Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Arturo Vidal (Juventus)

Read 10289 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Arturo Vidal (Juventus)
      Reply #23: Jul 24, 2014 07:03:25 am
      I would love this but 40m+ for a 27 year old seems ambitious. I think the club would sanction it if Brendan wants him but value for money could probably find better.

Pogba would be a similar price for a similar player and much younger. Would still love to see him here, Vidal. Quality all over.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #24: Jul 24, 2014 07:04:23 am
      What the reporter on this missed was when Henry said to  "Go pick up Vidal"

He meant hair care products for Linda.
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #25: Jul 24, 2014 09:24:03 am
      Would be a huge signing, and statement of intent... But I can't see it happening. Just media gossip I reckon.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #26: Jul 24, 2014 09:30:58 am
      He's as good as ours then!!   Sign him and Reus and we will the League and CL double!!   :roll:
      ;D

Meh... I'd much prefer to look all cool and anti-establishment: I say spend the money on signing potential and inexperience, nurture it, hope it improves or even becomes a superstar, then sell it for a tidy profit.

Winning is so 2012 Harry.    :f_tongueincheek:

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2014 10:09:07 am by bad boy bubby »
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #27: Jul 24, 2014 10:03:55 am
      let's not do this to ourselves.

This.

Surely we would have been in for this lad much earlier if he was truly on the radar.

I don't actually think we will do much more transfer business, it'll be Lovren and a left back and that will be it I think. Gutted because I think we need another centre-mid and not another player with potential but a ready made star like a Vidal or a Pogba. don't believe it will happen though.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #28: Jul 24, 2014 02:47:15 pm
      Okay, just caught the second half of that match with the Mancs.... we absolutely cannot let Vidal go to them.  Herrera looked f**king world class.  Him and Vidal together?  no no no.  Cannot let that happen.

let's go all out for Vidal please.

Ah come on Vic Moses would look "world class" against that shower!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #29: Jul 24, 2014 03:05:52 pm
      Expensive signings wont happen this summer. Its all about consolidation this season and if we comfortably achieve a CL spot by next summer, I guess all it requires is to splash the cash on "one big signing" like Arsenal have been doing the last couple of years. We need a capable squad that will keep us in the top-4 over the course of next 10 months. What BR wants this season is to have a stronger bench, capable of influencing/changing a football match and reproduce similar results as last season even in the absence of Suarez.

If you consider a playing 11 of Mignolet, Johnson, Lovren, Sakho, Enrique, Stevie, Hendo, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge, Sterling, our bench will be Reina, Lambert, Markovic, Remy, Can, Skrtel, Flanagan is definitely credible enough to 'do the job'. So the mob which want expensive superstars will be left disappointed, this summer at least

Our signings are strategic. They are not just names. They all fit into the purpose of the team. The character is important. It is not just about the player, but the right type of person
      « Last Edit: Jul 24, 2014 03:43:54 pm by Vicks86 »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #30: Jul 24, 2014 03:54:08 pm
      http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/390672/Liverpool-make-STUNNING-42-5m-bid-for-Manchester-United-target-Arturo-Vidal

Well according to that we've tabled a bid for him so I guess we'll see how this pans out. It'll be worth singing him just to see the rage come from United fans. They're already up in arms on twitter about it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31: Jul 24, 2014 04:00:11 pm
      http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/390672/Liverpool-make-STUNNING-42-5m-bid-for-Manchester-United-target-Arturo-Vidal

Well according to that we've tabled a bid for him so I guess we'll see how this pans out. It'll be worth singing him just to see the rage come from United fans. They're already up in arms on twitter about it.

Did you read the article?
      Or just the headline?

Newspaper El Mercurio claim the Kop are in the race to sign Vidal and have put a firm bid on the table.

However, Starsport understands - contrary to El Mercurio's reports - that the Reds DON'T want Vidal at Anfield.

Brendan Rodgers isn't keen on splashing such a large sum on one man and won't move for Paul Pogba or Marco Reus either.

Vidal, 27, is one of the top targets for Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal.

He's open to joining United, Liverpool or Real Madrid - but his huge value is a stumbling block.

The Chile star is currently on holiday but recently addressed the transfer speculation.

He said: "It's difficult to speak of other teams when you are already at a top club.

"I have heard about the interest shown by Real Madrid and [Manchester] United in me but there is someone [Vidal's agent] who deals with this.

"Once I arrive to Italy I will speak to the coach and see what happens."

So an Italian paper makes a claim, then another paper claims BR isn't interested in signing him, Reus or Pogba.

In other words, it's more bullshit.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #32: Jul 24, 2014 06:45:56 pm
      Expensive signings wont happen this summer. Its all about consolidation this season and if we comfortably achieve a CL spot by next summer, I guess all it requires is to splash the cash on "one big signing" like Arsenal have been doing the last couple of years. We need a capable squad that will keep us in the top-4 over the course of next 10 months. What BR wants this season is to have a stronger bench, capable of influencing/changing a football match and reproduce similar results as last season even in the absence of Suarez.

