Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Pre Match: Fulham V Liverpool (12th Feb 2014 - 8:00pm)

Read 17550 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Pre Match: Fulham V Liverpool (12th Feb 2014 - 8:00pm)
      Feb 09, 2014 02:07:19 pm

Big game again but they all are at this stage. Not since 2009 have we had a greater chance in actually having a say in a title race. Can we win it? Why not!

After our unbelievable Derby victory we went away to a struggling West Brom and drew. Now after another amazing home victory, we need to make sure we follow it up by beating a struggling relegation threatened side this time.

I'd go with exactly the same team that beat Arsenal and I expect us to be too strong for Fulham.

COME ON REDMEN!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Pre Match: Fulham V Liverpool (12th Feb 2014 - 8:00pm)
      Reply #1: Feb 09, 2014 02:31:42 pm
      Same team again as yesterday please. But much more importantly... same intensity!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #2: Feb 09, 2014 02:33:47 pm
      going to pick this one to post in :D

This game is extremely critical for us.  our lads worked hard and got us the 3 points.. to lose or draw would really be a waste of all that prior hard work (what i felt when we won vs everton then drew right after). 

fulham is in turmoil.  they have no real direction and may / will probably go down next season.  But that means we cannot take them lightly.  A team in 'survival mode' is unpredictable and with a bit of luck might get something from us.   We need to have that same mentality we had in the first 20ish minutes vs arsenal.  Hit them fast, hit them hard and bang in a few goals before they blink.  They are very vulnerable so we cannot give them time to think and strategize

i also want the same starting XI.  i liked BRs subs last game... thought allen coming in for SG was good and i definitely liked seeing ibe get a run.  Hopefully if aspas gets a chance to come on, he will touch the ball this time  >:D

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #3: Feb 09, 2014 02:48:53 pm
      We're also playing away from home and our away form hasn't been the best this season. It needs to improve and there's no better place for us to start that than at Craven Cottage.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #4: Feb 09, 2014 03:18:13 pm
      We soundly beat these at Anfield earlier in the season, in what was probably the most comfortable win we've had all season. They gave us all the possession and offered nothing in reply. Suarez tore them a new one, just as Sturridge did towards the end of last season.

They have lost their last 4 and the mancs will likely make it five today; meanwhile we're on our longest unbeaten run all season.

Expect nothing but another convincing win.

Highlights of the reverse fixture: http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=588548324515464
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #5: Feb 09, 2014 03:38:36 pm
      If we can't win away at Craven Cottage, then there is little hope. Fulham are awful. We should be winning this one very comfortably
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 09, 2014 06:49:50 pm
      If we win, and spurs don't away to Newcastle, then that's 6 points or so difference and we have them to come at home. Big game
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2014 09:21:05 pm by yacster »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,498 posts | 2869 
      Reply #7: Feb 09, 2014 07:33:33 pm
      Hope we've learnt our lesson from West Brom where we followed a stunning performance with a truly awful one. Need to be on it from the first minute and try and get it won by half time.

If we win then the table could be looking even better with Arsenal playing United and Spurs having a tough away game.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8: Feb 09, 2014 07:54:10 pm
      Todays result was interesting.
      Leading the Scum 1-0 for a long time.
      Park and Bus come to mind.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #9: Feb 09, 2014 08:25:57 pm
      Looking at the Arsenal game makes you wonder what could've been, If we had played with the same intensity at the Hawthorns. There will be fears that like the WBA game, the players won't be motivated enough for this game, after another huge Anfield victory. That being said, Fulham are the worst team in the league at the minute, and we should be steam-rolling them, even if we don't hit fifth gear.

The players will also be very fatigued after the shift some of them put in at Old Trafford and we have an extra day's rest. Also if Fulham were to have lost at OT, there would have been more emphasis on our game, and so the players would be more motivated, but that didn't transpire. Instead they will see the draw at OT as a point gained, and Fulham's manager won't be under immense pressure to win this game. One thing I would say, is that they seem to have rested new striker, Mitroglu for our game. He will be majorly motivated on his debut. He's a bit of an unknown quantity. Let's hope his prolific goal-scoring ability in the Greek league doesn't translate into the BPL

We should see an unchanged side, as all the players have merited, with such an electric performance against Arsenal.

Mignolet
      Flanno        Toure                         Skrtel            Cissoko

Gerrard

Coutinho
             Henderson                                      Sterling

Suarez            Sturridge
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2014 09:29:45 pm by Suarez-7 »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Feb 09, 2014 08:28:08 pm
      Norwich and Fulham. Could be wrong, but don't we generally knobble these away from home? And expect us to do so midweek.

