Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Everyone thinks this is our BEST chance to win the PL?

Read 4637 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Everyone thinks this is our BEST chance to win the PL?
      Reply #23: Apr 28, 2014 08:13:23 pm
      With the right signings, I believe we'll have more opportunities in the near future, more than when Rafa was in charge. Whether it's next season or the season after next, I can see us being up there on a consistent basis and challenging.

We have some exceptional kids coming through, a young team, back in champions league (able to attract better players) and more experience.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #24: Apr 28, 2014 08:26:26 pm
      We will need investment as well as youth coming through, but will we get enough investment......
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25: Apr 28, 2014 10:21:20 pm
      Ladies. & Gentlepersons this is only the beginning,
      We have genuinely over achieved with our small but very adequate squad,
      There is no doubt that without the endurance of midweek football we have had a very slight advantage over those who had, but only when we played them after a midweek match, bet that didn't happen to often if at all,

I think we will only get better and better, add 3/4 top quality individuals in the correct positions and bring in our loan players, and of course promote one or two young academy lads suddenly our squad looks strong,

Let them all think what they want, who f***in cares  ?
      I bet deep down that they are worried we continue to improve, because it threatens there chances and know that we are miles better than them , in a word the are f***in brickin it already,

I can see us right up there again fighting for the title for the foreseeable future,

Next season we will be fighting on four fronts, people reckon that will hamper us, for me it will be the making of us,

Young team plying their trade in the best league on the planet, coupled with gaining experience in the biggest club competition on the planet , a young manager another year experienced in the EPL cutting his teeth in the CL without fear,

Just watch what happens, I'm betting we thrive in the CL, we are a unknown entity , foreign clubs will not cope with the pace and power we have especially the earlier rounds ,

To those who don't see us as a working progress,

BE AFRAID , BE VERY AFRAID!!!!!!!'

YNWA
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #26: Apr 28, 2014 10:30:21 pm
      This is the best chance we've seen in a while, but it won't be the last.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #27: Apr 28, 2014 10:35:42 pm
      Don't think anyone is doubting we will improve, another Summer for Hendo, Studge, Coutinho, Flanno, Sakho and my personal favourite Sterling will see all those improve massively. We have to do though:

Man City: Seem to have a capable manager now as oppose to a bit of a loon and of course will spend some more Mansour millions.
      Arsenal: They'll actually buy a striker, everyone can see they're really lacking in that department. I think they've also been quite unlucky with injuries this season, especially to Walcott and Ramsey. They could well win the F.A. Cup and get into the CL so they'll have the chance to invest again and now the debt from the stadium is disappearing I suspect they will.
      Chelsea: They'll buy a striker or 4 and on top of that squad that will improve them without doubt, a Costa there (which looks guaranteed) will be a tough nut to crack.
      Spurs: I'm not particularly bothered about them, they need a manager first of all and I suspect it will be another transition season for them.
      Everton: Martinez appears to know what he's doing but they're going to lose plenty if they can't secure the likes of Lukaku and Deulofeu. If they don't get CL footy either they wont be investing too much as always and I think we can keep them at arms length.
      United: They're of course the strange one because if they do go out and grab a decent manager and spend £200m well then it could propel them back up there, but here's hoping for plenty of Bebes!

So yeah we'll improve but with the heavier work load absolutely have to. Get this Summer right and we we can start to think about buying a few accessories for our perch because we'll be back there for a while.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #28: Apr 29, 2014 01:40:55 am
      It's easily been our best in the Premier League (so far), but will it be 'the best' in the long run? It's hard to say unless you own a crystal ball.

We'll strengthen in the summer, with or without the title and I can only see us getting better. As previously noted, our rivals will definitely throw their weight around in the transfer market. I wouldn't worry too much about depth, we have quite a few lads on their way back who will be hungry, and will play their part(s) when the time is right.

It's going to be an interesting finish to the current campaign, no doubt.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #29: Apr 29, 2014 02:29:27 am
      If there is anything that this season has shown us, it's that this exact question is highly unpredictable.

Far too many variables here to be able to forecast anything with any kind of solidarity in the answer.

Based on speculation, I think that we'll have many more opportunities to win in the future. We've got a quality manager, many flourishing prospects (Sterling, Hendo, Flanno, etc), indications for our owners to reasonably desire to invest and more money will be coming in so hopefully we'll improve the squad and clear away some deadwood, and a reinstilled belief in the club and the fortress that is Anfield from top to bottom.

But like I said up top, who knows really? Football is a very unpredictable game.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #30: Apr 29, 2014 02:32:32 am
      If they think this is the height of our and Brendan's ambition, well, they can go F**k themselves.

We've got the best manager in the league - everything falls into place after that.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #31: Apr 29, 2014 03:00:57 am
      It's a great chance to win the PL. I am sure there will be others.

Chelsea: Abramovich wanted glamour an glitz when he took them over. Now he realises the infinite sink of a not greatly supported team, needs to get results to stay solvent. Mourinho is back to but for how long. It won't be like last time. They can't outspend Citeh. If we win or city win this season, is Mourinho's season branded a failure? What then?

Man City: How much better can they get. It seems teams like them and chelsea, just churn out results on the basis of their deep squads. Hardly inspiring for the players. They have a huge squad now, same next year.

Arsenal: death throes under Wenger, hanging on for fair play or something to cut them loose. It won't happen.

Tottenham: If they get Rafa or Klopp or even Martinez; managers who can work with restricted budgets maybe. But they won't get them.

Everton: Don't have the money.

Man Utd: Haven't got the money of Chelsea or City, have got a defence needing a major overhaul and are pinning their collective hopes of Louis 'wreck the place' Van Gaal. I think they will struggle.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #32: Apr 29, 2014 03:43:52 am
      This is the way I look at this season.

We have been the fresh air.

Maureen and Chelsea are the cancer.

Man City are the cigarettes.

Man Utd are the AIDS, used to be a big thing, people got wise.

We are the fresh air.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #33: Apr 29, 2014 10:52:13 am
      Everyone will spend money.
      But equally everyone may buy a Fellani, a Torres, a Robinho or indeed a Carroll. Certain clubs might spend £100m and have little to show for it.

Biggest worry for me next season is that we are going to be sending 5-6 English players to the World cup, the majority of whom have been used to taking the summer off. Early season burn out is a risk.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #34: Apr 29, 2014 10:55:55 am
      l just hope in my life time we win pleague, feel really piss off if we lose league on goal difference, and other teams be lot better nextyear, l feel luis be in real madrid next season, but if we get right players in summer hopeful be up their again nextseason, l feel like it be death in family if we dont win these year, lt hurt so bad, l taught for 96 and things like bit luck were going our way, maybe we never win pleague, anyhow life will go on
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #35: Apr 29, 2014 10:57:42 am
      l understand few players be in world cup, but they wont need prseason so they can get few weeks off after world cup

Quick Reply