Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Your summary of our season.

Read 1306 times
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 524 posts |
      Your summary of our season.
      May 06, 2014 08:21:03 pm
      I think it's important that i write this now because city's results should not affect our perception of LFC's season. It has been quite amazing really. The main issues are;
      1. Brendan Rogers has been a revelation. His man management particularly of Suarez, developing younger players and media management has been exceptional, as has his work with Dr Steve Peters. The main questions for me will be around 'ameliorating' our style for games which require a more cautious set up and spending a lot more cash than usual wisely.
      2. Our front 4, and how breathtaking SSS and Coutinho can be.
      3. Henderson, Sterling, Flanagan and to a lesser extent Allen really coming on. Sterling has a frightening potential and the turn around from court appearances and that performance against Hull away is incredible.
      4. moving streets ahead of Spurs and United which suggests that we could tighten our grip on the top 4. Spurs' starting 11 will need additions to Lloris, Veronghen, Walker, Erikssen, Paulinho, and Adebayor. That's a lot of additions which may again not settle in addition to selling the majority of the dross they bought and getting a non-mediocre manager in. United's squad and manager issues are also well documented.
      5. We are in the champions league again which is exciting and means we can compete in the transfer market.

There aren't too many issues. You worry about Gerrard because of the last two games and their psychological impact but I think he's good enough to recover and convince Suarez to stay. I think we will have two players in each position next year;
      Mig, Jones
      Enrique, Flanagan
      Johnson (because he's Brendan's type of fullback), and another good right back. Kelly and Wisdom will go I think
      Skrtel, Sakho, Ilori (after keeping out Messi and Co), and a new Agger. I think Agger will go because he won't play alongside Sakho (two left footers) and Skrtel (see Swansea game). I am also concerned about the Ox and Soldado outrunning him. Toure or Coates may go.
      Gerrard, Lucas
      Henderson, Allen
      Coutinho, Suso
      Suarez, Sturridge, Borini, Sterling
      Llalana will hopefully come in also.

Aspas, Alberto, Taxeira and Ibe will need some consideration.

Really proud to be a fan. I ll be cheering on at the Aviva next Tuesday
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2014 09:02:09 pm by RedPuppy »
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: your summary of our season
      Reply #1: May 06, 2014 08:22:28 pm
      It's not over yet

;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: May 06, 2014 08:24:35 pm
      Poetry in motion.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #3: May 06, 2014 08:26:16 pm
      Unfinished

But seriously....
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #4: May 06, 2014 08:33:19 pm
      Brilliant attempt at achieving something no Premier League club had ever done - going from 7th to 1st in 12 months.

I honestly believe if it had been anyone but dirty Mourinho's Chelsea playing 11 men in their own box, we'd have gone on to win our last three games.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Your summary of our season.
      Reply #5: May 06, 2014 09:03:42 pm

Correct & therefore locked for 6 days I guess.

Quick Reply