Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Sergio Romero (Sampdoria)

Read 12796 times
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 703 posts | 34 
      Sergio Romero (Sampdoria)
      Aug 13, 2014 10:20:23 pm
      Liverpool look at Sergio Romero

Liverpool are tracking Sampdoria goalkeeper Sergio Romero, who played the World Cup Final with Argentina.

The shot-stopper spent last season on loan at AS Monaco, but does not seem to have a place with the Blucerchiati.

They are eager to sell and cash in on a fine World Cup performance.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Liverpool are the latest club to set their sights on Romero, especially after selling Pepe Reina to Bayern Munich.

Samp have already signed a replacement for Romero, bringing in Emiliano Viviano from Palermo.

http://www.football-italia.net/54312/liverpool-look-sergio-romero

Couple more links:

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/liverpool-are-interested-in-sampdorias-romero/ (In Italian)

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/08/sergio-romero-target-liverpool-keeper-addition/

He had a decent WC, but I have seen nothing of him playing for his club. Anyone got any info?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Sergio Romero (Sampdoria)
      Reply #1: Aug 13, 2014 10:24:26 pm
      Wait a second, I thought Mignolet was amazing and didn't need competition and nothing at all was his fault last season.

Everyone knows that if Simon made any mistakes last season, it was really all the fault of the horrible defense, poor Simon, it's Skrtel's fault he is a pussy in the box, it was Glen Johnson's fault that Mignolet doesn't talk to the defenders, etc etc....

Saint Simon!

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2: Aug 13, 2014 10:28:49 pm
      Wait a second, I thought Mignolet was amazing and didn't need competition and nothing at all was his fault last season.

Everyone knows that if Simon made any mistakes last season, it was really all the fault of the horrible defense, poor Simon, it's Skrtel's fault he is a pussy in the box, it was Glen Johnson's fault that Mignolet doesn't talk to the defenders, etc etc....

Saint Simon!

Did anyone actually say that or are you just acting the c**t, again?

Upgrade on Jones, no threat to Mignolet.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3: Aug 13, 2014 10:29:16 pm

Saint Simon!

Why do you bother Fed I mean really...it adds absolutely nothing except for increasing peoples perception of you as a wind up merchant.

Do you enjoy constantly trying to get people worked up.

Are you in such need for contact with people that you post this kind of stuff just so someone will respond to you?

Get help man, seriously find yourself some help.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #4: Aug 13, 2014 10:29:46 pm

Saint Simon!

Fed, the problem with you, isn't just that you are a whiner. No, your sin is much worse. You are just f**king boring. A f**king broken record without an off switch.

Of course we need better back up than Jones, and of course it wasn't going to be Reina after his letter.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4417 
      Reply #5: Aug 13, 2014 10:29:53 pm
      Did anyone actually say that or are you just acting the c**t, again?

Upgrade on Jones, no threat to Mignolet.

The guys just a first class c**t for the sake of it.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #6: Aug 13, 2014 10:31:55 pm
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #7: Aug 13, 2014 10:33:24 pm
      So...

Anyone got any info on Romero?  :f_whistle:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #8: Aug 13, 2014 10:37:09 pm

Saint Simon!

Some bullshit post right here, out of nowhere attack one of our players for no reason.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #9: Aug 13, 2014 10:40:20 pm

Saint Simon!

Completely agree. Have never agreed more with a post than this. Excellent analysis.   :)
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #10: Aug 13, 2014 10:40:26 pm
      So...

Anyone got any info on Romero?  :f_whistle:
      Never seen him (or atleast not consciously) outside of the world cup - he looked alright there though.

Here are his stats compared to Cech, Hart, and Mignolet: http://tinyurl.com/nq727av
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #11: Aug 13, 2014 10:46:06 pm

Saint Simon!

Whoa that's it! federer is now better that Evans. Houllier, Benitez and Rodgers you're the next main man here federer, you'll be a manager here next? Let me put this bluntly without being overly mean, I trust Rodgers over some random person on a forum on the internet.
      You somehow are trying to take credit or mock people who stick up for Mignolet.
      I like you federer but do not try and act like the mastermind. Because you are just some random dude acting like a know it all.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #12: Aug 13, 2014 10:47:03 pm
      Never seen him (or atleast not consciously) outside of the world cup - he looked alright there though.

Here are his stats compared to Cech, Hart, and Mignolet: http://tinyurl.com/nq727av

Merci! :D

Obviously being brought in as a backup to Mig then. Reckon if there are legs to this rumour Jones could be heading for the exit door.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #13: Aug 13, 2014 10:51:05 pm
      Merci! :D

Obviously being brought in as a backup to Mig then. Reckon if there are legs to this rumour Jones could be heading for the exit door.

