Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Swansea?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      4 (2.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (0.6%)
      Daniel Agger
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      87 (56.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      43 (27.9%)
      Luis Suarez
      8 (5.2%)
      Raheem Sterling
      3 (1.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.6%)
      Joe Allen
      7 (4.5%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Voting closed: Mar 01, 2014 03:36:59 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Swansea: In Game Chat and Post Match Defibrillation

Read 34886 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Swansea: In Game Chat and Post Match Defibrillation
      Reply #575: Feb 23, 2014 04:42:35 pm
      Football fans being football fans since day 1.
      Indeed... A cracking game with another three points and we still find time to yap: maybe we [players and fans] should stick together in the fog. 

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,561 posts | 1548 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #576: Feb 23, 2014 04:45:15 pm
      Indeed... A cracking game with another three points and we still find time to yap: maybe we [players and fans] should stick together in the fog.
      A utopian dream that's good to hold to but one that's never in reality going to happen.

We'll certainly do our best though.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #577: Feb 23, 2014 04:47:34 pm
      He did mate - you see it every week from every defence; not just Skrtel. He got 'caught' this week; others didn't.

As for the "Own Goal" a header flicked on to his shoulder deflected into the net. Only a total F**k-wit would hold that against him.

But hey we won - thank F**k; can you imagine the F***ing yapping if we hadn't?  ;D

Yeah saw the OG (thanks s@int), as you say only a F**k wit would hold that against him!
      But like I say, there seems to be Kneejerking going on.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,561 posts | 1548 
      Reply #578: Feb 23, 2014 04:47:37 pm
      In other news, Norwich should be at least 2-0 up by now

Spurs have been very lacklustre
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #579: Feb 23, 2014 04:48:00 pm
      See now I can't remember that Rush.

I'd say your a liar but at my age it could just be that I've forgotten where and when I wrote that Skrtel shouldn't concentrate more on defending or dealing with the crosses and less time hugging and physically molesting opposition players.

Maybe you can quote me - it would help. Thanks.

Arshad 4pool
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -1 
      Reply #580: Feb 23, 2014 04:48:37 pm
      Chill out guys   WE WON  even my BP is normal now. So lets calm down      I repeat we are missing lucas. I dont  think gerrard is ideal defensive midfielder. Too often in first half our backline was getting exposed easily for likes of shelvey to bomb forward. Allen helped us to gain some foothold in centre of park. Suarez's form a little worry. When are we playing norwich??  I dont know how happy he is playing wide, second fiddle to sturridge ???  but main thing for today is 3 points  lets hope norwich do us a favour vs Spurs today
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,561 posts | 1548 
      Reply #581: Feb 23, 2014 04:48:56 pm
      Yeah saw the OG (thanks s@int), as you say only a F**k wit would hold that against him!
      But like I say, there seems to be Kneejerking going on.
      And only a F**k wit would argue against the fact Skittles almost cost us all 3 points

Your turn.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #582: Feb 23, 2014 04:49:23 pm
      how many goals have they scored? how is it stunning its perfectly true.We are so good going forward its only natural we leave space at the back and let goals in.It was also in response to us being top scorers but 17 team letting in less goals than us so its perfectly relevant.Dont just pick out snippits of peoples posts.

41 goals. But I feel that you think if they didn't play then we'd have 41 goals less which is simplistic. You're theorising about things that haven't happened. What's the point? Way to turn a massive plus point of us into a massive negative but it doesn't work.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,561 posts | 1548 
      Reply #583: Feb 23, 2014 04:50:17 pm
      Chill out guys   WE WON  even my BP is normal now. So lets calm down      I repeat we are missing lucas. I dont  think gerrard is ideal defensive midfielder. Too often in first half our backline was getting exposed easily for likes of shelvey to bomb forward. Allen helped us to gain some foothold in centre of park. Suarez's form a little worry. When are we playing norwich??  I dont know how happy he is playing wide, second fiddle to sturridge ???  but main thing for today is 3 points  lets hope norwich do us a favour vs Spurs today
      It's the sly passive aggressive "slag a poster off indirectly via another poster's post" bullshit I find cowardly.

Moving on.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #584: Feb 23, 2014 04:50:44 pm

Liverpool's 70 goals make them top-scorers in the league, above Manchester City, but only four teams have kept fewer clean sheets in the Premier League this season.
      Only Newcastle in the top half of the table have conceded more than Liverpool's 35 goals.

