Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Which players need to move on (not including those out on or in on loan)

Johnson
      81 (42.2%)
      Lucas
      52 (27.1%)
      Allen
      10 (5.2%)
      Agger
      10 (5.2%)
      Other (who?)
      39 (20.3%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Next Season: Players in/out and expectations

Read 14364 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Next Season: Players in/out and expectations
      Reply #92: May 14, 2014 08:28:25 pm
      My shopping basket? One centre back (15-20m), one defensive midfielder (20-25m), one attacking midfielder (20-25m), one back up striker (10m) and possibly one full back (10-15m). That's max 95m.

I'm sure we can generate some sales - Lucas 10m, Aspas 5m, Borini 10m, Skrtl or Sakho 15m, Johnson 10m, Toure 2m. Thats 50m.

Asking for a net spend of around 50-60m is not too much imo.

Get in Lallana (20m), shaw (15-20m), Koplynkayouknowwhatov (20m). I would even make audacious bids for Walcott (25m) or Oxlaide C (15-20m), Ross Barkely (30m???).

DMs? Koke of Athletico would be juicy but would never leave and Kroos would be awesome but again, not sure he would leave. More likely scenarios? Alex Song isn't a regular at Barca. Xhaka-Kramer is doing well in Germany. Gundogan of Dortmund is excellent imo

You are either clueless mate or on a wind up.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #93: May 14, 2014 09:20:05 pm
      Really pisses me off when posters start slagging off other posters because their version of the transfer market doesn't conform to theirs. It's the same old 'Yur a wum' or 'You're having a laugh'

That's arrogant. Sure we can disagree, but why the vitriol? So someone might think that Benzema might be a better option than Sturridge. It's just opinion but some of us act like they've just been caught sleeping with a loved one.

I'd sell Suarez and use the money to strengthen the first 11 in other areas in prep for the ECL. No idea who to bring in but then who really gives a sh*t that I don't know anyway? Ok fair enough, that does look crap now I've gone away and come back to it. But still!

/rant over
      « Last Edit: May 15, 2014 07:54:39 am by Rush »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #94: May 14, 2014 11:42:45 pm
      OUT
      Johnson- has played his last match for us IMO. I can't justify his wages anymore.
      Moses- poor poor poor.
      Cissokko- not good enough.
      Lucas- I think we can get better. 
      Aspas- Not the standard we need.
      Pepe- Not part of Brendan's plans.
      Assaidi- can't see BR bringing him back.
      Toure- Good start, faded badly, not the player he was.
      I'd probably hold onto Lucas as backup to someone of the quality of Mascherano. But I would add Sakho to the list. Big strong boy, but lacks quality and composure on the ball.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #95: May 14, 2014 11:47:19 pm
      On a side, there's mention by some, that it would be harsh to get rid of players who have taken us so close this season.
      (or words to that effect)
      Sir Bob once said, when questioned why he had sold a player who had given him a few years of quality service.
      "I see him in training every day. When a player starts to lose his legs, make sure he loses them on someone else's team"
      No sentiments, when it's time, it's time. End of.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #96: May 15, 2014 10:45:17 am
      For what it's worth this .....

GK , Pepe back on a 2 yr deal with a refreshed wage, Migs as his understudy

RB..Sagna,Flanno , Wisdom, Kelly, Mcglaughlin to fight it out,

LB..All out attempt for Luke Shaw, we have CL use it as a carrot, him with Enrique, Robinson, with Flanno as back up

CB...Vertonghen,Mascherano, Skrtel, Agger, Sakho, Illori, Toure as back up

CM...Another all out assault for Ross Barkley, will piss the bitters off but f**k em, alternatively, any 2/3of these, Schniderlin, Pastore, Mykhiteran, Koke, Konoplyanka

AM...Lallana deffo go for him and a cheeky bid for Hazard, add Suso, Ibe, Sterling, Hendo, Allen, pretty decent ?

