Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Palace away?

Simon Mignolet
      5 (4.5%)
      Glen Johnson
      2 (1.8%)
      Jon Flanagan
      3 (2.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (0.9%)
      Steven Gerrard
      5 (4.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      52 (46.4%)
      Raheem Sterling
      13 (11.6%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      3 (2.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      27 (24.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: May 10, 2014 10:39:59 pm

Crystal Palace 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Assistance

Read 52290 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: Crystal Palace 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Assistance
      Reply #1058: May 06, 2014 10:56:04 am
      If there is any justice in this footballing world, Aston Villa will win 2-0 at the Etihad tomorrow ;)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1059: May 06, 2014 10:58:00 am
      Still can't get the game out of my head. Didn't have time to read latest entries, but will do later. Need to snap out of it, but it ain't easy.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1060: May 06, 2014 11:01:27 am
      Still stunned still dont believe it happenned so no point in giving a view on it yet

Numb
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1061: May 06, 2014 11:05:05 am
      If you think we feel bad, then just imagine what the players are going through. They must be beyond devastated.

We should take the good with the bad though and be grateful.

Fulham were relegated for first time in years. I feel for their fans
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1062: May 06, 2014 11:08:32 am
      As much as this hurts, we've still come on leaps & bounds this season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1063: May 06, 2014 11:10:37 am
      No DM in the January window.
      Defence has been an issue throughout.
      One day we were going to get caught.

Last two matches are unforgiveable. Theyve more than cost us.
      BR said we had lessons to learn from the Chavs. We had lessons to learn to close off a 3 goal lead.
      Mockery.
      Im angry.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #1064: May 06, 2014 11:15:23 am
      You're lucky you're just angry I got a Flippin migraine at wee hours of the morning and woke up with one too, gone down now thankfully.
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #1065: May 06, 2014 11:24:07 am
      I felt nothing after the match last night, for some reason I expected something to go wrong. I didn't really even get
      excited until we went 3-0 up. Can't explain why.

Then about 30 minutes after the match I got a call that a friend of mine had been killed in a motorbike accident. One of the
      things it made me think about is all the enjoyment I've had from football. He was a united supporter but we always had good
      banter about it. When you read some of the stuff that people say about players after matches, and then you look at things like
      that it makes you realise.

Our small squad have done us proud this season, there are not enough great players in the squad and there is a certain tiredness
      creeping into the team now. But they have done fantastically well and made us dream. Its not over yet and there is always hope.

We just have to pick ourselves up and win our last game. Hopefully the supporters in the stadium will sign off on the season on
      a high. And maybe, just maybe there is another freak result in this year to come.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1066: May 06, 2014 11:25:22 am

That game was almost a microcosm of our season; some excellent football, and some not so good defending that ultimately costs us points.

Indeed and a look at the goals for and against tells you all need to know:

1   Liverpool   F 99  A 49
                    2    Citeh        F 96  A 37
                    3   Chelski       F 69  A 26

speaking as a fisherman it's comparable to trying to land a fish with a F***ing big gaping hole in your landing net.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1067: May 06, 2014 11:40:28 am
      If i remember correctly all players get an end of Season bonus based on their finishing position in the League? Don't quote me on this but i know for a fact it happened with the Swans last Season, so i'm assuming it's across the board?

Let's just hope Weimann or Carroll need some extra cash for beer and fags.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1068: May 06, 2014 12:01:40 pm
      I'm still reeling from that result as well but I'm consoling myself with the following facts:

1) It's still not over, Citeh can still f**k up against Villa or West Ham
      2) We've had a brilliant season which has given so much joy to all of us.
      3) We are in the CL next season!!
      4) WE ARE BACK!!!!!

:aaliverpoolwz0:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1069: May 06, 2014 12:07:23 pm
      I just have one conclusion from last night.

ABSOLUTELY hate Monday Night Football. It has never been good for us except I think Maxi's hat trick at Craven Cottage
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1070: May 06, 2014 12:09:51 pm
      didn't we have similar result against QPR with Kenny a couple of seasons back. A bloke called Alan Hansen is finishing with the BBC this year if Brendan asks Kenny to have a word with him we have the perfect defensive coach one which was part of a defense that let in 16 league goals in a 42 game season
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1071: May 06, 2014 12:12:11 pm
      Let's just hope Weimann or Carroll need some extra cash for beer and fags.

Let's not forget that Kevin Nolan's a staunch Red, I can see him giving Carroll a few good assists and storming into their box for a few.

Lets F***ing have it!

