Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will we have a happy Tuesday?

Yes, Liverpool win.
      48 (87.3%)
      No, Utd win.
      7 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Liverpool 1:3 Manchester United: International Cup Final thread.

Read 20377 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Liverpool v Manchester United: International Cup Final Tuesday 1:00 BST
      Reply #483: Aug 05, 2014 03:33:50 am

You must have hundreds and hundreds of multiple accounts to get so much plus points.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #484: Aug 05, 2014 03:34:38 am
      Puzzling - Southampton under Pocchetino were known as a very hard running club but first Shaw and now Lambert look behind the others in terms of fitness.

Good point. I guess it just takes Lambert longer than most to get up to speed. He better get that fitness soon as it's less than 2 weeks to Southampton. Perhaps it's all the travelling around America and being asked to play so many games in a few days. Still looks a bit too bucky though.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #485: Aug 05, 2014 03:35:34 am
      You must have hundreds and hundreds of multiple accounts to get so much plus points.

Yea, what a SHOCK that anyone else would agree that Borini isn't good enough, that Reina should be given a chance, that Coates has improved massively, that Lambert looks slow, that Mignolet is shaky etc etc...

those are all just such controversial opinions to have!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #486: Aug 05, 2014 03:36:14 am

140 to be precise.

Shout out to Sakho and Sterling who were great today.

Sakho's timely tackles were brilliant and his presence in the air too. Alongside Lovren they'd be a fierce duo.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #487: Aug 05, 2014 03:36:47 am
      Fed is a tad extreme and exaggerates a few of his opinions but he does make a few good points occasionally tbf to him. Don't think I've given him a plus before though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #488: Aug 05, 2014 03:39:35 am
      It's only preseason.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #489: Aug 05, 2014 03:40:12 am
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,628 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #490: Aug 05, 2014 03:43:30 am

Aye. It has however highlighted something we need to address.
      Last season we scored a ton of goals, despite a season when we saw our small squad
      exposed numerous times. We utilised youth players in several positions throughout the season.
      Despite that we always had at least one top class striker available and when they were both fit
      we were unstoppable.

That's what we need to rectify before the season starts.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #491: Aug 05, 2014 03:44:35 am
      Aye. It has however highlighted something we need to address.
      Last season we scored a ton of goals, despite a season when we saw our small squad
      exposed numerous times. We utilised youth players in several positions throughout the season.
      Despite that we always had at least one top class striker available and when they were both fit
      we were unstoppable.

That's what we need to rectify before the season starts.

As well as shipping Johnson out of the starting 11.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,614 posts | 752 
      Reply #492: Aug 05, 2014 03:48:39 am
      We need a Defensive Midfielder and a Striker. Still.

Its only preseason though

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,628 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #493: Aug 05, 2014 03:49:17 am
      We need a Defensive Midfielder and a Striker. Still.

Its only preseason though

Nah. Can is going to be boss.
      A striker and two full backs.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #494: Aug 05, 2014 03:51:07 am
      unfortunately you're right as of late!

As of late? Nadal has fu**ed Federer over his whole career, champ.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #495: Aug 05, 2014 03:53:56 am
      Today showed what we already knew. We need two fullbacks and another striker. Not worried about it because we are addressing the issue in the market.

They looked horrendous so that's a good sign for us this season. They're not a threat.

Positives were Sakho, Ibe, Sterling, Hendo and Coutinho.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #496: Aug 05, 2014 04:09:50 am
      I'll say this Glen Johnson needs to play in lower leagues. If I was as bad at my job as he is at his I'd be fired. Not only was he giving the ball away but he wouldn't even give a track back after he lost it. He has been sucking on the right and then he's sucks on the left too. He has been absolutely horrible this pre-season. I hope BR has noticed this because for some reason he keeps playing him. Buy out his contract or transfer him and just send him off already.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #497: Aug 05, 2014 04:22:07 am
      As of late? Nadal has fu**ed Federer over his whole career, champ.

must you rub it in?

Actually I used to be a big fan of Davydenko.  Never won anything important mind but he was sort of like the Borini of tennis, hard worker, not much talent but really a grinder.  I liked him a lot. 

I also like Ferrer now.  was a big fan of Safin too when he was around.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #498: Aug 05, 2014 04:29:11 am
      Loved Safin. He and Rafa are my two all time favourites.

Loved the 05 Aussie Open where Safin beat Federer in the semis and then won it against Lleyton in the final.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #499: Aug 05, 2014 04:36:18 am
      Just got home from watching the match at a friends.   I think Coutinho is turning into a world class player.  Ibe shown some great moves too.  Sterling looks great. I'm just loving Henderson right now.  At times tonight, Gerrard looked 5 years younger, I hope that carries on into the season!  In the first half I thought Sakho was just a beast.  I'm just going to leave it there I suppose.  Can't wait for the season to start!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #500: Aug 05, 2014 04:59:23 am
      Watched the game with my manure loving dad and gooner brother.   

Dad got the last laugh of course.. brother tried to pile it on and I remind him at least we got invited to the tourny

Anyways.. ppl already said what I also believe in.. we need a top class striker with two full backs.  The unimaginable thought of sturridge getting injured early in the season and us not having any real backup sends shivers. 

And for the ppl that rip on migs.. please lay off.  Every goalie has their strengths and weaknesses.  I am a huge reina fan but will admit that while reina is fantastic on distribution his shot stopping ability is subpar to mig.  Let me remind you all on the penalty kick saves mig has done for us.. or last season with his quick hands in open play

Cou really is class.. he is definitely a work in progress but his natural ability is arguably top in our entire squad.  Really a joy to watch.

I like lambert and do rate him.  I hope he finds his momentum quickly.  I think he is still adjusting to just how fast our team is on the counter and how quick the ball needs to move between players.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,614 posts | 752 
      Reply #501: Aug 05, 2014 05:10:21 am
      Nah. Can is going to be boss.
      A striker and two full backs.

Can Can replace Gerrard?  :f_tongueincheek:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #502: Aug 05, 2014 05:27:05 am

I think Can can. Can can't now, but in time Can can and if Can can't then we can Can and get someone who can. Infact can that idea I know Can can and Can will.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #503: Aug 05, 2014 05:53:07 am
      Well that's the first time, that I can remember anyway, I've ever voted against us winning.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #504: Aug 05, 2014 06:38:52 am
      Fuckingcuntingwankingfuc kingshitehousefannybangi ngtoiletseatholdingcunti ngscum.

It's okay, it was only a friendly.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #505: Aug 05, 2014 06:45:48 am
      I have just heard the score, still need to sort out the defence it seems. Never mind it was only a friendly.

Quick Reply