Up top..Suarez, Sturridge,Borini, Benzema,

Outs....
      Jones, Johnson, Coates, Aspas, Assaidi, Moses, Cissokho

All this off the top of my bonce, might need a tweak here or there  ;D
      Other than that, not to Shabby even if I say so myself !

YNWA

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014 11:08:29 am by billythered »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,633 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #97: May 16, 2014 12:30:44 pm
      Out:

Reina
      Toure
      Coates
      Cissokho  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Kelly
      Alberto
      Moses  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Aspas
      Suso
      Borini

There have already been about 8 youth players released.
      I'd like to keep Borini and Suso, but there in the list to show that we could easily let 10 players go and not have it make a massive negative impact on the squad. if we are going to sign 5 or 6 players during the summer then I'd like to see us promote a few of the U21 players to the first team. Smith and Teixeira would be ideal.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #98: May 16, 2014 02:01:37 pm
      I'd probably hold onto Lucas as backup to someone of the quality of Mascherano. But I would add Sakho to the list. Big strong boy, but lacks quality and composure on the ball.

You sure about that bit mate?
      He has an excellent pass completion rate, rarely lumps it, plays it into the midfield to feet, is always looking to pass forwards, and invariably finds his man.

I know he looks awkward, and that crabbing gait of his DOES look very odd, but apart from a few lapses that I'd expect from a defender his age still settling into a new side (and country), he's looked pretty solid, positions himself well, has decent pace and isn't a bad tackler (apart from the odd mad moment).
      Chuck in that's he's only 24, a regular full French international, and I wouldn't be looking to get rid at all, and would be shocked if BR did.

I'll go further and say that if BR wants to play a high line, his pace is essential, and I can see him and Ilori being our CB pairing for years.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #99: May 16, 2014 02:30:46 pm
      Out:

Reina
      Toure
      Coates
      Cissokho  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Kelly
      Alberto
      Moses  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Aspas
      Suso
      Borini

Toure - harsh.  A more than capable squad player with a couple of Premier League medals at two different clubs.  Not just that - his experience could be crucial.

Kelly - still believe he has got talent as a centre-back.  Definitely keep him till at least Christmas and see how competitions are panning out.

Alberto - have you really seen enough of him to form a decision?

On a side, there's mention by some, that it would be harsh to get rid of players who have taken us so close this season.
      (or words to that effect)
      Sir Bob once said, when questioned why he had sold a player who had given him a few years of quality service.
      "I see him in training every day. When a player starts to lose his legs, make sure he loses them on someone else's team"
      No sentiments, when it's time, it's time. End of.

Fair point that and that can probably be applied more to Lucas than say Johnson.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #100: May 18, 2014 01:35:52 pm
      Mignolet and jones to stay but big season for mig. Reina to go.

Centre backs: ilori to return. Sakho needs another season and Skrtel had too good a season to be sold. Agger to go and be replaced by Vertonghen or someone of similar quality. Toure and Coates to go.

We need one full back if Enrique returns. Sagna on a free perhaps ? Give Johnson competition. Flanagan and enrique on the left. Don't want to buy too many defenders as gelling could be a problem. One of Kelly or wisdom can be sold.

Gerrard and Lucas
      Henderson and Allen
      Coutinho and suso

Suarez Sturridge and Borini up front and one can slot wide with another starting. Aspas to go

Sterling and Ibe wide with Llalana as an addition.

So providing we get sagna or another full back, Vertonghen or another centre back, and Llalana or another wide attacking player we will be in good shape.

Rodgers needs to make a call as to whether suso returning is enough of a boost to midfield personnel or if another midfielder is required. Sales will generate around 15-18 million but defensive plus left sided AM reinforcements could cost 45 million. Do we have another 20 million for a Rakitic or a Similar player and do we need them?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #101: May 18, 2014 05:48:36 pm
      I'm not gonna stick figures on the transfer fees because what I'd pay has no F***ing relevance whatsoever on what happens in reality because what I think is acceptable for a player isn't what the clubs will think is.

