Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)

Read 89984 times
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Reply #1656: Jul 10, 2014 04:22:06 pm
      The Uruguayan appeal has been rejected, surprised by that. I'd imagine a new appeal by Barcelona will surface not long after he signed.

That should move things along. Id imagine we were waiting to see the outcome. If he had of gotten a massive reduction, it would have put a completely different stance on £75m.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1657: Jul 10, 2014 11:36:45 pm
      The Uruguayan appeal has been rejected, surprised by that. I'd imagine a new appeal by Barcelona will surface not long after he signed.

The club he plays for has no right of appeal for offences committed on international duty. That was one of the things Liverpool's legal department were looking at before the official Barca bid came in. His only recourse now is the Court of Arbitration for Sports and that will have to be handled by Uruguay and/or Suarez.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #1658: Jul 11, 2014 12:09:07 am
      It's pretty much a done deal now.

http://www.beinsports.tv/soccer/title/barcelona-and-liverpool-agree-euro88-million-fee-for-luis-suarez/article/14ti1d6v8av7z1n1i4t5h47wkh

>>
      Luis Suarez is on the brink of officially completing his sensational transfer from Liverpool to Barcelona after the terms of a deal worth just over €88 million were agreed on Wednesday night.

The agreement comes after a week of negotiations between the clubs, with an announcement expected in the coming days - perhaps even within 24 hours.

Barcelona have captured Suarez in a straight cash deal after agreeing to meet the release clause in the Liverpool contract he signed last December.

It is believed that Suarez will undergo initial medical examinations from Barca doctors in his native Uruguay, where he has been staying following his country's elimination from the World Cup.

Officials from the Catalan club have been negotiating with their counterparts from Merseyside in the last week over the structure of payments in the deal, with Liverpool pushing for a higher initial sum.

An agreement has now been reached and the final formalities will be completed before Suarez is announced as Barcelona's marquee signing of the summer.

The 27-year-old is currently serving a four-month ban - which runs until October 26 - for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini while playing for Uruguay in his nation's final World Cup group stage match.

Under the terms of the suspension, Suarez is not allowed to train with his club or enter the confines of any stadium during his ban.

Barca will partly fund the signing of the 27-year-old by selling Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal. The Chile World Cup star will move to Emirates Stadium after Arsenal agreed a package worth €40m (£31.8m) with the Spanish club.

Liverpool will now look to strengthen their squad using some of the money from the Suarez deal. The Merseysiders are on the verge of completing a triple swoop for Benfica winger Lazar Markovic, Lille striker Divock Origi and Southampton defender Dejan Lovren.
      >>

cya suarez.  we'll definitely miss your goals and attacking threat.  good luck at Barca
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #1659: Jul 11, 2014 07:51:59 am
      It's pretty much a done deal now.

http://www.beinsports.tv/soccer/title/barcelona-and-liverpool-agree-euro88-million-fee-for-luis-suarez/article/14ti1d6v8av7z1n1i4t5h47wkh

>>
      Luis Suarez is on the brink of officially completing his sensational transfer from Liverpool to Barcelona after the terms of a deal worth just over €88 million were agreed on Wednesday night.

The agreement comes after a week of negotiations between the clubs, with an announcement expected in the coming days - perhaps even within 24 hours.

Barcelona have captured Suarez in a straight cash deal after agreeing to meet the release clause in the Liverpool contract he signed last December.

It is believed that Suarez will undergo initial medical examinations from Barca doctors in his native Uruguay, where he has been staying following his country's elimination from the World Cup.

Officials from the Catalan club have been negotiating with their counterparts from Merseyside in the last week over the structure of payments in the deal, with Liverpool pushing for a higher initial sum.

An agreement has now been reached and the final formalities will be completed before Suarez is announced as Barcelona's marquee signing of the summer.

The 27-year-old is currently serving a four-month ban - which runs until October 26 - for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini while playing for Uruguay in his nation's final World Cup group stage match.

Under the terms of the suspension, Suarez is not allowed to train with his club or enter the confines of any stadium during his ban.

Barca will partly fund the signing of the 27-year-old by selling Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal. The Chile World Cup star will move to Emirates Stadium after Arsenal agreed a package worth €40m (£31.8m) with the Spanish club.

Liverpool will now look to strengthen their squad using some of the money from the Suarez deal. The Merseysiders are on the verge of completing a triple swoop for Benfica winger Lazar Markovic, Lille striker Divock Origi and Southampton defender Dejan Lovren.
      >>

cya suarez.  we'll definitely miss your goals and attacking threat.  good luck at Barca

At last! Just get this deal done now so that we can move on!

Just let him leave like Owen and Torres, if he thinks he can be happier somewhere else ;)

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #1660: Jul 11, 2014 08:39:22 am
      I heard that the only thing holding up the deal, was the sponsorship on his gum shield.
      Seriously, lets get this deal done and get him on his way. Despite all the rights and wrongs of Luis he was a magnificent player for LFC.
      Don't think he will be loved at Barca like he was here, but don't think that's going to worry him too much, good luck Luis, we will miss you.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #1661: Jul 11, 2014 11:13:37 am
      Good to hear its finally sorted.
      Suarez will go down in history as one of Liverpool FCs greatest players.
      He will also go down in history as their greatest headache!!
      Was he worth it?
      Yes he was without a doubt.
      Good luck to him in Barcelona no one doubts he has the attributes to be a big success there.
      But he won"t feel the love he's felt at Anfield ever again.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1662: Jul 11, 2014 11:19:30 am
      Now that it's looking extremely likely that he's going, it's starting to hit me that he's actually going.

