Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions v Newcastle?

LFC win
      111 (99.1%)
      Draw
      1 (0.9%)
      Newcastle win
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: May 11, 2014 02:24:18 pm

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Newcastle Sun 11th May 15:00

Read 15944 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Newcastle Sun 11th May 15:00
      Reply #92: May 10, 2014 01:49:22 pm

Yea, SG lifting the trophy would be football heaven. If he, and WH, pull the fat out of the fire for us on Sun, I'll never say a bad word about SlimSam again :)

I've Luis as my FF captain. Cmon Luis boy, let's celebrate scoping all awards available with a win.  What a story for Luis this year, imagine if he took the penoes too...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #93: May 10, 2014 03:03:34 pm
      Simon Mignolet
      Glen Johnson
      Martin Skrtel
      Daniel Agger
      Jon Flanaghan
      Steven Gerrard(c)
      Jordan Henderson
      Philippe Coutinho
      Raheem Sterling
      Luis Suarez
      Daniel Sturridge ....

...Are the players who will Batter the barcodes in our last game of this fantastic season,
      I believe this is our strongest X1 and one I trust to win our last 3 and possibly most important points in 24 years,
      The fat lady has been gargling the TCP and until she starts warbling we have to believe that premiership crown will still be ours,
      In a funny sort of way I'm happy it's out of our hands because it will help make the lads relax more and play with a freedom we are more accustomed to,

City know they cannot afford to F**k things up and that in it's self brings about it's own pressures, they won't play with the same freedom our lads will have,

Toon haven't a f***in prayer, psychologically they will already be beaten, for them it's a case of damage limitation,
      The only thing they could take solace from is that they could witness the crowning of the new Premiership champions.

5-0 Redmen at least !

YNWA
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #94: May 10, 2014 03:57:11 pm
      They have a decent starting 11 when everyone is available and did well to beat Cardiff given the unrest. We should be far too string though
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #95: May 10, 2014 03:57:20 pm
      Really think if we score early and west ham do there will be some very squeaky bums in both stadia tomorrow
      liverpoolalan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #96: May 10, 2014 04:43:37 pm
      hello again   new to this so bear with me please.  the missus cant wait for the season to end as she has some boss all inclusive holidays to peruse over.managed to get to turkey on one last week.she didnt know i had wedged it in between the chelsea and newcastle game though.          wont even mention the palace game which i watched in a bar with headbanging rap music going on and no commentary at all...finished at 12 o clock over there and i ended up in a all night bar till 6 in the morning...still havent got over that.    the match i mean not the hangover.   anyway besides the hols to look forward to i really dont know what im going to do until the preseasons start off..one good thing my best mate a blue may start going for a pint again with me soon.   as he hasnt rang me since christmas   for bitter reasons obviously   i will let him know that im still alive   ish.been going to the match since the late 50s and was a surviver from the old boys pen.  was even on the escape commitee before i was 11..being an arl rse then you would presume i have seen it all.  true..but somehow as one gets older the emmotions for liverpool football club seem to get even stronger. even feel like crying now and me being an ard case from the boys pen as well...tried it all.   golf. boring and full of cheats..even recently hot yoga ffs.but no nothing works like the rush you get whenever liverpool score a goal and the tension after or before a game is really getting to me.this season has emphasised that more than ever.does anyone want it to end.couldnt we have a playoff or something like that..penalty shoot out.   nah maybe not..still not over yet .    please dont mention that ucking fat lady whoever she is.but hopefully my joining the forum at such a late stage will bring us some luck.who knows.have a good day tmorr  lads regardless of the outcome.life is short and we must all enjoy it while we can.   ynwa..
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #97: May 10, 2014 05:42:54 pm
      Really think if we score early and west ham do there will be some very squeaky bums in both stadia tomorrow

Stop it you'll just end in floods of tears and the next 24 hours will kill you.But then again you never now who would have thought we could score 3 goals in 6 minutes
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #98: May 10, 2014 05:43:51 pm
      its the last time we will see the lads properly for 3 months I want to see a feast of football and lots of goals.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #99: May 10, 2014 06:01:56 pm
      I am just going to enjoy tomorrow, as Walton says, the last time we see them in the Red of Liverpool for 3months. I certainly don't think it's a foregone conclusion, we've seen too many times that teams just need to win/draw, and they can't do it!
      What will be, will be, but we've certainly made our presence felt and the Premiership has been the better for it!
      Bring it on, Sam has said they'll be going all out to spoil the party, and he hopes they can do it for Stevie G. If they do they can all pop over for the biggest street party ever, and the drinks are on us!
      Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #100: May 10, 2014 06:33:47 pm

If they do they can all pop over for the biggest street party ever, and the drinks are on us!
      Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Well said! A dream picture!
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #101: May 10, 2014 06:44:57 pm
      If we don't win the title I wud jus love to see us winning n the city game being a draw into the final few moments, squeeze as much excitement out of this crazy roller coaster of a season as possible. Last think I think even the neutral wud want to see is city giv them a 4-0 spanking
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #102: May 10, 2014 06:48:46 pm
      Own up.