Facht.
      #
      BBC

If it wasnt for our sh*te defence we would be top of the league and going for the title.
      if you play attacking football you will always usually conceed more.  If we defended better we probably would have scored less goals. We are going for the title and we would be top of the league if we beat Southampton and west brom. That was 5 points dropped,  but all teams dropped points they should not have so it's wrong to think like that.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,768 posts | 7186 
      Reply #585: Feb 23, 2014 04:51:34 pm
      41 goals. But I feel that you think if they didn't play then we'd have 41 goals less which is simplistic. You're theorising about things that haven't happened. What's the point? Way to turn a massive plus point of us into a massive negative but it doesn't work.

so now your mystic meg and can read my thoughts.there is a direct relationship between the goals we score and the goals we let in Eurored made the point that we have scored more than anyone else but have let in more than 16 or 17 other teams.Your the one who brought negativity to the table.cheers for that
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #586: Feb 23, 2014 04:52:06 pm
      I have not seen the match yet but 3 points will do me, if we can get 3 points from every game till the end of the season that will do me.

That's all we need 3pts every match, however we do it is not the issue let Citeh,chav'sand the Arse worry about US !
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,768 posts | 7186 
      Reply #587: Feb 23, 2014 04:54:11 pm
      That's all we need 3pts every match, however we do it is not the issue let Citeh,chav'sand the Arse worry about US !

no other stat needed is there 3 points ...its a beautiful thing
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #588: Feb 23, 2014 04:55:49 pm
      so now your mystic meg and can read my thoughts.there is a direct relationship between the goals we score and the goals we let in Eurored made the point that we have scored more than anyone else but have let in more than 16 or 17 other teams.Your the one who brought negativity to the table.cheers for that

I don't think I was. I just agree with the notion that if you put more emphasis on attack you concede more. I can understand why we're conceding but I'm not accepting of it and we can do better.

That said I didn't think we were even that good in attack today and we still scored 4. Henderson getting two though = goals coming from all over the field as of late.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #589: Feb 23, 2014 04:57:25 pm
      And only a F**k wit would argue against the fact Skittles almost cost us all 3 points

Your turn.

I don't remember stating anywhere that he didn't almost cost us 3 points! He was at fault for the pen, no argument there, but as for the OG, it was headed onto his shoulder FFS!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #590: Feb 23, 2014 04:58:50 pm
      Our attack wont always bale our defence out. But it is what it is until the summer. Sakho might bring a bit of cohesion when he comes back. Its scarily good thinking about how good we could be if we lock up at the back and keep the same tempo going forward.

I couldnt care less as long as we keep winning.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #591: Feb 23, 2014 04:59:35 pm
      A win is a win.

Away to Southampton will be very tough. We were easily beaten last season and they are even more posession masters than Swansea, but better.

I'd like to see Allen replace coutinho . I hope the manager is not shy about playing counter attack football away from home, it would definitely suit us against the saints.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #592: Feb 23, 2014 05:02:42 pm
      Ugly win
      Three Points
      Still in fourth place
      Still in the title race
      Four goals to add onto our goal difference

I'm happy with that, and so should everybody else!

On we march with Brendan's army!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,561 posts | 1548 
      Reply #593: Feb 23, 2014 05:04:40 pm
      I don't remember stating anywhere that he didn't almost cost us 3 points! He was at fault for the pen, no argument there, but as for the OG, it was headed onto his shoulder FFS!
      Regardless, it was down to poor defending. In particular, poor positional sense, and poor choice of target. Should have gone for clearing the ball instead of trying to prevent the player from jumping/moving or whatever. Come on, he's done exactly that all season - been more fixated on the man.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #594: Feb 23, 2014 05:08:02 pm
      if it wasn't for Suarez and Sturridge we might be fighting relegation.
      Just take the positives we can score 4 goals when we need to its going to be like this until the end of the season. The positive thing for me is that Luis is on a drought but that will change soon  and we can score more goals than most of the opposition. At this point 3 points is the only stat needed 11 to go.

I guess we are a two-man team then. The Gerrard's, Sterlings, Skrtels, Couthinos and even the keepers were just ball-watching while SAS defended and scored many goals.

Joker

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #595: Feb 23, 2014 05:08:31 pm
      well well
       This could turn out to be a bigger LFC win now If norwich  can hold on to thier lead vs the spuds
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #596: Feb 23, 2014 05:11:28 pm
      I guess we are a two-man team then. The Gerrard's, Sterlings, Skrtels, Couthinos and even the keepers were just ball-watching while SAS defended and scored many goals.

Joker

I think you're being too literal of his reply. I think what he means is that without their goals we'd be fighting relegation this season. We rank 11th in the league on goals conceded. That said, without our strikers we probably wouldn't be so cavalier in our approach play so wouldn't have conceded as many goals.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,561 posts | 1548 
      Reply #597: Feb 23, 2014 05:13:27 pm
      Poko, Bad Boy Bubby, I apologise, I let my emotions get the better of me

Still think Skittles needs dropping though, as soon as Sakho is back

EDIT: Spelled Poko's name wrong.

Quick Reply