Out; (goalkeepers)

Reina - get a few quid for him since he doesn't wanna be here. Still an improvement on Mignolet in my opinion but at least Simple Simon wants to be our keeper.
      Jones - ain't much point in him being here, doesn't play that much and when he does isn't that convincing.

In; (goalkeepers)

Lloris - best keeper in the League for me and if PSG don't snap him up, I'd like to see us test Spurs with a bid for their number 1 (or whatever number he wears). Give Lloris a dilemma of staying at a team going downwards or joining a Liverpool side of the rise.
      Krul - if we can't get Lloris (which I doubt we would) then going after Krul would be my choice. It gives Mignolet some real competition and should either of them struggle, we have a good enough replacement.

Granted neither are the most realistic options but it's who I'd want.

Out; (defenders)

Johnson - never rated him, thought we got ripped off for 17 million (despite the whole clauses of Pompey still owing us for Crouch muddying the actual fee) and has been a liability for most of his Liverpool career as far as I'm concerned. And for this great attacking full back, his crossing is sh*t and he loses the ball too often trying to take players on. With Wisdom, Kelly, Flanagan, McLaughlin and Randall all vying for the right back slot, we're hardly short of options or quality.
      Toure - was massively overrated when we signed him, a couple of good games when he first arrived made people think we had the new Franco Baresi on our books and it instead turned out to be more like Franco Spencer. Past it.
      Enrique - another who I've never rated and I don't wanna see Flanno lose his spot for him to return because Flanno has been much better than Jose. Probably get a few quid for him from some Spanish midtable side.
      Coates - might be a bit harsh on him as he's never really had a real chance but the few times he has played he's looked extremely suspect, wouldn't be a huge loss either for me. Somebody else might get a good career out of him, I just don't think it's here.
      Cissohko - don't bother renewing his loan, he's sh*t.
      Smith - he may only have one substitute appearance to his name which will be harsh to judge him on but I don't see a quality player (or even squad player) in Brad unfortunately.

In; (defenders)

Lovren - think he's a quality centre half who knows how to head a ball and can play the kind of football Brendan wants from his defenders.
      Shaw - has all the attributes we're looking for and yes he'll cost a bomb but if we can sign our left back for the next ten to fifteen years then paying a bomb now is worth it then paying scraps for five or six other left backs in that time scale.
      Vertonghen - always rated the lad, versatile as well and likes to play football. Could offer us three at the back or an alternative on the left hand side. Experienced and has some leadership qualities which we lack at the back.

Out; (midfielders)

Lucas - don't rate him, his lack of quality got showed up badly at the back end of the season and isn't gonna replace Gerrard at the base of the midfield. Flog him while we can.
      Allen - another who I've never rated and never seen anything in him to change my opinion. I don't even think he played that great in the last couple of months when people seem to think he was boss. Some midtable side will take him off our hands as long as we're not expecting a profit on the 15 mill we spent on him.
      Suso - haven't seen him this season but when he was here last year I thought he was another massively overrated kid on our books. Looks ok but isn't anything special in my opinion. With Coutinho, Sterling and possible Ibe playing that role Suso isn't gonna get a game, especially if we buy another one or two for that role.
      Moses - F**k off lad.
      Assaidi - had his time, let him go to Stoke and be a good midtable player. Ain't a championship winning player.

In; (midfielders)

Cabaye - I don't know if he gets much time at PSG but I always wanted us to get him from Newcastle. Thought he was F***ing quality up at St James'. If he was to replace either Henderson or Gerrard as the midfield pairing, the quality doesn't have a distinct decline like it currently does.
      Schneiderlin - somebody asked me on here who I thought was the best tackler in the League and it was the Saints midfielder I picked. Think he has real quality. Again, he could add a bit of depth to the squad and still play a fair amount of goals.
      Lallana - F**k it, just raid Southampton. This lad has bags of ability and would play in a variety roles. Given the freedom we play with, he'll excel in this side.
      Bolasie - I like the direct approach of him, he's quick and runs at defenders. Wouldn't mind him as a squad player, especially for the last ten or fifteen minutes of games while Ibe develops.

