Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. So who wins it?

Liverpool FC
      185 (75.8%)
      Manchester City
      45 (18.4%)
      Chelsea
      12 (4.9%)
      Arsenal
      2 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 240

The 'Run In'

Read 104558 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: The 'Run In'
      Reply #92: Mar 23, 2014 08:44:58 am
      The Cardiff game is out of the way, next will be Sunderland. I hope we don't play like the way we did against Cardiff in the first half. Sunderland is third from the bottom and with 2 games in hand and I'm sure they'll come to Anfiield to attack and we have to be ready for them and not allow them to settle down early.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #93: Mar 23, 2014 09:29:36 am
      Now it's about not slipping up, so you have to play to win. Only chelsea and man city are out our level ( of the teams left to play). Of those two Chelsea are defensively strong but offensively not so strong IF you don't play into their hands. I hope when we play these two games that they lift the roof of Anfield like the CL semi and we play out of our skins. I think Lucas will figure in these games
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #94: Mar 23, 2014 09:47:34 am
      The Cardiff game is out of the way, next will be Sunderland. I hope we don't play like the way we did against Cardiff in the first half. Sunderland is third from the bottom and with 2 games in hand and I'm sure they'll come to Anfiield to attack and we have to be ready for them and not allow them to settle down early.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0:

One game at a time.  just concentrate on winning the next game,  Next up SUNDERLAND on Wednesday.

Just get the three points, the score is not that important, just concentrated on getting the three points.  :aaliverpool2xt1:

We'll be one point behind chessies with equal game IF we win.

Just hang in there, eight more games to go.

1.SUNDERLAND
      2.TOTTENHAM
      3.WEST HAM UNITED
      4.MANCHESTER CITY
      5.NORWICH CITY
      6.CHELSEA
      7.CRYSTAL PALACE
      8.NEWCASTLE

;D  :aaliverpool2xt1: :ernaehrung004:
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #95: Mar 23, 2014 10:06:32 am
      It's beginning to take its toll I'm nerves big time,all I did yesterday was pace up and down the lounge,first with soccer Saturday on,but that was sh*t as we went 1-0 and then 2-1 down:-( so turned on 5-live and when we went 3-2 up I think I scared the sh*t out of my 2yr old lad who literally jumped a foot in the air.
      So 5live it is from now on:-)
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #96: Mar 23, 2014 10:09:01 am
      :clap: :clap: :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0:

One game at a time.  just concentrate on winning the next game,  Next up SUNDERLAND on Wednesday.

Just get the three points, the score is not that important, just concentrated on getting the three points.  :aaliverpool2xt1:

We'll be one point behind chessies with equal game IF we win.

Just hang in there, eight more games to go.

1.SUNDERLAND
      2.TOTTENHAM
      3.WEST HAM UNITED
      4.MANCHESTER CITY
      5.NORWICH CITY
      6.CHELSEA
      7.CRYSTAL PALACE
      8.NEWCASTLE

;D  :aaliverpool2xt1: :ernaehrung004:
      Has anyone worked out yet what the earliest match is that we could possibly win the title?
      What I'm getting at is whats the chance that our game against the Chavs could be a title decider !
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #97: Mar 23, 2014 10:24:49 am
      I believe if teams come and attack us, they are playing right into our hands. If they sit back and shut up shop, I believe we have the movement up front to score regardless.

It's all about the defence for me; sort that out and we'll win the title.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #98: Mar 23, 2014 10:25:07 am
      Sunderland is all important ... aren't they all.

Could have got our GD closer to City's yesterday.
      Would be a sickener if having out gunned everyone we would miss on that.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #99: Mar 23, 2014 10:35:05 am
      April = the champions month!

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #100: Mar 23, 2014 10:45:49 am
      Has anyone worked out yet what the earliest match is that we could possibly win the title?
      What I'm getting at is whats the chance that our game against the Chavs could be a title decider !
      I guess you're writing City off then. Brave seeing as they're still bookies favourites.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #101: Mar 23, 2014 10:54:36 am
      I guess you're writing City off then. Brave seeing as they're still bookies favourites.