Probably a good move for Jones - 32 is not old for a keeper and he could definitely be first choice for a championship team.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #14: Aug 13, 2014 10:51:20 pm
      I'd miss his hair though.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #15: Aug 13, 2014 10:54:06 pm

We can always request that he cuts it off and we can implant it onto Glen's baldy head. Would make the bench look a little more stylish :D
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #16: Aug 13, 2014 11:06:35 pm
      Some bullshit post right here, out of nowhere attack one of our players for no reason.

not at all an attack on Mignolet who by all accounts is a top bloke and has always come across articulate in his interviews etc.  But this is Liverpool Football Club, not Liverpool Nice Bloke Club.

anyway there is no "attack," I'm just sick and tired of those supporters who are happy with us having a mediocre keeper when we need a top class keeper.  I bet you if City got rid of Hart and he was available, no one would want him here---he's about a thousand times better than Mignolet but some people want Mignolet to be our number one just because... he is ours.  And at that point Mignolet becomes bigger than the club.

Not only do we need a keeper to challenge Jones (that's nothing), we need one to challenge MIGNOLET for the starting spot.  And before you get angry at me, go and read what Barrett said in the Times about how no one, including Rodgers, was convinced by Mignolet last season. 

We have improved massively on our back four, and yet no one seems to think Mignolet needs improving upon.  And yet you want to know something---there is no way in HELL you can say with a straight face that Mignolet was better at his position last season than Skrtel was at his.  And yet people want Skrtel benched, but not Mignolet.

If we want to win the league and have a real shot at the CL then we need a top class keeper, simple as.  And I'm sorry to say it but it's not Mignolet. 

I don't know if it's Romero.  But it's not Mignolet.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #17: Aug 13, 2014 11:09:39 pm
      Did you even look at the stats I posted? Hart and Mignolet were very similar with Mignolet edging him overall.
      http://tinyurl.com/kalfob5
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4417 
      Reply #18: Aug 13, 2014 11:09:58 pm
      not at all an attack on Mignolet who by all accounts is a top bloke and has always come across articulate in his interviews etc.  But this is Liverpool Football Club, not Liverpool Nice Bloke Club.

anyway there is no "attack," I'm just sick and tired of those supporters who are happy with us having a mediocre keeper when we need a top class keeper.  I bet you if City got rid of Hart and he was available, no one would want him here---he's about a thousand times better than Mignolet but some people want Mignolet to be our number one just because... he is ours.  And at that point Mignolet becomes bigger than the club.

Not only do we need a keeper to challenge Jones (that's nothing), we need one to challenge MIGNOLET for the starting spot.  And before you get angry at me, go and read what Barrett said in the Times about how no one, including Rodgers, was convinced by Mignolet last season. 

We have improved massively on our back four, and yet no one seems to think Mignolet needs improving upon.  And yet you want to know something---there is no way in HELL you can say with a straight face that Mignolet was better at his position last season than Skrtel was at his.  And yet people want Skrtel benched, but not Mignolet.

If we want to win the league and have a real shot at the CL then we need a top class keeper, simple as.  And I'm sorry to say it but it's not Mignolet. 

I don't know if it's Romero.  But it's not Mignolet.

How many own goals did Migs score?

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4417 
      Reply #19: Aug 13, 2014 11:11:36 pm
      Did you even look at the stats I posted? Hart and Mignolet were very similar with Mignolet edging him overall.
      http://tinyurl.com/kalfob5

Yeah but don't let the facts get in the way of bullshit.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #20: Aug 13, 2014 11:13:16 pm
      Thread virtually ruined courtesy of a ridiculous second post, nice but I'm not shocked given the poster.

Romero would be a decent signing IMO.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #21: Aug 13, 2014 11:16:17 pm

Saint Simon!

I'm sorry I'm not one to single out individual posters but how is this guy not banned absolute WUM of the highest order and does nothing but try and stir the pot. I don't care what your opinion of Migs is, if you think he's s#it that's fine every poster is entitled to their opinion but posting vitriolic cr#p like that is doing nothing but tryin to bring real LFC fans into disrepute and is nothing but WUM behaviour how is he still here after 2000+ posts?!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #22: Aug 13, 2014 11:17:13 pm
      Thread virtually ruined courtesy of a ridiculous second post, nice but I'm not shocked given the poster.

Absolutely not.  It would have been a series of "we don't need a keeper, we've got Mignolet"!

in the same vein as "we don't need a striker, let's give Lambert and Borini a chance," and "we don't need a DM, we have Lucas" etc etc.

Quick Reply