Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Mario Balotelli (Milan)

Read 60538 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Mario Balotelli (Milan)
      Reply #23: Jul 02, 2014 08:25:37 pm
      :laugh: Couldn't say no at the age he's at. Plenty of time left for him to flourish further. But I'd still love Sanchez to come in and for us to have cash to improve our defence also.

I'm not going to say I know a ton about Rodriguez, I saw him score my fave two goals so far at the WC, and people rate him very highly.
      I wouldn't mind if all the money (minus the Sanchez chunk of change) was spent on one player who has the potential he has, instead of frittering it away just because we have it.
      So we go all out for James Rodriguez, I'd say it's probably the best route to go down.
      His wages will be high so that's extra, but we may have to do it to replace the force that is Suarez.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,309 posts | 768 
      Reply #24: Jul 02, 2014 08:58:50 pm
      Mario Balotelli I would think, would just prove another headache for Brendan, best left alone tbh.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,869 posts | 165 
      Reply #25: Jul 02, 2014 09:48:15 pm
      Bony would be a good shout, especially if we can get sanchez as part of suarez deal.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #26: Jul 02, 2014 10:38:03 pm
      Bony would be a good shout, especially if we can get sanchez as part of suarez deal.

After we've already got Studge, Lambo, Borini and Suarez' replacement? I wouldn't take him now, would have before we got Lambert, they're both similar types of players, just Bony's a bit quicker
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #27: Jul 02, 2014 10:48:16 pm
      I know I may be in a small minority but I'd love Balotelli here.
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #28: Jul 02, 2014 11:33:02 pm
      I know I may be in a small minority but I'd love Balotelli here.

I kinda wouldnt mind it either. Sure he has his issues but there's no denying he's a good talent and would make us better. Not sure if the pro's would outweigh the con's but I wouldnt hate the move
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #29: Jul 02, 2014 11:36:21 pm
      My god, I know it's a longshot, actually will likely never happen. Could you imagine Ballotelli and Suarez on the some team.  Imagine how many psychologists we would need on staff?  The journos would have a lot of fun I'm sure.  "Suarez bites a handicapped child on his way into Melwood.  Ballotelli finishes him off with a sling shot"
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #30: Jul 03, 2014 12:22:26 am
      My god, I know it's a longshot, actually will likely never happen. Could you imagine Ballotelli and Suarez on the some team.  Imagine how many psychologists we would need on staff?  The journos would have a lot of fun I'm sure.  "Suarez bites a handicapped child on his way into Melwood.  Ballotelli finishes him off with a sling shot"

Ashley Cole's available too, to open fire with his bb gun...

This threads going no-where. Whats everyone's mental 11? They have to be decent but whacko
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #31: Jul 03, 2014 12:41:08 am

Who is that girl in your sig? I need to know for scientific reasons.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #32: Jul 03, 2014 01:07:11 am
      Probably alone, but I think it would be a great signing. Not that expensive, he is young and keen to prove that he is a world class striker.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #33: Jul 03, 2014 01:15:22 am
      To me this would be near the levels of Jose Mourinho becoming our manager eeeeeeeee, please no.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #34: Jul 03, 2014 04:52:35 am
      Who is that girl in your sig? I need to know for scientific reasons.

Sasha Cohen, former US figure skater.  She's wearing a New York Rangers jersey.  ;D not the first time I've answered this question and most likely not the last.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #35: Jul 03, 2014 07:14:20 am
      Ashley Cole's available too, to open fire with his bb gun...

This threads going no-where. Whats everyone's mental 11? They have to be decent but whacko

Football is all about triangles of attack right?  Well if we got the three of them on the pitch at the same time we'd conquer the world.  I reckon we would only need someone that's good with a knife.  I wonder if that Solazzo fella from Sicily is available.  (I hope someone gets my joke and reference).
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36: Jul 03, 2014 07:40:49 am
      Football is all about triangles of attack right?  Well if we got the three of them on the pitch at the same time we'd conquer the world.  I reckon we would only need someone that's good with a knife.  I wonder if that Solazzo fella from Sicily is available.  (I hope someone gets my joke and reference).