I'm going to miss him a lot - I just hope the team don't.

End of the day, there's only one reason why Suarez has given us the trouble he has, and it's because he's a 100% winner who would rather bite you than let you beat him. Literally.

You take that away from him and he's not the same player.

Good luck and shine on you crazy diamond!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1663: Jul 11, 2014 12:11:49 pm
      Now that it's looking extremely likely that he's going, it's starting to hit me that he's actually going.

I'm going to miss him a lot - I just hope the team don't.

End of the day, there's only one reason why Suarez has given us the trouble he has, and it's because he's a 100% winner who would rather bite you than let you beat him. Literally.

You take that away from him and he's not the same player.

Good luck and shine on you crazy diamond!
      I agree about altering a good players attitude. Rooney used to be good and I think it happened to him. I can't think of that many examples of previous liverpool players.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #1664: Jul 11, 2014 12:34:37 pm
      Liverpool have confirmed that they have reached agreement with Barcelona for the sale of Luis Suarez.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1665: Jul 11, 2014 12:35:38 pm
      Liverpool Football Club today issued the following statement in relation to the future of Luis Suarez.
      Liverpool have confirmed that they have reached agreement with Barcelona for the sale of Luis Suarez.

Just to support what you posted...

Liverpool FC confirms that Luis Suarez will be leaving the club after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona. The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities, which will then conclude the transfer.

We would like to thank Luis for his contribution and the role he played in helping bring Champions League football back to Anfield.

Everyone at Liverpool Football Club wishes Luis and his family well for the future.

http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166178-lfc-statement-suarez-to-leave

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #1666: Jul 11, 2014 12:40:55 pm

Just heard that, I hope we stood our ground and got the fee we wanted, not what Barca wanted to pay.
      We move on, no hard feelings, I think deep down we always knew he would go!
      Thanks for the memories Luis, I wish you well, but I hope we knock your new team out of the Champions League!

Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #1667: Jul 11, 2014 12:43:48 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166181-statement-from-luis-suarez

Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club's official website, Liverpoolfc.com.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I'm sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

"Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

So he fell in love with the club and city so much that he decided to leave it and join another one  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1668: Jul 11, 2014 12:44:53 pm
      Thank you for some amazing memories Luis, a wonderful player with a winning mentality like I've rarely seen on a football pitch.

I'm sure that determination will bring you the trophies and accolades you deserve as one of the greatest football players on the planet.

You're a bit batshit crazy but I like that in some people and I will certainly miss you but the club moves on to bigger and better things without you, farewell.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1669: Jul 11, 2014 12:46:32 pm
      Nice statement there from Luis. Him staying another season got us 35 million quid more than we almost got this time last year, and back into the Champions league too. We never will walk alone, and from my perspective anyway neither will Luis. Fantastic player, thanks for the memories and "forza" as I believe they  say in his language.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1670: Jul 11, 2014 12:47:23 pm
      Farewell you mad, win at any cost, genius.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #1671: Jul 11, 2014 12:51:37 pm
      absolutely gutted!!! although i think we all knew it was coming still doesn't make it any easier to hear it. I personally wish him all the best as he has done us proud whilst wearing our shirt. My little lad is going to be devastated :(
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1672: Jul 11, 2014 12:51:39 pm
      Dont believe it actually happened! Gonna miss you Luis. Your forever a red in my mind. Now go bite the F**k out of all those spanish bastads.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1673: Jul 11, 2014 12:52:52 pm
      Thought the Torres feeling was bad.... feel like iv been dumped by Jessica Alba... after 1 night of crazy sex... atleast I have the bite marks to remember her by.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1674: Jul 11, 2014 12:53:29 pm
      Well, it has happened - wish him the best for his years at Barca - hope we don't face them in the CL (although against them in the Final would be unreal)...

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1675: Jul 11, 2014 12:54:56 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166181-statement-from-luis-suarez

So he fell in love with the club and city so much that he decided to leave it and join another one  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

For his family

If you wouldn't do the same you're lying

Good luck Luis, thanks for the good times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1676: Jul 11, 2014 12:55:33 pm
      Doubt Suarez will score as many as Sanchez in 88 games.  Team is built around Messi. He scored so many at Liverpool because we built around Suarez. Selling Sanchez for 35m then paying over double for a player with almost the same qualities with massive history of baggage and 2 years older? I honestly don't think selling Sanchez and buying Suarez was wise. They're certainly not going to get anything out of Suarez for 4 months and who knows how mobile Neymar will be in that time. Worst business I've seen in a looooong time.  I just wonder what Barcelona fans think.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1677: Jul 11, 2014 01:00:20 pm
      Doubt Suarez will score as many as Sanchez in 88 games.  Team is built around Messi. He scored so many at Liverpool because we built around Suarez. Selling Sanchez for 35m then paying over double for a player with almost the same qualities with massive history of baggage and 2 years older? I honestly don't think selling Sanchez and buying Suarez was wise. They're certainly not going to get anything out of Suarez for 4 months and who knows how mobile Neymar will be in that time. Worst business I've seen in a looooong time.  I just wonder what Barcelona fans think.

Buying Suarez at any price is not bad business.

Best player in the world.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1678: Jul 11, 2014 01:00:28 pm
      Ballaque reporting he was sold for 81 million EURO. F**k SAKE £64m is daylight robbery

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague  1m
      The figures of Suárez cost: clause was €100 milion.  FCB paid €81. The sale of Alexis (€34.6+3 depending targets) helped reduce the cost

Quick Reply