Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Marco Reus (Dortmund)

Read 63438 times
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: Marco Reus (Dortmund)
      Reply #621: Aug 12, 2014 06:24:55 am
      He's been named Vice Captain of Dortmund (Hummels being named Captain) in an attempt to keep him. The below article is about Hummels and the mancs... apologies, the bit in bold is the only piece of relevance.

Mats Hummels to Manchester United: Borussia Dortmund name Hummels captain to keep him out of United's clutches

Manchester United look to have missed out on Germany defender Mats Hummels after Borussia Dortmund head coach Jürgen Klopp named him captain for the new season.

United have been heavily linked with a move for the World Cup winner, while Arsenal are also believed to be interested in the 25-year-old Germany international. But Hummels has previously admitted that he would be happy to stay with Dortmund for at least another season, and the club have looked to end any talk of an exit by giving him the armband for the new Bundesliga season.

While their attempts to keep Hummels may have improved, their on-field performances suffered a blow after they lost 4-0 to Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday. While the pre-season defeat won’t concern Klopp too much, he will be determined to hold on to two of his prized assets in Hummels and co-vice-captain Marco Reus, who is attracting major interest from the Premier League.

Reus is believed to have a contract release clause of £20m that can be triggered from next summer. The attacking midfielder, who missed the World Cup through injury, was named vice-captain to Hummels along with goalkeeper Roma Weidenfeller, and he is another who has admitted his desire to remain in Germany for at least one more season.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/mats-hummels-to-manchester-united-borussia-dortmund-name-hummels-captain-to-keep-him-out-of-uniteds-clutches-9661088.html
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #622: Aug 12, 2014 06:39:03 am
      vice cap for vice cap, you guys can have Dagger....
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #623: Aug 12, 2014 07:19:54 am
      Reus is believed to have a contract release clause of £20m that can be triggered from next summer. The attacking midfielder, who missed the World Cup through injury, was named vice-captain to Hummels along with goalkeeper Roma Weidenfeller, and he is another who has admitted his desire to remain in Germany for at least one more season.

So lets remember this when some call Brendan out for not having ambition, or FSG for being skint..or the transfer committee for not making the effort.

Not everybody drops everything just because we come calling, many times and in many transfers there are far more complicated issues than just flashing a smile at a player or going all in with the cash.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #624: Aug 12, 2014 08:18:39 am
      So lets remember this when some call Brendan out for not having ambition, or FSG for being skint..or the transfer committee for not making the effort.

Not everybody drops everything just because we come calling, many times and in many transfers there are far more complicated issues than just flashing a smile at a player or going all in with the cash.

Its fine as an excuse for not getting some players in but, it isn't an excuse for us not getting a decent striker this window.. ?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #625: Aug 12, 2014 02:16:29 pm

So not even attempting to enquire about a player who was unsettled with his current team, whose team was prepared to sell him first to United, then to Barcelona, is not, on the basis of paper talk about him wanting to remain in Germany, a demonstration of showing no ambition yet considering a 34 year old mercenary with no pace, after having signed a 33 year old player with no pace, as your replacements for one of the world's best players, is a demonstration of ambition? Sums up everything currently wrong with our club.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #626: Aug 12, 2014 03:02:11 pm
      Pretty good shout. I do remember reading the Bayern president saying the timing isn't right to sign him, maybe an indication they will snap him up next season. Pure guess work though.

a la Emre Can?

Bayern do seem to like setting their duck's up in a row don't they? Are they really that powerful as a club that they seemingly waltz into opposing teams boardrooms and virtually dictate terms on a player that they want 12 months in advance?

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #627: Aug 12, 2014 04:49:01 pm
      So not even attempting to enquire about a player who was unsettled with his current team, whose team was prepared to sell him first to United, then to Barcelona, is not, on the basis of paper talk about him wanting to remain in Germany, a demonstration of showing no ambition yet considering a 34 year old mercenary with no pace, after having signed a 33 year old player with no pace, as your replacements for one of the world's best players, is a demonstration of ambition? Sums up everything currently wrong with our club.

How do you know they did not attempted to talk to him mystic meg?

Perhaps eager to replace some of the stardust lost with the departure of Suárez, Liverpool are one of a number of clubs to be linked throughout the summer with Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus. A transfer has always looked unlikely, not only because of the competition Liverpool would face, but because Dortmund have no intention of losing another big name following the exit of Robert Lewandowski.

just because something does not happen does not mean there was no effort.

is a demonstration of ambition? Sums up everything currently wrong with our club.

As you have said many times in the past it's not FSG it is the manger and his lack of ambition that is why we are where we are today because of Brendan and his lack of ambition.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #628: Aug 12, 2014 04:51:30 pm
      that is why we are where we are today because of Brendan and his lack of ambition.

;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #629: Aug 15, 2014 09:11:51 am
      Arsenal and Liverpool must act fast to sign Marco Reus as he closes in on £21.6million Atletico Madrid transfer
      Friday 15 Aug 2014 8:54 am

Arsenal and Liverpool must be fast to sign £21.6m Reus
      Arsenal and Liverpool must act fast if they want to sign Marco Reus with reports in Spain suggesting he is close to joining Atletico Madrid.

