Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v West Ham away?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      9 (5.8%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      7 (4.5%)
      Jon Flanagan
      4 (2.6%)
      Steven Gerrard
      105 (67.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      12 (7.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      3 (1.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      8 (5.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      7 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 154

Voting closed: Apr 12, 2014 06:12:44 pm

West Ham 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight

Read 35140 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: West Ham 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #598: Apr 06, 2014 07:22:56 pm
       a big well done to Our amazing travelling fans, well done

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #599: Apr 06, 2014 07:27:02 pm
      Far better in the second half, the passing was a lot more smooth.

First half was very poor - we couldn't string a few passes together without running into them but Brendan had the nous to change it, and therefore, win the match deservedly. Great management there along with our great mentality.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #600: Apr 06, 2014 07:31:49 pm

He talks with such clarity and assuredness unlike any other manager in the league. Any player listening to him knows this is a man who is in control.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #601: Apr 06, 2014 07:32:52 pm
      And the steam train rides on! Get in you beauty! Not a sublime performance by any stretch but, as Iv said a lot recently, those are the matches we would of lost in seasons gone by. I thought West ham, as miserable a team as they are to watch, did their jobs quite well. Kept tight and didnt give us much room to play ball. We were far from clinical but off days are forgotten fairly quickly when you have 3 points in the bag, and immediately when you are top of the league, AGAIN!

Thought they were lucky with their goal, terrible refereeing all day.

5 games to go, lets hope we keep getting the results.

Gerrard motm for me. Did his job perfectly, didnt get a yellow and had an assist for Suarez's pen. Slotted away nicely. Thought the rest had heavy touches, loose passes and generally didnt play great... but as I said.... WHO CARES WHEN YOUR 1ST!

Get the F**k in!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #602: Apr 06, 2014 07:46:04 pm
      HHmmmmm! cheers for that DMASTA, thought Brendan was a bit to keen on giving reasons for his tactical changes. Sort of gives others a bit of insite into his thinking and strategy. Should have just said, 'Lucas has been out injured for a while, and as we were so in control of the game, thought it was a good time to get him some minutes.'

That would have been enough, and sent out a statement of how confident we are.          Honesty is not always the best policy !
      Need a few sessions with the psychologist Brendan lad.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #603: Apr 06, 2014 07:48:02 pm

You mean you've not done it 11 times already !
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #604: Apr 06, 2014 07:48:40 pm
      Thought Gerrard was a little wary earlier on in the game, but as the game went on I thought he was commanding, our most consistent player this season I hope we win it for Steve alone
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #605: Apr 06, 2014 07:49:34 pm
      With both Everton's comprehensive win over Arsenal and our dogged defeat of West Ham, with City yet to play both of us at home, it must be playing on the minds of their players and manager alike that this year is slowly but surely slipping away from them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #606: Apr 06, 2014 07:51:39 pm
      I thought Sahko was excellent with his distribution today. He's a great player. Did a really good job throughout the whole match
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #607: Apr 06, 2014 07:55:18 pm
      HHmmmmm! cheers for that DMASTA, thought Brendan was a bit to keen on giving reasons for his tactical changes. Sort of gives others a bit of insite into his thinking and strategy. Should have just said, 'Lucas has been out injured for a while, and as we were so in control of the game, thought it was a good time to get him some minutes.'

That would have been enough, and sent out a statement of how confident we are.          Honesty is not always the best policy !
      Need a few sessions with the psychologist Brendan lad.

