Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Arturo Vidal (Juventus)

Read 10261 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,307 posts | 2851 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Arturo Vidal (Juventus)
      Jul 23, 2014 10:39:34 pm
      Reports coming from Chile that we are a serious contender to sign this midfield powerhouse.

Reports say that he will leave Juve for only 1 of 3 clubs, Real, Utd and us! The fee to be in the region of 42 to 50 million  Apparently having snapped up Rodriguez and looking at Falcao Real haven't the funds for a deal and that our champions league pull would see him choose us over utd.

The paper reporting it is a local Chilean paper el mercurio. 
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Re: Arturo Vidal (Juventus)
      Reply #1: Jul 23, 2014 10:44:10 pm
      He's as good as ours then!!   Sign him and Reus and we will the League and CL double!!   :roll:
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #2: Jul 23, 2014 10:48:02 pm
      Had never really heard about him till the World Cup. Would prefer Pogba but exciting news nonetheless. What's the scouting report on him?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3: Jul 23, 2014 10:49:25 pm
      Just can't see it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4407 
      Reply #4: Jul 23, 2014 11:06:41 pm
      Want to see Barrett confirm this first.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,307 posts | 2851 
      Reply #5: Jul 23, 2014 11:06:42 pm
      Out of interest...

Utd who have been heavily linked with him all summer are 1/12 with Paddy Power to sign him, were clear 2nd favs at 8/1 having had no link to him to date
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #6: Jul 23, 2014 11:13:23 pm
      Out of interest...

Utd who have been heavily linked with him all summer are 1/12 with Paddy Power to sign him, were clear 2nd favs at 8/1 having had no link to him to date
      Aren't odds heavily based on demand? So it could just mean that a few Liverpool fans have seen a few links to him and put a bit of money on. I think we did have a few very tenuous links to him about a month ago.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,307 posts | 2851 
      Reply #7: Jul 23, 2014 11:20:34 pm
      Aren't odds heavily based on demand? So it could just mean that a few Liverpool fans have seen a few links to him and put a bit of money on. I think we did have a few very tenuous links to him about a month ago.

I could be wrong but all I can remember as a link was in the last week a bit of sensationalist reporting that we would sign 1 of Reus Pogba or Vidal with nothing to back it up. At least now theres a link from his home country saying were 1 of 3 who he would leave Juve for and that were best placed of the 3

As for the bookies yes its demand based but they don't leave themselves exposed either (utd heavily linked so odds are crazy low 1/12. Liverpool little or no link until tonight odds of 8/1)

Id love to sign him, personally I don't think hell leave Juve but thought Id share the story as theres one to share :)   
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #8: Jul 23, 2014 11:28:56 pm
      Obviously a fantastic player and so would be chuffed to have him to play for us, but, the more sadistic side of me wants this to happen just to watch the mancs die inside a little. So far this summer, they have been consistently linked to 3 big names: Hummels, Di Maria and Vidal.
      They've been told that Klopp eating a broom stick eating is more likely than signing Hummels and Di Maria seems to be a lock for PSG. I don't think they'd take him signing for us well  ;D
      I know. I'm a bad person  :D
      rogni
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #9: Jul 23, 2014 11:29:38 pm
      Is he that good? I'm not convinced and he doesn't fit the FSG 'profile'
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4407 
      Reply #10: Jul 23, 2014 11:32:58 pm
      Is he that good? I'm not convinced and he doesn't fit the FSG 'profile'

Your right he's rubbish  :lmao: :lmao:
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #11: Jul 23, 2014 11:34:20 pm
      let's not do this to ourselves.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #12: Jul 23, 2014 11:50:20 pm
      I could be wrong but all I can remember as a link was in the last week a bit of sensationalist reporting that we would sign 1 of Reus Pogba or Vidal with nothing to back it up. At least now theres a link from his home country saying were 1 of 3 who he would leave Juve for and that were best placed of the 3

As for the bookies yes its demand based but they don't leave themselves exposed either (utd heavily linked so odds are crazy low 1/12. Liverpool little or no link until tonight odds of 8/1)

Id love to sign him, personally I don't think hell leave Juve but thought Id share the story as theres one to share :)   
      I still wouldn't read too much into it in all honesty. Remember, Paddy Power do news too, so they could just be planning to hype the Vidal story at some point in the near future to get more people to bet, regardless of whether there's any truth to it.