I asked about a POSSIBILITY! I then asked about a FACT ! I NEVER write anyone off, but I do read about the animosity you cause on this forum !
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #102: Mar 23, 2014 11:02:56 am
      I think Citeh are our main rivals. Even if we *win all our games*, we could still lose out the title if Citeh win *their* all other games apart from against us.

Someone has to beat Citeh to do us a favour but it seems no one can touch Citeh.

Also, personally I think Chelski can draw the game against us at Anfield. In Maurinho (even though no one likes him) they have a very good tactical manager. I was hoping for Arsenal to do us a favour but they screwed up badly.

Well all we can do is win our matches. Leave rest to the others.

We *must* not worry about others (although I do since I want us to win the PL).
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #103: Mar 23, 2014 11:16:03 am

If City win their games in hand, if we beat City, we will be 1 point behind them, same games played. If if if.

Their goal difference is superior and we really could have done without them hitting 5 Saturday. Having said that, they only need to draw one game and we can win it. We don't need City to lose 'after' we beat them. It would be as it is with us and Chelsea right now - if City won all their remaining games, apart from one draw and us beating them at Anfield, then it is in our hands.

Lots of 'ifs' but that's how it would have to pan out for us to life number 19.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #104: Mar 23, 2014 11:18:13 am
      If we do go top on Wednesday I think we will go on and do it if we then beat spurs the following Sunday Id be disappointed if we didn't finish as champions. That's how big the next 3 games are for me

Mate, we can't go top Wednesday, we're four points behind the chavs.

I'm not holding my breath but I'll be praying Arsenal try and bounce back after their trouncing to the chavs with a home win against Citeh Sat'day evening.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #105: Mar 23, 2014 11:21:49 am
      Mate, we can't go top Wednesday, we're four points behind the chavs.

I'm not holding my breath but I'll be praying Arsenal try and bounce back after their trouncing to the chavs with a home win against Citeh Sat'day evening.

I posted that Friday in the hope Arsenal could take a point there yesterday, obviously they didn't but like you im hoping pride kicks in and they do city
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #106: Mar 23, 2014 11:23:35 am
      I posted that Friday in the hope Arsenal could take a point there yesterday, obviously they didn't but like you im hoping pride kicks in and they do city

gotcha.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #107: Mar 23, 2014 11:37:32 am
      We can't control what the others do so it's 8 cup finals for me - 5-4; 3-2; 7-6....I'm going to suspend any noise I might want to make about the defence as long as we keep winning.

Win them all and I believe we'll win the league.

Mind if the Scum turning over Citeh or Arsenal felt like growing a pair I wouldn't be averse to that either  ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #108: Mar 23, 2014 11:50:08 am
      City still have to go to United, Everton and Arsenal. They can easily drop points in all three games.

We win all our games and I'm certain we'll win the title. So on to Sunderland we go.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #109: Mar 23, 2014 12:10:13 pm

Are you and manwithnoname having a race to see who can get banned from the forum first?

Why do you have to be so argumentative with everyone?

You do realize that every time we have scored at least 78 goals we have won the league title?  We are on 82 so there's good reason for a bit of optimism that we will win it.

Screw City.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #110: Mar 23, 2014 12:39:47 pm
      I have a feeling City will only manage a draw against Utd, hopefully that could be break we need to push on for the title.
      We've won six in a row now, can we go the rest of the season winning all our games? Its a big ask, and it would be some achievement.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #111: Mar 23, 2014 12:41:40 pm
      Was holding off on voting but just voted us. Think it will come down to us v Chelsea at Anfield and I think it will be better then 2005 and 2007 and we will make them wilt
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #112: Mar 23, 2014 01:04:10 pm

I still am mate.

I just don't want to jinx it and I'm normally not even superstitious.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #113: Mar 23, 2014 01:07:07 pm
      Just want CL qualification first, then to finish in the top 3, so no qualification games for the group stages, when that has been completed, to finish first.

Like Brendan, one game at a time.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #114: Mar 23, 2014 01:08:24 pm
      I still am mate.

I just don't want to jinx it and I'm normally not even superstitious.

Ha ha I know mate its almost like we take responsibility for what happens on the pitch by our actions on here. Im just convinced now though. Our home form is so good and the away games left are all very winnable. Our biigest concern now Is Stevies yellow card peril and if we lost anyone to injury particularly SAS 

Quick Reply