Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Radamel Falcao (Monaco)

Read 34806 times
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Re: Radamel Falcao (Monaco)
      Reply #23: Aug 07, 2014 02:01:57 pm
      Sign the Brazilian journalist...!!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #24: Aug 07, 2014 02:03:28 pm
      Just seen Falcaos curent wages. Might as well lock the thread. We'd have to pay nearer 300k a week because of our tax system.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #25: Aug 07, 2014 02:04:03 pm
      http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article4169356.ece

According to Tony Barret we enquired for Falcao, even though he looked set to go to Real Madrid.

I'm surprised, I didn't expect the club to be looking for players at that level.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #26: Aug 07, 2014 02:05:26 pm
      that buy shows two things

we are going for a top top player, I was concerned slightly with the injuries, I think marko will be great in a season as will sterling...again in a season. we need someone asap

also shows selling reina freed up vital wages imo, we easily have at least 22m left, getting rid of agger and a couple of others will only boost our kitty
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #27: Aug 07, 2014 02:09:00 pm
      Just seen Falcaos curent wages. Might as well lock the thread. We'd have to pay nearer 300k a week because of our tax system.
      More than that mate but who else will realistically pay him that kind of money? If he is happy to stay in Monaco and let his carreer drift by then so be it but it comes down to whether he is ambitious enough to move take a pay cut and move to the big boy league.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #28: Aug 07, 2014 02:10:59 pm

Haha, more like 500k mate  :f_tongueincheek:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #29: Aug 07, 2014 02:13:03 pm
      More than that mate but who else will realistically pay him that kind of money? If he is happy to stay in Monaco and let his carreer drift by then so be it but it comes down to whether he is ambitious enough to move take a pay cut and move to the big boy league.
      I don't think Monaco can pay it so they want to loan him. Real Madrid being where he wants to go can afford it but with Bale, Ronaldo and Rodriguez why would they have Falcao for those amount of wages? If he stays at Monaco they may struggle to get around the FFP problem.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #30: Aug 07, 2014 02:18:49 pm
      So Barrett has said we did make an enquiry, but we were told that he was set on Real Madrid

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article4169356.ece
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #31: Aug 07, 2014 02:22:57 pm
      Can we not just offer Reus 1.5 extra to what he already earns? Offer him the fanciest mansion in Liverpool and buy him a Bugatti adorned in the German colours. Maybe we need to take a Harry Redknapp approach to some of these transfers.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #32: Aug 07, 2014 02:32:21 pm
      Best player we've been linked with and the quality we should be looking for in a striker. Get him in.

But I can't allow myself to get excited just yet, I'll believe it when he's shirtless on Zaf's bench with a goon smile on at the camera while the doc's got his hand down his pants politely asking him to cough.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #33: Aug 07, 2014 02:34:25 pm
      Some Juventus bint opens her mouth about a supposed Liverpool target and a world of football fans get excited and deflated, including a Juve target Levazzi who is swayed that direction by the press stories. She makes herself more popular in the online world  and creates a million wet dreams about Falcao in the process.

I want to be wrong, but it just stinks of bullshit!
      http://www.thefootyblog.net/2011/02/20/my-team-i-juventus/

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #34: Aug 07, 2014 02:36:17 pm
      Just heard a rumour that has come from somebody who works for the club that him and his agent are at Melwood.

Would be nice.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35: Aug 07, 2014 02:41:56 pm
      We could easily get 3-4 good years out of him, but whether we will cough up £35m-£50m, signing on fee & huge wages would be extremely doubtful.

If it happened, I really think we would win the league :O
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #36: Aug 07, 2014 02:46:49 pm
      ;D! A £12m loan fee and £10m wages to be covered??!!

Next rumour please..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #37: Aug 07, 2014 03:24:43 pm
      Just heard a rumour that has come from somebody who works for the club that him and his agent are at Melwood.

Would be nice.

Just stop.....now how am I supposed to be pessimistic if you are going all club worker rumors on us?

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38: Aug 07, 2014 03:36:40 pm
      Just stop.....now how am I supposed to be pessimistic if you are going all club worker rumors on us?

I'd normally take it with with a pinch of salt but I'm bored and thought I'd get everyone else wondering as well :)
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #39: Aug 07, 2014 04:11:07 pm
      High price to pay, 12 M loan fee and 10M in wages. That would mean we are to pay 22M for a player on loan for one season. That is insanity. Obviously if we sign him I have no problem with that but I would prefer he went to Madrid and not City. Looks like he wants to go there as well.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #40: Aug 07, 2014 04:14:09 pm
      From what I read, I thought we were leading the chase to get him...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-confident-of-signing-soughtafter-monaco-striker-radamel-falcao--reports-9653376.html

Seriously, that would be fantastic!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #41: Aug 07, 2014 04:17:55 pm
      Seems as if no high profile player wants to sign for us nowadays.

That's the damage that was inflicted by Hicks and Gillette. They nearly ruined us completely, but they didn't, and we are still on the mend. I wouldn't say we have fully recovered from the damage that we were subject to - years without European football has hurt the image of this club in the short term. If we are not to sign any high profile players because they do not trust the potential we possess, then we'll just have to show them what they are missing out on in this years Champions League.

Falcao was always a dream, as was Reus, as was Sanchez. Players in this modern era perceive United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal as bigger clubs. They will also see Bayern and Dortmund ahead of us, as well as Barcelona, Madrid and possibly PSG and Atletico. We need to rectify that this season.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #42: Aug 07, 2014 04:18:21 pm

No I do not think we are, Tony Barrett is saying we inquired about a Falcao loan but the player wants Real Madrid. I never heard of this journalist on twitter before and I do not feel like getting my hopes up. But the fees to get Falcao would be outrageous.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #43: Aug 07, 2014 04:21:20 pm
      No I do not think we are, Tony Barrett is saying we inquired about a Falcao loan but the player wants Real Madrid. I never heard of this journalist on twitter before and I do not feel like getting my hopes up. But the fees to get Falcao would be outrageous.

I agree it sounds too good to be true, but just imagine if it was. This would be a stellar signing!

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #44: Aug 07, 2014 04:38:37 pm
      I also see it difficult in fitting him in to be quite honest. Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema and Rodriguez all vying for game time, how will Falcaô also be included on regular basis? Could be some legs on this one...
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Aug 07, 2014 04:48:17 pm
      Yes, please. Don't think it will happen, but it would be amazing.
      Agree Diego - his performances at both Porto and Atletico were simply outstanding; the man's a F***ing goal machine and he ticks all the 'profile' boxes in my opinion.

Quick Reply