Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

How Much Will You Miss Luis?

Read 20178 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Re: How Much Will You Miss Luis?
      Reply #184: Dec 22, 2014 07:03:23 am
      anyone who misses Luis Suarez is a homo. move on you piddlesticks.

Missing the best player in LFC's premier league history the season after he leaves makes you homosexual. Okay then. F***ing genius observation that.

Elton on is gonna be gutted when he finds out he got that one wrong...... :f_tongueincheek:
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #185: Dec 22, 2014 07:12:45 am
      Pathetic topic get the F**k over it.
      Why not have one on KD he was pretty good
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #186: Dec 22, 2014 11:32:38 am
      Obviously, the plants, the parrotts, the pr men, the "new fans" and the plain ignorant will have their comments.

Including to close a thread on the biggest outrage to have hit the club/company in recent times.

To me, asset stripping Luis - for the money, using the "bite" excuse was an act of true greed and wickedness.

I no longer support the "brand"/product or corporation. I still support the club ie the institution in its efforts to liberate itself.

Ofcourse the liars will try and dupe people, but selling a player for 75m and bringing in a 15m(or less replacement) is simply NOT the Liverpool Way. Tat like Ricky Lambert are NOT Liverpool FC.

Its like I'm watching Tranmere is red shirts. Its spitting in the face of Liverpool fans everywhere.
      Its not JUST the asset strip. Its the cheapskate, confidence trickster insults the leeches have made in his so called "replacements".

Keegan wasn't replaced with John Richards or some such nomark. And Luis shouldnt have been replaced by Balojelly or Lambert. Even an idiot knows this. But idiots only care about their heroes making money.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #187: Dec 22, 2014 11:47:55 am
      Obviously, the plants, the parrotts, the pr men, the "new fans" and the plain ignorant will have their comments.

Including to close a thread on the biggest outrage to have hit the club/company in recent times.

To me, asset stripping Luis - for the money, using the "bite" excuse was an act of true greed and wickedness.

I no longer support the "brand"/product or corporation. I still support the club ie the institution in its efforts to liberate itself.

Ofcourse the liars will try and dupe people, but selling a player for 75m and bringing in a 15m(or less replacement) is simply NOT the Liverpool Way. Tat like Ricky Lambert are NOT Liverpool FC.

Its like I'm watching Tranmere is red shirts. Its spitting in the face of Liverpool fans everywhere.
      Its not JUST the asset strip. Its the cheapskate, confidence trickster insults the leeches have made in his so called "replacements".

Keegan wasn't replaced with John Richards or some such nomark. And Luis shouldnt have been replaced by Balojelly or Lambert. Even an idiot knows this. But idiots only care about their heroes making money.

What the F**k are you talking about you bellend?

Plants PR 'new fans'

Look Luis wanted out... He wanted to f**king go you dick, no matter how us ' new fans' have accepted that don't give it all this PR and new fan bollocks..
      He wanted out last summer, he wanted out the summer before.. I've accepted that as a f**king grown up not as a new fan or a plant..

Luis Suarez wanted out, he is hardly 'innocent' in this sleeping in his Liverpool onesie and crying over pictures of Joe Allen.. If he had his way he would have been an Arsenal player the summer before..

The fact we fu**ed up replacing him is a seperate point but don't give it all this sh*te about the ones not giving it all this faux outrage that we are some sort of corporate puppet fan

T**t
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #188: Dec 22, 2014 01:04:05 pm
      What the f**k are you talking about you bellend?

Plants PR 'new fans'

Look Luis wanted out... He wanted to f**king go you dick, no matter how us ' new fans' have accepted that don't give it all this PR and new fan bollocks..
      He wanted out last summer, he wanted out the summer before.. I've accepted that as a f**king grown up not as a new fan or a plant..

Luis Suarez wanted out, he is hardly 'innocent' in this sleeping in his Liverpool onesie and crying over pictures of Joe Allen.. If he had his way he would have been an Arsenal player the summer before..

The fact we fu**ed up replacing him is a seperate point but don't give it all this sh*te about the ones not giving it all this faux outrage that we are some sort of corporate puppet fan

T**t

jawdropping, factually incorrect garbage not worthy of a response.
      Hello Storied Liverpool Saccer Brand.
      RIP LFC the football club.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #189: Dec 22, 2014 01:08:25 pm
      jawdropping, factually incorrect garbage not worthy of a response.
      Hello Storied Liverpool Saccer Brand.
      RIP LFC the football club.

You talk utter tripe lad

It's odd

I'll simply keep supporting my football club as I have all my life, as much as I'm not a fan of our owners I'm not going to let bitterness cloud my judgements

Luis wasn't dragged out of here kicking and screaming, he wanted out
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #190: Dec 22, 2014 01:28:39 pm
      What the f**k are you talking about you bellend?

Luis Suarez wanted out, he is hardly 'innocent' in this sleeping in his Liverpool onesie and crying over pictures of Joe Allen..

:lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #191: Dec 22, 2014 01:33:02 pm
      You talk utter tripe lad

It's odd

I'll simply keep supporting my football club as I have all my life, as much as I'm not a fan of our owners I'm not going to let bitterness cloud my judgements

Luis wasn't dragged out of here kicking and screaming, he wanted out

Don't get sucked in mate.

We all know he'll disappear after a couple of wins.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,643 posts | 3868 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #192: Dec 22, 2014 01:37:36 pm
      Stick him at the front of that 3-4-3 and we'd have annihilated Arsenal.

Made it clear to me that we are one proper striker away from clicking back into gear.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2860 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #193: Dec 22, 2014 01:51:56 pm
      Yes I miss Luis. Well more the song then him...LUIS GARCIAAAAAA HE DRINKS SANGRIAAAAA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,643 posts | 3868 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #194: Dec 22, 2014 01:54:10 pm
      Yes I miss Luis. Well more the song then him...LUIS GARCIAAAAAA HE DRINKS SANGRIAAAAA

I'd thought "Just can't get enough" to my young lad.
      Miss singing that when the nutter scored a few goals in red.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #195: Dec 22, 2014 01:54:35 pm
      with the amount of chances we create. A decent finisher with brains and a bit of pace will score a lot of goals.

This is it.

Liverpool Football club represent a massive opportunity to any ambitious young striker in Europe. Thelikes of Barca and Real will be dominant in their leagues for the medium term but winning the title here after such a long period woud be a massive achievement for one of teh world's most famous clubs.

With the amount of chances we can create when the team is firing it's got to be a tempting proposition.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #196: Dec 22, 2014 02:02:21 pm

Watched him win the first Indian Super League a few days ago for the mighty Athletico de Kolkata. He didn't actually play, must have been injured, but we did have the illustrious Josemi on the pitch, who was a rock in heart of Kolkata's defence :D David James, at 44, in goal for the opposition, along with a chubby Michael Chopra up front!

Had a massive smile watching Luis lift the trophy. Love the guy, still remember that fantastic open letter he wrote when he left.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #197: Dec 26, 2014 03:56:18 am
      I gave up on him the instant he bit someone a third time.2 times?Ok.He was generally booed but I saw an honest man that would say sorry everytime he knocked someone.I didnĀ“t feel I was seeing a dishonest person,a dirty player,someone you couldnĀ“t respect.He seemed an honest guy,a good lad who for whatever reason had bitten 2 human beings on the pitch.That and the fact that in his relatively short stay here he got on my football top 10 list as one of the most talented and passionate players I have ever seen.I donĀ“t think I have actually seen another player perform like that on a pitch,dance that way inside the box,beside the line.And play with such a fire inside,desire,hunger.A truly fascinating player to watch,technically,but his commitment...beautiful.

Then Brazil happened and it just became indefensible.The negativity of it all was affecting the club now,not just the player,and supporting him after a third time would have been shameful.The thing I most love about this club is itĀ“s integrity,itĀ“s honesty.How we donĀ“t base our team around money,or spend on a player that does not reflect the values of the club even if he could boost us (IĀ“m getting idealistic here now).Sticking with him,knowing what he had done,because of what he could do for us,would have truly been a dark spot for us.All of this added to the fact that he had tried to leave for Arsenal before and he wanted to go to Barcelona concluded in "thanks for everything but see ya" for me.

So yes,I miss his talent and moreso because of our situation ever since his departure,but considering the controversy and the fact he never really wanted to stay here,no,not really.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #198: Dec 27, 2014 01:39:52 am
      I gave up on him the instant he bit someone a third time.2 times?Ok.He was generally booed but I saw an honest man that would say sorry everytime he knocked someone.I didnĀ“t feel I was seeing a dishonest person,a dirty player,someone you couldnĀ“t respect.He seemed an honest guy,a good lad who for whatever reason had bitten 2 human beings on the pitch.That and the fact that in his relatively short stay here he got on my football top 10 list as one of the most talented and passionate players I have ever seen.I donĀ“t think I have actually seen another player perform like that on a pitch,dance that way inside the box,beside the line.And play with such a fire inside,desire,hunger.A truly fascinating player to watch,technically,but his commitment...beautiful.

Then Brazil happened and it just became indefensible.The negativity of it all was affecting the club now,not just the player,and supporting him after a third time would have been shameful.The thing I most love about this club is itĀ“s integrity,itĀ“s honesty.How we donĀ“t base our team around money,or spend on a player that does not reflect the values of the club even if he could boost us (IĀ“m getting idealistic here now).Sticking with him,knowing what he had done,because of what he could do for us,would have truly been a dark spot for us.All of this added to the fact that he had tried to leave for Arsenal before and he wanted to go to Barcelona concluded in "thanks for everything but see ya" for me.

So yes,I miss his talent and moreso because of our situation ever since his departure,but considering the controversy and the fact he never really wanted to stay here,no,not really.

Don't believe a word of it when people say they are glad he left and couldn't support him anymore because of the bite as the same was said after the Ivanovic bite and him apparently flirting with Arsenal but those people were soon drooling over him again after a couple of games as though it had never happened.

