Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163826 times
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #828: Oct 05, 2015 07:46:03 pm
      Get over him people. He is just not up for it.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #829: Oct 05, 2015 07:50:08 pm

:D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #830: Oct 05, 2015 08:20:16 pm

you have no basis for that because he didn play enough for us and he didnt play in his own position he even played F***ing wing back.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #831: Oct 05, 2015 08:48:59 pm
      you have no basis for that because he didn play enough for us and he didnt play in his own position he even played f**king wing back.

Well it's not like he was told to play as a DM or something. Right wing back in a 3-5-2 is pretty much the closest role he could get to his favorite position of right winger in a 4-3-3. So I actually do have some basis.

I think he has some talents. But he is mentally weak, a "sissyboy" I must say; and that doesn't change by playing in Turkey. He might not seems that scared over there but MAYBE it's because that's his level.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #832: Oct 05, 2015 09:35:33 pm
      Well it's not like he was told to play as a DM or something. Right wing back in a 3-5-2 is pretty much the closest role he could get to his favorite position of right winger in a 4-3-3. So I actually do have some basis.

I think he has some talents. But he is mentally weak, a "sissyboy" I must say; and that doesn't change by playing in Turkey. He might not seems that scared over there but MAYBE it's because that's his level.

Don't be ridiculous wingback is nothing like being a winger!

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #833: Oct 10, 2015 07:09:13 am
      I believe Markovic is a type of player who will really flourish under Klopp.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #834: Oct 10, 2015 07:51:10 am
      I believe Markovic is a type of player who will really flourish under Klopp.

I have the same thoughts George.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #835: Oct 10, 2015 08:20:45 am

Also, given that Buvac is a Bosnian, he will have no problems with the language barrier.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #836: Oct 10, 2015 10:27:29 am
      Also, given that Buvac is a Bosnian, he will have no problems with the language barrier.

Sorry George, who is Buvac please? An assistant of Klopp?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #837: Oct 10, 2015 10:43:19 am
      Sorry George, who is Buvac please? An assistant of Klopp?

He's Klopp's right hand man.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #838: Oct 10, 2015 11:29:18 am

Ok thanks, I knew about Jürgen but I never went into detail who his assistants.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #839: Oct 10, 2015 11:43:07 am
      Can we recall Lazar in January?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #840: Oct 10, 2015 12:12:06 pm

I've been told so mate but I genuinely don't know.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #841: Oct 10, 2015 02:15:28 pm

Have to admit, I get the impression he isn't good enough. Maybe Klopp can work some magic?

I really don't see what the fuss/hype is about re Markovic. I remember him playing in one of his more 'favoured' positions and he couldn't shoot for piss. He may have had nerves but his shooting was woeful.

I also agree with the Wing back point. Just because a player is played out of position, it doesn't mean he suddenly can't do all the basics right, like trap a ball etc. He's not suddenly going to pick the ball up and dribble with his head up, using close ball control and ending it with some kind of product because he's 20 meters elsewhere in a favoured position on the pitch. He reminds me of Baros with his head down, and dribbling with his shins into blind allies.

Maybe I am being harsh, but I've just got a gut feeling he won't cut the Mustard here. If Klopp can magically wave his wand and make him look like the player people hype him up to be, all the better. And I'll happily eat a slice of humble pie.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #842: Oct 10, 2015 03:15:22 pm
      Have to admit, I get the impression he isn't good enough. Maybe Klopp can work some magic?

I really don't see what the fuss/hype is about re Markovic. I remember him playing in one of his more 'favoured' positions and he couldn't shoot for piss. He may have had nerves but his shooting was woeful.

I also agree with the Wing back point. Just because a player is played out of position, it doesn't mean he suddenly can't do all the basics right, like trap a ball etc. He's not suddenly going to pick the ball up and dribble with his head up, using close ball control and ending it with some kind of product because he's 20 meters elsewhere in a favoured position on the pitch. He reminds me of Baros with his head down, and dribbling with his shins into blind allies.

Maybe I am being harsh, but I've just got a gut feeling he won't cut the Mustard here. If Klopp can magically wave his wand and make him look like the player people hype him up to be, all the better. And I'll happily eat a slice of humble pie.

I agree with much of what you say mate. I just wonder if playing Markovic out of position made his perceived lack of confidence worse. A young player coming into a side that was struggling for form and confidence is not easy, then being asked to play in an unfamiliar position ... may have been part of the problem.

However like you I have seen little in his games for us to give me much faith that he is good enough, so I won't be holding my breath waiting of his return. He was supposed to be one of the players that would add the quality that we needed (much like Firmino this season) but for me at best he might add pace and directness .... for top quality I think we may need to look elsewhere.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #843: Oct 10, 2015 07:15:35 pm
      Markovic based on what he's done so far is nowhere near a 20 million quid player. That said, he does appear to have something going on although for the life of me I can't quite put my finger on what it is. He is one of a whole bunch of players who we are going to need the new manager to improve by 100% if we are going to see them play a part in a successful team.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #844: Oct 10, 2015 07:55:54 pm
      Markovic based on what he's done so far is nowhere near a 20 million quid player. That said, he does appear to have something going on although for the life of me I can't quite put my finger on what it is. He is one of a whole bunch of players who we are going to need the new manager to improve by 100% if we are going to see them play a part in a successful team.

he may well be sh*te but at least let us give the lad a chance to prove it in his natural position and that goes for the others exiled out of Anfield
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #845: Oct 10, 2015 09:25:19 pm
      I think we should reserve judgement on this young player until he has had a run of games in his natural position in front of us all
      Pa7rick
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #846: Oct 10, 2015 11:32:38 pm
      Hello people im new to this great site anyhow about markovic I have a few pals living in Portugal and was talking to them when the lad signed last season and there verdict was he was Diamond with some rough edges that needed ironing out so now that klopp has come in along with the lad in Turkey playing weak in weak out I think when we get him back with some confidence to his game he will be a different beast we can't judge a YOUNG foreign player with NO premier League experience so harshly let him have a decent run of games in a position that suits his style then we will see
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #847: Oct 20, 2015 04:57:27 pm
      Echo saying we can recall him in January:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-boss-klopp-considering-10298567

Considering we've only got one proper wide player in the squad I can see him coming back in January.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #848: Oct 20, 2015 05:22:44 pm
      Echo saying we can recall him in January:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-boss-klopp-considering-10298567

Considering we've only got one proper wide player in the squad I can see him coming back in January.

I have a feeling he will do well under Klopp, has the ability to run at pace with the ball, runs direct and can get back to help out.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #849: Oct 21, 2015 04:49:12 am
      https://twitter.com/Anything_LFC/status/656513546654756864

I say this would be optimal move for us and Lazar. He can thrive under Klopp as there won't be any wingback role this time.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #850: Oct 21, 2015 08:55:46 am
      Markovich claiming he did not have a good relationship with Rodgers.

Don't think many did towards the end.

Quick Reply