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1072: May 06, 2014 01:00:33 pm
      A bloke called Alan Hansen is finishing with the BBC this year if Brendan asks Kenny to have a word with him we have the perfect defensive coach one which was part of a defense that let in 16 league goals in a 42 game season

that would be the most inspiring signing of the summer. and carra...why is that good for nothing, lazy sunnovagun not on our defensive coaching staff?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1073: May 06, 2014 03:06:41 pm
      CRYSTAN - FU**ING - BUL .
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1074: May 06, 2014 03:08:57 pm
      There is some crap coming out in the media! Aside from the journalists stirring... it's the professionals that are doing my head in.

Spurs tweeting a mock video about the reds.
      Man City players all tweeting away and getting over excited.
      Huth coming out saying Suarez should have a 3 match ban for crying.

Everyone out there wanting Liverpool to slip up.

Then there's the Man Utd fans who have completely forgotten about their club this season and are sharing every mockery image they can.

What a day... well.. it's not over yet.

But even if, we will get stronger for next season!! Looking forward to it already.

I wouldn't expect anything less from any of those people. Prototypical cu*ts, the lot of them.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #1075: May 06, 2014 03:25:56 pm
      I just have one conclusion from last night.

ABSOLUTELY hate Monday Night Football. It has never been good for us except I think Maxi's hat trick at Craven Cottage

Same here mate we're bloody cursed on a Monday nght
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #1076: May 06, 2014 03:26:18 pm
      Still stunned still dont believe it happenned so no point in giving a view on it yet

Numb

I'll echo that mate,honestly not felt this down after a match since 89 Michael thomas
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1077: May 06, 2014 04:01:02 pm
      This is my first  reaction here from yesterday
      Very much still feeling down and shocked after that, still cannot believe it happened
      we lost 5 points(and the title for me) in 2 crazy games in which we could not cope with and yesterday's was the craziest
       I think the players feeled , after the 2nd goal that we could go up and score as much as they wanted and went for it, (and I for one was feeling the same while watching ), than it started happening ,
      Never in my mind I realized that we could concede 3 goals in 12 minutes when we could have scored 3/4 more ourselves

I can imagine the players , more devastated  than us fans
       just hope they (and us ) will get over this the quickest way possible and finish the season with a good win at home 2 finish 2nd after an amazing PL run

Some media and pundits are saying this was LIVERPOOL chance, cause LFC will have it tougher next season
       Its true it will be tougher, but I don't agree with this was the only chance, with some new crucial additions to the squad we will be there fighting at top again next year,

YNWA
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1078: May 06, 2014 04:03:20 pm
      Still feel sick after that result. But let's face facts we needed a result against the Chavs more than last night. To claw back the goal difference on City was always a tall order. We had a great run playing the most exciting football in the league on the way and were still in with a slight if improbable chance of winning the league. Our young squad and manager will gain a lot of experience and wisdom from this season and especially nights like last night to carry forth to the next. My heart goes out to Stevie above all he will take it harder than anyone else. Let's put it behind us and reflect on our achievements this season then go out Sunday and play like we have all season with skill, passion and bravery. And who knows maybe the football gods will smile down on us again. YNWA.
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2014 04:19:42 pm by bazspeedman »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #1079: May 06, 2014 04:05:04 pm
      There is some crap coming out in the media! Aside from the journalists stirring... it's the professionals that are doing my head in.

Spurs tweeting a mock video about the reds.
      Man City players all tweeting away and getting over excited.
      Huth coming out saying Suarez should have a 3 match ban for crying.

Everyone out there wanting Liverpool to slip up.

Then there's the Man Utd fans who have completely forgotten about their club this season and are sharing every mockery image they can.

What a day... well.. it's not over yet.

But even if, we will get stronger for next season!! Looking forward to it already.

To be fair, we have a right laugh at the likes of Spurs, United, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, etc when they slip up.  Enrique branded Chelsea anti-football and applauded their exit from the CL at the hands of Atletico.  We've all been laughing at the scummers this season, and who hasn't enjoyed seeing Arsene Wengers dejected look as his side went from 1st to 4th in a matter of weeks?! 

My Manc friend sent me a Vine clip of our capitulation in the last 2 games, and it was hilarious!!  Sometimes you have to laugh off your own misfortunes.  If you let them haunt you then you will never know the end of the suffering....
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1080: May 06, 2014 05:02:09 pm
      Mark my words, there WILL be another twist yet. No way on Gods earth are City going to win two games 3-0 and cruise to the title, this season isn't destined to end like that. Something, somewhere will happen and we WILL have cause to hope again. I don't know what it is, and I'm not even saying that in the end we will win it, but something will happen which throws a spanner in the works.

Maybe Villa will go 2-0 up tomorrow night, maybe City will get a player sent off and have to go with 10, maybe it'll be a draw tomorrow night and go right down to the wire I don't know, but it'll be something. The only absolute nailed on 100% certainty is that we WILL beat Newcastle.

At least for a while though, the title will be back on. Don't know where and how, but it will.

Quick Reply