Don't think it's really a concern - if you are an opposition manager thinking 'why has he made that change' then you shouldn't really be in the game. He's just clarifying what any tactician would think.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #608: Apr 06, 2014 08:02:56 pm
      That took a few years off me that game. Totally as expected from a fatsam side, lump in balls and hope to score in the chaos. We didn't look at sharp as usual up top, so that made it nerve-wracking when defending the chucked in balls. Thought we were strong against Carroll, and in general, did well enough in defense. Up top Stduge had an off day, to a lesser extent Luis who always has a trick up his sleeve. We won it in the middle, Hendo did well, and SG another MOTM performance - was calm in possession and had a few great passes. Lucas did well too - think it was him with the through ball to Flanno for the peno. And SG, nerves of f**king steel to stick away those two penoes - pressure - what pressure? :)
      Sets up the biggie - Shitty next week. The atmosphere will be ELECTRIC. The pressure will be huge. Can we win it - I fully expect to :)  CMON YOU REDMENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #609: Apr 06, 2014 08:13:25 pm
      Another game gone, another 3 points on the board.  Don't care how we get them at this stage of the season, we know we can play beautiful football but as proved by Arsenal it doesn't necessarily win you games everytime.

Have to say it looked at around 60mins that we just weren't going to do it, things weren't going our way, they were brutal and the ref was a joke but we kept our cool and actually started playing and then it was just a matter of time.

Defo pen against Flanno for me, yeah goalie got the ball but he took his ankles as well.  Some great performances today, Stevie my MOTM but I thought Skrtel and Sakho were beasts in defense.  Lucas did very well when he came on, I quite like him playing a more attacking role.  Luis was just Luis but nothing seemed to come off today.

All in all I'm a very happy Red tonight  ;D

kinglenny1892
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #610: Apr 06, 2014 08:21:02 pm
      What a tactician this man is. Don't think him explaining his decisions gives anything away at all. His knowledge and reading of a game is brilliant and he is modest enough to say he is learning all the time too. Great result today. One we would have lost in the past. Loved the way the team huddled round Gerrard at the end too. Magical.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #611: Apr 06, 2014 08:23:07 pm
      We got the 3 points which is all we can ask for in any game, I thought Lucas made a difference when he came on at half time. The ref should seriously think about going back to his day job as he could of cost us dearly today.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #612: Apr 06, 2014 08:24:49 pm
      And The Big Red Machine rolls on , tough day 3 points well done to the lads Skrtel and Stevie were tremendous  ,as for the ref what is it about officials when they do a  Liverpool game I thought it was just that clown Webb but its seems theres plenty more just as inept
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #613: Apr 06, 2014 08:30:33 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #614: Apr 06, 2014 08:30:43 pm
      My man of the match goes to Skrtel, thought he was excellent in dealing with Carroll today. Suarez was a constant threat but thought stopping Carroll practically alters their attacking opportunities.

Proud of the lads today, just wish Suarez would have put one his chances away late on and I'd be £130 richer :-\

P.S. that linesman needs to grow a pair of F***ing balls and stick to his original decision!
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #615: Apr 06, 2014 08:35:45 pm
      Just got done watching a few minutes ago.  That one was tough, but I kind of thought it would not be as easy as last week.  I'd have to go with Gerrard for MOTM as well because of his consistency.  He hit some nice passes and played some nice defense, the two penalties notwithstanding.  I'm a happy camper.  The cat, however, slept through the whole thing, so so much for any involvement he has in results.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #616: Apr 06, 2014 08:38:19 pm
      Great 3 points, championship winning mentality is growing....win next Sunday, send Luis on his pwn in a taxi to Carrow Road, then it is the big one for me...
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #617: Apr 06, 2014 08:39:50 pm

Hope the c**t gets sent to the glue factory after today, c**t would probably sniff himself if turned into glue though
      LFCexiled
      Reply #618: Apr 06, 2014 09:10:56 pm

F**k off gypo.

Not you inert mate. ;)
      NelisLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #619: Apr 06, 2014 09:26:14 pm
      Big big result this! Was unable to watch the game unfortunately. Where can i watch the full game ? Used to watch it on hoofoot.com but they only show highlights nowadays appartently.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #620: Apr 06, 2014 09:27:00 pm
      Quote from InertObject on Today at 08:30:33 PM
      He's done his best to cheat us out of a win, then comes up with that creepy analogy. Does he think we might buy him back if he sucks up enough ?

Quick Reply