Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)

Read 90405 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Reply #299: Jun 24, 2014 10:38:58 am
      Interesting take on it from TAW guys tonight

What was said Jon?.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #300: Jun 24, 2014 10:49:48 am
      Reports all over that Falcao is destined to Real which leaves Barca as the only option.

Since we've been linked with Sanchez, I'm slightly worried if we'll accept a deal like 40mil + Sanchez. And BR takes that 40mil to spend on Lallana and Lovren

That would not be a sufficent replacement for Suarez. As far as I'm concerned, if we are to purchase Lallana and Lovren,  it should not be from the Suarez sale.

The Suarez sale should help us fund a world class attack, so someone like James Rodriguez as well as Sanchez.

Only then we buy Lallana and Lovren, with the money we have made from revenue other than the Suarez sale.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #301: Jun 24, 2014 10:59:03 am
      At the moment,  Luis is irreplaceable. Technically he is up there with Messi or Ronaldo or Neymar,  but because of his work ethic, his commitment,  he offers so much more.  He is the best player in the world right now, no question!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #302: Jun 24, 2014 11:25:43 am
      True, Suarez isn't replaceable but selling him wouldn't necessarily make us weaker. He did in fairness help us secure 2nd. Without him that would not have been possible.

But, if we were to have a team with Lovren, Lallana and say Sanchez, then I do not think that is progress if Suarez leaves. I would actually see the team as being weakened. Suarez would win us more points than the three just mentioned. So we have to be very smart about how much we get for Suarez and what we can manage in return. There were rumours that Barca would offer us Tello and Pedro as part of the deal but personally I find that insulting in the extreme. If you want the world's best striker, you have to offer an important player in return.

We were mugs with the Michael Owen transfer. It's not the time to be stupid. We must learn from past mistakes.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #303: Jun 24, 2014 11:49:01 am
      Its simple - if Barca want him, tell them it will cost them Messi or Neymar

For Madrid, Benzema + cash or Ronaldo

that is the level of player Suarez is.

In all of this , remember one thing. Teams can only player 11 players - and probably only 2 / 3 forwards. Teams like Barca and Madrid already have those slots filled - so if they want Suarez, its a swap, plain and simple
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #304: Jun 24, 2014 12:07:14 pm
      Apparently Arsenal are favourites to sign Alexis Sanchez. If so, there is no player other than Neymar I'd want to do in a part exchange.

So unless Barca are willing to offer us 拢80m+ or cash with Neymar or Sanchez, I wouldn't even bother selling to them. They are not going to sell Neymar so it all depends on what they plan to do with Sanchez. They sell him to anyone else then we should call it quits with Barca. He is the best replacement we can get for Suarez. Quite similar in some respects.

There is no player from Real Madrid I'd want coming here in a part exchange deal though. Benzema is too similar to Sturridge. I couldn't see them both playing that well together. Di Maria is inconsistent. A great player when at his best though. Maybe even better than Sanchez.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #305: Jun 24, 2014 12:43:13 pm
      Apparently Arsenal are favourites to sign Alexis Sanchez.
      Says who?
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #306: Jun 24, 2014 12:46:44 pm

His cousin's auntie's brother's daughter's sister-in-law's dog probably, mate. :D

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid)
      Reply #307: Jun 24, 2014 01:10:38 pm
      If Luis Suarez is going, it'll be done swiftly, nothing like the joke last summer, it'll happen quicker than we might think.
      Won't have time to go on about the media. I still think he'll go to Barca, but I'll be baffled because he fought hard with his team mates to get CL football.
      He doesn't like his treatment in this country, him and his wife may just decide it's time to go.
      Lfc will move on and that money will be used well, Sturridge is a great striker who is already here and settled I have no fear of life after Luis, as much as I love his style of football, he excites and puts so much effort in.
      I won't be crying into my cornflakes if we get a ton of money and Suarez goes. I haven't ate cornflakes for ages but you get my point.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #308: Jun 24, 2014 01:11:10 pm
      If Suarez goes it won't be down to him, his rather cute blonde wife is the one holding the "Cojones" in this.
      If she's happy and content in Liverpool, he will be. If she's unhappy, he'll be off.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #309: Jun 24, 2014 01:24:31 pm
      His cousin's auntie's brother's daughter's sister-in-law's dog probably, mate. :D

Says a number of different bookies. Type into Google transfer betting and check it out yourself.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #310: Jun 24, 2014 01:25:34 pm
      If Suarez goes it won't be down to him, his rather cute blonde wife is the one holding the "Cojones" in this.
      If she's happy and content in Liverpool, he will be. If she's unhappy, he'll be off.

Well yes that's totally right, wives try to do what's best for their family and notice if their husband has changed or isn't content/happy at the present time.
      I'd wish him and his family well whatever, hopefully he won't go to Man city or something.... Or Man u arghh
      He looked happy last season, he isn't some pantomime villain for the disgusting press here to mock, I haven't noticed much anti Suarez bullshit in the media since he came back from his ban.
      It seems to still be in his head though.
      Either way we win. If he stays - his assists and goals will be vital, if he goes - we'll have a nice chunk of money to build up the team, not just one important player etc.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #311: Jun 24, 2014 01:33:26 pm
      Says a number of different bookies. Type into Google transfer betting and check it out yourself.

