Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      (0.9%)
      Johnson
      (0%)
      Skrtel
      (6.4%)
      Sakho
      (0%)
      Flanagan
      (1.7%)
      Henderson
      (0.4%)
      Coutinho
      (32.6%)
      Sterling
      (31.8%)
      Gerrard
      (12.4%)
      Suarez
      (0%)
      Sturridge
      (0.9%)
      Joe Allen
      (0%)
      The Fans
      (12.9%)

Liverpool 3-2 Man City: In-game & post-match hyperventilation

Read 50912 times
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 Man City: In-game & post-match hyperventilation
      Reply #874: Apr 14, 2014 01:36:09 pm
      What a horrible odious man Graeme Poll is,  mr 3 yellow cards  mr swear at me 50 times wayne. How he has the gall to comment on the decisions is incredulous. I thought Mark Clattenburg did a good job yesterday
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #875: Apr 14, 2014 01:36:12 pm
      Flanno's trademark challenge on Milner was a thing of beauty.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #876: Apr 14, 2014 01:37:13 pm
      Motd 2,www.dailymotion.com/video/k6F9XBKME3pBbM6QdyB&start=65  :scarf:
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #877: Apr 14, 2014 01:47:40 pm
      That was as close to Istanbul as I've ever felt. Absolutely breathtaking. I felt my heart almost all the way through the second half. It was quite scary actually. Such emotion and tears in our house. Me, my brother and my dad just arm in arm when little Coutinho reaches from behind himself to steer it home. Unbelievable. Brilliant. Still can't get my head round it.

Lads. Lads. We can have this!!

Now they're gunna believe us.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #878: Apr 14, 2014 02:00:35 pm
      I've just peeled myself off the ceiling and I can never remember a hang-over feeling so good.

Such a great match that played out so many emotions.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #879: Apr 14, 2014 02:05:12 pm
      Happy as a pig in sh*t; elated; euphoric... call it what you want - I love feeling like this. F**k only knows why anyone would go looking for reasons to kill this buzz.

It's great being a Red.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #880: Apr 14, 2014 03:40:51 pm
      Has anybody else heard that apparently some of our own 'bricked' a couple of man city supporters coaches?

Why do one or two knobheads have to ruin everything.

I didn't go yesterday but I thought the game was a brilliant one. Also thought city's fans were superb, joining in you'll never walk alone and bringing banners to honour the 96 and the occasion itself.

I was then disappointed to see the KOP then boo/whistle their players when in possession, it would have been much better just singing fields of anfield road over and over etc.

Then to hear a few coaches were targeted. Really does annoy me.

Sorry to put a downer on things but hope, presuming its true, those responsible are caught and banned for life. Tossers.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #881: Apr 14, 2014 03:53:39 pm
      Has anybody else heard that apparently some of our own 'bricked' a couple of man city supporters coaches?

I didn't go yesterday but I thought the game was a brilliant one. Also thought city's fans were superb, joining in you'll never walk alone and bringing banners to honour the 96 and the occasion itself.

I was then disappointed to see the KOP then boo/whistle their players when in possession, it would have been much better just singing fields of anfield road over and over etc.

Sorry to put a downer on things but hope, presuming its true, those responsible are caught and banned for life. Tossers.

Our fans weren't "booing them". They were trying to create as much pressure as they could. Whistling, screaming, anything to make them feel uncomfortable. Wish we did more of that every week.

Every stand in Anfield clapped Yaya Toure off which shows the respect between players and fans between both teams.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #882: Apr 14, 2014 03:59:02 pm
      Our fans weren't "booing them". They were trying to create as much pressure as they could. Whistling, screaming, anything to make them feel uncomfortable. Wish we did more of that every week.

Every stand in Anfield clapped Yaya Toure off which shows the respect between players and fans between both teams.

The yaya clapping was standard from our supporters. The amount of times I've stood in the Kop clapping opposition players off after they've come to Anfield and won but simply been the better team on the day I've lost count.

Ok, don't agree with the 'whistling' or 'screming' then, A load of bollocks that for me. You can create an atmosphere without doing that.  Because of city's respect for our team, club and supporters before kick off it wasn't a very nice thing to see to be honest and if I had been there yesterday I certainly wouldn't have joined in. I'd be more interested in singing an LFC song than booing Kompany for bringing the ball out from the back etc.

finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #883: Apr 14, 2014 03:59:58 pm
      One City van was bricked that I know of. It was done by local scallies, I've heard rather than our supporters. Doesn't reflect well on the city but such behaviour goes on in many cities.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #884: Apr 14, 2014 04:06:49 pm
      → Reply #149 : April 10, 2014, 10:18:19 AM »
      The thing that Gerrard and Sturridge didn't play the first away match and will be playing this one should be our advantage. Skrtel is at top of his game and Sakho is a WC for me. Should can handle DZeko quite well. Only worry I have is Flanagan though and leaks on his side.
      They'll play an open game but will still be very cautious. We can definitely exploit our speed upfront and Demichelis will be our man of the match.
      Going for a 3 -2 win.