Out; (forwards)

Aspas - sh*t, get rid of.
      Borini - don't bother bringing him back, not good enough.

In (forwards)

Remy - think he's got quality, knows how to score and would add depth to the forward line.
      Lukaku - even he's played for Everton and Chelsea, the lad is a beast. A slightly different option to what we currently have, big strong and powerful. Will score goals as well.
      Bony - looks a decent player, scores goals and again is something different to what we currently have.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #102: May 18, 2014 07:18:13 pm
      Been thinking about this since the Shamrock friendly and these are my thoughts on our potential summer transfers both in and out the club:

Players who could leave on a permanent basis:

Reina - Looks like he will sign for Napoli.
      Brad Jones - A reasonable understudy but I expect we will sign one, maybe 2 goalkeepers. So he could go.
      Johnson - Has had a very poor season and his performances don't justify his (rumored) £90,000 a week wages.
      Agger - One of two players on this list I hope will stay, still has great qualities but could go for regular games.
      Coates - Very unfortunate last summer with his injury, think he will go elsewhere, needs to play week in week out for a club.
      Lucas - The other player I hope to see here - as back up next season. But there are rumors Inter could buy him.
      Alberto - Rumours he is surplus here and with Coutinho, Sterling, Suso and possibly Ibe ahead of him I can see him going.
      Assaidi - Looks like Stoke want him permanently.
      Adorjan - Doesn't seem to be good enough to make it here.
      Aspas - Started off well for him in Suarez' absence but doesn't look good enough for the Prem or Champions League.

Going out on a season long loan:

Danny Ward - Looks a good young goalkeeper for the Under 21's, let's loan him and see what he can do in a Championship/League 1 side.
      McLaughlin - Needs a season long loan.
      Sama - Needs a season long loan.
      Coady - Looks a tidy young Footballer but needs another season to gain some more experience.
      Ibe - Flashes of the future against Shamrock, needs a season away and plenty of games to gain experience.
      Texiera - Looks a promising player but needs some game time.

Returning to their parent clubs:

Cissokho (Valencia) - An average season but will return to Valencia.
      Moses (Chelsea) - Our poorest player this season, never looked interested.

Returning from loan to be part of the squad:

Wisdom - Has been in great form for Promotion chasing Derby and can be a decent squad player next season.
      Ilori: Looks strong, fast and a good back up for next year. A player for the future.
      Robinson - Had a mixed season at Blackpool and can also see him coming back and being back up to our left backs.
      Suso - He's had a good season playing for Almeria and has he qualities to step in for Coutinho when needed.
      Borini - Had a great season at Sunderland and deserves another crack at Liverpool next season.

Players coming in:

Goalkeeper(s): A second choice e.g. Vorm, Caballero and a young third choice e.g Darlow, McCarthy
      Right Back: Richards, a perfect chance for him to reignite his career, just like Sturridge has.
      Centre Back: Only if Agger leaves, I would like to see Lovren here (as rumored)
      Left Back: Think we defnitely need 1 more left back to challenge Enrique, would like to see either Siqueira or Ricardo Rodriquez signed.
      Centre Midfield: Rumors Emre Can could sign for us, would be a good young back up to Stevie.
      Attacking Midfielder(s): Lallana and Shaqiri have been linked with us recently and think either would be a great signing.
      Strikers: Bony has been linked this week and he would be a great Plan B to SAS.

How our squad could look next season:

Mignolet

Richards (RB/CB)
      Skrtel
      Sakho (CB/LB)
      Siqueira

Henderson
      Gerrard (c)
      Coutinho

Sterling
      Sturridge
      Suarez

Subs: Vorm; Lovren, Enrique; Emre Can; Lallana, Shaqiri, Bony.

Squad players/back up:

Goalkeepers:

Darlow

Defenders:

Flanagan (RB/LB), Kelly (RB/CB), Wisdom (RB/CB), Toure, Ilori, Robinson

Midfielders:

Allen, Suso

Strikers:

Borini

Looking at this I still think we need another few midfielders and another striker, but we will have to wait and see how the summer pans out.

