Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

The Raheem Sterling Contract Issue is becoming a problem?

Read 8631 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: The Raheem Sterling Contract Issue is becoming a problem?
      Reply #23: Sep 24, 2014 07:41:37 pm
      Even worse, it's a John Cross story.

That fat c**t is still at the door of The Emirates awaiting Suarez.

Ha haaa is it him?

Absolute time served c**t that one. I'd lock the f**ker just for that.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #24: Sep 24, 2014 07:45:45 pm
      And now there are reports of them being interested in Pedro Chirivella aswell.

I particularly dislike the sentence "The 17-year old Spanish midfielder is one of the rough diamonds currently being polished by the Liverpudlian outfit."

It's like as though the tw@ts see us as some kind of feeder club to them.

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/09/22/en/football/real_madrid/1411382095.html
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #25: Sep 25, 2014 04:15:41 am
      had a great laugh at 'age discrimination'. idiot. Rodgers is clearly managing the boy, and you are purposefully twisting his words. he said if you are good enough you are old enough to play. nothing to do with receiving a huge contract by age 19 and losing your hunger by 23.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #26: Sep 25, 2014 11:01:53 am
      had a great laugh at 'age discrimination'. idiot. Rodgers is clearly managing the boy, and you are purposefully twisting his words. he said if you are good enough you are old enough to play. nothing to do with receiving a huge contract by age 19 and losing your hunger by 23.

Well well, another PR parrot.
      Its very clear. Raheem is an extremely good player. He will get even better. He deserves a fair salary, relative to the global standards. The money he brings in does NOT all (or in my view in any part) belong in the grubby mitts of the sleazy hedge funders. I'll let you get back to your rounders-ball.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #27: Sep 25, 2014 11:06:54 am
      The opening post left out one crucial piece of information.

The article 'writer'.

Mr John Cross.

The baddest bellend at the Mirror (which is some achievement given the standard of his competitors).
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #28: Sep 25, 2014 11:13:59 am
      Its very clear. Raheem is an extremely good player. He will get even better. He deserves a fair salary, relative to the global standards. The money he brings in does NOT all (or in my view in any part) belong in the grubby mitts of the sleazy hedge funders. I'll let you get back to your rounders-ball.

no idea what you're talking about.

Rodgers is managing a young boy. he has seen kids careers ruined by getting big headed too soon. the salary is a huge part of that. I'm trying to keep this very simple for you. keep calm and trust people who know far, far, far more than you ever will.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #29: Sep 25, 2014 11:19:07 am
      The opening post left out one crucial piece of information.

The article 'writer'.

Mr John Cross.

The baddest bellend at the Mirror (which is some achievement given the standard of his competitors).

Does put the ''story'' into some context.
      The fact that the Real Madrid ''interest'' was only reported by that nobhead and not duplicated by any other sources points to the fact that the journalistic side of things is not an ingredient.
      He should be in court for taking money under false pretences.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30: Sep 25, 2014 12:26:11 pm
      Sounds like age discrimination if u ask me.

Why should a player be worth less if he's younger? If anything, he's worth MORE because he will get even better.
      He's our best player and deserves to be paid accordingly.

And no I DONT think Raheem thinks "oh let nice John from Boston have the money instead"..

I suppose from a 'best intentions' standpoint you could say LFC dont want to overpay their youngsters because they want to keep them somewhat grounded. Jermaine pennant is a perfect example of too much too soon.

But yes I agree with the best players should be well looked after to ensure they stay.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,965 posts | 5020 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Sep 26, 2014 05:16:58 am
      It's simple,  BR is looking after the lad's best interests,  only a f***in imbecile will fail to see this young lads potential,  Raheem himself is well aware he is heading for superstardom, and at 19, REMEMBER only 19, he's on £30m a week, 

Yes he does deserve to get paid the going rate but that will come, but we still have to keep a lid on it, same as with any young lad, give too much can F**k them up,

Many lads in his position may think they have made it, but they are totally wrong,  this is where the hard graft begins,  and Raheem is no different, there is no doubt Sterling will get better and who knows may even be world class, I certainly hope he does,
      And no doubt at some point soon he WILL be offered a new deal but until then let's be sensible and keep the lads feet on terra firma,

What pissed me off in that fat kunt's bullshit article is the quote where he spouts 'one of the big club's' come in for him,
      He obviously don't regard Liverpool as a big club, we of course knows what he means but still,  like someone else said, it's like we're deemed a feeder club to those in Spain, 
      Typical sh*te journalism from a typical sh*te journalist,

I think it's the same fat pr**k that was ordered off a beach in Florida by the coastguard because the tide was waiting to come in.

YNWA

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #32: Sep 26, 2014 11:00:11 am
      no idea what you're talking about.

Rodgers is managing a young boy. he has seen kids careers ruined by getting big headed too soon. the salary is a huge part of that. I'm trying to keep this very simple for you. keep calm and trust people who know far, far, far more than you ever will.

Yeah Johnny knows LOADS about football. He's even BEEN to the match twice in the past 2 yrs.. :roll:
      Just look at his "Soccernomics" and Andy Carroll..

Reminds of his predecessor who attempted to sing YNWA wihout even knowing any of the words.
      And called us the "Red Devils"..  :o

Wow real football experts.
      Or "same sh*t, different arsehole" more like.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #33: Sep 26, 2014 12:28:20 pm

Well, since it's the manager who made those comments, and not the owners, I presume what you actually meant to say was "another BR parrot"?

Well, SINCE it's the Manager who made THOSE comments, and not THE owners, I presume WHAT YOU actually meant to say WAS "another BR parrot"? ( edited to make it easier to comprehend for you)

Yeah Johnny knows LOADS about football. He's even BEEN to the match twice in the past 2 yrs.. :roll:
      Just look at his "Soccernomics" and Andy Carroll..