If you consider a playing 11 of Mignolet, Johnson, Lovren, Sakho, Enrique, Stevie, Hendo, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge, Sterling, our bench will be Reina, Lambert, Markovic, Remy, Can, Skrtel, Flanagan is definitely credible enough to 'do the job'. So the mob which want expensive superstars will be left disappointed, this summer at least

Our signings are strategic. They are not just names. They all fit into the purpose of the team. The character is important. It is not just about the player, but the right type of person
      Johnson?  He's in your first 11?   :f_whistle:
      RedWilly

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #33: Jul 24, 2014 07:36:46 pm

'The mob' being those who don't want to see us 'consolidate' but actually win the league. Got it.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #34: Jul 24, 2014 07:45:28 pm
      Did you read the article?
      Or just the headline?

Newspaper El Mercurio claim the Kop are in the race to sign Vidal and have put a firm bid on the table.

However, Starsport understands - contrary to El Mercurio's reports - that the Reds DON'T want Vidal at Anfield.

Brendan Rodgers isn't keen on splashing such a large sum on one man and won't move for Paul Pogba or Marco Reus either.

Vidal, 27, is one of the top targets for Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal.

He's open to joining United, Liverpool or Real Madrid - but his huge value is a stumbling block.

The Chile star is currently on holiday but recently addressed the transfer speculation.

He said: "It's difficult to speak of other teams when you are already at a top club.

"I have heard about the interest shown by Real Madrid and [Manchester] United in me but there is someone [Vidal's agent] who deals with this.

"Once I arrive to Italy I will speak to the coach and see what happens."

So an Italian paper makes a claim, then another paper claims BR isn't interested in signing him, Reus or Pogba.

In other words, it's more bullshit.

Did you?

One newspaper reports we are, another reports we are not. I've not the foggiest whether El Mercurio is any more or less reliable a source than the Star, I'm just passing on the link to the story. You can make your own minds up on whether he is or is not a target for us. Personally I don't see this happening because I don't see us moving for another midfielder but it's an update on the story nonetheless.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #35: Jul 24, 2014 08:09:24 pm
      Did you?

One newspaper reports we are, another reports we are not. I've not the foggiest whether El Mercurio is any more or less reliable a source than the Star, I'm just passing on the link to the story. You can make your own minds up on whether he is or is not a target for us. Personally I don't see this happening because I don't see us moving for another midfielder but it's an update on the story nonetheless.

Yes I did read it, and your post about it was intentionally misleading because you said nothing about the Star, which actually carried the report and denied its validity, and just mentioned the bid.

Now you're trying to backtrack, when just a balanced post in the first place would have done the job.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #36: Jul 24, 2014 08:11:50 pm
      lt just me, we wont be sign a big name, after get back in cleague, we maybe see big name players come in next couple season, l feeling these season was about building up squad, l love lf we could sign vidal,
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #37: Jul 24, 2014 08:33:53 pm
      lt just me, we wont be sign a big name, after get back in cleague, we maybe see big name players come in next couple season, l feeling these season was about building up squad, l love lf we could sign vidal,

In terms of the Premiere league, Lallana is a big name,  Utd wanted him too,  Arsenal wanted Remy. Markovic made the Europa league 11. We may not have signed a European big name yet, but we have bought big name players.

If Vidal signs for Utd which is likely, then it's just as likely that he would sign for us,  if we fought for him.  Not FSG's style though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6403 
      Reply #38: Jul 24, 2014 09:05:32 pm
      Quotes from Vidal apparently saying:

"I don't know if I will stay at Juventus, I'm happy here in Turin," he told Sky Sports Italia. "I will talk with [Juventus coach Massimo] Allegri on Monday. I'm not going to Manchester."

Guess that would apply to City or United :D
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #39: Jul 24, 2014 09:11:00 pm
      The character is important. It is not just about the player, but the right type of person[/b][/u]

You mean like Suarez's character?  because he was a pretty unethical individual and yet we kept him around and, gee, somehow found a role for him within the team.  or how about Raheem Sterling's character?  he's been in trouble with the law many times. 

Not sure what the beef is with Vidal's character.  Is he secretly a mass murderer or something?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #40: Jul 24, 2014 09:23:14 pm
      You mean like Suarez's character?  because he was a pretty unethical individual and yet we kept him around and, gee, somehow found a role for him within the team.  or how about Raheem Sterling's character?  he's been in trouble with the law many times. 

Not sure what the beef is with Vidal's character.  Is he secretly a mass murderer or something?

Let BR take those questions. Its not like I blurted out those words
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: Jul 24, 2014 09:24:47 pm

Ah, so despite 'understanding' that we're not after Vidal, the Star decides to run with the headline of:

Liverpool make STUNNING £42.5m bid for Manchester United target Arturo Vidal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sports journalism at its finest.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #42: Jul 24, 2014 10:38:14 pm
      Vidal is quoted as saying that he won't be going to Manchester but isn't sure where else he will end up come the end of the transfer window...

"I'm still on holiday at the moment. Can I say I'm staying at Juve? I don't know. I'm not going to Manchester."

Courtesy of Sky Sports Transfer Centre.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #43: Jul 24, 2014 11:00:13 pm
      Love that quote :lmao:

The rots set in. Everything rides on their next couple of seasons, especially financially.

Didn't Hummels tell em to **** off aswell?
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #44: Jul 24, 2014 11:03:55 pm
      I've heard we've agreed a deal with Juventus. A deal that says "we both agree that Liverpool will not be signing Vidal".
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #45: Jul 24, 2014 11:04:37 pm
      I've heard we've agreed a deal with Juventus. A deal that says "we both agree that Liverpool will not be signing Vidal".

Didn't Hummels tell em to **** off aswell?
      No, Klopp told them to where Hummels is concerned.

Quick Reply