I was saying it completely tongue in cheek, mate.

I wouldn't use transfer betting odds as an indication of favourites, mate. Those are driven by market betting, I'm sure at one point several bookies suspended bets on us signing Sneijder because of the betting activity.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #312: Jun 24, 2014 01:36:40 pm
      I was saying it completely tongue in cheek, mate.

I wouldn't use transfer betting odds as an indication of favourites, mate. Those are driven by market betting, I'm sure at one point several bookies suspended bets on us signing Sneijder because of the betting activity.

I know. I was kind of responding to FL at the same time.

We'll see what happens. Only have vague memories of when we were being linked with Sneijder. Wasn't that when we got Coutinho?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #313: Jun 24, 2014 01:37:08 pm
      As long as he doesn't go another club in England he has my blessing.

He's worth 100m. I doubt any players would be included in a swap deal, we are presuming those players would want to move to England and play for us - they might not want too! Even if they get told they have no future because of the signing of Luis! So we will get a large fee for him.

It might have already been discussed but don't barca have a ban on signing players?
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #314: Jun 24, 2014 01:41:27 pm
      I know. I was kind of responding to FL at the same time.

We'll see what happens. Only have vague memories of when we were being linked with Sneijder. Wasn't that when we got Coutinho?

It was mate, yeah. All the hype was building about us signing Sneijder, several bookies suspended betting, then we signed Coutinho and it appeared we hadn't moved for Sneijder but that the betting odds appeared to show we had because of people betting off the back of the hype.

I'd like to think that if it were between us and the arse, Sanchez would pick us. But I would rather have BOTH Luis and Sanchez than Sanchez with no Luis.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #315: Jun 24, 2014 01:46:52 pm
      Laura #Garracharrua @LBCeleste 路 14h
      Mr Balbi "there is no question that Luis would do fine anywhere... and he would do great here too"

Mr Balbi "we are use to the press saying that HE is going to this team or the other... "

Mr.Balbi "we would love to have our grandchildren closer...of course"

Mr Balbi " We would love for him to come and be here of course...that would be great"

Mr Balbi "He knows that inside Liverpool everybody loves and respects him. He would not move to another EPL team"

The comments frm LSuarez father in law.. Hypothetically "IF Luis would depart from EPL, his first choice would be Spain" Key word here "IF"
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #316: Jun 24, 2014 01:47:33 pm
      Genius player that will never be forgotten if he goes. Let's just hope his replacement, who could be Lambert would be up to the task.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #317: Jun 24, 2014 01:57:49 pm
      Looks like L霉is is off to me.
      If he is then its Madrid or Barcelona.

Either way its not the end of the world if Luis leaves us now after we've achieved Champions
      League football. So long as we get a good deal for him I'll wish all the best for the future, make
      sure we have a sell on percentage of any further transfers as well as first refusal on him if he decides to come back to England.

You cant keep a top player who doesn't want to play for you these days so sell him & move on.

Thanks for the memories Luis shine o帽 you crazy diamond. ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #318: Jun 24, 2014 02:20:03 pm
      As long as he doesn't go another club in England he has my blessing.

He's worth 100m. I doubt any players would be included in a swap deal, we are presuming those players would want to move to England and play for us - they might not want too! Even if they get told they have no future because of the signing of Luis! So we will get a large fee for him.

It might have already been discussed but don't barca have a ban on signing players?

the ban is on hold pending the appeal
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #319: Jun 24, 2014 02:20:51 pm
      Looks like L霉is is off to me.
      If he is then its Madrid or Barcelona.

Either way its not the end of the world if Luis leaves us now after we've achieved Champions
      League football. So long as we get a good deal for him I'll wish all the best for the future, make
      sure we have a sell on percentage of any further transfers as well as first refusal on him if he decides to come back to England.

You cant keep a top player who doesn't want to play for you these days so sell him & move on.

Thanks for the memories Luis shine o帽 you crazy diamond. ?
      Why not wait till any deal is confirmed?  Or at least a formal enquiry is reported.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #320: Jun 24, 2014 02:53:05 pm
      This is a dark, sad thread right now. I'll reserve my goodbyes until there is some official evidence of his departure.

If we lose Suarez, we lose one of the best players in the world today (top 3 in my opinion). He's easily the smartest forward I've seen and a top talent.

If he does go, I hope that whoever is in control of our transfers is capable of investing the money wisely - because if we use the funds properly we can actually manage to come out as a better overall team even if we lose our best player.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #321: Jun 24, 2014 02:53:20 pm
      OK, before we get all these "looks like he's off to me" posts, let's not forget that while Barca's transfer ban is suspended, we totally have the bargain chip here ***IF*** there are any negotiations. They might face a one-year ban starting in the winter, so they can't take any chances and would need to add to their squad NOW. That means the fees they'll dole out this summer will be much higher than normally would be. Assuming, of course, Suarez a) has a buyout clause and b) Barca or Real are prepared to match it and c) if any of these stories have any substance whatsoever.

Quick Reply