Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 292280 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #575: Mar 11, 2015 03:17:31 pm
      Can at RCB allows him to see the play developing in front of him.
      This will improve his reading of the game and help a lot when he moves to DM or CM.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #576: Mar 11, 2015 10:21:02 pm
      The only problem I have with Can moving out from RCB is that somebody else has to play there.
      He is the best player we have at the club for the role, so leave him there.

This.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #577: Mar 11, 2015 11:09:11 pm
      He has to stay there for the remainder of the season, but I still think his long term role should be mid-field.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #578: Mar 12, 2015 09:31:17 am
      Right now its a no brainier that he should be playing at the back. Him, Skrtel and Sakho is the strongest we have looked defensively for quite a long time, why change a winning formula? Unless of course injury disrupts it like it did with Sakho. Can't wait to see him up against Di Maria or Rooney because there is only going to be one winner and it won't be the diving tw*t or the granny shagging pr**k!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #579: Mar 12, 2015 12:56:53 pm
      Right now its a no brainier that he should be playing at the back. Him, Skrtel and Sakho is the strongest we have looked defensively for quite a long time, why change a winning formula? Unless of course injury disrupts it like it did with Sakho. Can't wait to see him up against Di Maria or Rooney because there is only going to be one winner and it won't be the diving tw*t or the granny shagging pr**k!

Come on now as Rooney has matured in age it's great grannies   ;D
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #580: Mar 13, 2015 12:17:37 pm
      i think he will be back at RCB with Sakho coming  back and Lovern will be dropped unless he wants to take a punt and play CAN as RWB which i cant see happening.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #581: Mar 14, 2015 01:08:30 am
      Needs a rest, has played a lot recently and was shocking in the last match.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #582: Mar 14, 2015 10:23:46 am
      The lad, like many others, is still very young. With young players you will, more often than not, get inconsistency. As they get more experience; consistency levels grow. We shouldn't lose sight of this.

What we are hoping for, at the moment, is that a lot of young 'uns are consistently good, for all or most of the time they are on the pitch together and for most of a season. Sadly the chances of that happening are slim [certainly for a full season].

Emre, until that maturity and experience develops, with have some great, some good and some poor days. The value of experienced players should never be underestimated in the growth of either individual young players or the team.

Can, like many others, still learning; hopefully, if Brendan finally gets his way, he'll be able to learn alongside more experienced players next season.
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2015 10:36:37 am by bad boy bubby »
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #583: Mar 16, 2015 12:24:34 pm
      I think he might be rested for the Blackburn Replay hence why we've been testing out Gerrard at the back
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #584: Mar 16, 2015 07:59:30 pm
      hence why we've been testing out Gerrard at the back

When?
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #585: Mar 17, 2015 12:37:18 pm
      Think hes looked abit leggy past few games.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #586: Mar 17, 2015 04:28:27 pm
      ONLY IN training bud not in real life game situations
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #587: Mar 17, 2015 04:29:19 pm
      he could do with being rested against blackburn maybe go Lovern,Skrtel,Sakho for that game as i think we will do them 2-0.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #588: Mar 17, 2015 06:22:12 pm
      he could do with being rested against blackburn maybe go Lovern,Skrtel,Sakho for that game as i think we will do them 2-0.

Lovren? Christ mate, we want to win the game. Agree with resting Can but swap him with Toure, not Lovren
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #589: Mar 17, 2015 10:24:50 pm
      Really like him but to be honest I think he could stand to lose a stone.  Would really help him I think.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #590: Mar 17, 2015 10:52:27 pm
      Really like him but to be honest I think he could stand to lose a stone.  Would really help him I think.

Why is it when a player has a bit of a build to them they are deemed as needing to lose a stone or two? It's hardly fat now is it. Also, no one can use the argument of it having an impact on his fitness either seeing as he has played virtually every minute of our last 20 games or whatever it is.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #591: Mar 17, 2015 11:17:49 pm
      Why is it when a player has a bit of a build to them they are deemed as needing to lose a stone or two? It's hardly fat now is it.

I didn't say he was fat, I said he could stand to lose a stone.  He's already very mobile and fast for his size, but he could really be unstoppable if he lost a bit of weight. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #592: Mar 17, 2015 11:26:34 pm
      I didn't say he was fat, I said he could stand to lose a stone.  He's already very mobile and fast for his size, but he could really be unstoppable if he lost a bit of weight. 

I didn't say you did say it was fat. I said his build is hardly fat, he seems like a naturally built bloke. Doesn't look like he needs to lose any weight, good to have bit of a tank in the team.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #593: Mar 18, 2015 03:37:48 am
      An incident in training with Bayern, with him telling off Badstuber. Glad he's on our team!

http://www.footytube.com/video/badstuber-fight-vs-emre-can-343085
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #594: Mar 22, 2015 09:24:50 pm
      Something I noticed right after Stevie got sent off.  Can ran over to the sideline to talk to Rodgers while literally everyone else in the team was surrounding Atkinson and Herrera.  Can was the only one concerned with what changes needed to be made, and so he was over there talking to Rodgers and getting the new instructions.  Not one single other player went to the sideline to get new instructions.  Can ran back on to the field and then told Sterling where to go, and gave Henderson the instructions.

I was very impressed by that.  While everyone else was still obsessed with a call that was long decided, Can was trying to figure out what we should be doing next.  And he was the one to take control and tell everyone what to do.

I still think Sakho should be captain next season.  But if he doesn't want it I would have no problem giving it to Can.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #595: Mar 22, 2015 09:34:19 pm
      Something I noticed right after Stevie got sent off.  Can ran over to the sideline to talk to Rodgers while literally everyone else in the team was surrounding Atkinson and Herrera.  Can was the only one concerned with what changes needed to be made, and so he was over there talking to Rodgers and getting the new instructions.  Not one single other player went to the sideline to get new instructions.  Can ran back on to the field and then told Sterling where to go, and gave Henderson the instructions.

I was very impressed by that.  While everyone else was still obsessed with a call that was long decided, Can was trying to figure out what we should be doing next.  And he was the one to take control and tell everyone what to do.

I still think Sakho should be captain next season.  But if he doesn't want it I would have no problem giving it to Can.

Yeah I noticed that as well.

Good shout on Sakho however I think his lack of English might be a major hindrance. In which case Lucas or Skrtel would be my choice.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #596: Mar 23, 2015 09:37:51 am
      could do with a recharge still a beast of a player for someone so young very commanding. big question is do we want him kept in the back 3 as a defender our to push up and replace Allen in the middle and be a long term Mid player. Blackburn game will be interesting to see how BR lines up but might be worth a try.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #597: Mar 23, 2015 05:40:31 pm
      Emre Can is probably one of the most intelligent players we have.

The part where he sprinted over to BR was German efficiency as you'll get.

I wrote a piece before we signed him and said he would be a German international before the season is up. He seriously needs to get that first cap for Germany now.

Quick Reply