Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Palace away?

Simon Mignolet
      5 (4.5%)
      Glen Johnson
      2 (1.8%)
      Jon Flanagan
      3 (2.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (0.9%)
      Steven Gerrard
      5 (4.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      52 (46.4%)
      Raheem Sterling
      13 (11.6%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      3 (2.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      27 (24.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: May 10, 2014 10:39:59 pm

Crystal Palace 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Assistance

Read 52291 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Crystal Palace 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Assistance
      Reply #1081: May 06, 2014 05:08:00 pm
      I also have an odd feeling that it may not be over just yet, it's been a little while since Citeh had a stinker of a game, maybe they are getting a bit cocky and over confident.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #1082: May 06, 2014 05:08:40 pm
      City only need 4 pts though, we need them to lose 1 of their two remaining games, it could happen!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #1083: May 06, 2014 05:11:39 pm
      "moses" what the f**k does he ever offer in game.

Blame the dude that came in and still tried to make something happen.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #1084: May 06, 2014 05:12:41 pm
      It's over boys. Accept it. I have.

I will still support my beloved LFC but for this season it is sadly all over.

The funny thing is that we didn't learn from the Chavs game. We should have at least shut shop after 3-0.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1085: May 06, 2014 05:20:00 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27290532

Under Uefa's FFP rules, clubs can lose no more than £37m over the previous two seasons.
      City posted combined losses of almost £149m for the past two seasons - £97m in 2012 and £51.6m in 2013.

City facing a £ 50 million Fair Play Fine and all sorts of other sh*t.

Why not a points deduction then  ..... ?

Moo Ha Ha

NO SURRENDER !
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #1086: May 06, 2014 05:24:47 pm
      It's over boys. Accept it. I have.

I will still support my beloved LFC but for this season it is sadly all over.

The funny thing is that we didn't learn from the Chavs game. We should have at least shut shop after 3-0.

It's not over, but it is a long shot.  Don't hold your breath, but also don't lose hope.  Hope is what keeps us all kicking on :)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1087: May 06, 2014 05:25:35 pm
      We should have at least shut shop after 3-0.

I hope you mean 3-1 because at 3-0 we looked like we could easily have gone on scored many more, if you don't there's an awful lot of hindsight factored into your assessment. In fact we created chance after chance for 20 minutes but just couldn't get another one that was cruel and to only draw the game after such dominance was heartbreaking.

We did lose the plot for 10 minutes, there's no doubt about that and Brendan probably would in the future sub on Agger rather than Moses but had Moses buried that chance right at the death things would have also been quite different.

The main thing is the lads and Brendan use this experience and learn from it because despite what everyone is trying to tell us about this being our best chance, which I tend to agree with, it most certainly wont be our only chance. We'll be back next year of that I've no doubt, if we wanted to tip the scales in favour of the league we can put out weakened sides in all other competitions (not that I condone that). Man United will once again have another manager in charge that isn't Slur Alco, Spurs will be changing at the top again, this time without £100m to spend. Arsenal will once again be faxing off bids that increase by the penny until Wenger has to finally cry and open what he believes is his wallet. City may not buy too many players due to fines and the watchful eye of big brother (hopeful) which then leaves Chelsea. Chelsea will be the biggest threat next year, despite his cuntist tactics they've only been a striker short of having a true quality side, I hope they fall to bits, have massive infighting and any signing they make proves to be a massive failure but besides them we may just have as good a chance this time next year.

I also believe we'll spend quite a lot this Summer, the stadium debt has been removed from the books (we've been assured). The T.V. money, the C.L. money, FSG should stick to their words and plough that money straight into investment of the squad and I'm hopeful we might actually see some quality enter the ranks. If anything we're the stalking horse, we're the ones steadily improving and you should always back those that can continually improve because they surprise the most people, should be a great year for us.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #1088: May 06, 2014 05:32:32 pm
      I hope you mean 3-1 because at 3-0 we looked like we could easily have gone on scored many more, if you don't there's an awful lot of hindsight factored into your assessment. In fact we created chance after chance for 20 minutes but just couldn't get another one that was cruel and to only draw the game after such dominance was heartbreaking.

We did lose the plot for 10 minutes, there's no doubt about that and Brendan probably would in the future sub on Agger rather than Moses but had Moses buried that chance right at the death things would have also been quite different.

