Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Marco Reus (Dortmund)

Read 63052 times
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Re: Marco Reus (Dortmund)
      Reply #391: Jul 24, 2014 04:10:58 pm
      Maybe our fans can encourage him to sign, when we play Dotrmund in the friendly august 10th.  ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #392: Jul 24, 2014 08:47:56 pm
      Maybe our fans can encourage him to sign, when we play Dotrmund in the friendly august 10th.  ;)

Or maybe we inserted the 'Arrange Friendly' clause when we negotiated his impending transfer.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #393: Jul 24, 2014 09:15:07 pm
      Or maybe we inserted the 'Arrange Friendly' clause when we negotiated his impending transfer.

Perhaps - personally I am waiting for the 'he starts for Dortmund and plays second half for Liverpool' twitter lines to start...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #394: Jul 24, 2014 09:31:49 pm
      Perhaps - personally I am waiting for the 'he starts for Dortmund and plays second half for Liverpool' twitter lines to start...

Classic!

I love humans. Idiots.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #395: Jul 24, 2014 10:21:16 pm
      Haha
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #396: Jul 25, 2014 07:18:52 am
      One of the suggestions with Reus is Dortmund will look to sell him abroad this year before Bayern can activate his exit clause next....
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #397: Jul 25, 2014 08:03:07 am
      One of the suggestions with Reus is Dortmund will look to sell him abroad this year before Bayern can activate his exit clause next....

F**K the clause! Bid 45mil..  >:D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #398: Jul 25, 2014 08:27:08 am

Dortmund aren't clever enough to do that. Look at what happened with Lewandowski. If they sell Reus to Bayern next summer then they might as well try and force their way into another league like Celtic tried doing a few years ago because they're not winning the German league :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #399: Jul 29, 2014 07:14:36 am
      Made you look :)
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #400: Jul 29, 2014 08:32:17 am
      Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 1m
      Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus has turned down a new contract with the club. (Source: BILD)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #401: Jul 29, 2014 08:46:44 am
      Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 1m
      Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus has turned down a new contract with the club. (Source: BILD)

If this is true then we need to go all out to sign Reus. ALL OUT!!!!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #402: Jul 29, 2014 08:47:45 am
      One way ticket to Dortmund for Mr Ayre.

He gets two return tickets when he nabs us Reus.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #403: Jul 29, 2014 08:49:26 am
      Relax the kecks lads this Reus story has Munich written all over it
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #404: Jul 29, 2014 08:49:27 am
      We really need a signing of this magnitude. As it stands we have no real world class talent. We have one or two who have the potential to be world class but arent there yet.
      Iv veen pretty underwhelmed with our signings so far. Its much of the same as previous seasons. Overpaying for players who arent worth the price tag. Lovren I think is a good signing and hopefully lallana will priduce for us what he did at Southampton but im fearing he could be another joe allen. The rest well I dont know yet and I think not even BR knows. They all seem like gambles and I know every signing is a gamble but they are unproven really on any level with signs of top talent that we are hoping will fully develope.
      A player like reus would give the whole club, players and fans a lift after losing suarez. Its all great the players saying we wont struggle without suarez but wev lost a huge part of our game. If replaced with reus or a talent similar it would certainly lessen the blow. As our squad stands I think top four will be a struggle this year. Just an opinion that I hope im wrong with.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #405: Jul 29, 2014 08:51:41 am

Reus has already publically stated he will never sign for Bayern. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #406: Jul 29, 2014 08:52:57 am
      We need this player. He is the closest possible replacement to Luis out there.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #407: Jul 29, 2014 08:53:57 am
      Reus has already publically stated he will never sign for Bayern. 

