Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Archive footage (courtesy of British Pathe)

Read 1654 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Archive footage (courtesy of British Pathe)
      May 21, 2014 06:56:31 pm
      For anyone interested, British Pathe's youtube channel has uploaded over 80,000 videos of British based archive footage from the last 100 years or so. Amongst their brilliant collection are a few videos of Liverpool FC, something which will intrigue the majority of you I am sure! Here are just some of the videos available. Go to the home page of British Pathe's youtube account if you want to seek out anymore footage depicting Liverpool and British life through the ages. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lN7iGxA6_w#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCAHS8-3ng4#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVszu3eGW_8#

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014 09:22:14 am by JD, Reason: https changed to http to display on forum »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Archive footage (courtesy of British Pathe)
      Reply #1: May 21, 2014 11:40:20 pm
      Brill for us al farts ...
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #2: May 22, 2014 06:24:53 am
      I've been on this for the past few weeks. Great stuff.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: May 22, 2014 08:40:43 am
      Those videos bring back so many memories, is it any wonder we were so proud of our Liverpool Club and the many fantastic players who wore our RED
                                                         I was actually at  Goodison  Park for the F.A. Cup match in 1967,I managed to get a ticket and I still recall that little sod Ball scoring the only goal. To make things worse I was stuck in among a crowd of  Everton supporters.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: May 22, 2014 08:57:59 am
      I was just thinking about that Everton cup-tie, we had not long bought the Mighty  Emlyn  Hughes and he had replaced Gordon Milne in the team. However he was cup tied and could not play in the Everton match. A lot of fans put that loss down to the fact that Gordon Milne knew he was on the way out of Anfield. Milne in fact was transferred to Blackpool in May that year.
                         I was also at Villa Park for the Chelsea semi final  courtesy of winning a raffle organised by L.F.C. It was the best day out ever and included the coach from Anfield, meals and drinks before and after the match and tickets for the main stand. That coach was rocking on the way back to Liverpool I can tell you and we arrived back about half pissed ten.
      « Last Edit: May 22, 2014 10:08:38 am by Billy1 »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,972 posts | 5031 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: May 22, 2014 10:40:40 am
      I was just thinking about that Everton cup-tie, we had not long bought the Mighty  Emlyn  Hughes and he had replaced Gordon Milne in the team. However he was cup tied and could not play in the Everton match. A lot of fans put that loss down to the fact that Gordon Milne knew he was on the way out of Anfield. Milne in fact was transferred to Blackpool in May that year.
                         I was also at Villa Park for the Chelsea semi final  courtesy of winning a raffle organised by L.F.C. It was the best day out ever and included the coach from Anfield, meals and drinks before and after the match and tickets for the main stand. That coach was rocking on the way back to Liverpool I can tell you and we arrived back about half pissed ten.

Brilliant stuff Billy, I love reading your stories of days gone by , always make me smile, thank you for sharing and please keep them coming.

YNWA
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #6: May 22, 2014 11:01:25 am
      Tommy Smith's thighs are like tree trunks. Playing against him must have been a horror story.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #7: May 22, 2014 06:08:48 pm
      Tommy Smith's thighs are like tree trunks. Playing against him must have been a horror story.

He wasn't known as  the 'Iron Man' for nothing!

Quick Reply