The main thing is the lads and Brendan use this experience and learn from it because despite what everyone is trying to tell us about this being our best chance, which I tend to agree with, it most certainly wont be our only chance. We'll be back next year of that I've no doubt, if we wanted to tip the scales in favour of the league we can put out weakened sides in all other competitions (not that I condone that). Man United will once again have another manager in charge that isn't Slur Alco, Spurs will be changing at the top again, this time without £100m to spend. Arsenal will once again be faxing off bids that increase by the penny until Wenger has to finally cry and open what he believes is his wallet. City may not buy too many players due to fines and the watchful eye of big brother (hopeful) which then leaves Chelsea. Chelsea will be the biggest threat next year, despite his cuntist tactics they've only been a striker short of having a true quality side, I hope they fall to bits, have massive infighting and any signing they make proves to be a massive failure but besides them we may just have as good a chance this time next year.

I also believe we'll spend quite a lot this Summer, the stadium debt has been removed from the books (we've been assured). The T.V. money, the C.L. money, FSG should stick to their words and plough that money straight into investment of the squad and I'm hopeful we might actually see some quality enter the ranks. If anything we're the stalking horse, we're the ones steadily improving and you should always back those that can continually improve because they surprise the most people, should be a great year for us.

Yup, I give you at 3-1.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1089: May 06, 2014 05:41:20 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27290532

Under Uefa's FFP rules, clubs can lose no more than £37m over the previous two seasons.
      City posted combined losses of almost £149m for the past two seasons - £97m in 2012 and £51.6m in 2013.

City facing a £ 50 million Fair Play Fine and all sorts of other sh*t.

Why not a points deduction then  ..... ?

Moo Ha Ha

NO SURRENDER !

£50 million fine? That's spare change down the back of the sofa for Mansour. F***ing ridiculous - won't make a blind bit of difference and those human rights abusing scum will continue to ruin football.

As for yesterday, a wee positive note that Joe Allen was exceptional. He was evidence of the sort of depth and quality we need when someone like Henderson is out, but away from home he has been far superior to Coutinho (who is blitzing at home). Fantastic player - how anyone could criticise him as a Liverpool player now, I don't know. He'll become a very important player for us no doubt.

High time we sold Lucas though - so inferior to Allen, Hendo, Gerrard, Coutinho.. it's a joke.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1090: May 06, 2014 06:16:18 pm
      How Much flak is everyone gonna get at work today? It's not gonna be pretty

I've even got an 80s she'll suit dumped on my desk a few weeks ago, I promised I'd wear if for the whole day IF we won the title.

Still reeling from last night.

In hindsight it can be tricky playing for a draw and I wonder if City won't have a few nervous moments against West Ham at the weekend.

Very Simple, unless they of course are City supporters you ask them how their club is doing, chances are they are behind LFC in the table.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1091: May 06, 2014 06:19:03 pm

Hamann highlighted the defensive partnership of Martin Skrtel and Mamadou Sakho, and believes Liverpool need to strengthen at the back in the summer.
      "They have conceded goals all season long and have got away with it because they were so prolific going forward," he said.
      "The partnership between Skrtel and Sakho concedes an awful lot of goals, so this is an area they need to look at."

Didi Hamann.   MOTD  BBC.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1092: May 06, 2014 06:44:41 pm
      I'm shattered. Really drained from last night and probably the last few weeks. Its been an absolute roller coaster ride

I think its gone but ye just never know do you?

THROUGH THE WIND AND THE RAIN
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1093: May 06, 2014 07:03:34 pm
      Made my account some time ago after a long time reading the comments, and i want to say that this draw still hunts me.

This image will stick with me for a long time if we don't win it, it's just heartbreaking.

Those oil rich plastic fans dont deserve to win it again, i cheered them on when they were against Man Utd, and felt that they deserved that time, but now i was 99 % sure that it was ours, F**k my life.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1094: May 06, 2014 07:06:21 pm
      Know how great the lads have done this year, and the manager, goes without saying.

But watching the game last night, at 3-1 or 3-2, Agger (or Toure, or both) should have come on for one of the attacking lads. There was time to get him on (yes, they did score pretty quick, but making substitutions should break up the momentum of the game) AND we've seen it happen before - us go ahead by a couple of goals, but end up backs to the wall. Against Norwich Agger came on and shored things up when it looked like we might drop 2 points there. Don't think can write off as hindsight, cause I'm sure many must have been getting that feeling of deja vu when it went 3-1, and Palace started to believe.