This will be a big summer winder with plenty of ins and outs, can't wait  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,933 posts | 283 
      Reply #103: May 18, 2014 08:06:21 pm
      My bite at the cherry;

Out:
      Reina - wants to leave anyway.
      Toure - We need someone to challenge Skrtel/Agger/Sakho, not just fill in.
      Cissokho - there are a lot of quality full backs around. He isn't one.
      Johnson - Doubt this would happen as on massive wages. Prob my most controversial one. Hes a liability and is only going to get worse.
      Assaidi - String as much out of Stoke as possible.
      Moses - thank f**k that episodes over.
      Aspas - Not cut for EPL
      Yesil - Not cut for EPL.

Back from loan/injury:
      Suso
      Wisdom
      Borini
      Enrique

In:
      CB
      RWB
      LWB
      DM
      CAM
      CFW / RWF
      Promote youth to fill in the gaps: Ibe, Rossiter, Sinclair, Teixeira, Smith.

As mentioned multiple times by others would love any of the following (in no particular order):
      Reus, Muller, Shaquiri, Sanchez, Lallana, Rakitic, Digne, Coleman, Moreno, Vertonghen, Papadopolous
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2014 08:17:50 pm by Benito »
      powergerrard
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #104: May 29, 2014 06:02:46 pm
      In:
      A. Lallana (25m)
      M. Richards (5m)
      A. Moreno (15m)
      R. Lambert (6m)
      Emre Can (12m)
      Papadopulous (15m)
      Reina
      Illori

Also promote players into the squad Rossiter, Coady, Jones, Brannagan, Dunn

Total: 63m

Out:
      Borini (10m)
      Assaidi (5m)
      Aspas (4m)
      Enrique (8m)
      Skrtel (10m)

Total:37m

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #105: May 29, 2014 07:24:37 pm
      In:
      A. Lallana (25m)
      M. Richards (5m)
      A. Moreno (15m)
      R. Lambert (6m)
      Emre Can (12m)
      Papadopulous (15m)
      Reina
      Illori

Out:
      Borini (10m)
      Assaidi (5m)
      Aspas (4m)
      Enrique (8m)
      Skrtel (10m)

I personally wouldn't get rid of Enrique, he's a quality player who has had a bad injury, tbh the list of promoted reserve boys doesn't fill me with awe, Popadopolous, is he right after his massive injury?
      Sorry, I'm not being disrespectful to you merely responding to your desired list.
      Your valuations seem about right.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #106: May 30, 2014 09:06:58 am
      Next year we could have the following,

Flanno,
      Johnson,
      Gerrard,
      Henderson,
      Sturridge,
      Sterling,
      Lalana,
      Lambert....

Are you going to be watching the world cup?? I know I am now.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #107: May 30, 2014 12:29:52 pm
      In:
      A. Lallana (25m)
      M. Richards (5m)
      A. Moreno (15m)
      R. Lambert (6m)
      Emre Can (12m)
      Papadopulous (15m)
      Reina
      Illori

Out:
      Borini (10m)
      Assaidi (5m)
      Aspas (4m)
      Enrique (8m)
      Skrtel (10m)

You want to get rid of Enrique (I'm guessing because of his injury last season?) yet you want to bring in Richards. Can you understand why I'm confused at the contradiction?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #108: May 30, 2014 12:38:17 pm
      You want to get rid of Enrique (I'm guessing because of his injury last season?) yet you want to bring in Richards. Can you understand why I'm confused at the contradiction?

Same here.
      It doesn't make any sense to me  ???
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #109: May 30, 2014 01:28:41 pm

I think Enriques days are number to be honest, watched an interview with Cara who said he was the player he hated playing with the most as you never knew what he was going to do. That will not wash with Brendan.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #110: May 30, 2014 01:30:50 pm
      I think Enriques days are number to be honest, watched an interview with Cara who said he was the player he hated playing with the most as you never knew what he was going to do. That will not wash with Brendan.

That's cause Carra was too old to be able to react to him :lmao:

Quick Reply