Baz this is football do you think previous statements mean fook all? I remember an ugly fat lad once saying once a blue always a blue before pis*ing off down the road to play for a team in red
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #408: Jul 29, 2014 08:56:49 am
      Baz this is football do you think previous statements mean fook all? I remember an ugly fat lad once saying once a blue always a blue before pis*ing off down the road to play for a team in red

In fairness shrek was only a child ogre when he said that child ogres know not what they say  :)
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #409: Jul 29, 2014 08:56:53 am
      One way ticket to Dortmund for Mr Ayre.

He gets two return tickets when he nabs us Reus.

Love it!!!   ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #410: Jul 29, 2014 08:59:28 am
      We really need a signing of this magnitude. As it stands we have no real world class talent. We have one or two who have the potential to be world class but arent there yet.
      Iv veen pretty underwhelmed with our signings so far. Its much of the same as previous seasons. Overpaying for players who arent worth the price tag. Lovren I think is a good signing and hopefully lallana will priduce for us what he did at Southampton but im fearing he could be another joe allen. The rest well I dont know yet and I think not even BR knows. They all seem like gambles and I know every signing is a gamble but they are unproven really on any level with signs of top talent that we are hoping will fully develope.
      A player like reus would give the whole club, players and fans a lift after losing suarez. Its all great the players saying we wont struggle without suarez but wev lost a huge part of our game. If replaced with reus or a talent similar it would certainly lessen the blow. As our squad stands I think top four will be a struggle this year. Just an opinion that I hope im wrong with.

You're underwhelmed over our signings after a month. Hope Reus bags a hatty for us on debut or your in for a depressing season.

Prices are pretty fair so far. Lambert was cheap, Lallana was going to United for a similar fee few months ago and Can looks a bloody steal. Lovren seems pricey but hopefully he proves his worth. Markovic is too early to tell. 

I agree it'd be superb to have him but all isn't lost without him.

He said last season he would never sign for them.

Take a footballers words at your own risk though.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #411: Jul 29, 2014 09:04:39 am
      Marco, Danny and Raheem up front would DESTROY!!!!!!
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #412: Jul 29, 2014 09:11:59 am
      You're underwhelmed over our signings after a month. Hope Reus bags a hatty for us on debut or your in for a depressing season.

Prices are pretty fair so far. Lambert was cheap, Lallana was going to United for a similar fee few months ago and Can looks a bloody steal. Lovren seems pricey but hopefully he proves his worth. Markovic is too early to tell. 

I agree it'd be superb to have him but all isn't lost without him.

He said last season he would never sign for them.

Take a footballers words at your own risk though.

I did say iv been underwhelmed SO FAR. With champions league I think not only myself but alot more where expecting some proven champions league quality players.

Im not saying our buys have been terrible not by any means. Lambert is good to have as an option but wont make the first team any better. Lallana has shown he is a good player but still I feel overpriced for a guy who in truth has had two good seasons of note.  I think lovren is a great buy to be fair even for the price. Id say hel prove to be the best centre half in the league. Then markovic and can I dont know yet. Can has looked good and markovic has shown glimpses.

Im not writing them off I just feel we need a top top player of reus quality to come in to take us to the next level. We have depth now but we need to improve the first 11 now to keep up with the rest.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #413: Jul 29, 2014 09:30:12 am
      I did say iv been underwhelmed SO FAR. With champions league I think not only myself but alot more where expecting some proven champions league quality players.

Im not saying our buys have been terrible not by any means. Lambert is good to have as an option but wont make the first team any better. Lallana has shown he is a good player but still I feel overpriced for a guy who in truth has had two good seasons of note.  I think lovren is a great buy to be fair even for the price. Id say hel prove to be the best centre half in the league. Then markovic and can I dont know yet. Can has looked good and markovic has shown glimpses.

Im not writing them off I just feel we need a top top player of reus quality to come in to take us to the next level. We have depth now but we need to improve the first 11 now to keep up with the rest.

When was the last time you were overwhelmed in a transfer window? As I can't remember any proven world class players arriving for quite a while to LFC. Truth is we make superstars not buy them in, your probably young and will realise this over time.

Quick Reply