Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Rickie Lambert (Liverpool -> West Brom)

Read 48554 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Re: Rickie Lambert Player Thread
      Reply #207: Sep 23, 2014 11:23:05 pm
      I think Lambert is better than he has shown. I also think he often does things that go unnoticed to help us keep posession and he's trying to be unselfish. We just need to get him to think more of himself and shoot, he's got a great shot and needs to be confident in it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #208: Sep 23, 2014 11:25:18 pm
      Maybe he's still shy on fitness, maybe the club is too much for him, maybe he's just got too many miles on the clock but he doesn't look good at the moment.

Feel he needs a moment to spark the confidence, the peno he missed was his big chance but so far it's not been encouraging in the least.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #209: Sep 23, 2014 11:26:32 pm
      He does look like he's pressing a bit at times, wanting to do the perfect thing for fear of doing the wrong thing. I think sometimes it handicaps players...hopefully he realizes that he doesn't need to be Luis Suarez, he just needs to be Rickie Lambert.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #210: Sep 23, 2014 11:45:07 pm
      Had a shocker tonight.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #211: Sep 23, 2014 11:47:10 pm
      Struggled today, was hoping he might bag a couple and get his confidence up but failed to make an impact.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #212: Sep 24, 2014 12:55:13 am
      My mind is utterly blanking on another boyhood Liverpool fan that came to us later in their careers and struggled also.
      Who was that?!
      Sure it's bloody obvious...just can't think
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #213: Sep 24, 2014 01:33:09 am
      My mind is utterly blanking on another boyhood Liverpool fan that came to us later in their careers and struggled also.
      Who was that?!

Robbie Keane?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #214: Sep 24, 2014 01:40:39 am

EXACTLY!
      Thanks..utter brain fart...kept wanting to say bellers but i thought he was great
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #215: Sep 24, 2014 02:12:40 am
      He looks very very slow . Even when he presses he just looks laggy.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #216: Sep 24, 2014 04:32:31 am
      I think Lambert is better than he has shown.

why do you think that?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #217: Sep 24, 2014 12:25:47 pm
      Chap looked depressed to be on the pitch. His head is mash with negative thoughts. All I could think of when Pens started was, thank fook Rickie went off.

He has been hopeless and Im afraid at his age, the amount of games hes going to get and the level we play at, I cant see him getting any better.

Oh and Robbie Keane was a lot better. 4-10 to 2-10 for Rickie.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #218: Sep 24, 2014 12:37:31 pm
      I think Lambert is better than he has shown.

I think so too. I thought he was very active with his movement and positioning at the Saints.

Maybe the standard operating procedures for 1) him and 2) the teammates around him have changed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #219: Sep 24, 2014 01:33:52 pm

Because I have seen him player better at Soton than he has played at Liverpool so far...against similar competition. Wow that was hard.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #220: Sep 24, 2014 01:38:51 pm
      Because I have seen him player better at Soton than he has played at Liverpool so far...against similar competition. Wow that was hard.

OK but can you explain why he's suddenly become the slowest football player I've ever seen in the prem, it really is baffling. He can't have been this bad at Southampton.
      Yesterday he was utter rubbish, but he knows that himself.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #221: Sep 24, 2014 01:42:40 pm
      OK but can you explain why he's suddenly become the slowest football player I've ever seen in the prem, it really is baffling. He can't have been this bad at Southampton.
      Yesterday he was utter rubbish, but he knows that himself.

He was slow at Soton as well. I watched quite a few of their games and he was slow there too. I think the whole speed thing is being over blown. Not every good striker is fast. He's not really being asked to take on players and go by them one on one is he? I'm not saying he's world class or anything, I just think people are wanting him to be something he's clearly not.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #222: Sep 24, 2014 01:50:41 pm
      He was slow at Soton as well. I watched quite a few of their games and he was slow there too. I think the whole speed thing is being over blown. Not every good striker is fast. He's not really being asked to take on players and go by them one on one is he? I'm not saying he's world class or anything, I just think people are wanting him to be something he's clearly not.

Well I'm wanting him to be a player who can score goals, remind me what his tally for us is so far? Actually how many shots on target has he had, assists, oh well.....
      i would love for him to be a success but he really shouldn't be playing for us until he sorts his fitness and or head out. By far the most disappointing summer signing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #223: Sep 24, 2014 02:26:19 pm
      Well I'm wanting him to be a player who can score goals, remind me what his tally for us is so far? Actually how many shots on target has he had, assists, oh well.....
      i would love for him to be a success but he really shouldn't be playing for us until he sorts his fitness and or head out. By far the most disappointing summer signing.

Good grief....he's played in what 3 or 4 games and he's already a bust. Some of you guys need to get a grip. There is a LONG way to go in this season.

Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #224: Sep 25, 2014 04:38:49 pm
      Very Very poor player atm. Brings nothing to us. Our strikers are letting us down currently! God I can't wait til Studge is back!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #225: Sep 25, 2014 04:55:13 pm
      Who was that?!

Robbie Keane is a boyhood fan of every club he signs for.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #226: Sep 25, 2014 06:23:50 pm
      Who was that?!

Litminen?

As for Lambert, I don't think he needs to be roaming as much. Stay more centrally and play as a creative target man
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #227: Sep 25, 2014 06:48:11 pm
      Litminen?

As for Lambert, I don't think he needs to be roaming as much. Stay more centrally and play as a creative target man

The boss tells him where to play.
      Players don't just wander onto the pitch and do their own thing mate, they are given detailed instructions before every match, and if Lambert is going into wide areas, it's because the plan is for him to drag the opposition CB's out of position and create room for others.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #228: Sep 26, 2014 10:47:52 am
      what's the point in all these strikers having to do midfield and defensive work when they're constantly out of position? Strikers need to be in the box or close enough to make runs and be ready for any service.
      Rickie was all over the place last game, sorry but it was annoying.
      He's a striker isn't he? Be in the f'n box then.

I've seen more hustle and movement from Lovren and Sakho in that box than Rickie.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #229: Sep 27, 2014 04:25:14 pm
      Where have all the wise sages gone who were saying we could get rid of Borini now that Lambert was here?

Quick Reply