Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 220589 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #92: Nov 13, 2014 11:03:18 pm
      Apparently the goal he scored against Iceland was hit at 86mph, if nothing else that is a bloody rocket that lad has. If people remember the Reus/Balotelli/Fabregas contest I think Balo was winning them at 76mph. Granted it was a moving ball so it's easier to generate power but still encouraging sign that for a lad so young and only likely to gain in strength.

Don't know why but I have suddenly though of Ryan Babel. He had a hell of a rocket shot on him, shame he was so inconsistent and more bothered about his rapping or whatever it was. Hopefully Origi will be more of a success.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #93: Nov 14, 2014 08:17:45 am
      Don't know why but I have suddenly though of Ryan Babel. He had a hell of a rocket shot on him, shame he was so inconsistent and more bothered about his rapping or whatever it was. Hopefully Origi will be more of a success.

Comparing Origi to Babel! Sir I think you owe Mr Origi an apology  :P
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #94: Nov 14, 2014 09:34:22 am
      Comparing Origi to Babel! Sir I think you owe Mr Origi an apology  :P

I do sincerely apologise for comparing their shots.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,622 posts | 2159 
      Reply #95: Nov 14, 2014 10:14:51 am
      Sounds like the lad might be angling for an early return from France. We could bloody use another option so i'd be all in favour of chucking them a few quid to make this deal happen earlier.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,627 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #96: Nov 14, 2014 10:18:39 am
      I'd rather we signed a lad in his late twenties and let Origi finish out his season,
      but that would cost money.
      JayC1560
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #97: Nov 14, 2014 11:53:07 am
      I'd rather we signed a lad in his late twenties and let Origi finish out his season,
      but that would cost money.

And then next season we'd have Sturridge, Origi, Balotelli, Lambert, Borini AND the lad in his late twenties.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #98: Nov 14, 2014 12:09:35 pm
      And then next season we'd have Sturridge, Origi, Balotelli, Lambert, Borini AND the lad in his late twenties.

Lambert doesn't count, Borini can be an option though. I think Balotelli might and it's a big might be ok for us when partnered with Sturridge.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,627 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #99: Nov 14, 2014 12:47:54 pm

Yeah, because we won't try and offload any of the useless fuckers in the team now.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #100: Nov 14, 2014 01:18:27 pm

Origi: “I’m here at Lille.
      It’s fine.

They are a good club and they have helped me. But it is also frustrating.

It is French football.

:lmao:

I know. Ive lived there.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/divock-origi-open-early-move-8107828
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #101: Nov 16, 2014 04:56:51 pm
      Starts v Wales tonight if anyone fancies a little more scouting!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #102: Nov 16, 2014 04:59:51 pm
      Starts v Wales tonight if anyone fancies a little more scouting!

Just posted in the International Friendlies thread, that's exactly what I'm doing mate.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #103: Nov 17, 2014 02:24:30 pm
      The lad in his late twenties seems hot property... everyone is talking about him ;)
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #104: Nov 17, 2014 09:02:26 pm
      To get into the Belgium team at his age with the generation of players they've got he must be something special.
      Looks like a great signing, when we actually get to see him with the Liverpool kit on.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #105: Nov 17, 2014 10:41:50 pm
      To get into the Belgium team at his age with the generation of players they've got he must be something special.
      Looks like a great signing, when we actually get to see him with the Liverpool kit on.

I agree. Didn't play too well last night, but you can see this kid has so much potential to become one of the best.

I'm not sure if he's the right answer for us in Jan(unless we sell Balo and Borini) but next season, I can really see him becoming an important player.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #106: Nov 17, 2014 11:06:36 pm
      I agree. Didn't play too well last night, but you can see this kid has so much potential to become one of the best.

I'm not sure if he's the right answer for us in Jan(unless we sell Balo and Borini) but next season, I can really see him becoming an important player.

You're right there, I'd try and put it differently but the way you said it, did it for me.
      He wouldn't harm our options if he did come in before he was supposed to though.

When I say, put it differently I didn't mean I'd change what you said or how you worded it btw.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #107: Nov 18, 2014 09:30:42 am
      I haven't been following the lad too closely P_M so what do you see that will make him an "important player" next season?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #108: Nov 18, 2014 10:51:34 am

So only Sturridge is worth the handob here then. No doubt Origi is showing potential but I hope we will not rely on yet another teenager to bring us success. Hopefully Origi will be a good impact sub next season, ahead of Balotelli, Borini and Lambert who'll hopefully be playing their trade elsewhere...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,215 posts | 4410 
      Reply #109: Nov 18, 2014 11:56:28 am
      So only Sturridge is worth the handob here then. No doubt Origi is showing potential but I hope we will not rely on yet another teenager to bring us success. Hopefully Origi will be a good impact sub next season, ahead of Balotelli, Borini and Lambert who'll hopefully be playing their trade elsewhere...

Why would he be a impact sub he starts for his national team ahead of Lukaku and Benteke.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #110: Nov 18, 2014 12:05:24 pm
      Why would he be a impact sub he starts for his national team ahead of Lukaku and Benteke.
      I think the inference is (tho' I may be wrong) that it might be unfair to place the responsibility of leading man on a kid and if Divock is an impact sub then we will have signed even better to play before him. That could only be a good thing; right?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,215 posts | 4410 
      Reply #111: Nov 18, 2014 12:15:25 pm
      I think the inference is (tho' I may be wrong) that it might be unfair to place the responsibility of leading man on a kid and if Divock is an impact sub then we will have signed even better to play before him. That could only be a good thing; right?

Sturridge will still be our main man so no reason to not expect those two leading our line next season and he can learn from the main man.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #112: Nov 18, 2014 12:32:32 pm
      Sturridge will still be our main man so no reason to not expect those two leading our line next season
      Unless we sign an even better player, of course; which was/is the point.  :-\

And that could only be a good thing. I mean; you wouldn't be adverse to signing someone even better and Liverpool FC being even stronger: right?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,215 posts | 4410 
      Reply #113: Nov 18, 2014 12:37:58 pm
      Unless we sign an even better player, of course; which was/is the point.  :-\

And that could only be a good thing. I mean; you wouldn't be adverse to signing someone even better and Liverpool FC being even stronger: right?

We all thought the same thing this season but didn't really happen so I have no belief it is likely to happen next year.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #114: Nov 18, 2014 12:41:06 pm
      Sturridge will still be our main man so no reason to not expect those two leading our line next season and he can learn from the main man.

I'm not so sure Studge will be here next season mate, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's sold as despite him being an excellent goalscorer he's not reliable enough.  He wants and expects to be the main man but how can you build a team round a player who misses so many games every season?

Quick Reply