Who's checked the odds of a 14-0 win? :D
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #103: May 10, 2014 07:20:37 pm
      Own up.

Who's checked the odds of a 14-0 win? :D

done an accumulator today was tempted to back west ham but went for a city win. I never win on accumulators so im hoping by me backing city i'lll lose my bet :) crazy logic
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #104: May 10, 2014 07:27:23 pm
      watched the palace game in turkey with some good reds fans and i even thought 3 nil with half an hour to go..come on lets go for more..being a fan of over 55 yrs i should have used more intelligence of course because 3 points is still 3 points..unless of course you end up with one..which is what happened..and like the chelsea game i also thought lets go for it and go for the early goals to bring them out..with hind sight i was of course wrong on both counts.but thats the way we have played all season ..everton spurs utd arsenal etc hammered them all..we were top at christmas which was an incredible bonus to our c/l qualifacation priorities and even though the two robberies at city and chelsea brought us back down to earth...who would have bet on us winning the next eleven on the bounce...bren had the choice of playing agger as an extra defender in the chelsea game to come away with a boring nil nil and hence the one point we required for the purpose of staying top.had the choice again at 3 nil up against palace..again 3 points only required..to say city are fortunate is perhaps degrading them as they have also scored more goals than us whilst of course letting in a lot less.if they win they havent cheated us out of anything..the mindset of some of our fans ..not all..and especially the media hangers on had already handed us the title..as our right almost..it was cringworthy when even the evertonions wanted to lose against city and i for one an glad they did..dont need any so called help from the bitters..we had it in our own hands .it will be sad of course to see the likes of lucas johnson and maybe others leave after such a great effort this season.but i hope brendon will be ruthless in preseason..the likes of moses and sissokho loans should never be considered ever again.would like agger to stay if only as reserve for one more season..borini should be allowed to come back but aspas should go..maybe keep alberto though...anyway been the greatest season for many years..ground extention to look forward to and keeping brendon and suares together for many more years along with gerard is the priority now...point is 3 points on sunday is all we need and no avalanche of goals is even required any more....best of luck reds...

Sure you have made some great points in your post but honestly can you and fellow posters learn to use paragraphs?

It makes me, and maybe some others skip over your opinion because its just a complete ramble.

Please don't take that as rude. Promise you,  i am not intending to offend.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #105: May 10, 2014 07:31:22 pm
      done an accumulator today was tempted to back west ham but went for a city win. I never win on accumulators so im hoping by me backing city i'lll lose my bet :) crazy logic

But logic none the less.

Kind of how I'd think.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #106: May 10, 2014 08:21:22 pm
      Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes  26m
      Random but brilliant. @officialcafu arrives in Liverpool ahead of their game against Newcastle: pic.twitter.com/WAp9xk0ThR

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #107: May 10, 2014 08:31:37 pm
      We haven't lost at home to Newcastle for 20 years.

In 39 Premier League meetings ... never has been a goalless draw.

FACHT.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #108: May 10, 2014 08:37:42 pm
      I know we need 13-0 to win on Goal difference but have gone 5-0 to make us the top scorer's in Premier League history.
      Will be in a Irish bar in Luxembourg for this one, packed full of LFC supporters.
      Hopefully a hat-trick for Luis put him out in front of Premier League top Scorers !
      svenska
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #109: May 10, 2014 08:40:07 pm
      hello liverpool.i wish you all the best for tomorrow. i am a german.bvb dortmund supporter but i like lfc.steven gerrard and the second best supporters in the world.24 years are a long time. good luck.greetings from germany detlev xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #110: May 10, 2014 08:50:34 pm
      jon flanagan ‏@jon_flan93  5m
      Me and the legend Cafu pic.twitter.com/wyKASxybiC

No pressure then.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #111: May 10, 2014 08:50:36 pm
      Mad for this game now.

Last time for a while well see our lads. Have given us a great few months. Been a pleasure to watch (and fooking stressful :) )
      Finish on a high smash in a few goals, celebrate a return to the European cup..................... ....................

And maybe just maybe winning  the league. COME ON!! 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #112: May 10, 2014 08:53:12 pm
      jon flanagan ‏@jon_flan93  5m
      Me and the legend Cafu pic.twitter.com/wyKASxybiC

No pressure then.

Brilliant
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #113: May 10, 2014 09:01:02 pm
      Cafu's arrived and met Flanno, Ibe and Coady are back training with the squad, the crowds will be out in their thousands to greet the team bus and Liverpool will be in carnival mood.

Let's get our job done and not worry about what's happening in mancland.  What will be, will be.
      Road end boy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #114: May 10, 2014 09:10:12 pm
      hello liverpool.i wish you all the best for tomorrow. i am a german.bvb dortmund supporter but i like lfc.steven gerrard and the second best supporters in the world.24 years are a long time. good luck.greetings from germany detlev xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      thanks mate, we can only do our best and a helping hand from god, or even Carroll would be nice

Quick Reply