Was a bit disappointed to hear BR criticise the defenders afterward, given this has been a pattern throughout the season, why single them out last night? Everyone must have been hurting pretty bad, and just thought he shouldn't pick on them, as he might have been able to do something too.

Anyway, as plenty of guys have already said, these things happen and you have to roll with them when they go against you, and enjoy it when they go your way. We are top of the table with one game left - INCREDIBLE achievement. And we've got there playing brilliant football. I'm not holding out much hope for City letting it go now, but you never know. Whether BR was playing mind games by conceeding, I don't know, but am sure Pelligrini will be trying to get that our of his players heads (so yea, maybe BR is *unintentionally* playing with their noggins). Either way it's going down to the last match ...
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #1095: May 06, 2014 07:19:10 pm
      Was a bit disappointed to hear BR criticise the defenders afterward, given this has been a pattern throughout the season, why single them out last night? Everyone must have been hurting pretty bad, and just thought he shouldn't pick on them, as he might have been able to do something too.
      I don't think he said anything about the defenders in particular. He did mention the defending but, just as we attack as a unit, we should defend as a unit. I think that's what he means, the whole team defended poorly, I'm not sure where any of the midfielders were for that third goal, left Skrtel with two men and he made an instinctive decision to win the ball.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1096: May 06, 2014 08:30:19 pm
      The players awards dinner is on lfctv if anyone is interested in watching it. Wrong thread I know but thought this might be the most viewed.

EDIT well it says its on, on the the sky box but seems to be the Crystal palace match, or maybe they're just filling time.
      I've confused myself now.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1097: May 06, 2014 11:16:11 pm
      City only need 4 pts though, we need them to lose 1 of their two remaining games, it could happen!
      We don't even need them to lose. If they draw both games and we beat Newcastle, we'll win the title.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1098: May 07, 2014 12:07:46 am
      I'm shattered. Really drained from last night and probably the last few weeks. Its been an absolute roller coaster ride

I think its gone but ye just never know do you?

THROUGH THE WIND AND THE RAIN

Exactly how I feel Brian.

Feel abosolutely drained from it emotionally and physically, I do believe in miracles though.

Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #1099: May 07, 2014 12:32:45 am
       absolutely shattered for my captain and Suarez!!!Absolute footballers,those two!! I guess,he has to try his hand at management,maybe he will be lucky in picking the ultimate prize that has ever been so inaccessible to him ! This was ours truly!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1100: May 07, 2014 01:00:28 am
      Protest :  Despair : Anger : Acceptance

The four stages of grief.

Im on 3 at the moment. Still cant believe as a Premiership side we didn't shut up shop. Unbelievable.
      Its going to hang around for a long time.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1101: May 07, 2014 01:07:50 am
      Protest :  Despair : Anger : Acceptance

The four stages of grief.

Im on 3 at the moment. Still cant believe as a Premiership side we didn't shut up shop. Unbelievable.
      Its going to hang around for a long time.

Naivety and complacency. Double helping of both factors sadly!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1102: May 07, 2014 01:52:45 am
      Funny. I presume that whoever is disheartened by the fact we 'didn't shut up shop' wasn't at Selhurst Park on Monday night shouting Attack, Attack, Attack at 3-0 up.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, you cannot get it wrong, though I do/did share this feeling in game when it got to 3-2 and we didn't 'shut up shop', by then it was too late as we were in disarray from the previous two sucker punches.

Oh well, we'll learn and move on, and some will also come round to learn that the call made in the present has much more importance/pressure/guts and bollox and all, than it does in hindsight.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1103: May 07, 2014 09:49:46 am
      Was a failed January transfer window, during which Liverpool failed to strengthen at all, the reason behind this late-season loss of momentum? Or were the seeds already sown last September?

With the obvious benefit of hindsight, we've seen that Liverpool's shallow squad has been a big reason behind their failure to close down games or to put themselves out of sight when they've needed to.

Compared to the winter of 2013, when they signed Coutinho and Sturridge, this January was a major disappointment, but the warning signs were there after what has proved to be a weak summer of 2013.

Out of eight summer arrivals last year, which included the hapless Aspas, Moses and Aly Cissokho (to name but three), only Simon Mignolet and Mamadou Sakho have managed to make themselves regular first-team options.

Quick Reply