Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      18 (10.1%)
      Martin Skrtel
      5 (2.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      2 (1.1%)
      Steven Gerrard
      126 (70.4%)
      Joe Allen
      6 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      11 (6.1%)
      Raheem Sterling
      1 (0.6%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (1.1%)
      Luis Suarez
      8 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 176

Voting closed: Mar 21, 2014 06:48:35 pm

United 0-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match hysteria

Read 41380 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: United 0-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match hysteria
      Reply #667: Mar 18, 2014 06:00:38 pm
      Proud to be a Red!!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #668: Mar 18, 2014 06:21:06 pm
      Agree. Was a "when, not if" feeling.

And to me, we played at no better than 60% in attack. We were so wasteful. And still score three, and could of had 6+.

Rocked my Liverpool kit at uni. Me and about a hundred others :D party time reds!

Aye, was rocking my kit down at the pub later that day. Local who's a manc wandered in. In this family friendly establishment I just burst out with a very loud "WHO THE F**k ARE MAN UNITED!"

He just muttered something about Clattenburg and diving, and then moved along.

:D

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #669: Mar 18, 2014 06:24:56 pm
      Rocked my Liverpool kit at uni. Me and about a hundred others :D party time reds!

Is right! Where I work there is a Manc who's from Manchester and myself who is from Liverpool and I went in wearing our home shirt!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,301 posts | 2845 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #670: Mar 18, 2014 07:25:27 pm
      Looks like Maradonna was there Sunday supporting us according to the bbc

Diego Maradona thrust his "Hand Of God" into the air and smiled in approval. If there was a moment that confirmed Liverpool's right to be taken seriously as Premier League title contenders, this was it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #671: Mar 18, 2014 08:08:21 pm
      Looks like Maradonna was there Sunday supporting us according to the bbc

Diego Maradona thrust his "Hand Of God" into the air and smiled in approval. If there was a moment that confirmed Liverpool's right to be taken seriously as Premier League title contenders, this was it.

He was mate and was apparently full of approval judging by his applause. Must say that is a strange one though, we're now serious title contenders because Maradona turned up? Funny that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #672: Mar 18, 2014 08:43:52 pm
      He was mate and was apparently full of approval judging by his applause. Must say that is a strange one though, we're now serious title contenders because Maradona turned up? Funny that.

He's quite the angel Gabriel isn't he. But god knows what he was reflecting in the football world when he was pumping his insides full of cocaine and fast food a decade or so ago.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #673: Mar 18, 2014 08:48:28 pm
      He's quite the angel Gabriel isn't he. But god knows what he was reflecting in the football world when he was pumping his insides full of cocaine and fast food a decade or so ago.

It's a bit sad that the most lasting memories of a great career will be of a cheat and a drug addict. I suppose we're all judged on the choices we make though and he's brought it on himself. Although from the outside looking in it doesn't appear like he cares too much.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #674: Mar 18, 2014 09:44:10 pm
      We should start a petition to make sure Manure DO NOT SACK Moyes. While he is there we are sure of taking 6 points a season off the bas**rds

Absolutely Billy.

Lets do it.

Scal Qaeda. The other eye opens.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #675: Mar 18, 2014 09:51:46 pm
      It's a bit sad that the most lasting memories of a great career will be of a cheat and a drug addict. I suppose we're all judged on the choices we make though and he's brought it on himself. Although from the outside looking in it doesn't appear like he cares too much.

Doubt he gives two shits, his brains on another planet now just like his feet were.

Anyone for signing up his grandson? A Maradonna/Aguero mix can't be half bad with a ball at his feet.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #676: Mar 18, 2014 09:59:10 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26634770

Some may say this is sacrilege ....   but I would say this is the best news for us for years.
      Worth posting .
      Moyes conference after the mauling.

Moyes' soundbites .... especially his bullish 6 year contract . He's making big plans !

No CL for them for a decade.