Reus is a target for both the Gunners and the Reds this summer with the player altering teams to his availability by recently rejecting a new contract at Borussia Dortmund.

But despite the Premier League duo being keen, Spanish radio station Cadena Cope say Atletico are in advanced talks to sign the player and are confident of a deal.
      are increasingly resigned to losing Reus now (Picture: Getty)

It’s claimed that a £21.6million bid has been made and the two clubs are now negotiating on how the fee will be paid, with Atletico wanting to pay half now and half in January.

Dortmund are open to selling Reus now as his buyout clause changes to £19.7million next summer – and he will almost certainly depart for that lower amount.
      http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/15/arsenal-and-liverpool-must-act-fast-to-sign-marco-reus-as-he-closes-in-on-21-6million-atletico-madrid-transfer-4833520/
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #630: Aug 15, 2014 09:14:40 am
      £21m and we won't sign him.

Tell me how Athletico are a stronger squad with more of a chance of their league than us?

FFS
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #631: Aug 15, 2014 09:19:18 am

Tell me how Athletico are a stronger squad with more of a chance of their league than us?

FFS

They won it last year...

It won't feel good knowing we could have gotten him for such a small fee but at least he won't be moving to a Premier League team either.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #632: Aug 15, 2014 09:29:33 am

FFS

That Metro article is absolute bullsh*t just like 99% of their articles.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #633: Aug 15, 2014 09:37:50 am
      Only two clubs in Spain have the sustainability to keep hold of Reus, and Atleti are not one of them. It's well documented that even though they do buy top players, they also sell these top players after a short period of time.

At present Dortmund are a bigger club than Atletico, so personally I cannot see the logic in a move there.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #634: Aug 15, 2014 10:11:07 am
      If he is willing to move, we must do all in our power to get him here
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #635: Aug 15, 2014 10:45:02 am

FFS

Given his buyout next year is around £20m, I somehow think that they'd rather keep him for another year for the sake of £1m. Seems unlikely
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #636: Aug 15, 2014 10:55:40 am
      Given his buyout next year is around £20m, I somehow think that they'd rather keep him for another year for the sake of £1m. Seems unlikely

Well we all saw what they did with Lewandowski. They'd rather gift their arch rivals the league than sell one of their players a year early.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,983 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #637: Aug 15, 2014 11:18:03 am
      Whack in a offer of £26m and he'll be ours,give him same dollar as Stevie & Reus will snap our hand off, we get a top top player, no 19, 20 + +, followed. By, no 6, no fags included, not forgetting the millions earned from TV, CL etc, it's a no brainer, get Ayre on a plane to Dortmund pronto, we got Saints on Sunday!

YNWA
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #638: Aug 15, 2014 11:39:24 am
      If Reus is costing Athletico less than 30 million we really should be all over that, at least matching their price.

Hard to see a reason why he wouldn't be a success here, however, I doubt he'll be leaving this summer.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #639: Aug 15, 2014 02:17:50 pm
      Doubt Reus would have been sold by the 'atmosphere' last Sunday.

Seen someone all chuffed with himself on Twitter saying that they'd seen Klopp at JLA and asked him if Reus was coming here to which he replied:"No, no, no".

Like he'd have told him yes if he was like :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #640: Aug 15, 2014 02:21:11 pm
      ✔   @DietmarHamann 
      Follow
      I can't believe Reus is choosing to go to Atletico.

12:24 PM - 15 Aug 2014

Sorry I don't know how to do a twitter.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/15/tp-didi-hamann-i-cant-believe-liverpool-target-is-choosing-atlet/
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #641: Aug 15, 2014 02:28:34 pm
      ✔   @DietmarHamann 
      Follow
      I can't believe Reus is choosing to go to Atletico.

12:24 PM - 15 Aug 2014

Sorry I don't know how to do a twitter.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/15/tp-didi-hamann-i-cant-believe-liverpool-target-is-choosing-atlet/

I'm with Didi...I can't believe it either.

If we aren't in for him I just can't come up with a plausible explanation as to why.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #642: Aug 15, 2014 02:41:01 pm
      I'm with Didi...I can't believe it either.

If we aren't in for him I just can't come up with a plausible explanation as to why.

Has he got a wife who likes shopping ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #643: Aug 15, 2014 03:04:46 pm
      OK lets step back a little and look at this from an unbiased viewpoint if possible. Maybe I am clutching at straws here, but Atletico just won la liga, the copa del rey and finished runners up in the champions league final. We, on the other hand, are a team seemingly on the up, and although we are in the champions league this year, we never won any silverware last season. I know which team everyone on here would choose, including myself, but a high profile player who wants to win things? Different kettle of fish. So I can understand why, if he chose Atletico, the reasons behind it.

I can understand him going to Atletico as well if he does go there and playing for the Spanish champions in Madrid isn't a bad way to earn a living.

I'm not 100% convinced he'd be interested in us anyway even if we did pay what was needed.

Quick Reply