Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Mario Balotelli (Milan)

Read 60540 times
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 469 posts | 11 
      Mario Balotelli (Milan)
      Jul 02, 2014 03:48:09 pm
      http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/486056/Liverpool-eye-swoop-for-Arsenal-target-Mario-Balotelli-if-Luis-Suarez-is-sold-to-Barcelona

Look I know it's not exactly the most reputable of sources, but I reckon this could actually go through. Whilst we've been linked with a multitude of wingers and AM's in the past month or so, Suarez scurrying away would leave us with Studge as our only world-class striker. Bringing in Balotelli would almost certainly, unless we get unlucky with injuries/suspensions, mean we'd always have at least 1 high-end striker to start every league and CL game. There are clearly question marks over his work ethic and disciplinary record, but you'd hope that these were areas BR and his team could iron out.

So what are your thoughts on him potentially signing for us? I'd personally love it as long as he doesn't behave like Suarez.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Mario Balotelli (Milan)
      Reply #1: Jul 02, 2014 03:49:56 pm
      10000000000000000% no thank you. Not good enough. too inconsistent, arrogant and will most likely get bored after 1 season and want to move!
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #2: Jul 02, 2014 03:55:06 pm
      10000000000000000% no thank you. Not good enough. too inconsistent, arrogant and will most likely get bored after 1 season and want to move!
      Who would you want us to sign as a replacement for Suarez then?
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #3: Jul 02, 2014 03:56:57 pm
      I also encourage people to consider the entertainment value that the guy would bring to the club  ;)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4: Jul 02, 2014 04:04:54 pm

Obviously, Falcao, Lavezzi, Cavani, Aguero or Lewandowski, but they're 100% not available :(

Then there's Remy, Bony & Benteke who seem to be available, but, I would love us to take a risk on youth and buy either Origi or Morata and play them regularly.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #5: Jul 02, 2014 04:19:58 pm
      Obviously, Falcao, Lavezzi, Cavani, Aguero or Lewandowski, but they're 100% not available :(

Then there's Remy, Bony & Benteke who seem to be available, but, I would love us to take a risk on youth and buy either Origi or Morata and play them regularly.
      That's my point though. Balotelli is available and arguably pretty close to or on par with the first group in terms of skill. I personally rate him more highly than Lavezzi and Cavani anyway from what I've seen.

By replace I mean play in the same position at a high peformance level. Remy, Bony and Benteke are very unlikely to be anywhere near as good as Suarez was. 
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #6: Jul 02, 2014 04:20:00 pm
      An absolute no for this. He is the perfect anti-BR philosophy. Doesn't press, track back, loses his hunger pretty soon, annoyingly careless and most of all not worth the troubles.

As for your question, as to whom we should replace Luis with, we already are linked with the names. Sanchez, albeit not the perfect replacement, comes close. Last year, we played with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling with absolutely no contributions from Aspas, Assaidi and Borini. Replacing the last 3 with Lambert, Shaqiri and Markovic is a huge upgrade.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #7: Jul 02, 2014 04:20:35 pm

Could try to tempt Juve into selling Tevez, Munich into selling Mandzukic, or City into selling one of Dzeko or Jovetic.  I think any of these 4 would give us great quality and depth at the CF position with Studge, Lambert, and Borini. 
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #8: Jul 02, 2014 04:20:47 pm
      I am 100% against his signing.
      When his head is right and he gets the ball consistently then yes, he is great.
      But without the ball and when not focused, he becomes a very expensive liability.
      There is a reason why he has moved or looked to move on so many occasions from club to club.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #9: Jul 02, 2014 04:22:40 pm
      An absolute no for this. He is the perfect anti-BR philosophy. Doesn't press, track back, loses his hunger pretty soon, annoyingly careless and most of all not worth the troubles.

As for your question, as to whom we should replace Luis with, we already are linked with the names. Sanchez, albeit not the perfect replacement, comes close. Last year, we played with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling with absolutely no contributions from Aspas, Assaidi and Borini. Replacing the last 3 with Lambert, Shaqiri and Markovic is a huge upgrade.
      None of those play CF apart from Lambert though. I think Lambert is a good striker but I'm not sure he's good enough to rely on when Sturridge is out. We definitely need to be bringing in another top striker if Suarez leaves.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #10: Jul 02, 2014 04:26:40 pm
      I also encourage people to consider the entertainment value that the guy would bring to the club  ;)

I encourage those people to stick their heads in a F***ing oven.

Don't want this c**t anywhere near the club, yeah has flashes of brilliance every now and then, but also seen him look shockingly bad and F***ing lazy, definitely not a Liverpool player!
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #11: Jul 02, 2014 04:29:26 pm

Iker Muniaín

I know, not a direct replacement, and I always say we should sign him, and theres probably no chance and I think he just signed a new contract and we just signed lallana....and.....and.. ..but f**k I would be excited if we did.
      With the money we will have and Cl football he has to be worth a punt.

On Mario, I really like him but would hate to have him as a player, he must be the most frustrating player on the planet, you know he is a great player, but he too often cant be arsed.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #12: Jul 02, 2014 04:32:44 pm
      None of those play CF apart from Lambert though. I think Lambert is a good striker but I'm not sure he's good enough to rely on when Sturridge is out. We definitely need to be bringing in another top striker if Suarez leaves.

The idea is to have 2 players in each position. So the front-3 will be something like

Sanchez/Sterling - Sturridge/Lambert - Markovic/Shaqiri

Remember, Sanchez and Vargas aren't out and out CFs but they played together as a front-2 for Chile and worked out pretty well.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #13: Jul 02, 2014 04:54:03 pm
      Balotelli is a fantastic player when he wants to be. Problem whit him is that when hard times come and club is not in the game for highest places he just don't give enough effort. In Milan i could not bear him. He is walking around the pitch and just don't give a f**k
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #14: Jul 02, 2014 05:12:15 pm
      A funny, eccentric and decent lad by all accounts but way too unreliable/unstable/inconsistent a footballer for my personal liking. I get the impression he'll always be a "someone with so much potential but..." type footballer.

So it's a "No" from me.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #15: Jul 02, 2014 05:52:54 pm
      Do not want. Return to sender
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16: Jul 02, 2014 05:56:13 pm
      Nah, let him be lazy, funny and mostly sh*t for somebody else.
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #17: Jul 02, 2014 06:42:36 pm
      It looks like were getting rid of one fruitcake although i personally dont want him to go, so we dont need another one
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #18: Jul 02, 2014 06:54:52 pm
      This rumour has came back  aaaaaa *blood curdles*. it scares me because; I can't stand that arrogant self righteous F**k. I was made up when he left our league because I can't stand his face or antics.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #19: Jul 02, 2014 07:09:58 pm
      I'd rather put an expensive cheeky bid in for James Rodriguez.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #20: Jul 02, 2014 07:20:53 pm

I'd back you, hope you can persuade the boss.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #21: Jul 02, 2014 07:24:39 pm
      I'd back you, hope you can persuade the boss.

:laugh: Couldn't say no at the age he's at. Plenty of time left for him to flourish further. But I'd still love Sanchez to come in and for us to have cash to improve our defence also.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #22: Jul 02, 2014 07:37:22 pm

Would love for us to do that. But that would command a large fee for his services. But if Suarez goes I would like to see us reinvest that into Rodriguez.

Quick Reply