:lmao:
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #677: Mar 18, 2014 10:47:50 pm
      Oh Alex Ferguson what an albatross you have hung round Utd's neck.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #678: Mar 19, 2014 12:48:04 am
      Why would they fire him now?   The Man U board had to know this was coming. They have an aged squad with a bloated financial situation. Do you really think they screwed up in hiring Moyes? Moyes was a career mid table manager with no titles or silverware.  They knew they could not give the manager a war chest which is exactly why Jose Mourinho was not hired. He would demand money. Moyes was hired as a caretaker and I think thats pretty obvious. Fergie knew the club was in trouble, so he retired on top and is letting Moyes fall on the sword.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #679: Mar 19, 2014 03:49:04 am
      ^ never laughed so much scrolling down and seeing the same post over and over thinking I was going insane until I realised it was a quintuple post.

I think you missed the joke, LATW.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #680: Mar 19, 2014 03:59:32 am
      Quote from manwithnoname
      It would be a terrible betrayal of the principles of a wonderful club should United sack Moyes. He was also personally chosen as his anointed successor by the most successful manager in their history.

What message does it give out if United become just like Chelsea or Spurs or City and fire the manager without really giving him a chance?

He needs and deserves more time. Even if next season sees them finish mid-table aswell, they have to be patient. And the season after that. And the next one.

Sorry?

Most pundits in the game say he should get more time. Whether he does or not, he can't handle the pressure of having to win every week now, and is completely out of his depth. But sure we knew that the minute he was appointed. His record against even teams like us was dreadful, let alone other big clubs, and he's never won a thing in his life.

It's not all his fault they are where they are, but after so many years, their fans are having to adjust to the new reality of where they stand and surprise surprise, they don't like it. So the easiest thing to do is sack the coach, when that's an effect rather than the cause of their problem.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #681: Mar 19, 2014 04:27:54 am
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #682: Mar 19, 2014 12:57:41 pm
      Why would they fire him now?   The Man U board had to know this was coming. They have an aged squad with a bloated financial situation. Do you really think they screwed up in hiring Moyes? Moyes was a career mid table manager with no titles or silverware.  They knew they could not give the manager a war chest which is exactly why Jose Mourinho was not hired. He would demand money. Moyes was hired as a caretaker and I think thats pretty obvious. Fergie knew the club was in trouble, so he retired on top and is letting Moyes fall on the sword.

They've given Moyes £70m so far, and are going to give him at least another £100m in summer. If he lasts that long. He has spent more than Mourinho. He wasn't hired with any "caretaker/ managing decline" brief. That's F***ing insane and isn't reflected in facts.

He was hired for the very same reason Mourinho wasn't: Ferguson wanted him, and thought he would be a better long-term bet than the rather more volatile and combustible Mourinho (and to a lesser extent, the influence of Charlton, who *despises* Mourinho)

The perceived character of the man they chose to replace Baconface was important to the club, and they allowed Baconface to essentially choose a manager who HE thought was most similar to himself. Luckily, they failed to take into account ability.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #683: Mar 19, 2014 12:58:55 pm
      Sorry?

Most pundits in the game say he should get more time. Whether he does or not, he can't handle the pressure of having to win every week now, and is completely out of his depth. But sure we knew that the minute he was appointed. His record against even teams like us was dreadful, let alone other big clubs, and he's never won a thing in his life.

It's not all his fault they are where they are, but after so many years, their fans are having to adjust to the new reality of where they stand and surprise surprise, they don't like it. So the easiest thing to do is sack the coach, when that's an effect rather than the cause of their problem.

My post wasn't entirely serious.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #684: Mar 19, 2014 06:09:56 pm
      Moyes with make United the new Everton.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #685: Mar 19, 2014 06:14:50 pm
      Moyes with make United the new Everton.

I was hoping for Leeds.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #686: Mar 19, 2014 06:47:44 pm

Can't believe I'm saying this but, 3 points for yourselves too vs Shi**y with a quick return to self-implosion.

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #687: Mar 19, 2014 06:51:13 pm

Not forgetting tax dodger too. I wonder if he's still avoiding visiting Italy!

Quick Reply