clanger so not a great surprise if he is being asked to play it out from the back what the outcome might be. On a brighter note Agger and a Sakho should be back soon.

A ball playing centre back? You don't have to be Alan Hansen to know never to put a pass across your own goal like that, how did he not see Anichebe? Not like he's inconspicuous now is it! He obviously didn't mean it but no excuse for such stupidity
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #467: Feb 02, 2014 10:08:49 pm
      A ball playing centre back? You don't have to be Alan Hansen to know never to put a pass across your own goal like that, how did he not see Anichebe? Not like he's inconspicuous now is it! He obviously didn't mean it but no excuse for such stupidity

I know what your saying and in a ideal world Toure should not have even been on the pitch but until Agger or Sakho come back we have no options.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #468: Feb 02, 2014 10:09:08 pm
      how far is enrique from recovery? Can someone tell me? We dearly miss him!
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #469: Feb 02, 2014 10:17:20 pm
      Injuries From http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

L Leiva   MCL Knee Ligament Injury   Exp Return 1st Mar 14   
      D Agger   Calf/Shin Injury   Exp Return 12th Feb 14   
      M Sakho   Hamstring Injury   Exp Return 8th Feb 14   
      J Enrique   Knee Injury   no return date, Some articles from the 25th November say he had surgery and will be out for 10 weeks so mid feb possibly, arthroscopic surgery to resolve an issue with his right knee.
      S Coates   ACL Knee Injury   no return date   
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #470: Feb 02, 2014 11:01:35 pm
      Fvcking awful display against a fvcking awful outfit.

Never ever once controlled the game and it cost us.

Allen should have replaced Coutinho a little bit earlier.

Gerrard again MOTM for me, playing excellent in the DM role, Sterling bright again. Mignolet looked much better too, great save with his left hand from their corner.

Other than that, two points dropped and a Kolo howler to rub insult to injury.

:f_steam: :f_steam:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #471: Feb 02, 2014 11:06:37 pm
      I thought we completely dominated the first half but the strikers were a bit off their usual brilliance and we were sloppy in the final third. Second half West Brom played much better but we again squandered quite a few chances plus their goalie had a good game. A bit gutted at losing the 2 points but at least most teams around us also fecked up to crappy teams so not to dramatic really. We need a good bounce back against Arsenal though and I suspect we'll get it.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #472: Feb 02, 2014 11:18:50 pm
      Just wanna comment on a phrase that often gets thrown around when we fail to take all three points and that's idea that the lads didn't put in the necessary effort. I didn't see that at all. I rarely do to be honest. If we nick a goal in the last minute today it doesn't get mentioned.

Just an off-day today. It was a poor performance on an even poorer pitch.

The mistake we made was (as has been suggested) playing a bit too deep. I would have like to have seen us press higher up the pitch. when we did it tended to work and they didn't have all that much to offer in terms of pace on the counter, at least nothing we couldn't deal with.

But I didn't see a lack of effort.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #473: Feb 03, 2014 12:01:38 am
      Still haven't got to see the game as I've had a long day our of the house but this result probably sums up our end to the week.

One to move on from and take comfort we didn't lose any ground on our rivals.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #474: Feb 03, 2014 12:49:26 am
      Still haven't got to see the game as I've had a long day our of the house but this result probably sums up our end to the week.

One to move on from and take comfort we didn't lose any ground on our rivals.

If you do get to watch it mate you'll see a fairly flat performance where after the first 15 minutes we absolutely dominated the first half. Then you'll see a golden chance for Suarez and a couple of other moments where we could have gone 2-0, followed by their best spell and their goal. After that it's in the balance for 10 minutes before we press to no avail at the end. I'd be surprised if like a good part of the forum you conclude that "Brendan has to learn etc......" or that "Brendan f*cked up today etc etc....." but I guess you never know.

One thing which did occur to me after the game, and I say this as one of its biggest opponents when over used, was that today was a massive advertisement for rotation. A couple of fresh faces would probably have made a big difference to us, it's just a shame that we haven't got any. 
      goaliedave
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #475: Feb 03, 2014 12:55:14 am
      tough one. you have to wonder if the empty transfer window was also a distraction for the players. However, we are still up on blue so the world is still right.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #476: Feb 03, 2014 01:15:28 am
      If you do get to watch it mate you'll see a fairly flat performance where after the first 15 minutes we absolutely dominated the first half. Then you'll see a golden chance for Suarez and a couple of other moments where we could have gone 2-0, followed by their best spell and their goal. After that it's in the balance for 10 minutes before we press to no avail at the end. I'd be surprised if like a good part of the forum you conclude that "Brendan has to learn etc......" or that "Brendan f*cked up today etc etc....." but I guess you never know.

One thing which did occur to me after the game, and I say this as one of its biggest opponents when over used, was that today was a massive advertisement for rotation. A couple of fresh faces would probably have made a big difference to us, it's just a shame that we haven't got any. 

I agree mate Kolo fu**ed up.... not Brendan, however I don't think we played nearly as well as you do. I thought while we were the better side in the first half we always struggled to control the game and we found it difficult to get our forwards into the game. Coutinho seemed to me to be the only one who showed any creativity or tried to link play with our forwards. Sterling was getting a lot of work in down the right but as the game went on Henderson disappeared deep into our half ....never to return.

Second half Coutinho followed Henderson into the abyss but when he came off so did the last vestiges of our creativity. Suarez missed a goal that he has been knocking in for fun (good save actually) Sturridge never looked at the races and Gerrard was too deep to have any meaningful effect on the game once they scored.

Aston Villa type performance ... not totally abysmal but poor .

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #477: Feb 03, 2014 01:24:14 am
      I'm going to put our performance down to the Derby game earlier in the week, I think we were so pumped up for it that since that game with off field events added the team were left deflated.

Could also throw complacency in too, one individual error cost us 2 points more.

Still in conversation though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #478: Feb 03, 2014 01:33:42 am

I'm not sure I'm going to get time to rewatch this one at all Mike so may have to take your word on it.

Brendan picked the side I expected and the side I'd have picked and given our limited options I guess was hard to make any real game changing subs so I'm not going to moan too much over a result that could almost be expected given the flat end to the week and after a massive derby win.

I seen it menioned somewhere else on the forum and I agree in that Brendan almost gets a free pas from me from here to the end of the season as he been fu**ed over and anything we get from this season will be down to him and the players we how e and despite those above him.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #479: Feb 03, 2014 01:43:07 am
      Again, watching this performance today and seeing Allen (not for the first time) make absolutely no impact on it, one has to wonder what the hell Alberto needs to do to get some game time?
      khote.nobrain
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      • the RED's forever
      Reply #480: Feb 03, 2014 01:49:35 am
      Regardless of the outcome must be accepted, we must appreciate those who have already tried the maximum, remains progressive persist .... YNWA (the RED's forever)
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #481: Feb 03, 2014 03:08:03 am
      Only just woke up after the game, I was happy with the draw.
      It was between Mignolet and Sterling for motm, if Sterling never had the heavy touch on the ball I would give it to him, tbf when they announced Sterling as motm I said yes! But then my dad mentioned our goalie and I thought oh sh*t yeah them two saves were amazing.
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #482: Feb 03, 2014 04:22:50 am
      Yacob is a dirty C*nt... That is all.

Quick Reply