Brilliant that we're performing against the 'big' sides now - but we were whacking the 'bottom halvers' until recently, so we need to get back into that habit and be up for these ones too. Need to put a bit more distance between ourselves and Everton/Spuds.

Saw a chunk of the Fulham/Utd match today and though they had about 15% possession or something like that, thought they showed some heart. Defended for 95% of the match, but managed to nick a draw. So might not be as comfortable as we might expect - but they are bottom of the table - we need to win these.  In saying that, Utd look blunt up front, and was laughing my nads off when Bent knocking in their 2nd, cue final whistle and heads down all round - classic stuff :)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11: Feb 09, 2014 08:33:15 pm
                                         Mignolet

Flanagan         Skrtel              Toure            Cissokho

Gerrard                   Henderson     

Coutinho

Sterling             Sturridge         Suarez

I think we might be better putting Allen in the midfield for away games , but it would be very difficult to drop Sterling, Sturridge or Coutinho to accommodate him, so taking the easy way out and picking the same team .... I just hope they play with the same intensity.   

Hopefully Agger and Johnson will be on the bench for this game.             
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Feb 09, 2014 08:58:06 pm
      I hate midweek evening games. Its like we forget how to play. Watched Fulham park the bus and try and counter the scum today. I think we fair better against sides who try play ball, but that said we should be able to break open their defense a lot better than UTD did and defend a lot better against their counters.

Our pace will go out the window if they park the proverbial bus, that's were the likes of Luis comes into his own.

I would start with the same 11 that HAMMERED Arsenal, with maybe the exception of Coutinho off for Allen. I can see us having a lot more time on the ball and dominate possession in this one and I think Allen could be beneficial to us.

I would swap Luis to centre and Studge to the right flank, leave the diamond that is Sterling out on the left.

Another win please lads. Unlike West Brom, we need to keep the tempo up, ball to feet and lots of movement in and around the front 4.

1-3 da pool!

Loving this season!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #13: Feb 09, 2014 09:28:17 pm
      A 1-0 win will do in fact any win will do as long as we bring 3 points back to Anfield. Play nice, play ugly just win. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14: Feb 09, 2014 09:39:05 pm
      Fulham showed some character today and will be up for this one. On the other hand, they must be knackered after that, and it's a quick turn around for them.

If we get an early goal, I think it could get ugly for them.

Nice away game this one, nice pitch, unintimidating and the travelling Kop will have an entire end of the ground, and will create a cracking atmosphere.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Feb 09, 2014 11:29:11 pm
      I think we need to leave Coutinho out, hes fooking brilliant but does he do enough in 90 minutes? He gives the ball away a lot. Also Suarez hasn't scored in ages drop him to  :f_tongueincheek:

That smiley is tongue in cheek by the way before some of you have a seizure
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #16: Feb 09, 2014 11:30:49 pm
      Drop Sterling I say. Didn't square the ball to Aspas when he was clean open. All about the team, not individuals  :f_tongueincheek:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #17: Feb 09, 2014 11:42:02 pm
      I think we need to leave Coutinho out, hes fooking brilliant but does he do enough in 90 minutes? He gives the ball away a lot. Also Suarez hasn't scored in ages drop him to  :f_tongueincheek:

That smiley is tongue in cheek by the way before some of you have a seizure

Haha had to look again at the name on the post then I saw the tongue in cheek, thought you were pissed at first Brian.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18: Feb 09, 2014 11:47:27 pm
      Would happily take a scrappy 1-0 win. That said, lets stuff these for 5 or 6 too ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #19: Feb 09, 2014 11:52:07 pm
      Let's hope they carry on like they did today, piece of piss.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #20: Feb 10, 2014 12:23:00 am
      one thing is certain... fulham had an intensive training on defending crosses today.

the few times united passed the ball around and went up the middle, they had good scoring chances.   for a team like united with mata, rooney, janu .. they should be moving the ball up the field.  so should us in the game imo.  play our style of footy and make their defense lose focus / positioning
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #21: Feb 10, 2014 12:36:10 am
      Get that intensity going, run into all the players - for a flair team, we also had the highest amount of tackles with Crystal Palace.

Give each player 10 cans of Red Bull to keep the intensity!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22: Feb 10, 2014 12:45:44 am
      Same side for me, keep the confidence high and that winning mentality,

I still don't think we are playing at our best yet which in all honesty is frightening to be fair,

I'd like to see Sakho slot in alongside Skrtel, play Johnson at LB with Flanno taking the RB as his own, replace Johnson once Jose is fit,
      I think Stevie is getting used to his new role now and will thrive there, still need to back him up tho probably with Henderson, and of course our 4 musketeers up front creating havoc wherever they play,

As for Fulham we need to batter them to and keep the points gap at least the same ,

Can't see anything other than another 3 pts for the red men.

YNWA

Quick Reply