Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 179328 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,357 posts | 6398 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #690: Apr 08, 2016 03:06:46 am
      Didn't think he was good or bad. Counted a few times where he passed back to Sakho putting him under pressure (and at least once Sakho made an errant pass that could have cost us), he didn't do much offensively and he almost got himself sent off.

Ok...so maybe he was closer to bad for me than good. If it says anything about his performance, it seemed that Milner was helping him out the entire second half.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #691: Apr 08, 2016 03:25:32 am
      Didn't think he was good or bad. Counted a few times where he passed back to Sakho putting him under pressure (and at least once Sakho made an errant pass that could have cost us), he didn't do much offensively and he almost got himself sent off.

Ok...so maybe he was closer to bad for me than good. If it says anything about his performance, it seemed that Milner was helping him out the entire second half.

Not sure what you expect him to do in possession... Hoof the ball up the pitch aimlessly, you'd undoubtedly criticise him. Pass the ball to the option that he had, you criticise him. He's in a no-win situation.
      He helped limit one of the best sides in Europe to very few chances. I can't remember any of their better chances coming down his side either.
      Worth noting he also played a big part in our goal.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #692: Apr 08, 2016 07:28:41 am

Not sure what you expect him to do in possession... Hoof the ball up the pitch aimlessly, you'd undoubtedly criticise him. Pass the ball to the option that he had, you criticise him. He's in a no-win situation.
      He helped limit one of the best sides in Europe to very few chances. I can't remember any of their better chances coming down his side either.

It's unreal it really is. The lad can be lacking defensively sometimes but he made quite a few good interceptions and blocks as well as playing a major part in the goal and nearly having an assist when Origi should've scored at the end of the first half.

Whipping boy who a lot of people don't like to give an ounce of credit to as they've pointed out previously somewhere that he is useless.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #693: Apr 08, 2016 09:14:39 am
      I would love it if he scores our winning goal in the Final.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #694: Apr 08, 2016 09:21:09 am
      I think it's also worth pointing out that he's 23 year old still and like has been mentioned on here already, he's a converted winger. He is still learning his craft at left back, still learning as a player and man too.

Said it enough times now, I like the kid, for me he just has that little x factor and I can't quite put my finger on it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #695: Apr 08, 2016 11:14:51 am
      Good defensive performance last night but he's still a bit bonkers.

What was that two footed challenge by their corner flag, lucky he didn't get sent off esp with the Ref last night being card happy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,357 posts | 6398 
      Reply #696: Apr 08, 2016 01:26:03 pm

I'm just saying, a lot of the reason that nothing was happening on his side was because of Milner's help and coverage. Go back  and watch the replay, maybe  I'm wrong but  I seem to remember Milner spending a lot of time helping out defensively back there. I  also still contend that he and Sakho  just are never on the same page. I'm not saying that Moreno was to blame for anything too harsh, just that he didn't really stand out much  to me. Clyne looked the far better of the fullbacks in my opinion.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #697: Apr 08, 2016 03:54:41 pm
      https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/B7A0B0DAA11329941814572158976_5678f8b54da.9.0.12479314975387927384.mp4?versionId=jQAQFPLK_9C4P8gna93HXA0Rkvmn426_

This video highlights the issues around Moreno and what Sakho has to deal with.

Ignore the great block by Sakho and look at Lovren clearly pointing out to Moreno to cover the run by Aubameyang, Moreno just completely ignores him and strolls back letting Aubameyang run freely into our box.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #698: Apr 08, 2016 04:44:45 pm
      https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/B7A0B0DAA11329941814572158976_5678f8b54da.9.0.12479314975387927384.mp4?versionId=jQAQFPLK_9C4P8gna93HXA0Rkvmn426_

This video highlights the issues around Moreno and what Sakho has to deal with.

Ignore the great block by Sakho and look at Lovren clearly pointing out to Moreno to cover the run by Aubameyang, Moreno just completely ignores him and strolls back letting Aubameyang run freely into our box.

I see 3 things in that video:

1.  None of our CM's stepping forward to close down the ball and prevent the pass

2.  Lallana not tracking his runner

3.  Lovren playing 2 steps deeper than the rest of the defense which kept Schmelzer onside

Moreno not tracking Auba was more the consequence of the panic caused by other players not doing their job which allowed Dortmund to carve us open and get in behind. 
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #699: Apr 10, 2016 05:59:44 pm
      Great strike from him and he put in a couple of gorgeous balls. Was excellent going forward. Didn't have much to do defensively.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #700: Apr 10, 2016 08:18:02 pm
      Goal and assist, good lad
      harrydunn08

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #701: Apr 11, 2016 12:20:55 am

Should have had 2 assists, but that clown Origi couldn't finish.....   :f_tongueincheek:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #702: Apr 13, 2016 01:52:34 pm
      Well Bertie has found a use for his right leg anyway. He's got a tattoo on it!!

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #703: Apr 13, 2016 02:06:01 pm
      Well Bertie has found a use for his right leg anyway. He's got a tattoo on it!!

He's such a strange guy :D
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #704: Apr 21, 2016 04:11:52 am
      I hope I don't jinx him, but he's been excellent recently both defensively and going forward. Flawless in March and April, but seems to be going under the radar.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #705: Apr 21, 2016 06:52:37 am
      I hope I don't jinx him, but he's been excellent recently both defensively and going forward. Flawless in March and April, but seems to be going under the radar.

Going under the radar for a full back is a good thing, it means he is turning in some solid 7/10 performances. Long may they continue. Personally I still wait with baited breath for his next brain fart moment but fingers crossed it never happens.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #706: Apr 21, 2016 08:11:28 am
      Is F***ing right Berty! Playing very well lately.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #707: Apr 21, 2016 08:19:10 am
      Thought he played his best game last night. Not much to do as a defender but he made some interceptions and a brilliant tackle on Barkley in the box.

Always there to support attacks and had a couple of lashes at goal. And he seemed to be talking to Sakho more in defence.

Looked excellent.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,357 posts | 6398 
      Reply #708: Apr 21, 2016 01:20:35 pm
      Just going to have to accept that he's  not the greatest defensively, but he's sure entertaining to watch on and off the  pitch.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #709: Apr 24, 2016 12:01:54 am
      Another two assists today for Albie. He was brilliant today. I'm not sure what they did at that training camp in Spain, but whatever it was, it seems to have had a massive impact on him. He's looking great. He's concentrating more defensively and making much better decisions in the final third which are the two things that have always been his major weaknesses.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #710: Apr 24, 2016 12:05:44 am
      Another two assists today for Albie. He was brilliant today. I'm not sure what they did at that training camp in Spain, but whatever it was, it seems to have had a massive impact on him. He's looking great. He's concentrating more defensively and making much better decisions in the final third which are the two things that have always been his major weaknesses.

I wouldn't go over the top with his two assists considering the amount of times he was out of position when the Toon could have scored!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #711: Apr 24, 2016 12:12:45 am

fu**ed up for Newcastle's first though, should of easily have dealt with that, instead another silly jump, sh*te control and the ball reaches the Newcastle player, who is able to get the cross in.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #712: Apr 24, 2016 12:16:46 am
      F**ked up for Newcastle's first though, should of easily have dealt with that, instead another silly jump, sh*te control and the ball reaches the Newcastle player is able to get the cross.

He's still not good enough for left back.

That goal is entirely Mignolet's fault. All full backs allow crosses to come in, the one that came in was a pretty sh*te cross. You have to trust your goalkeeper/centre halves to deal with those type of things. In this case, the goalkeeper did absolutely nothing to deal with it.

Quick Reply