Guarantee that if he had stayed this summer then those people on their high horse about the Brazil bite and Barca or whatever would have been back drooling over him just as much as last season if he carried that form on and helped push us towards the title this season and got us further in Europe.

As for the Barca thing, of course it was his dream to go there and it would be too good to turn down, Barca and Madrid are too good to turn down for a lot of players, especially South Americans, we aren't their dream club, it's the two powerhouses of world football, nothing to get pissed about, it's no different to players coming to us because we are their "dream" club or what have you.

If we had the chance to re-sign him this winter or in the summer then anyone that says they would rather not are talking rubbish and just saying that to be on their high horse IMO. It's results that matter and he got us results as well as although we aren't his first choice club, he gave his all for us because he felt at home with us, he loved us as a club and was the one player we all knew would give heart and soul for us regardless of the teams performance.

I'd love to see him back with us, very much doubt it will ever happen but you offer me Balotelli, Lambert or Borini as a partner for Sturridge then I know who I would choose any day of the week regardless of what he done in Brazil.

I don't give a damn what happens on International Duty, and its wrong his punishment from that should impact the club side IMO, as long as it didn't happen again whilst playing for us then I don't see all the fuss to be honest. Liverpool first, Internationals second.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #199: Dec 27, 2014 08:29:33 pm
      I couldn't care less that he bit people, I'd love it if he was still here!
      F**k all the bullshit about damaging the reputation of our club, Liverpool fans will be Liverpool fans for ever, who cares what other people think!
      Liverpool would always be attractive to sponsors because of our size.

It's a pity he wanted to leave, we would be very close to the top if he was still here.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,864 posts | 6798 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #200: Dec 27, 2014 08:47:58 pm
      What I miss about Luis the most, apart from his obvious goal scoring abilities, was his 110% will to win.

The Man never gave up, never gave in and fought till the last minute every time he stepped on the pitch.

Can't think of anyone in the current squad that lays it on the line the way Luis did. What disappoints me most is that most of these lads trained with Luis for 2 and half years and you would think they would have realized, this is what it takes to be a Superstar. I want to be a Superstar not just someone who plyed his trade at a Club for a few years then disappeared into the wilderness. I want to go down in History as someone who fans at the Club will remember forever !!!!

I honestly feel if Luis had stayed at this Club and kept his teeth to himself, he would have been mentioned in the same breath as King Kenny and Ian Rush and all the Legends that came before him.

johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #201: Dec 27, 2014 09:13:45 pm
      I miss his warm up shots on an empty goal before the matches and celebrating every time it went into the net as if it counted . He made me laugh because he reminded me of when I was a kid kicking a ball about. Such a talent and when he was on top form last season , utterly brilliant . One of the best I've ever seen at anfield .
      The club misses him and that's the main reason we are struggling as has been mentioned a million times .
      MsGerrard
      Reply #202: Dec 27, 2014 11:45:04 pm
      Really does show you how much he did for the team last season....in fact he did the work of three men all on his own  :'( i'd take him back right now, bugger that he was a bad lad, I don't care cos he was our bad lad, everyone hated him, but we bloody well loved him and the reason was, he gave 120% without ever shying away from anything....
      I really do feel honoured to have watched him in the flesh every home game last season, one of the very best to ever pull on that red shirt.....jeez I dont half miss him and we wouldn't be in the sh*t this season if he was still here.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,417 posts | 6418 
      Reply #203: Dec 28, 2014 03:00:46 pm
      No fun being Messi and Neymar's pet is it?

Should have stayed here where your name was sung and the manager was willing to build a team around YOU!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #204: Dec 28, 2014 03:07:11 pm
      No fun being Messi and Neymar's pet is it?

Should have stayed here where your name was sung and the manager was willing to build a team around YOU!

He would probably say to you he has sacrificed that for a happier family and the potential to win things more

I've not changed since the summer, he wanted out, thanks for everything and good luck..

I don't look back with envy it just makes you bitter
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #205: Dec 28, 2014 05:48:00 pm
      As brilliant as he was last year, and make no mistake, his performances were on a par with anything on the planet, something changed for me the previous year when he stropped through Stevie's testimonial.

I loved last season but I never felt he was here for the long haul so I just enjoyed it for what it was. A force of nature in red truly one-off talent.

A great red? No

A great player? Yes

What makes me more sad is that we had (at least) 12 months and Champs League to secure his replacement(s).....
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #206: Dec 28, 2014 06:05:32 pm
      As brilliant as he was last year, and make no mistake, his performances were on a par with anything on the planet, something changed for me the previous year when he stropped through Stevie's testimonial.

I loved last season but I never felt he was here for the long haul so I just enjoyed it for what it was. A force of nature in red truly one-off talent.

A great red? No

A great player? Yes

What makes me more sad is that we had (at least) 12 months and Champs League to secure his replacement(s).....

I think that part essentially sums it up for me mate

Great player but not a great in our history, too much he did (to us not the bite rubbish, that makes me not put him in any list of personal favourites )

He wouldn't get in my top 30

Quick Reply