Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)

Read 90841 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Reply #897: Jul 02, 2014 10:23:04 pm

When you get the bike lad?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #898: Jul 02, 2014 10:23:49 pm
      Will some of you please answer this question for me so I know what your valuation is for Suarez?...
      Given what happened before with his bans (I'm not for one moment saying Suarez didn't get treated badly and over punished)
      and his new ban, what would you appraise him at in todays market?

(taking into consideration his price was going to plummet after that sh*t in the World cup)
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #899: Jul 02, 2014 10:27:00 pm
      £80 million. Not a penny less.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #900: Jul 02, 2014 10:27:03 pm
      Just keep him.
      Last time he got angry and was bitching about wanting to move out, he stayed and had the season of his life. I wouldn't mind a repeat of that.
      He's the 3rd best player in the world, there's no such thing as a single player capable of replacing him.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #901: Jul 02, 2014 10:27:30 pm
      Will some of you please answer this question for me so I know what your valuation is for Suarez?...
      Given what happened before with his bans (I'm not for one moment saying Suarez didn't get treated badly and over punished)
      and his new ban, what would you appraise him at in todays market?

(taking into consideration his price was going to plummet after that sh*t in the World cup)

I'm not sure why his price would plummet. Being a tw*t doesn't mean he's worth less.
      His release clause (if there is one) is the price we want for him as a minimum, end of.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #902: Jul 02, 2014 10:29:11 pm
      The thing is he very much wanted to move to Arsenal last summer. As much as I enjoy taking the piss out of the Arsenal fans I know, they would have been a pretty decent team with Suarez up front instead of the clowns they have in that position currently; arguably good enough to challenge for major trophies (which is what he claims to have wanted). Furthermore, it wouldn't exactly have been hard for him to just try to engineer a move away from Arsenal a year or so after joining them if he decided they weren't cutting the mustard. So it just seems bizarre to me that he would hand a transfer request in now when he didn't go down that alley last year. Especially considering we finished 7th in 12/13.

I think he really wanted CL in Spain and playing Arsenal vs. Liverpool was nothing more than a plea to the South saying come take me away.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #903: Jul 02, 2014 10:29:12 pm
      His release clause (if there is one) is the price we want for him as a minimum, end of.

His release clause is what we want for him as a maximum, no? Who would be stupid enough to pay, say, £50M, if we were forced to sell for £40M? :D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #904: Jul 02, 2014 10:29:41 pm
      It's really very simple.
      He clearly doesn't want to wear the mighty Red shirt and wants out to head off to Spain
      Fine
      He has been amazing most of the time on the pitch but been a tw*t at times and also when away from Anfield.
      We deserve better.
      Sell. And sell at a premium.
      Then move on and reinvest the massive profit into developing a higher standard of first 11 and squad.
      So bitterly tired of Luis and his antics.
      To me, he has utterly tarnished out club.
      I cheered him on last season when it seemed he was a redeemed character and was committed to the long haul but, surprise surprise, he dicks it up again.
      Thanks for the good memories and the amazing title challenge, but as an old school LFC fan, I see the club as far bigger than one petulant fool and know with BR at the helm and a bit of luck in the transfer window, that we will move forward.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #905: Jul 02, 2014 10:31:51 pm
      MrBoywunder @MrBoywunder
      Echo - Barca's initial offer of £60m fell well short of the demands of around £75m but it looks likely that an agreement will be reached.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #906: Jul 02, 2014 10:33:29 pm
      MrBoywunder @MrBoywunder
      Echo - Barca's initial offer of £60m fell well short of the demands of around £75m but it looks likely that an agreement will be reached.

Just a matter of time Diego, get Sanchez and Shaqari another striker and dump everything else into the back 4.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #907: Jul 02, 2014 10:35:12 pm
      I'm not sure why his price would plummet. Being a tw*t doesn't mean he's worth less.

Unfortunately, it does mean he is worth less.

If you are buying an expensive car, but find out it has a mechanical fault that will cause it to sporadically break down without warning... you wouldn't pay full price on that car. It has a fault. A defect.

Suarez has just shown the world that he has a mechanical problem. It comes as a complete surprise. Without any warning. Without any reason. It can happen any time.. and it will happen.

No way is he worth the regular prices you would pay for a player. His antics have in reality lowered his price. That's business..
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #908: Jul 02, 2014 10:37:00 pm
      Ben Smith saying his LFC source has described the talks as productive.

Which hopefully doesn't transplant to us getting shafted.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2873 
      Reply #909: Jul 02, 2014 10:37:12 pm
      Doubt he has a clause, otherwise I think Barca would have activated it already (if it's lower than 70m like I'm reading).
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #910: Jul 02, 2014 10:38:16 pm
      Sanchez has to be part of that deal, if Luis really is going (I would prefer him to stay, regardless of bites or no bites, I just find the whole circus over it ridiculous). Such a great player and I've become an even bigger fan after watching him live.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #911: Jul 02, 2014 10:38:39 pm

Productive ?

So Ayre grew some balls and told Barca to pay the asking price or get fu**ed ?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #912: Jul 02, 2014 10:39:39 pm

Which hopefully doesn't transplant to us getting shafted.

Agree,
      It seems to be the way at the moment.
      If the clause is 80 Million then i have a horrible feeling that Barca will get him for less than that.
      Would LOVE Sanchez but don't have a huge amount of faith in out transfer team when dealing with foreign clubs.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #913: Jul 02, 2014 10:40:50 pm
      75 million will be the right price at this point in time for me. All things considered. Count ourselves lucky, he wants to go probably, if so; then, that's good money.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      Reply #914: Jul 02, 2014 10:41:41 pm
      Doubt he has a clause, otherwise I think Barca would have activated it already (if it's lower than 70m like I'm reading).

Agree.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #915: Jul 02, 2014 10:44:42 pm
      The whole Suarez, "he's a crazy man but he is our crazy man" really doesn't make sense to me at all.
      My fav player of all time is Ian Rush.
      If he had come out and said awful homophobic or racist things or had bitten a players repeatedly, i would, with a heavy heart, want him gone.
      It tarnishes our name.
      Liverpool is above and beyond ANY other club and we deserve to expect and get better.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      Reply #916: Jul 02, 2014 10:45:52 pm
      Sky reckon that nothing is finalised and further talks will take place. They and The Echo using the productive line. Sanchez has various offers and was discussed but doesn't seem likely to me.

£75 million the figure.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-hold-productive-talks-7362550

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #917: Jul 02, 2014 10:47:58 pm
      MrBoywunder @MrBoywunder

Full thing can be read here.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #918: Jul 02, 2014 10:53:15 pm
      So the inevitable seems to be happening.

He wants to go.

The club want him out I'd guess so we sell him for topdollar and move on.

I didn't want us to sell him but this was always going to happen if not this summer then definitley the next so we get the best deal we can.

RedWilly

• 9,217 posts | 1646 
      Reply #919: Jul 02, 2014 10:54:47 pm
      Productive ?

So Ayre grew some balls and told Barca to pay the asking price or get fu**ed ?

Rumour has it they threw in a free service for his Harley, must of been a long trip riding down to London.

Quick Reply