Come on Redmen!! YNWA

Predicted the score... Do I get a shirt or something :D

Well done lads, well done.

Walk on.  WE'LL WIN THE LEAGUE!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #885: Apr 14, 2014 04:10:13 pm
      Because of city's respect for our team, club and supporters before kick off it wasn't a very nice thing to see to be honest and if I had been there yesterday I certainly wouldn't have joined in.

Nice guys don't win mate. 

We needed to use every advantage we could to win yesterday and if putting their players off their stride helped us then I'm all for it.

Yes their respect was appreciated but as soon as that whistle blows it's game on, or would you prefer us to sit back and let them play their game and take the 3 points?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #886: Apr 14, 2014 04:11:13 pm
      One City van was bricked that I know of. It was done by local scallies, I've heard rather than our supporters. Doesn't reflect well on the city but such behaviour goes on in many cities.

One coach had a pane shattered before the match which was threw by a scallie who was in a little gang of scallies not wearing our colours.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #887: Apr 14, 2014 04:22:23 pm
      One coach had a pane shattered before the match which was threw by a scallie who was in a little gang of scallies not wearing our colours.

I'm a foreign scouser so I don't know what is a scally. What is it or rather what are they?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #888: Apr 14, 2014 04:24:28 pm
      I'm a foreign scouser so I don't know what is a scally. What is it or rather what are they?

Usually young kids who like to misbehave is a polite description mate, little sh**s is probably more accurately used  ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #889: Apr 14, 2014 04:28:28 pm

Thing is fella there will always be a select few idiots everywhere it can't and never should be used to judge the masses of respectful and fantastic fans that were there making that one of the finest atmospheres I've heard at Anfield in a long, long time.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #890: Apr 14, 2014 04:31:46 pm
      Nice guys don't win mate. 

We needed to use every advantage we could to win yesterday and if putting their players off their stride helped us then I'm all for it.

Yes their respect was appreciated but as soon as that whistle blows it's game on, or would you prefer us to sit back and let them play their game and take the 3 points?

Id rather be a 'nice guy' and LFC anthems and support my team rather than intimidate the opposition side.

After the way their fans behaved during YNWA and with the Hillsborough referrals I felt a bit disappointed our fans whistled their players that's all im saying. Its not something I personally like to see but hey ho.

Yaya going off and getting the ovation he did was what you'd usually associate with the kop. That was good to see.

Knew the bricking of a city coach would be some scally who probably didn't even go the game but it's still shocking. One little divvy ruining the day.

Because of that one minor incident, facebook, twitter, football forums around are saying how scum we are, always the victim then do things like that.  Really gets on my tits!

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #891: Apr 14, 2014 04:40:11 pm
      Id rather be a 'nice guy' and LFC anthems and support my team rather than intimidate the opposition side.

After the way their fans behaved during YNWA and with the Hillsborough referrals I felt a bit disappointed our fans whistled their players that's all im saying. Its not something I personally like to see but hey ho.

Yaya going off and getting the ovation he did was what you'd usually associate with the kop. That was good to see.

Knew the bricking of a city coach would be some scally who probably didn't even go the game but it's still shocking. One little divvy ruining the day.

Because of that one minor incident, facebook, twitter, football forums around are saying how scum we are, always the victim then do things like that.  Really gets on my tits!

Like I say mate their respect was impeccable but I personally loved the wall of noise when they had the ball.  You hear it all the time abroad, especially in the CL games and for me it added to the atmosphere.

Considering they'd been taking the p**s all week about being intimidated by the Anfield crowd, they deserved everything we threw at them.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #892: Apr 14, 2014 05:29:48 pm
      Don't know if this video has been posted yet ,
       but its  wonderfull from  Sydney Australia

LiverpoolFC vs manchester city 13/04/14 Cheers Bar Sydney Australia
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #893: Apr 14, 2014 05:42:03 pm

I think there is a massive difference between repecting a minutes silence and creating a racket when the opposition have the ball.

If City players can't handle a bit of it so be it.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,634 posts | 3861 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #894: Apr 14, 2014 05:43:26 pm
      Flanno's trademark challenge on Milner was a thing of beauty.

https://vine.co/v/MJXFl0wtmm5

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #895: Apr 14, 2014 05:49:50 pm
      Luis got some slagging off for going down to easily but what about City's little fella going over the top on Flanno and then jumping up like a leaping salmon looking for a penalty and not a single word said.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #896: Apr 14, 2014 05:51:28 pm

head wobble. how many times have you been to Anfield not many because we have been trying to intimidate the opposition since December 1959

Quick Reply