Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Divock Origi (Lille)

Read 22411 times
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 472 posts | 22 
      Divock Origi (Lille)
      Jun 25, 2014 11:19:18 pm
      Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes  44s
      Liverpool are closing in on a deal for Belgium international Divock Origi. Spurs are also interested but Liverpool lead the race.

Goal against Russia...
      Tony Barrett piece...
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2014 12:06:37 pm by Reslivo »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Divock Origi
      Reply #1: Jun 25, 2014 11:26:37 pm
      I'd love us to sign the lad, only because I was at the stadium in that game and saw him score in the World Cup :D He did play much better than Lukaku though, who was hugely disappointing; Origi came on and actually started winning balls and make things happen.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2: Jun 26, 2014 12:03:58 am
      He suppose to replace Luis :o :f_tongueincheek:

It is a typical signing if indeed comes true, young player with not a lot of first team experience which falls under the 5m-10m range
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 26, 2014 12:11:12 am
      his played 40 times and scored just 6 goals. dosent fill me up with confidence
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4: Jun 26, 2014 12:36:38 am
      Looked very lively when he came on, completely changed the momentum of the game and added much needed pace and ambition to Belgium's attack. However that is the only time I've ever seen him play.

Seems a typical FSG signing though, low risk - high reward again, I just really hope we have signed Sanchez without Suarez leaving as that would actually fill me with a bit of confidence. These types of signings just make me think it will follow a similar pattern to the others, loan, hope he comes good, if not ship him out for not much of a loss and try again.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #5: Jun 26, 2014 01:08:29 am
      oh, wonderful, more "building for the future."

So in a few years, Luis Alberto, Borini, Origi, Flanagan, Ilori and co are going to be running riot in the league and in the Champions League.

While Suarez, Coutinho and co will all have moved on to clubs that actually care about winning NOW as well as the future.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #6: Jun 26, 2014 01:25:04 am
      I didn't realise the transfer window was closing end of June. 
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #7: Jun 26, 2014 02:25:27 am
      I didn't realise the transfer window was closing end of June.

The problem is that despite his teething issues, Suarez is one of the top three players in the world right now, and he could very well be itching for a move----not by the end of the window, but NOW.

So you're him, and you're wondering what ambition the club is showing, what ambition we are going to display to match HIS ambition---and the signings are Emre Can, Rickie Lambert, and Divock Origi (who won't even be here next season).  Does that inspire you with confidence, if you're Luis Suarez?

He could be gone by the beginning of July at this rate.  We don't have time to sit around and do everything late in the window because both he and other primary targets could be gone by then.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #8: Jun 26, 2014 06:31:22 am
      The problem is that despite his teething issues, Suarez is one of the top three players in the world right now, and he could very well be itching for a move----not by the end of the window, but NOW.

So you're him, and you're wondering what ambition the club is showing, what ambition we are going to display to match HIS ambition---and the signings are Emre Can, Rickie Lambert, and Divock Origi (who won't even be here next season).  Does that inspire you with confidence, if you're Luis Suarez?

He could be gone by the beginning of July at this rate.  We don't have time to sit around and do everything late in the window because both he and other primary targets could be gone by then.

I read it as 'someone please feed me, I am a hungry troll'
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #9: Jun 26, 2014 07:48:36 am
      oh, wonderful, more "building for the future."

Wow - so you suggest we stop investing in youth and just buy a finished product... Im glad that you are not in charge of our club, I would guess that Sterling & Flanno feel the same!

His scoring record is not great - but he is still young. Wouldn't mind, however we seem to be purchasing or linked with a lot of strikers...
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #10: Jun 26, 2014 09:21:28 am
      Wow - so you suggest we stop investing in youth and just buy a finished product... Im glad that you are not in charge of our club, I would guess that Sterling & Flanno feel the same!

His scoring record is not great - but he is still young. Wouldn't mind, however we seem to be purchasing or linked with a lot of strikers...
      Plus he played through the wings and has only 12 starts as per reports.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #11: Jun 26, 2014 09:26:51 am
      I don't want any orgies. We need quality upfront.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #12: Jun 26, 2014 09:34:31 am
      So we replace one top class Div with an young replacement one

:D
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #13: Jun 26, 2014 12:47:00 pm
      Should get this youngster. No matter how good he is, Brendan can get him much better.And who said he is Suarez's replacemant?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #14: Jun 26, 2014 01:17:03 pm
      @RBairner
      #Liverpool to sign Belgium international forward Divock #Origi from Lille in the coming days, La Voix du Nord reports. Fee between €11-13m.

#Origi will then be loaned back to Lille for the coming season. Fee seems high for a largely unproven player. #Liverpool #LOSC
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #15: Jun 26, 2014 02:49:52 pm
      Interesting one very different to our current crop or what I would perceive as a "Brendan Rodgers" player. Like the very little I've seen of him, just hope this deal isn't based on 2 substitute sppearances at the WC
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #16: Jun 26, 2014 02:56:06 pm
      @RBairner
      #Liverpool to sign Belgium international forward Divock #Origi from Lille in the coming days, La Voix du Nord reports. Fee between €11-13m.

#Origi will then be loaned back to Lille for the coming season. Fee seems high for a largely unproven player. #Liverpool #LOSC

Really hope this isn't true to be honest. We have seriously pressing positions to fill in our current squad, no sense blowing our funds on players that may or may not come good in the future... again.

:mad:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #17: Jun 26, 2014 02:58:56 pm
      @RBairner

€11-13m is a big gamble for a totally unproven player! and he'll not even play for us next season.
      Surely that 'extra' money could have gone to Moreno whom Sevilla are ready to sell if the valuation is met. Confused over our committee's priorities
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Jun 26, 2014 03:33:30 pm
      11-13m? Thought it'd be like 4 or 5. It's yet another pointless signing! These shocking signings by Brendan and this dodgy committee are racking up as each window goes by.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #19: Jun 26, 2014 04:08:47 pm
      I'd rather be getting an unknown with great potential than a Benzema, Giroud or Lukaku.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20: Jun 26, 2014 04:31:54 pm
      I'd rather be getting an unknown with great potential than a Benzema, Giroud or Lukaku.

You'd rather buy Origi than Benzema or Lukaku? Off your tits.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #21: Jun 26, 2014 05:01:43 pm
      with luis out till, november what point in loan him when we need other forward,
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22: Jun 26, 2014 06:09:49 pm
      with luis out till, november what point in loan him when we need other forward,

Studge, Lambert, Borini & Aspas are insufficient?

Quick Reply