Is that THE guy Kenny SIGNED?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #34: Sep 26, 2014 12:52:24 pm
      This smells of intermingling faeces that we've come to expect from the big two in Spain.

I was thinking this exact same thing. Barca not so much but Real are masters of disgusting football politics designed create instability in all opponents. Guess what? We have Real coming up in a few weeks time, so wouldn't be surprised if it's all b***sh*t for that reason alone. Real are up there with Manc in scum behaviour, simple as that.

As for Raheem, I actually do think he should be offered a new contract that is designed to incentivise him for the long term in the club. Big firms nowdays give huge deferred bonuses and so on, nothing wrong with doing the same in football. Wages and bonuses tied to performance and appearances. I'd be in favour of this rather than just awarding him a big fat contract. I think BR has a point in that sense, but I don't agree with him when he says Raheem should wait for a contract, I think the lad has done enough to earn it not.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #35: Sep 26, 2014 12:57:30 pm
      He's got 3 years on his contract - there's plenty of time for him to sign a new one. I don't think the fact he hasn't signed one indicates unwillingness on either side, more just both parties taking the time (that they have plenty of) to negotiate the best deal. Its pretty F***ing weird to suggest that 3 years on a contract is an issue.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #36: Sep 26, 2014 03:16:38 pm

Comolli signed. ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #37: Sep 26, 2014 03:42:50 pm

Comolli was entirely blameless and was weighed in for wrongftii dismissal - doesn't that teii you something?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: Sep 26, 2014 06:49:15 pm
      IMO it's a tricky one this. I can understand the reasons why Rodgers maybe wouldn't want to give him a massive contract just yet due to his age but at the same time age shouldn't be an issue if they are worth it. I have no doubts in the slightest that Sterling will be worth being one of the highest if not the highest earner at the club but I don't feel he has earned it yet. He has recently signed the 30k contact and had a fantastic season but that's it, A season - just the one. Sure he was looking very impressive before last season but as being a regular and a key part of the team I think he has to prove it all over again this season just like every other player. It could be too soon because the young age and all that money - a lot of youngsters would let it go to their head, I'm not saying Sterling would but the risk is there. Has he proved over a long enough period of time he can sustain this impressive form? Who's to say that if he signs this bumper contract that he wouln't be wanting another one after another impressive season? But at the same time we could potentially put a risk there, other clubs like Madrid who would offer him what he would ask for and even though the club has no obligation to sell, we could then end up with an unhappy player on our hands.

IMO he should be re-assured that at the end of the season, if he maintains and improves this impressive form then that massive contract is there for him with a massive release clause stuck in it. If he gets the contract now then he could lose the motivation to prove himself - note I said "could", again I'm not saying this would be the case but the risk is there.

He's 19 years old, had a brilliant season and even though he has a shed load of potential and started the season very well I think he still needs to prove he is worthy of such a contract by carrying it on throughout another season.

We are under no obligation to sell and if niggles are setting into his mind and other clubs come knocking then re-assure him and open tentative talks around the January mark of the season.

That said, if he signed a massive new contract then I wouldn't complain in the slightest, unless it made him complacent.

We managed his contract situation well last time and I'm sure we will again.
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2014 07:37:24 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 156 
      Reply #39: Sep 26, 2014 07:14:01 pm
      Raheem should be on 90k a week he F***ing deserve it , the club should be keeping his best stars not making them available. I don't care what age he is , he's our best player atm and he deserve a decent wage, 30k for an English international is beyond laughable .
      Just give a new contract with a 90k salary and put release close of at least £60m so the likes of Real Madrid and barca think twice about getting him , otherwise I could see sterling in 2 years time joining Suarez.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #40: Sep 26, 2014 07:19:14 pm
      £60m so the likes of Real Madrid and barca think twice about getting him

You really think that would be enough to stop Madrid and Barca putting up the cash? They have spent £80+M and £75M to get top players (well 2 anyway, Bale was well overpriced but that's for a different topic).
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #41: Sep 26, 2014 07:31:22 pm
      So Sterling shouldn't be rewarded because some others have let money go to their heads?

Bollocks and as if even Rodgers believes that. Scrimping I think it's called.

If I was Sterling, and I was maintaining the high level of performance that I am displaying now and not getting rewarded I'd definitely be thinking about getting my just desserts somewhere else or at least I'd threaten to in order to force a rise.

It's a short career and players want to make as much as they can out of their playing years and to be honest, I don't blame them to an extent.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #42: Sep 26, 2014 07:35:47 pm
      So Sterling shouldn't be rewarded because some others have let money go to their heads?

Bollocks and as if even Rodgers believes that. Scrimping I think it's called.

If I was Sterling, and I was maintaining the high level of performance that I am displaying now and not getting rewarded I'd definitely be thinking about getting my just desserts somewhere else or at least I'd threaten to in order to force a rise.

It's a short career and players want to make as much as they can out of their playing years and to be honest, I don't blame them to an extent.

Pretty sure you might be referring to my post here mate. I didn't say he shouldn't be because of these reasons, I was saying that these could merely be reasons why the club might look to wait a bit before doing so.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #43: Sep 26, 2014 07:38:42 pm
      Pretty sure you might be referring to my post here mate. I didn't say he shouldn't be because of these reasons, I was saying that these could merely be reasons why the club might look to wait a bit before doing so.

No Ken, was referring to the bit in bold in the article in the OP. Laziness
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #44: Sep 26, 2014 07:41:18 pm
      No Ken, was referring to the bit in bold in the article in the OP. Laziness

My apologies  :couch:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #45: Sep 26, 2014 07:44:20 pm

Ha haa should change the couch to a rock  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply