Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

In trouble with the missus

Read 5792 times
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      In trouble with the missus
      Apr 27, 2014 01:54:17 am
      Quick and easy(move this to where ever you want).Every Sunday family has been dictated around L.F.C. being on T.V. Came to a head Sunday of the "City game when my lovely wife and 2nd baby where due home from the hospital. I was there from 9 that morning waiting for both to get out and come home. Lunchtime came and we where told ,she'd have to stay one more night(nothing serious)just to rest. I pissed right off home to see the game. Fine for that,but then Norwich last Sunday,Chelsea tomorrow etc,etc im 40 on the last day of the season(im 40 on the day) when we win the league we are never off the telly......is that neglect? By the way she has tried this last month to get me a flight over to Liverpool but no joy for my B'day. Long piece of piss i know but is anyone else in the doghouse.........haha. 
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2014 08:57:11 am by JD, Reason: Typo title »
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Re: In troube with the missus
      Reply #1: Apr 27, 2014 02:05:51 am
      Not really.  With the five hour time difference the games are on in the morning here.  If it's a Saturday game I watch it in the morning and then we have the whole day left to do whatever.  She's always got these group exercise classes on Saturday mornings anyway, so a lot of times she's at her class when I'm watching the game.  For the Sunday games I set the DVR and watch the game when I get home from church, but she has another class after church on Sundays, so once again I'm watching it by myself anyway.  The Norwich game and the City game were exceptions.  They were on early enough that I watched them live before going to church.  Tomorrow will be weird.  I will have to leave for church right around the start of the second half, so I'm wondering if I watch the first half live and the second half on the DVR when I get home, or just watch the entire game after church on the DVR. 
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #2: Apr 27, 2014 02:18:57 am
      Youre not really getting the point. New born baby came along,mammy due out ,but told hang on everything is fine but lets wait a few hours......so i pissed off to watch the game......?????????
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #3: Apr 27, 2014 02:50:58 am
      Ok, I got you.  I was kind of responding to the part about being in the doghouse.  I've been kind of close a few times with sitting up watching vast amounts of sports late at night over here.  Sometimes I have to blow off a game and spend some time with her.  Your situation would be a bit different.  Here the games are all streamed and there is a phone and tablet app you can use to watch the streams.  I'll bet it would have even worked in a hospital.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Apr 27, 2014 03:57:46 am
      Not really.  With the five hour time difference the games are on in the morning here.  If it's a Saturday game I watch it in the morning and then we have the whole day left to do whatever.  She's always got these group exercise classes on Saturday mornings anyway, so a lot of times she's at her class when I'm watching the game.  For the Sunday games I set the DVR and watch the game when I get home from church, but she has another class after church on Sundays, so once again I'm watching it by myself anyway.  The Norwich game and the City game were exceptions.  They were on early enough that I watched them live before going to church.  Tomorrow will be weird.  I will have to leave for church right around the start of the second half, so I'm wondering if I watch the first half live and the second half on the DVR when I get home, or just watch the entire game after church on the DVR. 

Rest assured if you left or missed church to watch the Mighty Liverpool Football Club you have committed no sins. Bill, Bob and Joe will fix it with the big feller upstairs for you.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #5: Apr 27, 2014 04:04:22 am
      Rest assured if you left or missed church to watch the Mighty Liverpool Football Club you have committed no sins. Bill, Bob and Joe will fix it with the big feller upstairs for you.

I have no doubt they're pestering Him for a bit of favor tomorrow.  Skipping services isn't really a good option for me since I'm one of the musicians. 
      Jesterkevin
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 27, 2014 07:59:23 am
      Just point out that 1 in 3 marriages end in divorce these days whereas support for a football team is for life. Best to let her know where she stands in the grand scheme of things ;-)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7: Apr 27, 2014 08:30:32 am
      I missed a match a few weeks back to "watch a romantic movie" with the wife. Apparently you're not supposed to sit with your phone in your hand checking the live match thread throughout the movie!! How was I to know?
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #8: Apr 27, 2014 08:31:56 am
      Is it F**k neglect,you have supported Liverpool since what?,6/7,so 34/3yrs.
      If anything that support intensifies over the barren yrs we have experienced in pursuit of the title.
      Now I've had run ins with the missus over football but when we got together she knew full well of my devotion to all things LFC.
      Even this year of all years I have spoke to my missus about Hillsborough which she has took on board and understands the significance of this year.
      And to be honest I think she would rather have me out of the house as I drive her up the wall pacing around with 5.live on.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Apr 27, 2014 08:43:39 am
      Liverpool comes first in everything my friend, at least until the end of the season.  It's not like you could have done anything by staying at the hospital, after all she needed rest and she wouldn't have had that with you pacing up and down wondering how the game was going  ;D

Treat her to something nice, grovel if need be, it's only 3 more games but you might want to try encouraging her to become a fan for next season as it'll be 2 games a week whilst we're in the CL  ;)
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #10: Apr 27, 2014 08:45:10 am
      Told the missus we were having a few beers today instead of the usual drive in, things went very cold!!. Early train into town, on to the game and then back into town. In a round a bout type of way tried to explain why these last few games of THIS season were so important, fell on deaf ears. Relationship six weeks old, not a truer word said Jester Kevin she may aswell know where she stands. WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Re: In trouble with the missus
      Reply #11: Apr 27, 2014 09:07:51 am
      Missus wanted to go out for lunch today ,soon as i said no her reply was i bet they are on again ,yep came the reply and if i feel ok i might even go out to the pub ,little moan then she was fine ,whats been said above you got to let them know early that they really are your second love   :f_whistle:
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #12: Apr 27, 2014 09:21:18 am
      MY wife always watches the soaps (Benders Corrie and Emmerdale) In exchange I ALWAYS get to watch the Reds live. (no recordings for me unless we're heading back to the uk).
      She knows my devotion to the church of Anfield comes before ANYTHING else on tv !
      COYR!
      WE GO AGAIN `!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,878 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #13: Apr 27, 2014 09:26:57 am
      There is 2 things I told my wife before I got married.

I smoke weed and I follow Liverpool Football Club religiously. If anything you have planned interferes with either, let's not get married.  ;D

We've been married 12 years.  ;D
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #14: Apr 27, 2014 10:37:08 am
      My mates arl man used to say he was going out for the paper and F**k off for a few nights following us in Europe, that tends to land you in the doghouse.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #15: Apr 27, 2014 10:39:34 am
       >:(
      There is 2 things I told my wife before I got married.

I smoke weed and I follow Liverpool Football Club religiously. If anything you have planned interferes with either, let's not get married.  ;D

We've been married 12 years.  ;D

Nice one  Aussie  l like that 
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #16: Apr 27, 2014 10:49:44 am
      i send my wife google calendar with lfc matches so she know when i am free:)

lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #17: Apr 27, 2014 10:50:05 am
      Mate, tell me about it.

The Palace game is on her birthday.

I'm like an evil baddie in a movie trying to think up a plan.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #18: Apr 27, 2014 10:52:11 am
      I missed a match a few weeks back to "watch a romantic movie" with the wife. Apparently you're not supposed to sit with your phone in your hand checking the live match thread throughout the movie!! How was I to know?

Sky Go, apparently isn't a good thing to have on through the movie either.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19: Apr 27, 2014 11:16:35 am
      Mate... I don't even let my good lady into the same room as me when I'm watching the Reds. She thought I was joking at first but now she knows I think she's a blink and just accepts it. Been together 29 years btw.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #20: Apr 27, 2014 11:55:02 am

I've done exactly that for the last couple of weeks. ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #21: Apr 27, 2014 12:02:12 pm
      It's my good lady's nephew's holy communion at 11 on the 11th, followed by lunch at her brother's house which is about 40 minutes away.

It has been made very clear to all parties that we will be in the car on the way home by 1pm at the latest.

Non negotiable - the alternative being I play the atheist card and just don't go.

Sorted  >:D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #22: Apr 27, 2014 12:08:10 pm
      It's my good lady's nephew's holy communion at 11 on the 11th, followed by lunch at her brother's house which is about 40 minutes away.

It has been made very clear to all parties that we will be in the car on the way home by 1pm at the latest.

Non negotiable - the alternative being I play the atheist card and just don't go.

Sorted  >:D

Even the most carefully laid plans come unstuck mate  >:D

Quick Reply