Godfather?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #37: Jul 03, 2014 10:02:59 am
      Game changer.  Would have him here in a heartbeat if Suarez is off.

Front three of---

Sterling Balotelli Sanchez

---has pace, trickery, power and an aerial threat.  Plan A, B and C all in the starting XI.

He's got his issues but none moreso than Suarez.

also he's getting married soon and that tends to make men more settled and mature.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Jul 03, 2014 10:12:10 am
      Game changer.  Would have him here in a heartbeat if Suarez is off.

Front three of---

Sterling Balotelli Sanchez

---has pace, trickery, power and an aerial threat.  Plan A, B and C all in the starting XI.

He's got his issues but none moreso than Suarez.

also he's getting married soon and that tends to make men more settled and mature.

Balotelli also tends to disappear for 80 minutes per game. When he's not in the mood he's lazy as F**k and that happens more often than not. I'd certainly not want him here, not consistent enough.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #39: Jul 03, 2014 10:13:21 am
      This won't happen IMHO, but if it did I'd personally be MASSIVELY for it. I'd go as far as saying that if it were a choice between a reluctant Sanchez and a willing Ballotelli, I'd go for the Italian every time. Here's why:

He's obviously an extremely talented player who's game is absolutely suited, designed almost for English football. He's got pace, power, strength, touch, is good in the air and can hold it up. He knows the English game and was a partial success before, has scored against the good sides and the best defenders and wouldn't be fazed in any way shape or form in terms of self confidence about joining Liverpool. He has a bit to prove, particularly after Italy's early exit and his being shunted around some of the biggest clubs in Europe. Also, he's young and represents little to no risk whatsoever in the transfer market. If we bought him for mid 20's I cannot see how we could possibly fail to get at least 2/3 of our money back if it didn't work.

The negatives? Well we all know he's at best a bit eccentric, at worst a complete nut. Also, his attitude at times has stunk the place out, he can be unreliable and an egotist who only wants to play for himself and not the team. Aside from the "nut" bit, doesn't he remind you of another young striker which we picked up for a bit of a song from Chelsea? He had a "bad attitude", wanted the team to be "built around him" needed to be "the main man" and other such nonsense. In his case, the manager with a combination of putting his arm around his shoulder and no doubt giving him 50 lines "I must not be a cock" on occasions managed to straighten him out. He turned out to be a fantastic player for us, 20 odd goals in a season in the league without taking penalties was pretty special and were it not for Suarez's off the scale efforts would have been recognised as such.

So can Ballotelli be another Danny Sturridge? I think he can. I rate the managers ability to get inside players heads, and if it were to be so, we would have the best young attacking strikeforce in Europe.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #40: Jul 03, 2014 10:14:12 am
      Sasha Cohen, former US figure skater.  She's wearing a New York Rangers jersey.  ;D not the first time I've answered this question and most likely not the last.

A photoshopped image apparently, one for the neutral....

As for the loon, he will never, ever, ever come here.
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #41: Jul 03, 2014 10:17:54 am
      Balotelli? No thanks. Too much drama. Keep pushing for Sanchez, and then a Benzema or Bony - type.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #42: Jul 03, 2014 10:27:12 am
      A photoshopped image apparently, one for the neutral....

As for the loon, he will never, ever, ever come here.

Somebody has that image of a very fit lady as their sig Ian, very inviting it is. 
      LFCexiled
      Reply #43: Jul 03, 2014 10:52:23 am
      Somebody has that image of a very fit lady as their sig Ian, very inviting it is. 

Probably more inviting if the photographer had rotated 180 degrees. ;D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #44: Jul 03, 2014 11:12:04 am
      Probably more inviting if the photographer had rotated 180 degrees. ;D

So he was upside down?  >:D

LFCexiled
      Reply #45: Jul 03, 2014 11:18:55 am

Aye, I have an artex fetish. Mmmmm artex. :D

Quick Reply