Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Adam Lallana (Southampton)

Read 124045 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Re: Adam Lallana (Southampton)
      Reply #46: Apr 29, 2014 08:13:17 pm
      Clever player - potentially vintage Liverpool type clever I think.

Type of player who sees things, has two good feet and is balanced.

I like him.

Don't care about the price - I care who the manager wants and if BR wants him then that works for me.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #47: Apr 29, 2014 09:07:28 pm
      Haven't watched enough of Southampton this season to make a proper judgement call on him. I do love a player who can use both feet effectively though.

Going to bow to the judgement of others on this one as he seems an extremely popular target.

They love him down here, terrific player who would fit into our team like a glove. He would be an excellent signing. He is two footed, very clever, can take players on, can see a pass and has a few goals in him. £25 million is pricey compared to some of the players available in Europe but you always pay a premium for English players. Given the excellent team spirit in the side this season it would make sense to add to that with a mix of EBritish and foreign players.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #48: Apr 29, 2014 09:20:32 pm
      They love him down here, terrific player who would fit into our team like a glove. He would be an excellent signing. He is two footed, very clever, can take players on, can see a pass and has a few goals in him. £25 million is pricey compared to some of the players available in Europe but you always pay a premium for English players. Given the excellent team spirit in the side this season it would make sense to add to that with a mix of EBritish and foreign players.

Agree with you mate and if Brendan wants him I'm all for it. Like you say £25m gets you a lot these days and seems pricey for a guy that I have slight worry of the 1 season wonder tag but that is only very slight.

Guessing there'll be plenty more in for him though.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #49: Apr 29, 2014 09:30:40 pm
      Agree with you mate and if Brendan wants him I'm all for it. Like you say £25m gets you a lot these days and seems pricey for a guy that I have slight worry of the 1 season wonder tag but that is only very slight.

Guessing there'll be plenty more in for him though.

The one season wonder tag is probably a bit unfair on the lad, he has been playing seem excellent football for a number of years, including last season in the Premier League having cut his teeth in the Div 1 and the Championship for a few seasons. It would not surprise me to see him start for England in the World Cup this summer. I particularly like the idea of him playing in The diamond we've been using for much of this season because he is as hardworking as he is skillful and Pochetino has his players press the ball even more than Brendan.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #50: Apr 29, 2014 09:56:12 pm
      He's a good player for sure, and if media to be believed wants to come to LFC ahead of Utd and Chelsea.  That is exactly what we want to hear, hopefully more players will feel the same.
      Is he worth 25mill - not sure.
      We are in a great position. Title challengers. In CL. Play great football. Wonderful club and fans.  We should have better array of choices this summer. Kid in a sweetshop type situation hopefully :)
      Also depends on money we have to spend, what positions we think are priority etc. - all should be considered before signing guys up.
      Still think defensive midfielder, full backs, and another good striker are top of the list.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #51: Apr 29, 2014 09:57:32 pm
      Class player.

Sign him up.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #52: Apr 29, 2014 10:19:43 pm
      Supposedly Rickie Lambert blabbed it out that its a done deal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #53: Apr 29, 2014 10:24:43 pm
      Supposedly Rickie Lambert blabbed it out that its a done deal.

If this was to happen then I bet Lambert would be excited and gutted all at once :D.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #54: Apr 30, 2014 02:05:15 am
      25 mill seems a lot but factor in the English player premium and most importantly premier league experience, I say get this done asap.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #55: Apr 30, 2014 07:26:33 am
      Are spurs in for him yet?

That's not even a joke anymore is it?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #56: Apr 30, 2014 08:49:33 am
      Are spurs in for him yet?

That's not even a joke anymore is it?

The only difference is now, who the F**k would choose them over us these days?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #57: Apr 30, 2014 08:55:07 am
      The only difference is now, who the F**k would choose them over us these days?

Aye, it's the same with them lot down the lancs, why would you choose to sign for a managerless team? It can only be for financial reasons. Imagine signing for them and then the owl leaves england after the world cup and he's your new manager, I s'pose top dollar would ease the pain of doing boring training for a couple of hours a day.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #58: Apr 30, 2014 09:26:50 am
      I see some are getting their knickers in a twist over the 'price' already.

If you rate him and would like him here, Brendan rates him and wants him here then what does it matter what FSG pay to get him here?

They will only pay what they feel he is worth.
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2014 09:54:08 am by srslfc »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #59: Apr 30, 2014 09:51:15 am
      Lallana has learned his trade the old fashioned way, coming through the ranks and leagues, proving himself more than capable along the way. He's played in a team which plays football and shines. At 26 he'll be just hitting his prime. I see him as a skillful, versatile and intelligent player who ain't afraid to put a shift in - someone who fits 'the profile'. As such I see this as a 'goer'.

Tell you what; a while back a few posters would have been going ape-sh*t at the thought of us signing 'another English player'. It'll be nice to talk about this lad's ability free from the repetitive noise of wailing and gnashing of teeth in that respect at least.  8)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #60: Apr 30, 2014 11:08:19 am
      Not too bothered about the price, I think Lallana is quality and would be a perfect fit for us. He's a versatile, clever player with two good feet and I think he'd relish linking up with our current attack.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #61: Apr 30, 2014 01:05:29 pm
      Seen him recently and jsut tought to myself hes a Liverpool type player. Would love to get him here
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #62: Apr 30, 2014 01:48:40 pm
      Seen him recently and jsut tought to myself hes a Liverpool type player. Would love to get him here

Yep.

Also a Brendan type player as well Brian. Good on the ball, hard working, plays a number of positions.

I struggle to see how anyone could see this as a bad signing.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #63: Apr 30, 2014 02:04:31 pm
      Sign him up before the World Cup.

Then we can watch half the Liverpool team playing ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #64: Apr 30, 2014 02:15:42 pm
      If Southampton want to stick to anything approaching their valuation of the lad.....absolutely no F***ing chance of us getting a sniff.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #65: Apr 30, 2014 02:54:12 pm
      Lallana is ok since he is fit but i think a little injury prone. If he goes to Brazil he'll get more experienced so he more easily is going to adjust and cope with the higher standards of the new season (his and his new club's ).
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #66: Apr 30, 2014 03:41:12 pm
      if we do go in for him, he would sign for us i reckon. he won't go city or chelsea as he won't start. arsenal don't need him as their midfield is full with similar players. united and spurs can't offer him champs league

he'd give up a few bucks to play regularly in a "champion's league" club. those two sweet words attract players like bears to honey, or wolves to a gazelle, men to p....you get the idea...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #67: Apr 30, 2014 03:50:32 pm
      Lallana is ok since he is fit but i think a little injury prone.

There must be more than 1 Lallana in the Premier League because you surely can't be on about Adam.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #68: Apr 30, 2014 04:37:59 pm
      Cannot believe the price would be 25m.

Quick Reply