Anyway, out of curiosity, from Vidal, Pogba and Reus (i.e. the 3 'big names' we're allegedly 'after'), which one would you prefer at Liverpool?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,307 posts | 2851 
      Reply #13: Jul 24, 2014 12:05:21 am
      I still wouldn't read too much into it in all honesty. Remember, Paddy Power do news too, so they could just be planning to hype the Vidal story at some point in the near future to get more people to bet, regardless of whether there's any truth to it.

Anyway, out of curiosity, from Vidal, Pogba and Reus (i.e. the 3 'big names' we're allegedly 'after'), which one would you prefer at Liverpool?

That's a toughie. Of the 3 Reus could be the closest thing to a replacement for Suarez. Vidal would give us an unbelievable midfield hes a Mascherano class tackler but gets forward no problem and tracks back with an eye for a pass. Pogba I actually haven't seen a lot of. Reports are that hes going to be a world beater but I wonder why the mancs let him go? And is he a prima Donnna?

Reus has injury problems so of the 3 for me its Vidal 
      raymondo92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #14: Jul 24, 2014 12:05:23 am
      I think our odds to sign a few players are fairly short, but I'd put that down to bookies covering theirself because they know we have money from the Suarez sale.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,377 posts | 6402 
      Reply #15: Jul 24, 2014 12:13:29 am

Just from what I have seen, Pogba hands down.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #16: Jul 24, 2014 12:13:42 am
      Don't think it will happen but he's a fantastic player. It would just piss me off a bit to pay so much for him as he's been top quality for a very long time and I have been saying just that since he was a Leverkusen player! If only Liverpool listened to me more often... ;D
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #17: Jul 24, 2014 12:38:09 am
      That's a toughie. Of the 3 Reus could be the closest thing to a replacement for Suarez. Vidal would give us an unbelievable midfield hes a Mascherano class tackler but gets forward no problem and tracks back with an eye for a pass. Pogba I actually haven't seen a lot of. Reports are that hes going to be a world beater but I wonder why the mancs let him go? And is he a prima Donnna?

Reus has injury problems so of the 3 for me its Vidal
      I'd probably go for Vidal too, if anything because we could do with a slightly more experienced player in midfield.

That and it would be glorious to just swan in and sign Man U's no. 1 transfer target ;)
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #18: Jul 24, 2014 03:11:56 am
      Wow... Is this true? Vidal is a great player. If we sign him, ou midfield will become one of the strongest in europe.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #19: Jul 24, 2014 03:38:33 am
      it's all a bit peculiar as Maddock does indeed have some ties into the club, he has appeared on LFCTV and he's even written for the official website before, personal columns.  So he's not one of those who just throws sh*te at the wall and hopes it sticks.  And yet he says we're in for Reus and/or Vidal.

Could we.... really be going after a top name player?
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #20: Jul 24, 2014 04:39:05 am
      Well, apparently Liverpool was "just about to sign" Farfan a couple of years ago, according to Peruvian newspapers.

So yeah, I'm not really believing any of that.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #21: Jul 24, 2014 06:05:59 am
      Okay, just caught the second half of that match with the Mancs.... we absolutely cannot let Vidal go to them.  Herrera looked F***ing world class.  Him and Vidal together?  no no no.  Cannot let that happen.

let's go all out for Vidal please.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #22: Jul 24, 2014 06:52:25 am
      Can't see this happening but if it does redcafe will melt down big time. He is one of the best box to box midfielders around. Like a finished article Henderson

Quick Reply