Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Joe Allen (Man Utd)

Read 6136 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Joe Allen (Man Utd)
      Reply #46: Aug 27, 2014 10:08:27 pm
      That said £20 million could buy a better player than Allen, if the money was made available.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #47: Aug 27, 2014 10:26:55 pm
      wash your mouths out and beg for mercy if you even thought for the slightest second that we could sell anyone to the SCUM
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #48: Aug 27, 2014 11:00:00 pm
      Oh... Oh... Can I play?

What about -  Would you be of the same opinion if the sale of Joe meant we would bring in Poulsen or Anderson?  ;D

:D

Well, Poulsen was thought to be an adequate replacement for Mascherano and Anderson good enough to replace Roy Keane.... surely they should be good enough to replace Allen? :)

I would only sell any player if the player being brought in was much better. I think the days of wash, mix and match players of very similar ability should be behind us now that the squad is of a reasonable size.

All about quality now in my opinion.   
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #49: Aug 28, 2014 12:05:15 am
      Yep, the idea of wasting their time and resources and sending them on a wild goose chase is the best option!

Other than that, the only thing I would sell to them is cluster bombs so they can put themselves out of their own misery.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #50: Aug 28, 2014 08:25:08 am
      If we were guaranteed a good replacement of the quality of a Pogba, I'd be fine with him going, however, I do not believe 20mil is over-paying for Allen, particularly in this market. He is seriously under rated here.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #51: Aug 28, 2014 08:49:40 am
      So I take it that people are happy with selling UTD a player that would improve them...WTF. :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #52: Aug 28, 2014 08:56:55 am
      So I take it that people are happy with selling UTD a player that would improve them...WTF. :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Its all about balance. If doing so would improve us by a greater margin I would be fine with it. Relatively that would mean united become weaker compared to us. I'd rather we both get stronger, if we got stronger by a larger margin, than us to stand still and United to get weaker
      Obviously this transfer rumour is BS, and even if it did happen we would be unlikely to get Pogba or Vidal - but on those hypotheticals I wouldn't say no.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #53: Aug 28, 2014 08:57:35 am
      Also this is coming from someone who wants to punch a lot of people in the face for the stupid sh*t they say about Allen.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #54: Aug 28, 2014 08:58:31 am

I don't think he would, a centre midfield of him and Herrera would be hilarious.

The story's BS, I find it odd so many are getting wound up at a little what if...
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #55: Aug 28, 2014 09:22:43 am
      If that place was on fire, I wouldn't sell them my piss to put it out.

Now the opening post has no link!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/396446/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-United-weigh-up-SHOCK-20m-move-for-Liverpool-midfielder-Joe-Allen

Daily Star and the word exclusive usually (always) means made up sh*te.

Yes Joe is going to move to a club with no League Cup Football, (and no European Football) isn't he?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #56: Aug 28, 2014 09:47:55 am
      Its all about balance. If doing so would improve us by a greater margin I would be fine with it. Relatively that would mean united become weaker compared to us. I'd rather we both get stronger, if we got stronger by a larger margin, than us to stand still and United to get weaker
      Obviously this transfer rumour is BS, and even if it did happen we would be unlikely to get Pogba or Vidal - but on those hypotheticals I wouldn't say no.

Do you understand anything of the history of this club WE DONT SELL TO THE SCUM.F**k balance dear god what the F**k is going on.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #57: Aug 28, 2014 09:50:39 am
      Do you understand anything of the history of this club WE DONT SELL TO THE SCUM.F**k balance dear god what the F**k is going on.

We have done, rarely in the past, but largely with players who have a derivative of Thomas as their Christian name.  ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      Reply #58: Aug 28, 2014 09:57:07 am
      Last player we sold them was before the Second World War.

DS data.
      Only five Liverpool players have ever been transferred to United - Tom Chorlton (1912), Tom Miller (1920), Tommy Reid (1929), Ted Savage (1938) and Chilton.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      Reply #59: Aug 28, 2014 09:58:28 am

Is right.

Remember the Gabriel Heinz saga?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #60: Aug 28, 2014 10:23:21 am
      They can go and do one.... unless....

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #61: Aug 28, 2014 10:44:52 am
      We don't sell to the scum?

Another mindset purely dictated by emotions. Why can we not sell to the scum? It's not like it's Sterling or Sturridge who we're are selling. It'd be illogical to not sell Allen to United because we simply do not like them. If the transfer was to benefit us, wouldn't then selling to them be the logical choice?

F**k the rivalry, we'd be mugging them off with £20m coming our way for Joe Allen. It's never going to happen though. Bullshit rumours!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #62: Aug 28, 2014 10:45:34 am
      one of the worst transfer rumors in years.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #63: Aug 28, 2014 11:19:13 am

Not me Walt.

I can see the point in selling Allen if it meant we signed someone like Pogba as Saint said but I wouldn't sell to that lot. Especially a player I rate such as Allen.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3959 
      Reply #64: Aug 28, 2014 11:22:00 am
      We don't sell to the scum?

Another mindset purely dictated by emotions. Why can we not sell to the scum? It's not like it's Sterling or Sturridge who we're are selling. It'd be illogical to not sell Allen to United because we simply do not like them. If the transfer was to benefit us, wouldn't then selling to them be the logical choice?

F**k the rivalry, we'd be mugging them off with £20m coming our way for Joe Allen. It's never going to happen though. Bullshit rumours!

If we are to go on to the next level Joe could very well have to make way, if this suggestion has any legs I would agree with the above comment. We would not be letting an established star go to a rival, as was the case with Hienz but making money on a relatively unproven player.
      All hypothetical of course with no substance whatever.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #65: Aug 28, 2014 11:30:25 am
      Is right.

Remember the Gabriel Heinz saga?

They did us a favour, that guy was garbage!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #66: Aug 28, 2014 12:24:37 pm

yes he was but I bet Rafa really enjoyed getting under Ferguson's skin for a change
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3959 
      Reply #67: Aug 28, 2014 12:46:32 pm

Even 'tho he played for the sh*te the lad was a good defender, he played to a ripe old age I believe.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #68: Aug 28, 2014 01:12:18 pm
      This would be stupid. Joe Allen is a good player, fighting for a regular starting 11 place. Him to the mancs would INSTANTLY improve them while undermining our squad. This is borne out of stupidity.

Quick Reply