Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 224755 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #276: May 25, 2015 08:43:03 am
      ***consumes lots of air and let's out huge sigh(s)***

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/602739548230131712
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #277: May 25, 2015 08:53:11 am

Disappointing but I wouldn't read too much into that mate. After all Markovic was in the Europa League team of the season last year and hasn't done much for us yet.

I saw enough of Origi in his World Cup appearances to see a player.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #278: May 25, 2015 09:42:03 am
      Like with any striker, it'd help if he had a long run of games in the team. Just looked at some of the stats and he has like 3 games as non used sub, then he comes on in the next for 20 minutes, then he starts for 3 games (coming off in 2 of them) etc.

Those ratings are bollocks anyway, it'll be a nobody that comes up with them. He's only a kid so it's not like he's meant to be some sort of finished article. I just hope he gets a good amount of opportunities next season and not see him as an unused sub every week like Balotelli, Lambert and Borini.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #279: May 25, 2015 10:11:18 am
      Like with any striker, it'd help if he had a long run of games in the team. Just looked at some of the stats and he has like 3 games as non used sub, then he comes on in the next for 20 minutes, then he starts for 3 games (coming off in 2 of them) etc.

Those ratings are bollocks anyway, it'll be a nobody that comes up with them. He's only a kid so it's not like he's meant to be some sort of finished article. I just hope he gets a good amount of opportunities next season and not see him as an unused sub every week like Balotelli, Lambert and Borini.

If he was such a good player, he would have started games. That's why he is in the worst team of the season. But i believe he'll come good at us.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #280: May 25, 2015 10:24:16 am
      Probably the same people who had Lovren as the best CB in the PL.

I would just ignore and wait until he has played at least a few games for us.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #281: May 25, 2015 03:22:05 pm
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #282: May 25, 2015 03:35:39 pm
      I'm sorry, but that worst team is bollocks, especially when you take in to account that David Ngog and Ricky van Wolfswinkel have been in that league, this season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #283: May 25, 2015 03:38:38 pm
      I'm sorry, but that worst team is bollocks, especially when you take in to account that David Ngog and Ricky van Wolfswinkel have been in that league, this season.

Exactly.

Wouldn't be surprised if Origi was put in there solely as a dig at Liverpool FC just for page hits.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,705 posts | 7164 
      Reply #284: May 25, 2015 03:46:11 pm
      i really can't say how he will fit in as I have not seen that much of him. To be fair to him how enthusiastic has he been knowing he will be off to Liverpool this Summer. We really need him to come in and hit the ground running just score a few goals
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #285: May 25, 2015 04:03:30 pm
      If he was such a good player, he would have started games. That's why he is in the worst team of the season. But i believe he'll come good at us.

His strike partner Roux got 1 more goal in 7 more starts, says it all about Origi supposedly being one of the worst in the league last season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,705 posts | 7164 
      Reply #286: May 25, 2015 06:38:47 pm
      His strike partner Roux got 1 more goal in 7 more starts, says it all about Origi supposedly being one of the worst in the league last season.

he will be in good company the others havent set the bar too high for him have they
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #287: May 25, 2015 07:29:22 pm
      he's had a poor season overall but worst team of the ligue 1 season.....  :D
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Divock Origi named in Ligue 1 worst team of the season
      Reply #288: May 25, 2015 07:56:34 pm
      Wellnmay as well get all the bad news out in one go...An update on our new signing!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/25/divock-origi-liverpool-lille-ligue-1-worst-team-of-season

Liverpool’s Divock Origi, the Belgium striker on loan at Lille, has had the dubious honour of being named in L’Equipe’s Ligue 1 worst team of the season.

Liverpool paid £10m for Origi last summer after a breakthrough season in Ligue 1 and a series of impressive performances at the World Cup but allowed him to stay at Lille in order to further his development.

Origi has scored only eight goals in 33 Ligue 1 appearances, which included a 20-game goal drought between October and March.

The 20-year-old will move to Anfield on a permanent basis this summer and will be looking to make an impression in a side who have struggled to score. Brendan Rodgers’s team managed 52 goals in the Premier League compared with 101 goals during 2013-14, which has partly been blamed on the departure of Luis Suárez to Barcelona and injuries to Daniel Sturridge.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Divock Origi named in Ligue 1 worst team of the season
      Reply #289: May 25, 2015 08:23:51 pm
      Exciting! :D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #290: May 26, 2015 11:23:24 am
      Exactly.

Wouldn't be surprised if Origi was put in there solely as a dig at Liverpool FC just for page hits.

Not sure about the conspiracy theory ... but either way, he's had a poor season, in a poor enough league ... and we need strikers to compete with the top4 ... so going on the evidence available, this guy is not promising.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #291: May 26, 2015 10:16:54 pm
      We'll probably have him playing right-back by November.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,941 posts | 285 
      Reply #292: May 26, 2015 11:49:29 pm
      I'm quietly confident with this kid. I'd put money on him at least 15 next season.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #293: May 29, 2015 05:44:08 am
      Exactly.

Not sure about the conspiracy theory ... but either way, he's had a poor season, in a poor enough league ... and we need strikers to compete with the top4 ... so going on the evidence available, this guy is not promising.

I'm sure about it. What gets more hits, a Liverpool flop or just some guy you haven't heard of? What gets more hits, some football story or a Liverpool story? Origi is now a Liverpool player so expect the media to try to put him down where ever possible.

How many other kids born in 95 made the worst team of the season across the leagues? How many other kids are good enough to put themselves in that position for judging, playing top flight football? Pretty harsh innit?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #294: May 29, 2015 12:22:52 pm
      Right he's got to international games coming up so lets see how he is with better players around him, i think he is an improvement on borini and what mario gave last season so happy for him to come striaght into the team and push markovich,ibe to develop more
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #295: Jun 04, 2015 10:48:19 am
      Divock Origi will begin his Liverpool career for real next month and the young striker is determined to make the most of the opportunity coming his way on Merseyside.

The Reds secured the signature of the Belgium international last summer, though he remained with Lille for the season to continue his development in Ligue 1.

Origi registered nine goals in all competitions for the French club in 2014-15 and is currently on international duty ahead of his arrival at Melwood in July.

The 20-year-old is preparing for games against France and Wales, though did allow a moment to explain how he'll approach life at Liverpool in the near future.

"It's important to be at a good club where people believe in you and where you feel good," he told Sky Sports.

"I had a very good feeling about Liverpool. It's a good club and they have experience of working with young players.

"The most important thing is that I work hard and then I think everything will be OK.

"Liverpool is a wonderful club that deserves to be at the top. It will be on us, the players, to give everything."
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #296: Jun 04, 2015 06:35:28 pm
      How come it didn't include his quote about Brendan Rodgers being a world class coach.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #297: Jun 04, 2015 07:11:07 pm
      How come it didn't include his quote about Brendan Rodgers being a world class coach.
      he said wot?

i find it quite funny how a player that hasn't yet been managed by someone call that someone a world class coach....laughable
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #298: Jun 04, 2015 07:17:50 pm
      he said wot?

i find it quite funny how a player that hasn't yet been managed by someone call that someone a world class coach....laughable

Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti are world class coaches. I've never played under any of them but still know their ability.

Quick Reply